HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

[WHL] - Overage Players for current season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2004, 06:06 PM
  #1
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
[WHL] - Overage Players for current season

Brandon Wheat Kings
Steven Later D
Tim Konsorada RW
Lance Monych RW

Calgary Hitmen
Shaun Landolt C
Brett O'Malley C
Lee Zalasky LW

Everett Silvertips
Mitch Love D
Tyler Dietrich C
Alex Leavitt C

Kamloops Blazers
Tyrell Moulton D
Jarret Lukin C
Aaron Richards LW

Kelowna Rockets
Darren Deschamps D
Brett Palin D
Tyler Mosienko C

Kootenay Ice
James Cherewyk D
Martin Sagat LW
Adam Taylor C

Lethbridge Hurricanes
Aaron Sorochan G
Justin Cruse LW
Jonathan Filewich RW

Medicine Hat Tigers
Cody Blanshan D
Steve Marr D
Paul Gentile C

Moose Jaw Warriors
Jordan McLaughlin G
Dan Ehrman D
Conlan Seder D

Portland Winter Hawks
Blake Grenier G
Darrell May RW
Cody McLeod LW

Prince Albert Raiders
Luke Fritshaw D
Chris Schlenker D
Caine Pearpoint LW

Prince George Cougars
Andre Blanchette D
Danny Lapointe C
Tyrel Lucas LW

Red Deer Rebels
Gerry Festa G
Stuart Kerr D
Chris Neiszner RW

Regina Pats
Braden Appleby C
Brent Hill C
Rick Rypien C

Saskatoon Blades
Ryan Cyr G
Tyler Boldt D
Ryan Keller RW

Seattle Thunderbirds
Derek Couture RW
Tyler Metcalfe LW
Nate Thompson C

Spokane Chiefs
Gary Gladue D
Scott Lynch D
Jevon Desautels LW

Swift Current Broncos
Matej Trojovsky D
Barry Horman RW
Tyler Redenbach C

Tri-City Americans
Andy Thompson D
Marcus Jonasen LW
Dylan Stanley C

Vancouver Giants
Adam Courchaine C
Triston Grant LW
Ty Morris LW


Last edited by goteam: 11-12-2004 at 03:40 PM.
goteam is offline  
Old
08-05-2004, 10:43 PM
  #2
Heathen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: England
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Heathen Send a message via AIM to Heathen Send a message via MSN to Heathen Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen
Medicine Hat Tigers
Cody Blanshan D
Steve Marr D
Mark Vodden D
Steve Regier LW

Vodden will NOT be back next season.... he's going to concentrate on school. Which is great as now, after the Idema trade, we have 3 over agers.

Heathen is offline  
Old
08-05-2004, 11:35 PM
  #3
BCCHL inactive
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country:
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteam
Prince George Cougars
Jordan McLaughlin G
Dan Idema D
Tyrell Moulton D
Jonathan Filewich RW
Danny Lapointe C
Don't expect McLaughlin to stick as a 20 year-old backup to Justin Pogge.

With the acquisition of Idema, I expect Moulton to be traded or released.

The three overagers for the Cougars this season should be Idema, Filewich and Lapointe.

BCCHL inactive is offline  
Old
08-05-2004, 11:56 PM
  #4
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen
Medicine Hat Tigers
Cody Blanshan D
Steve Marr D
Mark Vodden D
Steve Regier LW

Vodden will NOT be back next season.... he's going to concentrate on school. Which is great as now, after the Idema trade, we have 3 over agers.
Thanks, edited Vodden out.

goteam is offline  
Old
08-05-2004, 11:57 PM
  #5
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Don't expect McLaughlin to stick as a 20 year-old backup to Justin Pogge.

With the acquisition of Idema, I expect Moulton to be traded or released.

