HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Letestu or Jeffrey to Phoenix

Old
07-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I've always been a big Grabovski fan. He's always the most noticeable guy in the offensive zone. Always gives me a positive impression. Plus, if Shane Doan were a midget, he would look EXACTLY like Grabovski.
hahaha thats true

he is probably as dynamic as Kessel in the offensive zone and is much better defensively

he's only 27 and has lots of room to improve .... if he does he can become a legit #1 center imo

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 03:12 PM
stardog

I would easily deal Letestu for BM, but would have to think seriously about DJ for MacLean....

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 03:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Let's not call him BM. Haha.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Let's not call him BM. Haha.
B-Mac?

Mac Daddy Leaner?

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 05:08 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Whatever is not slang for taking a shnit.

Old
07-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Black Label

What would it take from the Pens to get Boedker?

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 05:18 PM
wej20

Does MacLean play the left or right side?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 05:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulgarTurtle View Post
What would it take from the Pens to get Boedker?
Staal.

Old
07-30-2011, 05:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Does MacLean play the left or right side?
Right.

Old
07-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Staal.
Has Boedker turned things around? I thought he'd struggled in his pro career so far, and it was now a question mark whether he'd ever be a scorer at the NHL level?

I remember him in Kitchener. I was so impressed with him back then, about the same as I was impressed with Landeskog this season with the Rangers.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 05:57 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Has Boedker turned things around? I thought he'd struggled in his pro career so far, and it was now a question mark whether he'd ever be a scorer at the NHL level?

I remember him in Kitchener. I was so impressed with him back then, about the same as I was impressed with Landeskog this season with the Rangers.
We shall see this season. I watched his memorial cup run with the rangers, and was blown away with his ability. I have never been so pleased with a Coyotes draft pick. This is going to be the biggest season of his life.

Is he worth Staal? No way in hell, but thats the only way I see Maloney moving the kid. Point was more that no matter how many minor pieces get lumped together, it wont be enough. So no sense in discussing it, really. Not in a Letestu/Jeffrey thread, anyway.

Old
07-30-2011, 07:24 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Coyotes are desperate for a center. Pittsburgh has an embarrassment of riches at the position.

Can something be worked out that makes sense for both teams. Phoenix has some NHL ready young talent, as well as some depth prospects a little further out. Depending on which the Penguins might prefer. NHL ready wings or D or future wings or D. Picks?

Anything?
I'd be for it, only if Boedker was coming back the other way for one of them. If that's a no, then no altogether. Really have no interest in any one on the Coyotes that would be fair for Jeffrey or Letestu. People can continue under valuing them then.

Letestu was having a good season until his knee injury and quick and dirty knee surgery. Same for Jeffrey but he wasn't able to come back like Letestu.

Quote:
Staal.

Yeah, are you freakin' serious?

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 07:35 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Would anybody be shocked if it were Jeffrey for MacLean? Just curious.

So far, it sounds like it is not unreasonable to imagine a scenario where one of Jeffrey or Letestu is moved to Phoenix for a winger like MacLean or Tikhonov. Possibly Stempniak if Niskanen finds his way into the deal, possibly with Schlemko headed back. Fair?
I would, I wouldn't want to lose Jeffrey for MacLean, I don't care if Mac was a higher pick, Jeffrey has out produced him in the AHL and has developed very well for the Penguins for a late pick. He's also shown some flashes of potential top 6 talent in a brief stint last season. Not a lot to go buy, but at least it's something.

If the team is going to move one of the guys, it would be Letestu, Jeffrey, if converted to wing, would be far more useful to the team in the long run than Letestu would. Especially where he is being slotted into the Penguins line-up. Jeffrey put put up 5 less points in 11 less games in the AHL last year than MacLean and has out produced him the following year and in 25 games Jeffrey had 12pts and looked fairly good as a top 6 temp.

As for Tikhonov, pass. I'm shocked he was taken in the 1st round. And this Boedker would have to be for Staal or whatever, that has to be a pretty bad joke. I wouldn't even want Jeffrey traded for Boedker straight up as I would feel the Pens would be getting ripped off in that deal as well.

Old
07-30-2011, 10:37 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
B-Mac?

Mac Daddy Leaner?
Let's just keep calling him a Coyote! RT has this fascination with putting Mac in pretend trades.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 03:17 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Letestu could very likely be available if all the Pens' players come back healthy, but Jeffrey is not going anywhere. DJ is the guy who could give the Pens a legitimate option to play Staal with Malkin and not have a significant drop-off for the 3rd line.

And the Pens ever had to trade Staal, DJ is the heir apparent to replace him.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Letestu could very likely be available if all the Pens' players come back healthy, but Jeffrey is not going anywhere. DJ is the guy who could give the Pens a legitimate option to play Staal with Malkin and not have a significant drop-off for the 3rd line.
But j, I'm not sure how you can make this a point in DJ's favour when Letestu already did it last year. Plus bringing the RH shot diversity and faceoff % that DJ doesn't.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 04:43 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
But j, I'm not sure how you can make this a point in DJ's favour when Letestu already did it last year. Plus bringing the RH shot diversity and faceoff % that DJ doesn't.
Face-off ability is not enough to put Letestu over Jeffrey. nor do I think it's enough to make him a legitimate high-end 3rd line centre. I think Letestu is a really good 4th line player who has the potential to step up occasionally or in case of injury. DJ, on the other hand, has legitimate 3rd line potential -- maybe even legit 2nd line potential for some other NHL teams).

Given what Jeffrey has shown thus far in his career, factoring in his age and, most importantly, his range of skills, I think he clearly has a stronger future than Letestu. If I had to choose only one of the two, there would be no contest. I don't think it's even close, quite honestly.

Old
07-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Mac plays on his off wing. So that would the left side.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 05:14 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Mac plays on his off wing. So that would the left side.
It seems as though he's spent time at both postions in junior and in the AHL. Last season, on the kid line, I thought I recalled him playing the right side. It looks that way, here, as well...

Old
07-31-2011, 05:27 PM
JTG

I really like Maclean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
It's not worth it. I've been down this road before.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

That video doesn't show the face off positions, they're on the PP and there's Mac, Upshall, Boedker and Turris so I don't know how anyone can judge who's playing in what position.

From what I saw in a lot of Maclean's time with the Rampage, he was set up on the left side. That's how manages to be so advantageous around the net. Almost every player page of his I read lists him a RW. Maybe the Yotes page can give a definitive answer. Either way, LW, RW.. doesn't matter much in the long run.

Old
07-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

D.P.

Last edited by Naych_PHX: 07-31-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Double Penetration.
Old
07-31-2011, 06:23 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
It's not worth it. I've been down this road before.

Well let me ask you: if you HAD to trade one of them and thus had to choose only one between Jeffrey and Letestu, who would you choose?

Old
07-31-2011, 06:54 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Well let me ask you: if you HAD to trade one of them and thus had to choose only one between Jeffrey and Letestu, who would you choose?
I wouldn't choose either to trade. You make room for players like them, and I'd trade a couple other players before either of them. I also don't think it would ever come down to either or because Jeffrey can play both center and wing.

Letestu right now is more of a sure thing. He's a beast in the dot and he is a right handed shot which is something the team needs at the C position. Jeffrey has some risk attached to him. He has only played half a season in the NHL, and is coming off a knee reconstruction.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 07:00 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I wouldn't choose either to trade. You make room for players like them, and I'd trade a couple other players before either of them. I also don't think it would ever come down to either or because Jeffrey can play both center and wing.

Letestu right now is more of a sure thing. He's a beast in the dot and he is a right handed shot which is something the team needs at the C position. Jeffrey has some risk attached to him. He has only played half a season in the NHL, and it coming off a knee reconstruction.
Then I guess Malkin is doomed too then?

Letestu also had a minor knee injury but he was able to recover from his. If Malkin is recovering from his and Jeffrey had a similar one to Geno and is recovering from his, I don't see it as a problem at all.

People see an injury and have this penchant for repeating it like a broken record. Let the season start and let's see if it actually is a problem before proclaiming it to be a risk factor before it's even tested.