HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Madden 2005

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2004, 01:37 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
Sorry to resurrect an old, old thread, but several months in, does everyone still love this game?

I'm highly tempted to purchase it, and right now it's between this and MVP Baseball 04 over which one I will buy
Still loving it!

Old
12-08-2004, 01:38 PM
GoM

As an aside, I only have a PC and I'm not going to be getting a console anytime soon..

Hope that doesn't affect how good it is

Old
12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Big McLargehuge
No Hope

vCash: 422
Still playing it every day!

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
12-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
still play both t least a few times a week

Old
12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
tylerr

Send a message via MSN to tylerr
I picked it up about 2 weeks ago, play it quite a bit, plus its only 40 bucks.

Old
12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerr
I picked it up about 2 weeks ago, play it quite a bit, plus its only 40 bucks.

It's funny because I was just re-reading this thread and saw that I posted 'I can't imagine buying Madden'; but I did just recently as I saw it at Best Buy for 29.99.

It's actually pretty good. I would think you could get Madden & MVP for not much more than one new game would cost right now. And for the record, I'm still playing MVP too. Of course I'm a Red Sox fan (obviously by the avatar), so the feel good vibe is still carrying over. I stopped playing 2003 right after the ALCS last year, so that might have something to do with it.

Old
12-08-2004, 07:39 PM
MontrealCruiser_83*

I played it non-stop for about 2-3 weeks when I first got it. Since then I've been doing a franchise or two every week (3 seasons deep, 5 games played per season).

Definately a good time.

Old
12-08-2004, 07:52 PM
GoM

Yes, I do believe that, this week, Madden 05 will be my christmas present to myself

Old
12-12-2004, 09:53 PM
The Guy on the Couch*

On MTV right now might be the saddest thing I've ever seen.

This guy had this hot gf and she left him because he'd rather play Madden than spend any time with her. And they showed this one guy in a Madden tourny and before it he was stretching and ****. :lol

Old
12-12-2004, 10:32 PM
tylerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy on the Couch
On MTV right now might be the saddest thing I've ever seen.

This guy had this hot gf and she left him because he'd rather play Madden than spend any time with her. And they showed this one guy in a Madden tourny and before it he was stretching and ****. :lol
aaahhhh haha, was he doing spirit fingers?! :lol

Old
12-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy on the Couch
And they showed this one guy in a Madden tourny and before it he was stretching and ****. :lol

How else do you want to avoid serious season-threatening injuries?
Have you ever tried playing with a broken thumb?

Old
12-13-2004, 01:05 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I mix up my passes and mix it with the run but still can't seem to get 65% to 70% completion rate. What are some hints?

Also, my friend uses Carolina Panthers (who have a 99 defense). They blitz so hard it is impossible for any recievers to run their routes. Any tips here? I'm not good at running the ball.

Old
12-13-2004, 04:06 AM
I.am.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I mix up my passes and mix it with the run but still can't seem to get 65% to 70% completion rate. What are some hints?

Also, my friend uses Carolina Panthers (who have a 99 defense). They blitz so hard it is impossible for any recievers to run their routes. Any tips here? I'm not good at running the ball.
Well you do know you can change up the play with the right thumb stick right, use that as much as you can once you see the defense settled in and get an idea of where they are going to blitz or attack. Or trade for a better Offensive line. I am the Saints right now and i traded for Ben Roethlisberger. I'm in my first season and 5 games in on Madden (pro is too easy) and Ben is throwing at 76%. The more you play the better you get at it, i did all the mini camp things at every level b4 i started to play the game.

Old
12-13-2004, 04:12 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.am.ca
Well you do know you can change up the play with the right thumb stick right, use that as much as you can once you see the defense settled in and get an idea of where they are going to blitz or attack. Or trade for a better Offensive line. I am the Saints right now and i traded for Ben Roethlisberger. I'm in my first season and 5 games in on Madden (pro is too easy) and Ben is throwing at 76%. The more you play the better you get at it, i did all the mini camp things at every level b4 i started to play the game.
I actually found some errors in my passing and tried it out vs All Madden. When they blitzed I stepped forward in the pocket and threw quick passes. My completion rate was around 70% (All Madden) so I was extremely pleased. I allways seemed to move back in the pocket in every situation.....the blitzers from the side could sack me fairly easy.

Old
12-13-2004, 04:18 AM
I.am.ca

Yeah i used to do that in my first try at a franchise and learned quickly that the quick passes will help big time in those situations.

Old
12-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

How can you tell if there is a zone coverage vs man to man coverage? I want to know this in order to use my screen plays effectivly.

Old
12-13-2004, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
How can you tell if there is a zone coverage vs man to man coverage? I want to know this in order to use my screen plays effectivly.
Before you snap the ball, send your receiver in motion, if the corner follows him, they're in man, if he dosen't, they're playing zone, then send your receiver in the original position and your set...

You can also tell what type of zone coverage they're playing if you look at the safeties as your doing your QB drop back, if both safeties drop back towards the sidelines, that means cover 2, and the middle should be open, if both of them drop straight back, it's probably cover 3 or 4, if only 1 drops back into a zone, that means it's cover 1 and everybody else is playing man...hope that helps

Old
12-27-2004, 09:56 PM
GoM

Well, today I bought it, for 24.99

Spent 2 hours just fiddling about and playing half a pre-season game...good god am I going to have fun with this

Go Broncos

Old
12-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Big McLargehuge
No Hope

I'm in 2011 now.

I really need to get a life

4 of my 5 offensive lineman heldout this past off-season

Kept my center and left guard(I'll never trade Alan Faneca ), traded both the tackles and drafted new ones.

Kinda odd, my strongest position for so many years is now my weakest. Hines Ward's skills declined greatly so I traded him. He was costing my 9 million a year and his speed was down to 84...and I traded Randle-El a couple years before because he demanded a trade(wanted to start). David Anderson was costing me too much money to be a back-up as well. So now my best reciever is a rookie from Colorado State...

Old
12-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

I got Madden 2005 for christmas and just finished playing my first Franchise Mode gamte today. I'm the Patriots and we lost by like 9 or something. I got a lot better at the end.

Old
12-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Douggy

I recent 'acquired' this game and 'misplaced my manual.'

It took me a long time to figure out how to fair catch. Atleast once a game, My punt returner would get laid out after making the catch and would drop the ball. The other team would pick it up and run it back for a touchdown! :lol

Old
12-28-2004, 12:25 AM
tylerr

I just played my best game ever, I was the Falcons against the Raiders. I won 70-14, Vick threw for 9 TD passes, the other was rushed. He threw for 627 yards. Peerless Price recieved 379 yards. 3 min quarters on pro.

Old
12-28-2004, 01:09 AM
chris_dub
Avoid Catalina...

Send a message via MSN to chris_dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerr
I just played my best game ever, I was the Falcons against the Raiders. I won 70-14, Vick threw for 9 TD passes, the other was rushed. He threw for 627 yards. Peerless Price recieved 379 yards. 3 min quarters on pro.
I think it's time to bump it up to All-Pro.

On a side note, I'm in my 2nd Year with the Browns. I missed playoffs first year, but made them this season. My rookie QB was voted Offensive Rookie of the Year & voted to the Pro Bowl. I sent 7 players to the Pro Bowl. I also won Kicker of the Year with Phil Dawson, I missed like only 3 FG's all season.

In my first season, Garcia lasted until Week 5 & I sent him off to Chicago for Jerry Azumah & a 1st/3rd Rd. Pick. Holcomb finished off the season & was released in the off-season.

In my second season, William Green was the odd-man out in the RB battle & was shipped off to Oakland for 1st/2nd/3rd Rd. Picks. Thus making sophomore Lee Suggs the starting RB.

At the end of my second season, new coach Brian Billick & rookie phenom Rob Lopez (QB) helped lead the Brownies to a Wildcard berth. I had the Chiefs at home. My offence exploded & I picked apart the Chiefs D for 3 TD's in the 2nd quarter . I moved onto Divisional weekend with a tough game in New England. I don't know how, but this game wasn't even close. I destroyed the Pats 41-14. I picked off Brady twice in the endzone when it was 22-14, & eventually injured him later on in the 4th quarter, ending his day. My offence was clicking on all levels. Quincy Morgan was over 200 yds. receiving (incl. a 76-yd. rec.) with 2 TD's (Horse Trailer Player of the Game).Andre Davis was also over 100 yds. receiving. Lee Suggs had over 150 yds. & a TD on the ground, including an 80-yd. run.

Next up, a tough game in Indy with the Conference Championship & a spot in the SuperBowl on the line.

Old
12-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Big McLargehuge
No Hope

That reminds me...I decided to gut the Cleveland Browns.

Released all players they had, gave all their draft picks away(to the Cardinals, Packers, and a couple teams that had moved), and signed the worst players ever.

I franchised a 56 rated QB.

Old
12-28-2004, 01:31 AM
GoM

2-0 so far in the preseason, beat the Bills 32-18, and the Seahawks 37-7....

By the looks of it, you would think I would be doing well, which I am...but...for christ's sake, running is impossible. Garrison Heart, who has played a grand total of one quarter, is my leading rusher with about 15 yeards. Thank god for Plummer.

The last Madden game I played before this was 2003...the graphics of 05 versus 03 have blown me away. Shanahan looks somewhat comical, but overall, everything..the tackles, the motions, the between-play...everything is quite good.

Any ideas on how to improve a rushing game? I remember everyone was going on on how impossible it is...is it possible to make it possible?

Closed Thread