HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Suter to Devils

Old
08-02-2011, 12:34 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

vCash: 500
The original proposal sucks. I mean I like Tedenby but that doesn't mean he's going to be a primary scorer for sure. Suter is an established two-way stalwart. Not enough.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:41 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil3014 View Post
i just want to say that i dont speak for the whole devils fan base, anyone who generalizes like that is extremely misguided.
Also it was my belief that Weber was more valuable to the preds and was a better all around player.
i just wanted to see if there was a way to get suter to the devils without moving parise and if so what was the value. the preds have weber, suter and rinne coming off the books and they will most likely be looking for a good amount of money so i thought that they should try and get some assets back.
i only did this because the recent moves the devils made lead me to believe that a trade is coming and suter seems like a person the devils would be interested in.
The only other avenue for getting Suter without giving up Parise might revolve around Larsson--but if would be Larsson and something else that's significant--like Larsson/Tedenby or Larsson/Josefson and even there you might have to add something. Personally I wouldn't categorize Tedenby as a top 6 forward yet. He 'might' be a top 6 winger on the Devils this year but I would think on most NHL teams he wouldn't be. No doubt he has the skills but his ability to play lots of minutes and the physical demands of such are not proven and he is small. That doesn't mean he won't--Ennis, Gionta, St. Louis come to mind but not every player of his size can do it.

Both Suter and Weber if not elite defensemen are arguably very close and both are still a few years away from 30.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Devils don't need another D prospect if Suter is coming in. No need for Tedenby/Ellis to be in there.
Agreed. The Devils can't afford to lose both Tedenby and Parise either.

But Suter for Parise straight up I might do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
There have been over 10 Parise proposals in the last three days. Just sayin.
And 100+ in the last year. I can't think of any player who has spawned more crappy proposals over the last year than Parise.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITLTID View Post
If Parise is involved, Weber is coming back. Tedenby is a top 6 player this year, can fit on either wing.

Suter is only signed for one more year. This gives the Preds two players, plus a solid draft pick all under RFA. That should be enough for a one year rental.
I have been having a similar discussion about an offer of Pacioretty, Leblanc, Beaulieu and 2012 1st for Parise on a different thread. Why do I mention this? Well, Predators fans see Suter the same way Devils fans see Parise. Each team thinks they will get far more than they likely will for a one year or less rental.

So, Devils fans, before you make an offer for Suter, think of what you would want from your team in a trade for Parise and then make THAT offer to Preds fans. I think it will be fun to see what you all come up with.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:06 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Why not just take away the superstar portion of the trade and make an Ellis for Tedenby swap.

Nashville gets a nice forward to work with and the Devils get a potential top PP dman to pair with Larsson long term. Undersized forward swap for undersized dman swap.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
Why not just take away the superstar portion of the trade and make an Ellis for Tedenby swap.

Nashville gets a nice forward to work with and the Devils get a potential top PP dman to pair with Larsson long term. Undersized forward swap for undersized dman swap.
We don't need more defensive prospects (we already have promise in Merrill, Gelinas, Urbom, Burlon, Sova, Fayne, and Taormina), so we'd rather keep Tedenby.

Old
08-03-2011, 08:13 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
We don't need more defensive prospects (we already have promise in Merrill, Gelinas, Urbom, Burlon, Sova, Fayne, and Taormina), so we'd rather keep Tedenby.
Fair.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Boondock

Quote:
I might even include Larsson on that list. I have some inside info that says this kid might be an alright player.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I might even include Larsson on that list. I have some inside info that says this kid might be an alright player.
I made the safe assumption that he will be on the NHL roster, but I guess he counts as a prospect still.

Old
08-03-2011, 09:54 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
And 100+ in the last year. I can't think of any player who has spawned more crappy proposals over the last year than Parise.
Well we are all in for a treat bcuz between Suter, Weber, and Parise there is going to be a **** show of threads and proposals.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:01 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

You know who I think would be kick butt trading partners, The Leafs and Oilers cuz the Leafs have solid D prospects ie, Gardner, Blackner, Aulie and Schenn and the Oilers have great young o prospects ie Pajarvi, Eberle, maybe Hemsky and Ganger. Question?? can Eberle or Pajarvi play c? I'm not suggesting those players for those players but some sort of swap involving D from Leafs and O from Oilers.

bobbyt91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Well we are all in for a treat bcuz between Suter, Weber, and Parise there is going to be a **** show of threads and proposals.
No kidding. Sorry Preds fans, we sympathise with your plight. Stay strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
You know who I think would be kick butt trading partners, The Leafs and Oilers
Great. But why are you posting about this in a Suter to the Devils thread?

Old
08-03-2011, 10:08 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Cuz I can't start my own

bobbyt91* is offline   Reply With Quote