HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs and Isles

Old
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Islanderfan17

vCash: 500
Komiserak blows, Comeau is a 3rd line 25 goal scoring winger. I'll take Comeau.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 06:52 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

We don't need Komi's contract anymore (not that we ever did), we have enough bottom pairing D-men anyway

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 06:54 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Ah, makes sense. Since Burke has been able to pull of some good trades in succession (with the Beauchemin, Versteeg and Kaberle ones pretty uniformly hated by the other teams' fanbases), fans of other teams should just pretend that the leafs should be able to get whoever they want from them for whoever they want to give up.

In that case, why not just go with Komisarek for Parise? It's Burke magic, after all, and therefore other fanbases should be okay with their team getting ***** for the sake of Burke getting an awesome trade.

Funny how I don't see Ottawa fans proposing crap for gold because their team's management stole Filatov
Next we'll be hearing about how great Bozak and Kadri are and how Bozak, Kadri and a 1st = Crosby.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Next we'll be hearing about how great Bozak and Kadri are and how Bozak, Kadri and a 1st = Crosby.
thats one thing you will never hear is how great bozak is because Bozak does suck

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
Komiserak blows, Comeau is a 3rd line 25 goal scoring winger. I'll take Comeau.
So would any objective hockey fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
We don't need Komi's contract anymore (not that we ever did), we have enough bottom pairing D-men anyway
While I disagree with him being bottom pairing on the Isles, I do agree that ship has sailed. Before Rolston was acquired the Isles may have taken his salary for a late pick... Now they're close or at the floor, there's really no incentive to take on a d man so drastically overpaid.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:05 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
thats one thing you will never hear is how great bozak is because Bozak does suck
Well, at least you're consistent in how wrong you are.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Well, at least you're consistent in how wrong you are.
29 points and -29 nuff said. Don't come back with "well he was our best PK." either our PK was 27th that statment means nothing

Old
08-02-2011, 07:29 PM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

I heard Lebda and Beauchemin had negative value for the Leafs. Howd that work out for HF boards.

Stop saying Komisarek has negative value unless you are a GM in the NHL. You guys embarrass yourself time after time.

A1LeafNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:45 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Jonas Gustavsson, 2nd rnd 2012

Evgeni Nabakov

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhennig16 View Post

Evgeni Nabakov
I doubt Nabokov has that much value he hasn't played for an entire year at the NHL level.

Old
08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
I doubt Nabokov has that much value he hasn't played for an entire year at the NHL level.
Same can be said about Gustavsson, I'm sure Nabakov won't start far from where he left off- a proven number one goaltender. . Who knows with Riemer, could be a one hit wonder. Nabakov comes with a cheap price tag, and only at the cost of a 2nd rounder, I'd say do it. Don't know what the Isles fan would want.

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
cleverusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
I heard Lebda and Beauchemin had negative value for the Leafs. Howd that work out for HF boards.

Stop saying Komisarek has negative value unless you are a GM in the NHL. You guys embarrass yourself time after time.
Lebda returned a multimillion dollar insurance check to a guy who isn't going to play again and an expendable defenseman from a team looking to resign Shea Weber and looking to move Blum and probably Ellis along.

cleverusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Thealmighty
Rookie User

I could see something more in the lines of Komisarek and Gustafson for Nabakov and a throw in (Reasoner).

The Leafs unload contract, the isles add money they need for salary cap purposes, get a young tender with a wee bit of upside. The Isles get rid of Nabakov who has no interest in playing on the island and the leafs get an experienced tender to help Reimer at a great ticket price.

Thealmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
TyBOZAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
Lebda returned a multimillion dollar insurance check to a guy who isn't going to play again and an expendable defenseman from a team looking to resign Shea Weber and looking to move Blum and probably Ellis along.
Yeah, because Franson's 800k had them tied up right? They could've traded him at the deadline and gotten WAY more than Lebderp.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
cleverusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Percy View Post
Yeah, because Franson's 800k had them tied up right? They could've traded him at the deadline and gotten WAY more than Lebderp.
Could they have dumped Lombardi's insurance paycheck at the deadline?

Franson is a good player but Leafs fans need to stop acting like he was borderline untouchable. He's certainly not close to being a unique player.

cleverusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:28 PM
grabo84

Quote:
29 points and -29 nuff said. Don't come back with "well he was our best PK." either our PK was 27th that statment means nothing
We'll see. He wouldn't be the first player to take a step back as a sophomore. I think he has the talent to be a decent second line or very good third line centre, and one ugly stat line isn't going to shake my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
Could they have dumped Lombardi's insurance paycheck at the deadline?

Franson is a good player but Leafs fans need to stop acting like he was borderline untouchable. He's certainly not close to being a unique player.
Right, he's not Shea Weber. We all know that. Still, like you say, he's a good player with upside. What's not to like?

It isn't like Burke was spending my money.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Percy View Post

So much fail...

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Mikkel

Quote:
you clearly missed the point. The point being that Burke/Nonis ALWAYS seem to get more out of deals then people think they can or should. Which is why I asked if this proposal is that far off? because thats the type of deal Burke and Nonis have been able to make time and time again.
The one common denominator between all those trades you listed (except for trading Kaberle at the deadline) is that Leafs has taken on salary.

To me, Burke/Nonis have been good at utilizing one of Toronto's main strengths (they have cash to burn, and few worries about cap space) to 'win' deals. This is particularly evident in the trade for Lombardi and Franson - as lopsided a trade as possible playerwise, but a trade that made sense from Nashville's point of view, and that few other teams in the league would have been able to pull off.

Had Komisarek been coming from NYI, and Comeau from Toronto, your proposal might actually have been in line with the above. Now it is very clearly not.This is, in fact, the exact opposite of 'the type of deal Burke and Nonis have been able to make time and time again'.

Mikkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Burke has made some good, even some surprisingly good, deals. I still don't know how he managed the Franson deal or got rid of Beauchemin in that manner?

He may even rid the team of Komisarek.

The Islanders, however, will not be enriching the competitive capability of his club so as to remove his unwanted contracts.

If Snow did, he likely have to be taken to court by the NHL for 'enabling'.

For the OP -
You might have seen the deal for Rolston last week. The Isles dished off Hunter (who Lamoriello is quickly buying out) and have gotten the Devils' one year financial headache in return. Rolston, however, can seriously help the Islanders. Overpaid no doubt, but the cap space needed to be filled and he can take on a "weighty" position of leadership, particulary in the locker room. He should help a budding third line as well. He will no doubt share a good relationship not only with the straight-shooting Capuano, but also with Weight and Snow. 'Rolston' as an asset makes much sense for the Islanders.

What few have mentioned is that the Islanders ALSO got a conditional draft pick in the deal. I don't know what the condition is, but TSN reported it as being a conditional 2nd.

Sure, an opponent was aided, but not in its on-ice product. It has helped Lamoriello, but not as much as it will help the Islanders on the ice and perhaps even moreso in the summer where the Isles get that pick (again, we don't yet know what the conditions are).

Thus, this deal makes complete sense for both teams, and is indicative of the types of deals Snow does. Your suggestion is not.

As many here have pointed out, if Toronto truly wants to separate itself from Komisarek, the Islanders will not be the idiots giving Burke something nice in return. They will do what makes sense, even if makes sense for both teams, but they'll not bend over backwards as you suggest in this deal.

Especially not to allow Burke's strain of keenly smart moves to continue... a number of GMs might though...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhennig16 View Post

Evgeni Nabakov
Actually, the 2nd rounder would likely be more than enough.

In general:
The Islanders have so many options in goal right now that I cannot see them making any deal involving another goaltender - not until all these options fail.

In Poulin and Nilsson, they already have their studs for the future and Koskinen remains a work in progress. Dipietro is signed for the next 57 years (although early retirement seems eminent) and Montoya is also being given a shot to prove his solid play to end last season wasn't just a flash in the pan. And heck, is it such a reach to believe the 26/27 year old former 6th overall pick as developed to the point that he can truly contribute?

Anyhow, Gustavsson may have some qualities, but goaltending just isn't an area being dealt with now.

Thus ironic that there have been about 4 trade threads offering Corey Schneider as the centerpiece for a nice young stud NYI prospect or two...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

The problem with showing past deals is that most of them had extenuating circumstances that enabled them to happen. This is pretty one sided without those circumstances so I doubt it would ever happen.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:01 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

WOW, watching the Leaf fans trying to peddle Komisarek to the Islanders has become like watching someone feed a baby spinach & lentils.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:07 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
WOW, watching the Leaf fans trying to peddle Komisarek to the Islanders has become like watching someone feed a baby spinach & lentils.
Lol at that analogy.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:14 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

As a neutral fan, I wouldn't be SHOCKED to see a Comeau for Komisarek+ deal.

Despite having real value, I have a feeling Comeau is going to leave NYI next year anyways. Komisarek is from Long Island and his salary (while ridiculous) would put NYI firmly above the cap floor.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:23 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcv2002 View Post
To Tor: 7th round pick
To NYI: Komi + a new areener.
there u have it

to tor 7th