Next Summer is Going to be Boring

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2011, 04:49 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient kids

vCash: 500
Next Summer is Going to be Boring

The Jets have been on the forefront of the news here in Winnipeg ever since that faithful day on May 31. Usually you get to a point in July where there isn't much hockey to talk about, but not here this summer. There seems to be some announcement or development every other day that keeps the Jets on the front page of the newspaper. I'm addicted to this Jets news and can't get enough of it. I'm afraid next summer is going to be real tough to deal with. There will be weeks on end where we won't hear anything about the team. Where am I going to get my fix?

Here's a list of some of the things that the Jets have accomplished since May 31 (excluding all of the behind the scenes stuff no one hears about):

May 31, 2011, 11:00 AM
True North Sports & Entertainment Limited announce purchase of the Atlanta Thrashers

June 1 - 4, 2011
Drive to 13,000 campaign

June 4, 2011
Rick Dudley informed he will not be retained as GM

June 8, 2011
Kevin Cheveldayoff named general manager
Craig Heisinger named Senior Vice-President & Director, Hockey Operations/Assistant General Manager

June 10, 2011
AHL BOG's approve transfer of Manitoba Moose to St. John's

June 17, 2011
MTS signs new 10 year agreement with option to extend its partnership with True North well past 2030.

June 20, 2011
Craig Ramsay informed he will not be retained as coach

June 21, 2011
NHL Board of Governors approves sale and transfer of Thrashers to True North Sports & Entertainment
Jets launch their official web site

June 23, 2011
2011-12 pre-season schedule released
2011-12 regular schedule released

June 24, 2011
Claude Noel named head coach
Mark Chipman announces name "Winnipeg Jets" at 2011 Entry Draft
NHL Entry Draft
1st round (7 over-all) Mark Scheifele
3rd round (67 over-all) Adam Lowry
3rd round (78 over-all) Brennan Serville
4th round (119 over-all) Zachary Yuen
5th round (149 over-all) Austen Brassard
6th round (157 over-all) Jason Kasdorf
7th round (189 over-all) Aaron Harstad

June 28, 2011
Anthony Stewart and Rob Schremp, both RFA's, did not receive qualifying offers from Jets and became UFAs

July 1, 2011
Derek Meech (D) - signed as an unrestricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Tanner Glass (LW/RW) - signed as an unrestricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Radek Dvorak (RW) - signed as an unrestricted free agent with Dallas Stars.
Noah Welch (D) - signed with the HV 71 of the Elitserien (Sweden).

July 2, 2011
Rick Rypien (RW/C) - signed as an unrestricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Randy Jones (D) - signed as an unrestricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Anthony Stewart (RW) - signed as an unrestricted free agent with Carolina Hurricanes.

July 3, 2011
Aaron Gagnon (C/RW) - signed as an unrestricted free agent to a two-year contract.
Mark Flood (D) - signed as a free agent to a one-year contract.

July 5, 2011
Andrew Ladd (LW) - re-signed as a restricted free agent

July 7, 2011
Jets annouce they will participant in Vancouver Canucks Young Stars tournament

July 8, 2011
Jason Gregoire (LW) - signed as a free agent to a two-year entry-level contract.
Eric Fehr (RW) - acquired from the Washington Capitals for winger Danick Paquette and a fourth-round draft pick in 2012.

July 9, 2011
Kenndal McArdle (LW) - acquired from the Florida Panthers for center Angelo Esposito

July 12, 2011
Fredrik Pettersson (RW/LW) - signed with the Frolunda of the Elitserien (Sweden), released with one year left on contract.

July 13, 2011
Announce that Kraft Hockeyville pre-season game vs Ottawa to be played at Mile One Centre

July 14, 2011
Keith McCambridge - named Head Coach of St. Johnís
Brett Festerling (D) - re-signed as a restricted free agent to a one-year contract.

July 15, 2011
Charlie Huddy - signed as Assistant Coach
Wade Flaherty - signed as the Goaltending Coach
Tony Borgford - signed as the Video Coach

July 17, 2011
Ben Maxwell (C/LW) - re-signed as a restricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Kenndal McArdle (LW) - re-signed as a restricted free agent to one-year contract.
Eric Boulton (LW) - signed as an unrestricted free agent with New Jersey Devils.

July 18, 2011
Spencer Machacek (RW) - re-signed as restricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Arturs Kulda (D) - re-signed as restricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Riley Holzapfel (C) - re-signed as restricted free agent to a one-year contract.
Blake Wheeler (RW/LW) - re-signed as restricted free agent to a two-year contract.

July 19, 2011
Jason Jaffray (W/C) - signed as a free agent to a one-year contract.

July 20, 2011
Name Mark Morrison assistant coach of their AHL affiliate in St. John's
Marco Rosa, Shawn Weller, Kevin Clark, Travis Ramsey, Michael Kirkpatrick, Shayne Wiebe, and John Albert
signed to American Hockey League contracts

July 22, 2011, 4 PM
True North unveils Jets new logos
Announce hiring of Pascal Vincent as assistant coach

July 26, 2011
Sign Ivan Telegin to entry level two-year contract

July 29, 2011
St. John's IceCaps name announced and logo unvailed

Old
07-30-2011, 04:53 PM
PensFan6687

Summer is never boring. It's the best time of year.

You get to leave your house and stay outside for prolonged periods of time without having to worry if you'll die from pneumonia or to a lesser extent, get frost bite. Flu season is abundant and you're limited to what you can do. I love all the greenery.. in fact I find myself less bored during the Summer than Winter.

Oh and of course there is more skin during the Summer season. hehe

I really hope the mods don't edit that part. It's harmless banter.

Old
07-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Summer is never boring. It's the best time of year.

You get to leave your house and stay outside for prolonged periods of time without having to worry if you'll die from pneumonia or to a lesser extent, get frost bite. Flu season is abundant and you're limited to what you can do. I love all the greenery.. in fact I find myself less bored during the Summer than Winter.

Oh and of course there is more skin during the Summer season. hehe

I really hope the mods don't edit that part. It's harmless banter.
Only part I like about summer. You can stay outside for prolonged periods of time and die from heat stroke too. I'd much rather go outside and step into some snow.

Old
07-30-2011, 05:05 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Only part I like about summer. You can stay outside for prolonged periods of time and die from heat stroke too. I'd much rather go outside and step into some snow.
Only if you're an idiot who stands in the Sun for long periods of time. Otherwise, NO!

Doesn't matter where you stand outside in Winter, it's hazardous to one's health. Being in the shade drinking plenty of fluids and wearing sun block, you're a-o-k... and of course dousing yourself in water every now and then. Going in a air cooled environment is a necessity as well. Either way, Summer is pretty and has more options, and again there is the more skin thing, so yes, Summer >>>>>>>>> Winter. Without hockey, there is nothing Winter offers me. Except for my appreciation of Summer when it comes.

Also most people who get heat stroke are unhealthy, overweight, out of shape, and/or don't know when enough is enough. In the end I am never bored during Summer. Always stuff to do. Swimming, skiing, jogging, canoeing, camping, yard parties, lake trips, going for nice long walks. Corydon and Osborne is a blast in Summer! Lots of festivals going on. Outdoor concerts and events! Love gardening and I love the fruit and veggies I get in Summer.

Old
07-30-2011, 05:08 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Winter is so much better than summer...

Old
07-30-2011, 05:16 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
Winter is so much better than summer...
Nope, it isn't. Granted I do like the Winter Olympics more than the Summer Olympics. But the girls of Summer's unis are hotter. hehe

Old
07-30-2011, 05:19 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Nope, it isn't. Granted I do like the Winter Olympics more than the Summer Olympics. But the girls of Summer's unis are hotter. hehe
Hockey > girls in short shorts.

Old
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
I appreciate the list AndersUlfBobby, I really do. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be able to sustain a thread that stays on topic.

Closed.

Closed Thread