HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - NJD - Parise (Trade Deadline)

Old
07-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
Vancouver - NJD - Parise (Trade Deadline)

Ill throw my kick at the can at this, Go easy.

Cory Schneider - Pretty good fit for NJD, they need a new young goalie to take the reins of brodeur soon.

Cody Hodgson - Has had back injuries in the past, but is still the canucks #1 prospect, and has top 6 two way potential.

Chris Tanev - Came out of nowhere last year for Vancouver, played in the SCP, and played well for his minutes at that. Could develop into a solid top 4 D-man, has high potential.

2nd round pick - Should be a very deep draft next year.

1st round pick (only if you remove Tanev from the trade)

Flame away.

(PS - This trade is assuming we will find a way to resign him to a long term deal)

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 05:18 AM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Change Hodgson for one of your full time top 6 and you may have something that doesn't get hung up on.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 05:18 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 104
If Devils are even within sniffing distance of a playoff spot, I can't see them trading Parise. Even if negotiations aren't going anywhere. Lamoriello's M.O seems to be to make sure Devils have the best chance possible to succeed in the post-season and then deal with the rest after the season.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 View Post
Change Hodgson for one of your full time top 6 and you may have something that doesn't get hung up on.
Well our only trade-able top 6 would be raymond or sammy, because there is 0% chance sedins/bur/kes will get traded.

I think its highly unrealistic to ask for either of those 3 for a player who wont stay in NJ.

Old
07-31-2011, 05:31 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Well our only trade-able top 6 would be raymond or sammy, because there is 0% chance sedins/bur/kes will get traded.

I think its highly unrealistic to ask for either of those 3 for a player who wont stay in NJ.
You may want to edit your first post to state that it's running on the hypothetical that Parise isnt staying in NJ

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 05:50 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
You may want to edit your first post to state that it's running on the hypothetical that Parise isnt staying in NJ
I don't need to be hypothetical, I have came back from the future, and I have indeed have seen that parise was not a devil, but could not see much more.

Old
07-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
]
(PS - This trade is assuming we will find a way to resign him to a long term deal)
Impossible.

Even if the Canuck's acquire Parise, there is no way the Canucks can find a way to sign Parise long term. If you want to keep Parise, long term. You'll have to say good bye to a high priced body. We're not talking about 3-5 guys with decent contracts, we're talking about a big cap guy for a big cap guy. The 3-5 guys with decent contracts, need to be replaced.

You can't possibly make a trade, thinking that the player is gonna sign with you. That's premature. So, if you're trading for Parise. You have got to be thinking with a Rental mentality. In that case, you're completely overpaying for a rental.

Last edited by Rey: 07-31-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 06:05 AM
The Rochester Rocket

I dont get it. The devils miss the playoffs for the first time since '96, because they had an awful coach, Parise and Brodeur were hurt, and they still had a ridiculous second half of a season. All of a sudden y'all are trying to make them seem like a franchise that has never won anything in 44 years.

The Rochester Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 06:25 AM
sushi45

NJ fans are going to say "no edler = no parise"

sushi45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rochester Rocket View Post
I dont get it. The devils miss the playoffs for the first time since '96, because they had an awful coach, Parise and Brodeur were hurt, and they still had a ridiculous second half of a season. All of a sudden y'all are trying to make them seem like a franchise that has never won anything in 44 years.
Anything can happen, so it's not too far fetched. There's nothing wrong about discussing it. If Lamaire was still the coach, than the Devils would be contenders, but he isn't. If Kovalchuk or Parise get injured, than it's a repeat of last year. Isn't it a bad thing, that NJ had a incredible run, without Brodeur?

Who really cares if they won in the past or not. It's about, right now. It's sure, isn't the same team when they won the Cup.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 09:25 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Anything can happen, so it's not too far fetched. There's nothing wrong about discussing it. If Lamaire was still the coach, than the Devils would be contenders, but he isn't. If Kovalchuk or Parise get injured, than it's a repeat of last year. Isn't it a bad thing, that NJ had a incredible run, without Brodeur?

Who really cares if they won in the past or not. It's about, right now. It's sure, isn't the same team when they won the Cup.
Parise trades got really old like 10 months ago.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 09:46 AM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Only way Parise gets traded is if a top-flight defenseman ends up going back to them. So maybe a package of Cory Scheidner, Alex Edler and Cody Hodgson plus a 1st in 2012 for Parise could be what happens.

07-31-2011, 09:59 AM
crazyforhockey

from all the sound bites he is working on a longer term deal

and as for being out of the playoffs......they had a brutal brutal start to last season

should be a strong team in the playoffs this year imo

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 10:42 AM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Only way Parise gets traded is if a top-flight defenseman ends up going back to them. So maybe a package of Cory Scheidner, Alex Edler and Cody Hodgson plus a 1st in 2012 for Parise could be what happens.
Alex Edler alone has more value to the Canucks than Zach Parise right now.

