HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wojtek Wolski to Boston

Old
07-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Rhody401

vCash: 500
Wojtek Wolski to Boston

What would Boston have to give up to get Wolski.

He would be good to pair with Bergeron + Marchand on the second line.

Bruins could offer Caron + picks or player.

Ideas?

Rhody401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Done, no trade backs.

But you do realize Wolski struggled mightily last year right? He's also has MAJOR inconsistency issues.

How about Ference or Boychuk for Wolski?

Last edited by Kershaw: 07-29-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: wolsiii
Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:04 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

It's not like the Bruins don't have this guy called Tyler Seguin to take Ryder's spot or anything.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:07 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Only person I'd be interested in is Lucic and that isn't happening. Rangers need a LW to play on the top line or a top 4 D capable of some offense wouldn't hurt either.

Maybe Seidenberg if he was available might interest the Rangers, but who knows. If the Rangers can't upgrade somewhere with Wolski he'll be playing with Richards and Gaborik on the top line.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:15 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Only person I'd be interested in is Lucic and that isn't happening. Rangers need a LW to play on the top line or a top 4 D capable of some offense wouldn't hurt either.

Maybe Seidenberg if he was available might interest the Rangers, but who knows. If the Rangers can't upgrade somewhere with Wolski he'll be playing with Richards and Gaborik on the top line.
We're talking about the same Wojtek Wolski, right?

You would never get either Lucic or Seidenberg for him.... I'd offer Pouliot + mid pick but we just signed him so no point.

I honestly don't see much need for Wolski really, in Boston.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:16 PM
PeterTheGreat

Funny thing is Avs almost traded him to Boston for Wheeler. I cant remember who declined but the Avs then traded him for Mueller instead.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

If you need a headcase, inconsistent winger, just sign Zherdev and keep the asset(s).

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:29 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
We're talking about the same Wojtek Wolski, right?

You would never get either Lucic or Seidenberg for him.... I'd offer Pouliot + mid pick but we just signed him so no point.

I honestly don't see much need for Wolski really, in Boston.
Exactly my point what does that garbage do for the Rangers? The Rangers are better off letting Wolski rebound playing top line minutes, if he doesn't pan out he's gone at the end of the year anyway.

Old
07-29-2011, 08:30 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

wow really caron? Honestly I think he would be better fit in your top 9 as opposed wolski, unless you have some sort of miracle worker to give him some motivation...

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Shaun
beauty

Don't want Wolski

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:48 PM
jsalz16

I can't believe anyone would make a trade proposal where they receive Wolski. Honestly, I see him in the KHL next year.

jsalz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Frankie Spankie

I'd love to have Wolski in Boston being Polish myself, maybe he'd bring some excitement in hockey in the Polish community!

But regardless, there's really no room here. If Boston is trying to acquire a forward, it better be a legit 1st line forward and not some more depth pieces like Wolski.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:54 PM
bostonphoenix

I thought he was 2 steps away from being bought out... Why are we giving up assets for him?

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:19 PM
ZdenoWhoIAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post

The trade value of Lucic is lightyears ahead of Wolski and is pretty much intangible to take from the Bruins so you are right there.

Seidenberg's trade value is just as far away as Lucic's is from Wolski especially after the playoffs this year.

ZdenoWhoIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:30 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZdenoWhoIAm View Post
The trade value of Lucic is lightyears ahead of Wolski and is pretty much intangible to take from the Bruins so you are right there.

Seidenberg's trade value is just as far away as Lucic's is from Wolski especially after the playoffs this year.
Don't disagree, but those are the most attractive assets from a NYR perspective and Boston not willing to move those pieces the Rangers will hope that Wolski simply regains form (and he might despite what everyone thinks about him)

Old
07-29-2011, 11:01 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Rangers have Wolski working with a skating coach that worked with Bryan Boyle last off season and not coincidentally, they've also chosen not to buy him it. Many believe as I do that his consistency and ability to succeed in general has been a direct result of his poor skating, NOT him being a so called "head case".

The Rangers will need a top6 LW and Wolski will be one of the candidates to fill that role. IF someone else fills that role in camp, then I can see trading him, if he's the best candidate in camp, Rangers need to keep him and we'll see you in the playoffs.

If he gets beat out by Zuccarello who also played well last season, I'll trade him, but Caron has too many injury issues.

Wojtek Wolski
for
Maxime Sauve & 2nd round pick

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:16 PM
TooMuchMan

Not trying to be a rude voice of dissent, but the Bruins won't be interested in Wolski if it involves any of our core (Seidenberg and Lucic included, folks) or any of out top 5-10 picks (Sauve, Caron, etc.)... he's just not that noticeable an upgrade to be worth anything beyond a low pick (I'm thinking 4th round or later) or a fringe prospect. If that's not to your satisfaction, you should probably shop him elsewhere.

FWIW, Caron looks to fit nicely into our top - 9 this year and offers the Bruin style of play (intelligent two-way/physical) and costs us a fraction in dollars and assets what W2 would....

I'm not saying the Bruins are unequivocally better w/o Wolski, but the likely difference isn't worth the cost.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Rangers need wolski. We have no lw depth.

Laugh all you want. The guy is going to play an important role if we are to succeed.

People forget he's only 24

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

dont wamt wolski at all, i mean he's not as bad as some of the posters on here make him out to be, but no need to send over one of our top prospects who is NHL ready for him, not to mention theres no room for him

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 01:49 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Rangers need wolski. We have no lw depth.

Laugh all you want. The guy is going to play an important role if we are to succeed.

People forget he's only 24
It's like Canucks fans with Raymond, he had a down/injury year and now he's in about every trade proposal. Thank goodness GM's never listen to fans.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:33 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody401 View Post
What would Boston have to give up to get Wolski.

He would be good to pair with Bergeron + Marchand on the second line.

Bruins could offer Caron + picks or player.

Ideas?
As a Bruins fan I wouldn't even want to see Caron traded for Wolski straight up. Zach Hamill maybe, but not Caron.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:38 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Rangers have Wolski working with a skating coach that worked with Bryan Boyle last off season and not coincidentally, they've also chosen not to buy him it. Many believe as I do that his consistency and ability to succeed in general has been a direct result of his poor skating, NOT him being a so called "head case".

The Rangers will need a top6 LW and Wolski will be one of the candidates to fill that role. IF someone else fills that role in camp, then I can see trading him, if he's the best candidate in camp, Rangers need to keep him and we'll see you in the playoffs.

If he gets beat out by Zuccarello who also played well last season, I'll trade him, but Caron has too many injury issues.

Wojtek Wolski
for
Maxime Sauve & 2nd round pick
I thought he had a broken collar bone at team Canada camp, what other injuries did he have? Hasn't he been injury free since then? That was 3 years ago I think.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Vitto79

i've seen a Wolski to Wings, Nucks and now Bruins, rumor Isles...............they are going to keep him.

in the Rangers top 6 it lines up like this

C Richards, Stepan or Anisimov
RW Gaborik, Callahan
LW Dubinsky, X (Wolski makes the most sense to start here)

other F are Boyle, Fedotenko, Avery, Prust, Rupp, Christensen

Zuccarello is a wild card in camp

All in all Wolski should be given a shot to mesh with Richards

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 10:02 AM
beastly115

As sad as it sounds, we kind of need to hold onto Wolski. We're fairly thin at LW with Dubinsky and Wolski the only ones capable of putting up 50+ pts.

Any trade involving Wolski would involving adding some more assets to try to bring in a better, more consistent LW.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Mr Shanahan

Wolski follows up 65 in 80 with 35 in 73 and now he's a headcase..

Obviously a substantial drop in point production but really? Maybe he just had a bad year.

My cousin's buddy used to go to highschool with Wolski, and apparently his fiance broke up with him or something before the start of last season.

Mr Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote