HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Winter Classic, Monday, January 2 at 1 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
HartsyMania
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Dude that avatar is epic.
Hahahaha thank you sir.

Old
12-20-2011, 02:16 PM
pelts35.com

Video of the making of Bryz' Winter Classic mask

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...id=0&id=143304

He should use this as his regular mask as it blows away his other two.

Edit: Mask will be auctioned off after the Winter Classic. It will probably fetch a pretty penny, but would be well worth it.

Old
12-20-2011, 02:21 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post

Edit: Mask will be auctioned off after the Winter Classic. It will probably fetch a pretty penny, but would be well worth it.
I'm going to laugh when he gets pulled after the first.

Old
12-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Flyers845

That mask is awesome

Old
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post

Frannie is friends with one of the teachers that I work with and I met him at a bar back in September. The teacher knows I was (am?) a goalie so he hunted me down when Frannie showed up so I could talk masks with him. The one question he wouldn't answer was what the winter classic mask would look like. He said they weren't sure the direction they were taking yet, but that they had a general idea, and he was going to keep the general idea a secret.

I like the idea of honoring legends, but wish it was just Flyers legends instead. I just don't like have the Eagle Green, Phillies Red, and Sixers Blue on a Flyers mask. I guess it makes since that Bryz would want all of it though with him being a history buff and all. I really liked Ty Conklin's Pengiuns Winter Classic mask with the blue background and the white snow flakes. Simple and clean with the blue to match the jerseys and the snow for outside.

Last edited by Superman33: 12-20-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Fantastic... and I think it's great that Bryz wants to honor the City and its past greats... Classy guy.

... Any word on Bob's?

Old
12-20-2011, 06:07 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33 View Post
I like the idea of honoring legends, but wish it was just Flyers legends instead. I just don't like have the Eagle Green, Phillies Red, and Sixers Blue on a Flyers mask..
I have to disagree. While it may not look throwback enough in terms of its relation to the Flyers Organization, the Winter Classic is a celebration of Philadelphia as well as the Flyers. Case in point is the fact that the game will be played in Citizens Bank Park, built in the shadows of the old Vet. I think it's a classy move by Bryzgalov. Unfortunately, he may not remain in the game long enough to show it off.

Last edited by s3x: 12-20-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old
12-20-2011, 06:51 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Fantastic... and I think it's great that Bryz wants to honor the City and its past greats... Classy guy.

... Any word on Bob's?
Since there's been no mention of it, even though the articles on NHL.com say that the artist is painting bryz's, parent's and little's, my guess is that he won't have a special mask for it.

Old
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Old
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
That is just gorgeous.

Old
12-21-2011, 05:46 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1611
Some more photos:

http://www.csnphilly.com/v11_pieceof...d=10110&gf=278

Broadcast Info:

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...4&feedID=10540

Quote:
Comcast SportsNet will air daily Countdown to a Classic reports in SportsNite beginning on Sunday, December 25, plus two 30-minute specials recounting the history between the teams and previewing the games.

In addition to airing the Alumni game, Comcast SportsNet will air live pre and postgame programs for both the Legends game and the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic game. The Comcast Network will air the Adirondack Phantoms vs. Hershey Bears from Citizens Bank Park on Friday, January 6.

Countdown to A Classic
Beginning on Sunday, December 25, Comcast SportsNet will air daily Countdown to a Classic segments in SportsNite and Daily News Live. These segments will feature little known Winter Classic facts, trivia, interviews with past players, ballpark preparations, etc.

Comcast SportsNet will also air two Countdown to a Classic half-hour specials on Sunday, December 25 at 7 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. and Sunday, January 1 at 7 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. The December 25 program will be hosted by John Boruk and Lisa Hillary, and will focus on the history and traditions surrounding this yearly outdoor game. The January 1 program, hosted by Jim Jackson and Lisa Hillary, will examine the storylines leading up to the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic.

The Orange Line
Comcast SportsNet’s weekly Flyers magazine show, The Orange Line will focus on the Winter Classic. On Monday, December 26 at 7 p.m. host Lisa Hillary will examine the Flyers/Rangers Rivalry as the two franchises get set to meet in the Winter Classic, plus fans will get an inside look at the making of Ilya Bryzgalov's Winter Classic mask and former Flyer Jeremy Roenick talks about his return to Philadelphia for the Legends Game. “The Orange Line” airing on Tuesday, January 3 at 7 p.m. will recap all the events around...

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 12-21-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old
12-21-2011, 07:01 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Is the Alumni game on CSN?
Yessir!!!!

BroadStHockey Travis Hughes
Winter Classic Alumni Game will be broadcast by CSN Philly; TCN to air Phantoms game from ballpark sbn.to/u4aWck

Old
12-21-2011, 07:28 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Yessir!!!!

BroadStHockey Travis Hughes
Winter Classic Alumni Game will be broadcast by CSN Philly; TCN to air Phantoms game from ballpark sbn.to/u4aWck
awesome, I was worried I wouldn't get to see it.

Old
12-21-2011, 08:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
It was supposed to be on VS anyways.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
12-21-2011, 08:11 PM
acjc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
That is just gorgeous.
Those seats look OK and they are the absolute cheapest on stubhub!

Old
12-21-2011, 08:27 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acjc1 View Post
Are those the bleachers?

Old
12-21-2011, 08:34 PM
s3x

Quote:

They'll be okay... but not great. The boards on the near side of the ice aren't up yet. That's going to take away about 1/3 of your ice surface. Then, they are going to be building two giant podiums between the bleachers and the rink to put the camera men and broadcast crew on for the actual game. They're just a bit shallow and too far. There will be tons of people behind the rink on the side of the bleachers (players included). But for the money, they'll be fine.

Last edited by s3x: 12-21-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old
12-21-2011, 08:58 PM
acjc1

Quote:
They'll be okay... but not great. The boards on the near side of the ice aren't up yet. That's going to take away about 1/3 of your ice surface. Then, they are going to be building two giant podiums between the bleachers and the rink to put the camera men and broadcast crew on for the actual game. They're just a bit shallow and too far. There will be tons of people behind the rink on the side of the bleachers (players included). But for the money, they'll be fine.
Agree on all of your points. Doesn't look like any zoom was used on the pic so I'm also hoping the real life version looks better. Originally had tix in section A, behind home plate, row 16 and sold them on stubhunb for $500 each early on. Thought that they would be too low to see anything for sure. Then these came up on Stubhub for $300 (row AA, which is 4 from the top, hoping could see over the podiums) so I jumped on them. Figure that I'll buy overpriced souveniers with the difference and don't think I gave up much in the swap accept for where the teams come out of the dugouts. Question is are they better than sitting way up top in the outfield in like 302?

Old
12-21-2011, 09:18 PM
s3x

Quote:
Agree on all of your points. Doesn't look like any zoom was used on the pic so I'm also hoping the real life version looks better. Originally had tix in section A, behind home plate, row 16 and sold them on stubhunb for $500 each early on. Thought that they would be too low to see anything for sure. Then these came up on Stubhub for $300 (row AA, which is 4 from the top, hoping could see over the podiums) so I jumped on them. Figure that I'll buy overpriced souveniers with the difference and don't think I gave up much in the swap accept for where the teams come out of the dugouts. Question is are they better than sitting way up top in the outfield in like 302?
There's a guy who bought A, 15 (I think?) off StubHub who is on here... and I feel bad, I hope they weren't yours. He won't see much of anything unfortunately. Also, good to know the lettering is backwards. I thought AA etc might be on the ground, not up high. Honestly, any seat in the park is going to be great. Just a fun atmosphere to be in.

Outfield is going to make everything look like ants, in my humble opinion. Infield terrace 200s 300s along the first and third base lines are where it's at. Honestly, the 200s and 300s behind home plate might be Center Ice, but they are far as all hell considering the size of the rink.

Old
12-21-2011, 09:23 PM
acjc1

Quote:
There's a guy who bought A, 15 (I think?) off StubHub who is on here... and I feel bad, I hope they weren't yours. He won't see much of anything unfortunately. Also, good to know the lettering is backwards. I thought AA etc might be on the ground, not up high. Honestly, any seat in the park is going to be great. Just a fun atmosphere to be in.

Outfield is going to make everything look like ants, in my humble opinion. Infield terrace 200s 300s along the first and third base lines are where it's at. Honestly, the 200s and 300s behind home plate might be Center Ice, but they are far as all hell considering the size of the rink.
Double letters are definitely up top after Z (in case anyone needs to know)... back row is DD. I spoke to the Flyers twice about this to confirm.

My section A was row 18 or 19. Can't image they'll have much of a view at all and were in the Green pricing zone - $189 per ticket!

Old
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
s3x

Quote:
Double letters are definitely up top after Z (in case anyone needs to know)... back row is DD. I spoke to the Flyers twice about this to confirm.

My section A was row 18 or 19. Can't image they'll have much of a view at all and were in the Green pricing zone - $189 per ticket!
200s-300s Center Ice will be fine even though a bit far, but the 200s are a bit shallow (and are the most expensive seats too). If you go back a few pages, I posted a pic from Row 20 at Fenway behind home plate. You can't see a damn thing.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/good_...hiladelphia%29

Bernie!

Old
12-22-2011, 12:45 PM
kicksave27

Bernie is the best. He was on a local radio station and someone said he looked like the most interesting man in the world, bernie said it could be him, but his motto is "stay horny my friends".

Old
12-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Bernie is the best. He was on a local radio station and someone said he looked like the most interesting man in the world, bernie said it could be him, but his motto is "stay horny my friends".

Oh, Bernie, you slay me.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
HartsyMania
What, me worry?

So is anyone else starting to get worried about this unseasonably warm weather?

Closed Thread