I will take a #1 defenseman with a cap hit of 3.25 for 2 more years over a #1 LW with a cap hit of 6 for 1 more year any day.

I'm sure you'll find people who disagree, that's fine, but there is not a single chance that the difference between the two is Schneider, Hodgson and a 1st. That package has so much more value than what Kovalchuk returned that it's laughable to even suggest that.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Impossible.

Even if the Canuck's acquire Parise, there is no way the Canucks can find a way to sign Parise long term. If you want to keep Parise, long term. You'll have to say good bye to a high priced body. We're not talking about 3-5 guys with decent contracts, we're talking about a big cap guy for a big cap guy. The 3-5 guys with decent contracts, need to be replaced.

You can't possibly make a trade, thinking that the player is gonna sign with you. That's premature. So, if you're trading for Parise. You have got to be thinking with a Rental mentality. In that case, you're completely overpaying for a rental.
Wrong

Playing around with Capgeek I fit everything in quite nicely for the season after this coming one. I even managed to keep Raymond and Salo while having enough money to pay Edler five million. Hell Ballard is still on the roster, although I assume he would be moved were Parise a serious acquisition. Case in point, the Canucks would easily afford to pay both Parise and Edler top dollar devoid of dismantling their roster. The issue is New Jersey has no reason to trade Parise unless Vancouver is offering Edler or Kesler, and unless Tanev explodes, I hesitant to move Edler.

Put it this way OP. The only way New Jersey even ponders that offer is if the hype surrounding Hodgson proves accurate and Tanev becomes a legitimate top four defenseman. Hodgson would need to play wing and excels obviously, at which why would we trade him for Parise?

See? It always comes back to Edler or bust. The offer isn't necessarily bad value wise but you do not address New Jersey's needs. They want a top tier defenseman, and thus would demand...

Edler
Hodgson
First/Schneider

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Mr Sakich

funny thing about Schnieder, he is ufa in two years. He is a great prospect but nobody knows how he will do as the starter.

Vast majority of his games played have been with the President's trophy winner in front of him. Who knows how good he is with an average team. Huge risk for any team to take on and certainly not worth trading a Parise for.

If Gillis doesn't move him before the trade deadline, then he has waited too long. Next summer, better options will be free ufa. Schneider is the poster boy for the "don't draft a goalie in the first round" argument. He is a great prospect but will be ufa before he really contributes much.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
If Devils are even within sniffing distance of a playoff spot, I can't see them trading Parise. Even if negotiations aren't going anywhere. Lamoriello's M.O seems to be to make sure Devils have the best chance possible to succeed in the post-season and then deal with the rest after the season.
Correct. Lou does not trade pending UFAs when the Devils are in a playoff spot. I do not expect this to be any exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Parise trades got really old like 10 months ago.
We've had literally hundreds of bad Parise proposal threads over the past year. 42 from May 1 until he signed, and 6 more already since.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

#8 since he signed that 1yr deal. Nucks, Hawks, Leafs, Kings, Preds, Bruins, Canadiens and now Nucks again.

I'd want Edler from Vancouver.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:37 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
#8 since he signed that 1yr deal. Nucks, Hawks, Leafs, Kings, Preds, Bruins, Canadiens and now Nucks again.

Came here to post this.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:24 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post

And I'm sure Atlanta wanted Parise, Zajac or Martin from NJD when they traded Kovalchuk...

UFA rentals never return another top player.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Halpysback

Edler and Schneider for Parise and White or some marginal defenseman is a deal I'd do from NJ's POV. Still strong on LW for the future with Kovalchuk and Tedenby while getting a guy who would make a killer pairing with Larsson and a very solid successor to Brodeur. Not much more you can ask for a UFA

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:44 PM
bobafettish*

very good value imo, all those players seem to fit NJD needs.
kesler parise would be killer. Hope something like this doesn't happen at the deadline.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:45 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Edler and Schneider for Parise and White or some marginal defenseman is a deal I'd do from NJ's POV. Still strong on LW for the future with Kovalchuk and Tedenby while getting a guy who would make a killer pairing with Larsson and a very solid successor to Brodeur. Not much more you can ask for a UFA
Tedenby plays RW for us now.

And pass in regards to the offer

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Robert Theodorson

I'd do that trade right now, I'm pretty sure the Devils will/would make the postseason without Parise.

MacLean ruined the team last near, it wasn't the absence of Parise.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:52 PM
The Rochester Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
And I'm sure Atlanta wanted Parise, Zajac or Martin from NJD when they traded Kovalchuk...

UFA rentals never return another top player.
Parise, Zajac >>> Edler
Hell if Atlanta wouldn't have taken Martin on the last year of his contract of course I'd trade him. And the biggest mistake youre making is that these teams aren't dealing with any ordinary gm, there were 28 other teams in the that could have traded for kovy if theg wanted him so bad im sure they could have done better than those "scraps," mb you should fully comprehend the full situation before you press submit reply

The Rochester Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote