Former Thrashers fans following this forum and the team

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

vCash: 500
Former Thrashers fans following this forum and the team

So it's been awhile since the sale and move, and everything is official including logos and such. The Winnipeg Jets are all settled in.

I'm curious about Thrashers fans who have decided to continue to follow the team as the Jets. Are you keeping up with everything on this forum like you used to? Do you pretty much read every thread?

As for me, I haven't made my decision, and I don't think it's possible to do so until the season starts. I still come here and read hfboards every couple days, and I always visit the Winnipeg forum (the only team forum I read). But I usually only read one or two of the 20-30 updated threads. Sometimes none.

I can't really explain it, but it's very hard to get interested in the exact same things I would have read every word about for the Thrashers.

Anyway, I'm curious how other former Thrashers fans are doing in terms of keeping up with threads here.

Old
07-27-2011, 03:12 PM
PensFan6687

Thrasher fans are always welcome here. Never feel uncomfortable posting here guys. pssst We need you guys. Too many Winnipeggers in this forum. I see them enough day-to-day. You can set us straight, sometimes we think our **** (censored out myself) don't stink! heh

Old
07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Thrasher fans are always welcome here. Never feel uncomfortable posting here guys. pssst We need you guys. Too many Winnipeggers in this forum. I see them enough day-to-day. You can set us straight, sometimes we think our **** (censored out myself) don't stink! heh
Nooo... that definitely wasn't my point. You guys have been great.

This isn't a complaint. I'm just curious if other ex-Thrasher fans are having trouble "getting into" the Jets excitement. I am having a lot of trouble, and it has nothing to do with the fans or the city.

Old
07-27-2011, 03:17 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangethrasher View Post
Nooo... that definitely wasn't my point. You guys have been great.

This isn't a complaint. I'm just curious if other ex-Thrasher fans are having trouble "getting into" the Jets excitement. I am having a lot of trouble, and it has nothing to do with the fans or the city.
You got me wrong friend, I was poking fun at my fellow Pegger, and not assuming you were referring to anything. That was all on me. heh

I know your reason for making this thread and I like it. I was going to make one concerning this topic myself. I hope to see you guys still rooting for your old team or a team. Hockey is too great of a sport to ignore because ownership didn't want to make it work for you guys. You guys weren't given the best chance.

Old
07-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
So it's been awhile since the sale and move, and everything is official including logos and such. The Winnipeg Jets are all settled in.

I'm curious about Thrashers fans who have decided to continue to follow the team as the Jets. Are you keeping up with everything on this forum like you used to? Do you pretty much read every thread?

As for me, I haven't made my decision, and I don't think it's possible to do so until the season starts. I still come here and read hfboards every couple days, and I always visit the Winnipeg forum (the only team forum I read). But I usually only read one or two of the 20-30 updated threads. Sometimes none.

I can't really explain it, but it's very hard to get interested in the exact same things I would have read every word about for the Thrashers.

Anyway, I'm curious how other former Thrashers fans are doing in terms of keeping up with threads here.
I dropped the Coyotes when they left Winnipeg. Still a hated team IMO.

Old
07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
KingSalamon

Well I have to say as a Jets 1.0 fan... when they left for Phoenix, I had a hell of a time being interested in them. It is a painful thing when you lose a team. What made ours even worse was the last 'lame duck' season we had.

I became a Sharks fan when the Jets left (I always liked the logo) and stuck with the Sharks through those terrible years with the odd amazing playoff (upsetting Detroit) and when the talk of Winnipeg getting a team back I was thrilled. Time to hang up the Sharks jersey.

I can't blame someone if they are not interested in a team when they leave.. I was no different. On that note, should you choose to stick around here and give us some insight to the history of this club, I would greatly appreciate it. Most Winnipeg people don't know much at all about the team as they played in the South and Canadian media doesn't cover much outside the Canadian border.

Old
07-27-2011, 03:30 PM
PensFan6687

I agree with you guys. When the Jets left, any love I had for them was diminished. I still don't care for the old Jets. I mean I appreciated the history there for what it was, but yup, I am a fan of this reincarnation. Which is actually really not a reincarnation but an adopted child with the same name. How dare we!

I already don't miss the Moose. Well, I do a bit.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Lemon Lover
Forever in Blueland

Quote:

Everything you said mirrors my feelings exactly at this point. I won't know until the season starts. We'll see . . .

Old
07-27-2011, 04:08 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

I'm thinking the excitement of hockey plus the players I have been following might help once the season starts.

But honestly, I used to read every message in every thread here. Now I just can't get excited about it at all. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:11 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
I'm thinking the excitement of hockey plus the players I have been following might help once the season starts.

But honestly, I used to read every message in every thread here. Now I just can't get excited about it at all. I'm not sure what to think about that.
I am more than excited to see you guys post here, so please do.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lover View Post
Everything you said mirrors my feelings exactly at this point. I won't know until the season starts. We'll see . . .
I hope you folks continue to support the team. Besides, I'd miss that avatar of yours.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I'm here and am still posting on a pretty consistent basis.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:24 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Yeah. I'm not as into the NHL as I used to be, though. I didn't watch much of the playoffs.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:34 PM
BrianL*

Quote:
Yeah, but don't you think it's different being a non-local fan to start with? You haven't really lost the team the way fans in Atlanta did.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
Yeah. I'm not as into the NHL as I used to be, though. I didn't watch much of the playoffs.
Yeah, I definitely seem to be on an island on this board lately though. And for good reason, can't expect everyone to hang around when the wounds are still fresh.

I imagine when October rolls around and the games start back up some may come back simply because of the players we all enjoyed watching.

And as respectful as the Winnipegers have been I do feel like a minority sometimes.

Old
07-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Yeah, but don't you think it's different being a non-local fan to start with? You haven't really lost the team the way fans in Atlanta did.
Already had this conversation.

All fans feel relocation the same way whether you live there or not.

I had a long discussion about it once and don't want to type it all out again, but basically I said that even though I can't see the moving trucks outside my window, I still feel it the same way as all the local diehards do.

I went to Atlanta multiple times a year during the season and went to many games at Philips and know what it was like to be there, the fans and city were treated like crap from the worst ownership in sports history and we all feel that.

Not going to derail the thread with AS LLC chirping because that's not what it was intended for, but simply stating my stand on this.

Old
07-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Already had this conversation.

All fans feel relocation the same way whether you live there or not.

I had a long discussion about it once and don't want to type it all out again, but basically I said that even though I can't see the moving trucks outside my window, I still feel it the same way as all the local diehards do.

I went to Atlanta multiple times a year during the season and went to many games at Philips and know what it was like to be there, the fans and city were treated like crap from the worst ownership in sports history and we all feel that.

Not going to derail the thread with AS LLC chirping because that's not what it was intended for, but simply stating my stand on this.
100% agree with you Lynk. By the time the Jets had packed up for the desert, I had already been living in Vancouver for 5 years. Still was completely devestating for me.

07-27-2011, 06:38 PM
kk
diehard NYI/WPG fan

As soon as the Winnipeg Jets 1.0 moved to Phoenix, I was done. Like divorce. Never looked back. I would totally understand any ATL fans that feel the same way.

Old
07-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk View Post
As soon as the Winnipeg Jets 1.0 moved to Phoenix, I was done. Like divorce. Never looked back. I would totally understand any ATL fans that feel the same way.
I viewed it more as a long distance relationship. Occassionally I'd fly in for a little nookie, or we'd meet up in somewhere "exotic" like Calgary, Edmonton, Anaheim, San Jose, or here in Vancouver.

Old
07-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
When the Jets left and became the desert mutts, I was done with them. The hurt never fully healed, and likely never will. I do not wish the mutts well. In fact, if they relocate, I won't be able to stop myself from laughing and maybe even dancing a jig of glee, especially if they move to QC.

I can completely understand if any Thrasher fans feel the same way I do.

Old
07-27-2011, 10:05 PM
TroubaFan1

Its a matter of time before thrashers fans will forget all about this team.

Old
07-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
Its a matter of time before thrashers fans will forget all about this team.
I think that is very presumptuous and I highly doubt it.

The Thrashers fans I've had a chance to become friends with here on HF are extremely passionate about this team. That kind of passion just doesn't fade away.

As a matter of fact, I know some guys who are still bitter about the Flames

Old
07-27-2011, 10:26 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
I think that is very presumptuous and I highly doubt it.

The Thrashers fans I've had a chance to become friends with here on HF are extremely passionate about this team. That kind of passion just doesn't fade away.

As a matter of fact, I know some guys who are still bitter about the Flames
Fair enough, I was just going off experiance with me and my family and friends after the Jets left. None of us really followed the Coyotes.

Old
07-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
Fair enough, I was just going off experiance with me and my family and friends after the Jets left. None of us really followed the Coyotes.
But did you forget about the Jets?

I know I never did. I still am not over it, even though we have a team again.

Old
07-27-2011, 10:35 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
But did you forget about the Jets?

I know I never did. I still am not over it, even though we have a team again.
No I didnt forget about the Jets. But I did move on to the Canucks, which was more what I meant with my original comment. In other words, IMO most thrashers fans will move on to become fans of other teams sooner rather then later.

Closed Thread