The three overagers for the Cougars this season should be Idema, Filewich and Lapointe.
Will McLaughlin be attending the Cougars training camp? Cause I've removed players the team has announced would not even be attending training camp (ie. Jon Cara with the Blades).

goteam is offline  
Old
08-06-2004, 12:37 AM
  #6
BCCHL inactive
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country:
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteam
Will McLaughlin be attending the Cougars training camp? Cause I've removed players the team has announced would not even be attending training camp (ie. Jon Cara with the Blades).
If he is not traded or released before training camp, I would expect him there. A junior player won't sit at home with no training camp when he needs to find a team.

BCCHL inactive is offline  
Old
08-06-2004, 11:36 AM
  #7
Upchuck19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Look for Kelowna three overagers to be Moisenko, Palin and Deschamps. Word around hockey insiders is that Phoenix wants Gelech in the AHL next year. I was really hoping Randall would come back for one more year, but wait and see?

Upchuck19 is offline  
Old
08-06-2004, 11:52 AM
  #8
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
I'd love to be the Vancouver Giants' shoes right now trying to narrow down their overagers. Marsh, Thompson, Appleby, Courchaine, Grant, Morris --- yikes!

goteam is offline  
Old
08-06-2004, 12:30 PM
  #9
Pedrostallion1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
As for Kootenay...

Glenn Olson is gone, signed a contract with San Jose and should be in the AHL or ECHL next year.

Travis Featherstone has retired and will concentrate on school

That leaves us with three overagers in Adam Taylor, Martin Sagat and James Cherewyk.

I would not be suprised to see Tyrell Moulton end up in Cranbrook with the ICE, local boy, would improve our back line and provide the toughness we so desperately need. Have to think that Adam Taylor would be the guy who takes the axe should Moulton come to town.

As for Vancouver, Sorochan is an overager as well but with Schwarz I would imagine he would be released or traded. That gives Van. 7 o/a's.....going to be a young team this year but with a couple solid Euro's and Brule they could do some damage.

Pedrostallion1 is offline  
Old
08-07-2004, 11:50 PM
  #10
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteam

Seattle Thunderbirds
Erik Benke D
Derek Couture RW
Steven Goertzen RW
Tyler Metcalfe LW
Nate Thompson C
I'd take Benke and Goertzen off that list. The other 3 are locks, afaic.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
08-10-2004, 12:53 AM
  #11
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
Look for Kelowna three overagers to be Moisenko, Palin and Deschamps. Word around hockey insiders is that Phoenix wants Gelech in the AHL next year. I was really hoping Randall would come back for one more year, but wait and see?
I sure hope an overage spot is not used for Deschamps. There are a few better players out there I think.....

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
  #12
Canadian Chris
Registered User
 
Canadian Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,191
vCash: 748
you can send adam taylor to PG....we'll give you filewich or something

Canadian Chris is offline  
Old
08-10-2004, 08:49 PM
  #13
dafranchz
Registered User
 
dafranchz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
Word around hockey insiders is that Phoenix wants Gelech in the AHL next year. I was really hoping Randall would come back for one more year, but wait and see?
And maybe even Redenbach!

dafranchz is offline  
Old
08-20-2004, 07:15 PM
  #14
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Move Rupprecht from SPO to MJ. Traded today.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
08-30-2004, 08:31 PM
  #15
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Paul Brown traded from Kamloops to Saskatoon: Edited.

goteam is offline  
Old
09-03-2004, 10:20 AM
  #16
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 500
Brandon Wheat Kings
Tim Konsorada
Steven Later
Tyler Boldt
Andre Blanchette

Blanchette likely the odd man out as long as the blue jackets allow konsorada to play his last year in BDN

Letang fan 58 is offline  
Old
09-12-2004, 06:11 PM
  #17
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
http://www.raiderhockey.com/pages/ar...girling_pr.php

Matt Girling released by the Raiders

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/media...irrelease.html

Blades release Sean Moir and Rob Woods

(Matt Fetzner already released earlier in camp)

goteam is offline  
Old
09-12-2004, 06:22 PM
  #18
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
I sure hope an overage spot is not used for Deschamps. There are a few better players out there I think.....
Turns out Kelowna has brought in Sask-born defenseman, Gio Flammino, who left Ferris State to join the Rockets for his overage season.

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/archiv...ate=2004/09/07

Forward Tyler Mosienko, returning defencemen Brett Palin and Darren Deschamps, and newcomer Gio Flamminio, a defenceman from Ferris State via Prince Albert, Sask., are all in in the mix for overage spots.

goteam is offline  
Old
09-12-2004, 07:50 PM
  #19
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteam
Turns out Kelowna has brought in Sask-born defenseman, Gio Flammino, who left Ferris State to join the Rockets for his overage season.

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/archiv...ate=2004/09/07

Forward Tyler Mosienko, returning defencemen Brett Palin and Darren Deschamps, and newcomer Gio Flamminio, a defenceman from Ferris State via Prince Albert, Sask., are all in in the mix for overage spots.

After watching the first home exhibition game it is tough to tell who to hold onto between Gio and Deschamps. Gio reminds me of a poor mans Duncan Keith. Small, fast, good shot, lacked physical play and wasnt overly great defensively. Deschamps was Deschamps, always looking lost and rushing things rather then slowing them down and controlling the puck.

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
  #20
BCCHL inactive
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country:
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
If the Rockets got Flammino to leave the NCAA, that tells me that he has a spot sealed up unless he completely drops the ball before the overage deadline.

BCCHL inactive is offline  
Old
09-12-2004, 09:23 PM
  #21
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!
 
mazmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Adam Couchaine will be back with Vancouver. BrandonSun was the source.

mazmin is offline  
Old
09-12-2004, 09:38 PM
  #22
Canadian Chris
Registered User
 
Canadian Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,191
vCash: 748
I would like to see the Cats go after Rob Woods now that he's been released. I would REALLY like that

Canadian Chris is offline  
Old
09-12-2004, 11:32 PM
  #23
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,450
vCash: 500
...

GIO has ties to the Kelowna organization too. He was the backbone of the Kindersley Jr. Klippers' defense in the SJHL a couple years back and none other than Kelly Guard was in the pipes. They lost to a powerful OCN Blizzard team (MJHL) in the Anavet Cup.

Rockets fans will grow to love GIO, he was a fan favourite on and off the ice in Klipper country, I think he is more of a poor man's Thomas Slovak. It was exhibition and if he thinks/knows he has a spot on the roster he may have laid off the physical play a bit, not that is the way he is (mentality wise), but it is hard to go all out in the pre-season if you got a spot locked up.

He is no Scott Stevens in disguise, don't get me wrong, but he will throw his weight around more when things get serious...one of those 'when the going gets tough the tough get going' type guys.

Larry Fisher is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 12:59 AM
  #24
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
GIO has ties to the Kelowna organization too. He was the backbone of the Kindersley Jr. Klippers' defense in the SJHL a couple years back and none other than Kelly Guard was in the pipes. They lost to a powerful OCN Blizzard team (MJHL) in the Anavet Cup.

Rockets fans will grow to love GIO, he was a fan favourite on and off the ice in Klipper country, I think he is more of a poor man's Thomas Slovak. It was exhibition and if he thinks/knows he has a spot on the roster he may have laid off the physical play a bit, not that is the way he is (mentality wise), but it is hard to go all out in the pre-season if you got a spot locked up.

He is no Scott Stevens in disguise, don't get me wrong, but he will throw his weight around more when things get serious...one of those 'when the going gets tough the tough get going' type guys.
Thanks for the insight, I will be watching hom over the next couple of weeks and will let you know how he is doing.

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 10:46 AM
  #25
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
Adam Couchaine will be back with Vancouver. BrandonSun was the source.
I was sent an article in the Vancouver Province which covers this. So I guess it is true. Also by the looks of the article, the Giants aren't expecting last year's captain, Tyson Marsh, to return from the Toronto Maple Leafs system.


Because the Province is subscription based online, here's the key part from the article about Marsh:

With Courchaine confirmed for this year, it does firm up at least one of the team's three overage spots.
Another would undoubtedly go to defenceman Tyson Marsh, but the team captain is expected to catch on in the Toronto Maple Leafs farm system.

goteam is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.