HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

gamache 2004 2005

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2004, 09:28 AM
neg marron

vCash: 500
gamache 2004 2005

what are you expecting from him in 2004-2005

Old
08-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Moneil18

Probably not too much. Unless there are some injuries he will spend the majority of the season in Milwaukee.

Old
08-06-2004, 06:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneil18
Probably not too much. Unless there are some injuries he will spend the majority of the season in Milwaukee.

if legwand plays on the first line, i'd rather have gamache on the second than johnson or arkhipuff, honestly.

Old
08-06-2004, 08:11 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
if legwand plays on the first line, i'd rather have gamache on the second than johnson or arkhipuff, honestly.

Agreed, IF we don't come up with another center and IF Legwand sidles in between Sully and Walks and IF Hall isn't moved to center, then I think we should give Gamache a try at center on the second line. He's really a winger in our system. Our centers are supposed to be big time backcheckers and that's not where Gamache excells.

Old
08-07-2004, 01:18 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I wish he would be in Nashville.

I know we didn't see him but for a few games, but I liked what I saw. He was very fast and fiesty and always tried to create stuff.

Old
08-10-2004, 10:46 AM
tulsytrid1

I think he looked good when he played up here last season; I am hoping they give both him and Haydar a fair look in training camp; I know we have to get bigger, but after all Arky is big.

Old
09-05-2004, 12:48 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

I remember Martin Erat was the only one who impressed me more than Gamache at the Memorial Cup of Canadian junior hockey a few years ago. Now they play for the same organization.

I'm actually surprised Simon hasn't stuck in the big league after languishing in the third tier east coast league for a year, followed by a late call up to the AHL and a good year afterwards.

Fortunately he plays for a goal-hungry NHL team. This may be his year.

Old
09-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Gamache gone: One of the players who helped lead Milwaukee to the American Hockey League title last season, left wing Simon Gamache, won't be in the Nashville organization this season.

Gamache, who collected 44 points in 48 regular-season contests with the Admirals, will be playing in the Russian elite league. Nashville will retain his NHL rights.

Per the Tennessean

I wonder if it is a conditional contract or if he is definitely not going to play in NA next year..

09-05-2004, 01:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Gamache gone: One of the players who helped lead Milwaukee to the American Hockey League title last season, left wing Simon Gamache, won't be in the Nashville organization this season.

Gamache, who collected 44 points in 48 regular-season contests with the Admirals, will be playing in the Russian elite league. Nashville will retain his NHL rights.

Per the Tennessean

I wonder if it is a conditional contract or if he is definitely not going to play in NA next year..

that's EXTREMELY disappointing.

Old
09-05-2004, 04:36 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
that's EXTREMELY disappointing.
It makes me sick. It wouldn't take peanuts to keep this guy in NA but we let him slide. All because Trotz won't play Milwaukee callups (unless they're big name) in anything more than 4th line scrub duty. Give the guy a damn chance. His numbers in the AHL were as good as they get for the best team (by far) in the A.

Old
09-05-2004, 04:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
It makes me sick. It wouldn't take peanuts to keep this guy in NA but we let him slide. All because Trotz won't play Milwaukee callups (unless they're big name) in anything more than 4th line scrub duty. Give the guy a damn chance. His numbers in the AHL were as good as they get for the best team (by far) in the A.
add another guy that will go over and light up his respective league, and make people scratch their heads as to why he never got a better shot, ie: ville peltonen, jukka hentunen.

After seeing three Finland games, I would LOVE to invite Hentunen to camp to see what he can do. He's supposedly one of the top finnish scorers not currently in the NHL, and he's got some sick moves.

Old
09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
add another guy that will go over and light up his respective league, and make people scratch their heads as to why he never got a better shot, ie: ville peltonen, jukka hentunen.

After seeing three Finland games, I would LOVE to invite Hentunen to camp to see what he can do. He's supposedly one of the top finnish scorers not currently in the NHL, and he's got some sick moves.

Yeah, Jukka never got ice time in Nashville. You have to earn Trotz' trust to get more than 3rd/4th line ice time.

Old
09-06-2004, 07:01 PM
beerandcats

It all comes down to size, it seems that small North American players have a really hard time to get the chance to prove themselves. Given a bit of playing time, ALA Martin St. Louis, Gamache could prove to be the offensive center that the Pred need.

Old
09-06-2004, 07:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerandcats
It all comes down to size, it seems that small North American players have a really hard time to get the chance to prove themselves. Given a bit of playing time, ALA Martin St. Louis, Gamache could prove to be the offensive center that the Pred need.

he looked like an answered prayer in the brief time he was up here. he's enthusiastic, a hard worker, and has got skill to spare. I just fail to see how anyone else in our system is going to fill the number 2 center spot. I, for one, am tired of sitting around and waiting for Denis Arkhipov to decide not to be useless, and Greg Johnson is a third line center, not a second. Gamache seems like he'd fit between Orszagh and Erat like-a-glove.

Old
09-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
No worries guys, Gamache is back with the Ads.

Old
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
No worries guys, Gamache is back with the Ads.

where'd you see that?

Old
09-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Priority email ... apparently someone isn't the in the loop.

Old
09-15-2004, 08:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Priority email ... apparently someone isn't the in the loop.

shh, i read this thread before i read any of the others.

go play your EX-BOX, cro-mag!

Closed Thread