HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Brashear's record...

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2004, 05:05 PM
FlavorFlav

vCash: 500
Brashear's record...

I'm bored, and was thinking - I'm a huge Brash fan, but haven't seen many games from last season. Whenever I did see him scrap, he always pounded whoever he was up against. He's gotta be the undisputed champ of the league, bar none.

Can anyone remember a fight he lost last season, or any season for that matter?

Old
07-28-2004, 05:11 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

5/10/2004 Tampa Bay Lightning Chris Dingman Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Win: Chris Dingman

3/13/2004 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear New Jersey Devils Sean Brown Brown comes in to avenge a Brash hit.They wrestle and then Brash opens with a barrage to take the fight.
Edge: Donald Brashear

3/5/2004 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Ottawa Senators Rob Ray
Win: Donald Brashear

3/5/2004 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Ottawa Senators Todd Simpson

2/14/2004 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear New York Rangers Matthew Barnaby Brashear gives Barnaby a shot. Barns drops the gloves and throws a shot that misses as they engage, then Purinton comes in from behind and grabs Brashear and pulls him down from behind. As he's falling Barnaby lands a good shot as everyone piles in
Draw

2/14/2004 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear New York Rangers Chris Simon They square off grab and then Brashear falls backwards with Simon falling on top.
Edge: Chris Simon

1/25/2004 Washington Capitals Stephen Peat Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Brash gets the left loose and pounds Peat.

1/16/2004 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Toronto Maple Leafs Nathan Perrott All hugging.. no punches land
Draw

12/18/2003 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Tampa Bay Lightning Andre Roy Win: Donald Brashear

12/6/2003 Boston Bruins Sandy McCarthy Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Brashear starts out by going for the hug. McCarthy counters with his own hug. Brashear gives McCarthy a few love taps in the back of the head. Edge Brashear in a disappointing bout

12/3/2003 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Pittsburgh Penguins Kelly Buchberger Brashear gets Buchy bent over and feeds him a left or two. Then Brashear gets Buchys jerseyover his face and feeds him a few right. Easy win for Brashear against the smaller yet willing Buchberger.

11/11/2003 Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear New York Islanders Eric Godard Godard goes looking for Donald and gets him. Brash lands several hard lefts and uppercuts and dominates Eric. Win Brash.

11/8/2003 New York Rangers Dale Purinton Philadelphia Flyers Donald Brashear Brashear goes after Purinton for a big hit on one of his teammates. They both latch on in a death grip. Purinton gives Brash a couple of noogies and Brash fires back a couple noogies of his own. Purinton falls on Brashear. Draw in a hugfest.
Edge: Dale Purinton Vote

http://www.hockey-fights.com/FightLog/searchbyname.asp

Old
07-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Wow not a bad record lol

Old
07-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Winston Wolf

Paging paxtang...

Old
07-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav
I'm bored, and was thinking - I'm a huge Brash fan, but haven't seen many games from last season. Whenever I did see him scrap, he always pounded whoever he was up against. He's gotta be the undisputed champ of the league, bar none.

I'd take Brashear over anybody EXCEPT Laroque.

Old
07-28-2004, 06:10 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Paging paxtang...
Brash didn't lose last year, but that was more a product of him fighting a bunch of crappy guys than his continued dominance. I still think he's the best fighter, but I really wished he would have fought Cairns, that woudl have put a lot of detractors to rest. Beating up a washed up Ray (though good payback for the Fridge) or a Sean Brown doesn't mean much. The only real heavies he fought last year were Peat, Roy and Goddard. Brash flat out owns Peat, so seeing him win was no suprise. Roy is an exciting fighter, but toe to toe, I'll take Brash overpowering him every time (it was nice to see Brash open up in that fight). Goddard was supposed to be the next big thing, especially after edgeing Brash in the preseason a year ago, but he just got dominated this year. The last loss I guess you can give to Brashear was the edge against Goddard, but that wasn't a big deal, just a suprise that a rookie could do so well. Of course, there's always those guys that want to give Brash a loss just because they don't like him, like the Dingman "fight" or Brash's (completely *****) turtle against Domi after he was dominating that fight. Purinton gave him a good go last year, but basically, as a Flyer, Brash has been as close to dominate as can be.

Old
07-28-2004, 08:46 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav

Brashear fights?

Old
07-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Brashear fights?
Only when it is good for him....

Old
07-28-2004, 09:00 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Nazarov rules!

Old
07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Rex88

Brash will still win many many more than lose against anyone in the NHL.
Who cares. He thinks he is a skill player too often and does not fill his role consistently.

Old
07-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Nazarov rules!
Damn straight. Nazmania all the way! :lol

Old
07-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Well, more like when he remembers he's not a scorer....which is a handfull of games a season.

Old
07-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Who cares. He thinks he is a skill player too often and does not fill his role consistently.
exactly... and kills us with his horrible passing skills.

Old
07-29-2004, 10:23 AM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88

Well said. He needs Dave Brown to smack him up side the head and let him know he is there for one reason.

Old
07-29-2004, 10:41 AM
donelikedinner

what the flyers need to get is team toughness, instead of relying on Brash or Feds. If teammates always jumped up and defended each other every single time, Brash could be sent packing and Feds could be kept as an insurance policy, or a young cheap kid who's knows his role (aka, i'm not a second line scorer ala Brash).

Old
07-29-2004, 11:18 AM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
what the flyers need to get is team toughness, instead of relying on Brash or Feds. If teammates always jumped up and defended each other every single time, Brash could be sent packing and Feds could be kept as an insurance policy, or a young cheap kid who's knows his role (aka, i'm not a second line scorer ala Brash).
Fedoruk is a young, cheap kid who knows his role.

Old
07-29-2004, 12:32 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Fedoruk is a young, cheap kid who knows his role.
Exactly, I'd take him over Brashear any day of the week.

Old
07-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Even on Saturday You're crazy!

Old
07-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Jester

Quote:
i hate brashear... drives me up the wall. i almost lost it during the playoffs when he was out on the ice making idiotic turnovers, one of which led to a goal in the devils series.

just painful...

Old
07-29-2004, 01:43 PM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
it goes
1. Laraque
2. Brashear
3. Worrell
in my book

Old
07-29-2004, 04:32 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by budscweizer16
it goes
1. Laraque
2. Brashear
3. Worrell
in my book
Worrell sucked last year. I'd but Cairns and Johnson over him.

Old
07-29-2004, 06:49 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Brashear fights?
:lol I blame Chris Simon for this. The guy spends years as a tough guy, then decides he wants to try his hand as a skill player. Now everyone is trying it, Brash, Fedoruk, Domi, Barnaby... these guys just don't have the talent to try to be offensive stars in the NHL, and because of that they hurt their teams because they become less likely to defend their team with the old fisticuffs.

Old
07-29-2004, 07:33 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
:lol I blame Chris Simon for this. The guy spends years as a tough guy, then decides he wants to try his hand as a skill player. Now everyone is trying it, Brash, Fedoruk, Domi, Barnaby... these guys just don't have the talent to try to be offensive stars in the NHL, and because of that they hurt their teams because they become less likely to defend their team with the old fisticuffs.
Fedoruk? When has Fedoruk ever shown he thinks he's anything but an enforcer. Trying to improve yourself doesn't mean you forget your roll. If you can find one instance where Fridge has refused to fight, I'll pay you money. He's one of the last guys in the league to have NOT done a fake glove drop or turtle on someone. In fact, he gets in trouble with Hitch for trying to do his job. Besides him, Barnaby has never been an enforcer, he's a pest. Pests are supposed to be able to play, and he can play, so can Simon. Simon came into the league as a guy who was suppposed to hit, fight, and score. He cut down on the fighting because of major shoulder injuries, not because he thought he should stop fighting. Domi does what he can to stay in the league, because he isn't a top fighter anymore. Brash is basically the worst of them.

Old
07-29-2004, 10:40 PM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Man you must be young. The first one to do this was the man. TIGER WILLIAMS. Ride that stick man.

Old
07-29-2004, 10:43 PM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Fedoruk? When has Fedoruk ever shown he thinks he's anything but an enforcer. Trying to improve yourself doesn't mean you forget your roll. If you can find one instance where Fridge has refused to fight, I'll pay you money. He's one of the last guys in the league to have NOT done a fake glove drop or turtle on someone. In fact, he gets in trouble with Hitch for trying to do his job. Besides him, Barnaby has never been an enforcer, he's a pest. Pests are supposed to be able to play, and he can play, so can Simon. Simon came into the league as a guy who was suppposed to hit, fight, and score. He cut down on the fighting because of major shoulder injuries, not because he thought he should stop fighting. Domi does what he can to stay in the league, because he isn't a top fighter anymore. Brash is basically the worst of them.
Fed even foght when his cheek was a mest. Hitch should of keep him out a little longer. Todd is a light heavy weight. Alot like Toccket was. Love him.

Closed Thread