HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs and Isles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
  #1
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,104
vCash: 500
Leafs and Isles

No don't worry this does not involve JT but I still don't think you are going to like it mostly because everybody craps on Leaf proposals.

here it is.

To NYI Komisarek+ boyce

to Toronto Blake Comeau+ a pick likely a 4th

now before people crap on this proposal cause I know they will. Look at the bigger deals the Leafs have made under Burke and ask yourself is it really that far off?

Kessel for 2 1sts and a 2nd

Phaneuf, Aulie, Sjostrom for White Mayers Hagman and Stajan

Lupul Gardiner and a 4th or 6th for Beauchmin

Kaberle for Colborne a 1st and 2nd

Liles for a 2nd

Lebda + slaney+ conditional 4th for Lomabardi and Franson+ conditional 4th

Blake and Toskala for Giguere.

Going by the history of the Leafs bigger deals it seems like my proposal might be one Burke and nonis could hypothetically pull off.


I know people will crap on it but looking back at history you gotta ask yourself is it that far off? the answer is no.

Flame away in 3....2.......1..............

NOW!!!

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
  #2
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500


Leafs get the best player out of this deal, get rid of Komisarek's contract and a 4th. For the cost of Boyce. Sounds like a deal the NYI can't wait to make...

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
  #3
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
No don't worry this does not involve JT but I still don't think you are going to like it mostly because everybody craps on Leaf proposals.

here it is.

To NYI Komisarek+ boyce

to Toronto Blake Comeau+ a pick likely a 4th

now before people crap on this proposal cause I know they will. Look at the bigger deals the Leafs have made under Burke and ask yourself is it really that far off?

Kessel for 2 1sts and a 2nd

Phaneuf, Aulie, Sjostrom for White Mayers Hagman and Stajan

Lupul Gardiner and a 4th or 6th for Beauchmin

Kaberle for Colborne a 1st and 2nd

Liles for a 2nd

Lebda + slaney+ conditional 4th for Lomabardi and Franson+ conditional 4th

Blake and Toskala for Giguere.

Going by the history of the Leafs bigger deals it seems like my proposal might be one Burke and nonis could hypothetically pull off.


I know people will crap on it but looking back at history you gotta ask yourself is it that far off? the answer is no.

Flame away in 3....2.......1..............

NOW!!!
I'm not going to bother starting a value based debate (i trust that will be started before i submit this reply). But:

Question: What influence do past deals made by Burke/Nonis have on Garth Snow's view how his team benefits from this trade?

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
  #4
mrislander82
Registered User
 
mrislander82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
^^^ This...

/thread

mrislander82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
  #5
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Leafs run away with this.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
  #6
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Why do the Islanders trade Comeau for Komisarek?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
  #7
Mikkel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Okay, I'll start. Blake Comeau has real value to the Isles. Mike Komisarek has negative value to the point where Toronto would have to add assets just to get a bag of pucks back.

So no.

Mikkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
  #8
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
NYI does that in a heartbeat.

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
  #9
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker
 
The Infamous Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
No don't worry this does not involve JT but I still don't think you are going to like it mostly because everybody craps on Leaf proposals.

here it is.

To NYI Komisarek+ boyce

to Toronto Blake Comeau+ a pick likely a 4th

now before people crap on this proposal cause I know they will. Look at the bigger deals the Leafs have made under Burke and ask yourself is it really that far off?

Kessel for 2 1sts and a 2nd

Phaneuf, Aulie, Sjostrom for White Mayers Hagman and Stajan

Lupul Gardiner and a 4th or 6th for Beauchmin

Kaberle for Colborne a 1st and 2nd

Liles for a 2nd

Lebda + slaney+ conditional 4th for Lomabardi and Franson+ conditional 4th

Blake and Toskala for Giguere.

Going by the history of the Leafs bigger deals it seems like my proposal might be one Burke and nonis could hypothetically pull off.


I know people will crap on it but looking back at history you gotta ask yourself is it that far off? the answer is no.

Flame away in 3....2.......1..............

NOW!!!
Proposals like this is why

The Infamous Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
  #10
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Why do the Islanders trade Comeau for Komisarek?
Because of Burke's previous transactions?

That's what I was trying to get at in Post#2

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
  #11
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
isles wont do this.

and i doubt burke is trading komi yet.

maybe at the deadline

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:24 PM
  #12
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
I'm not going to bother starting a value based debate (i trust that will be started before i submit this reply). But:

Question: What influence do past deals made by Burke/Nonis have on Garth Snow's view how his team benefits from this trade?
you clearly missed the point. The point being that Burke/Nonis ALWAYS seem to get more out of deals then people think they can or should. Which is why I asked if this proposal is that far off? because thats the type of deal Burke and Nonis have been able to make time and time again.

Hence the question is this really that far off? if we go by past transactions where again the Leafs usually get more then people think they can or should then the answer is this proposal is likely closer then a lot of people think it is.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
  #13
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
you clearly missed the point. The point being that Burke/Nonis ALWAYS seem to get more out of deals then people think they can or should. Which is why I asked if this proposal is that far off? because thats the type of deal Burke and Nonis have been able to make time and time again.

Hence the question is this really that far off? if we go by past transactions where again the Leafs usually get more then people think they can or should then the answer is this proposal is likely closer then a lot of people think it is.
No; I got your point, you are trying to make a case that since Burke/Nonis have made similar deals in the past, it's reasonable to expect that they will do it again.

But you are clearly missing the point on how trades work. You proposed a deal that is horribly lopsided and meets no need of the other team. Why would it be anything but far off?

What do you expect people to say? "That's a terrible deal for NYI, but Burke once made a deal for [Player X] for [Player Y], so I guess it's not that far off"

Just because Burke/Nonis have made "steals" before doesn't mean it'll happen again and certainly doesn't mean you can argue that it'll happen again.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
  #14
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,882
vCash: 500
Hell no. Comeau will be traded for an upgrade on defense, not Komisarek.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:40 PM
  #15
piere McGuire*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto,ON
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Eaton for Komisarek. Upgrade, bigger cap, which the islanders actually need.

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
  #16
Ralphy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 1435
Although I doubt this exact trade occurs, I could definitely see Komisarek going to the Isles in a trade of some sort.

Ralphy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
  #17
Kevin27nyi
Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,089
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Because of Burke's previous transactions?

That's what I was trying to get at in Post#2
Garth traded Campoli for a first rounder and dumped Comrie with him, so add Kessel.

Am I following the logic right?

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
  #18
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
Garth traded Campoli for a first rounder and dumped Comrie with him, so add Kessel.

Am I following the logic right?
Right on track buddy.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:57 PM
  #19
HarrisonFord
The Pain Is Coming
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,508
vCash: 500
To Islanders:
Mike Komesarek

To the Leafs:
A Bag of Pucks
A couple of Long Island Ice Teas for Brian Burke

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:23 PM
  #20
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,451
vCash: 500
Really?

Comeau?

Realistically, Komisarek for a 4th?

Question to those who know the CBA: can a conditional pick be conditional on performance, eg +/- ?

sparxx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
  #21
Halpysback*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Ah, makes sense. Since Burke has been able to pull of some good trades in succession (with the Beauchemin, Versteeg and Kaberle ones pretty uniformly hated by the other teams' fanbases), fans of other teams should just pretend that the leafs should be able to get whoever they want from them for whoever they want to give up.

In that case, why not just go with Komisarek for Parise? It's Burke magic, after all, and therefore other fanbases should be okay with their team getting ***** for the sake of Burke getting an awesome trade.

Funny how I don't see Ottawa fans proposing crap for gold because their team's management stole Filatov

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:35 PM
  #22
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Can somebody ban this guy? Seriously I feel for leafs fans here. This guy is obviously just a huge ass troll trying to make their entire fan base look stupid. Come on mods.

Little brother posting on your account or something dude?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
  #23
dcv2002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
To Tor: 7th round pick
To NYI: Komi + a new areener.

dcv2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
  #24
trainwreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Hill, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
To Islanders: 2nd rounder
To Leaves: A Promise to take Komi on re-entry waivers.

trainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
  #25
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Funny how I don't see Ottawa fans proposing crap for gold because their team's management stole Filatov
Have you looked at any Ottawa proposals?

/99.9% of HF proposals are "my crap for your gold" followed by "yeah well your guy sucks anyway"

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.