HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brett Hull Signs with the Coyotes

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2004, 08:52 PM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
If by authority, you mean clear bias, then sure, you have all the authority you'll ever need.

I was actually one of Bj supporters when he was in St. Louis. Johnson has a LOAD of potential, but for whatever reason he won't use it. I'm actually being KIND with that statement.

Quote:
And for the record, Johnson played out of his mind in his time in Phoenix.
I saw a lot of his games and honestly, they weren't that great. I've seen BJ play a LOT better than he did while he was in Phoenix. Now, compared to Boucher's starts he was CLEARLY an upgrade, but he was not even close to the level that Osgood OR Weekes play at on a regular basis.

Quote:
He will certainly start over Boucher.
I'm sorry.

Old
08-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Osgood isn't a solid starter? He has started for every team he has EVER played for and that includes winning a Stanley Cup in Detroit. IF you have never seen Osgood have a good game then you have probably never watched him play.
No I dont think he is. How many times do I have to repeat this. Just look at his stats against Phoenix man. In 29 games he has a save pct of .880 and a losing record despite visiting with teams of the calibre of Detroit and St.Louis. He did it again last year with 4 games, going 1-2 and .890.

No wonder Phoenix fans CHEER when they see "Osbad" coming out. The only thing good about his stats is his GAA courtesy of the teams he's played on. He is an okay goalie, like the rest of them but he is not the answer to Phoenix's lack of a top goalie.

Quote:
There were times this year that Osgood looked as good as Broduer.
Of course there were. There are probably 40 goalies in the league that when they are on, they look as good as Brodeur. The problem is they dont do it consistantly. None of the goalies we've mentioned have unlocked that.

Quote:
Weekes isn't a solid starter? He has put up some of the best SP and GAA numbers in the league for 4 straight years playing behind a very shakey Carolina Defense.
I like Weekes. I thought he was good when I watched him a lot as Tampa's back up. Thats how I know you're wrong here. 4 straight years?? Not even half of that. He was a simple backup not 3 years ago. Every one of these goalies have had good years or even two. They just arent consistant. Look at their career stats for a better picture.

Weekes career save pct - .904 GAA - 2.86 SO - 19 GP -277 Born '75
Osgood career save pct - .907 GAA - 2.44 SO - 41 GP - 568 Born '72
Boucher career save pct - .901 GAA - 2.65 SO - 12 GP - 188 Born '77
Johnson career save pct - .904 GAA - 2.28 SO - 12 GP - 151 Born '77
Hedberg career save pct - .901 GAA - 2.83 SO - 10 GP - 137 Born '73

Not one goalie stands out as being "WORLDS" better. At all. As I said.. I'll take my chances with the young kids.

Quote:
I am a Blues fan so I can say this with some authority: Brent Johnson is garbage. He has all the ability in the world but his work ethic(something that is nearly impossible to change) is the WORST(by far) in the league. BJ is not even a viable BACKUP at the NHL level(as Blues fans found out this year). And according to most reports Boucher is even WORSE than BJ(and we in St. louis didn't even think that was possible). Other than his ONE 5 game stretch Boucher has been HORRID at the NHL level.
Again you dont seem to know much with that kind of statement. If Boucher was really horrid, he wouldnt be here today. He was excellent for Philadelphia and carried them deep into the playoffs. That ONE 5 game stretch was also a NHL record - something NO other goalie has ever managed. That includes guys like Roy and Brodeur.

Quote:
NO, Osgood and Weekes make both of Phoenix's current goalies look like beer Leauger's in comparisson. Boucher and Johnson shouldn't even be in the NHL, much less as a starter for their team.
Weekes was a backup in nappies when Boucher and Johnson were starring for powerhouse teams. As Ive shown none of them have outstanding stats. All of them are average goalies. Osgood has a little more pedigree but he is also absolutely awful whenever Phoenix plays him and our goalies who are 5 years younger have potential to be better than average. You said it yourself.. "BJ has a LOAD of potential."

Old
08-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Again you dont seem to know much with that kind of statement. If Boucher was really horrid, he wouldnt be here today. He was excellent for Philadelphia and carried them deep into the playoffs. That ONE 5 game stretch was also a NHL record - something NO other goalie has ever managed. That includes guys like Roy and Brodeur.
Enough already with the shutout record... WHO CARES??

Boucher is a terrible goalie, end of story.

Old
08-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22
Enough already with the shutout record... WHO CARES??

Boucher is a terrible goalie, end of story.
Excellent analysis. I salute you.

Closed Thread