HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexandre Giroux proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2004, 12:57 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Alexandre Giroux proposal

First, what's up with him?

Is he doing well?

I would like to see the habs acquire him and I just want to know what would be the price for him...

Would Duncan Milroy be enough?

Toughts?

Old
08-10-2004, 05:39 AM
dumpsathernow*

No. We don't need Milroy.

Old
08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
bmoak

I've seen a bit of Giroux in Binghamton over the past two years and he's improved a lot. He went from a tall, extremely skinny kid (He's 6'3" 187lbs. now and he used to be much slighter) with a one-way Q-style game to a more polished all-around player. He's improved both statistically and the other parts of his game every season.

In Hartford, that was a loaded team, so he wasn't getting the first-line minutes. Still, he produced at a respectable clip in the playoffs. If Giroux has a future with the Rangers, it's not at center. He's more of a sniper than a playmaker.

Compared to Millroy, Giroux is certainly a less-pedigreed prospect. He's older and a 7th Rounder. Milroy was a high 2nd and a Top 10 CSS-ranked NA skater. However, Milroy hasn't improved since his draft year and a rough fist year as a pro.

I don't know if I would do this trade. If the Rangers don't sign anybody, the Rangers will need more NHL-ready palyers in Hartford to call up for injuries and Giroux fits that bill better. Milroy's speed is tempting. It comes down how the Rangers' view Giroux's NHL chances and if they feel Milroy can regain his scoring touch.

Old
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
dumpsathernow*

With Prucha, Dawes, Immonen and Olver I don't see the point in getting a player like Milroy. It makes no sense. Why not stick with a 6'3 wing who is tough and might have some chance of being a 20 goal NHL forward if things work out. I'll pass.

Closed Thread