HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kondratiev

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2004, 06:43 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Kondratiev

what are thoughts on him for next year?

Old
08-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I am hoping he makes the team and is Tyutin's partner on the 2nd/3rd pair. If he can move the puck he should get some PP time as well.

Old
08-05-2004, 07:33 PM
leafaholix*

He'll make the team if there aren't any vets with 1-way's signed.

He was outstanding at last years camp in Toronto.

Old
08-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Balej20*

According to Maloney and Renny, Kondratiev has a great shot at making this team. (It's basically his spot to lose in camp)

As for Kondratiev and Tyutin playing on the same pair, I don't believe they will this year. But that SHOULD be an amazing defensive pairing in the near future. As many of us know, in Russia they played together on the same pair, so there is chemistry there. Tyutin is probably a little bit more NHL advanced than Kondratiev is, that's why they probably wont play together. I see Tyutin on our top pairing this year.

Old
08-05-2004, 07:57 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

thanks a bunch
this makes my deal look better

Old
08-05-2004, 10:02 PM
gkrangers

Tyutin has like 10 games more NHL experience.

I would put them both with vets.

Preferably one of them with Mironov and one with Kaspar.

Old
08-05-2004, 10:12 PM
icthelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrangers

Not a big deal, but he played 25 games this year

Old
08-05-2004, 11:17 PM
gkrangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
Not a big deal, but he played 25 games this year
Whats your point?

Kondratiev has about 10 games in the NHL or so. So Tyutin then has like 15-18 more...so hes hardly a veteran compared to Maxim.

Old
08-05-2004, 11:45 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

what kind of player is kondratiev?

Old
08-06-2004, 12:24 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrangers

thats how i would go..let them play separate with a veteran partner so they can each learn on their own without effecting the other...then when the time is right you can put them together

not to mention the fact that people make way too big a deal of the fact that they played together in the WJC at age 18...it isn't like they played 10 years together

Old
08-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Ocelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
what kind of player is kondratiev?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=2234

Quote:
Originally thought of as a stay at home defenseman with decent offensive skills, Kondratiev has shown in his stint in North America this season, that hes actually quite an adept offensive player. He possesses the ability to run the powerplay and has a very good shot from the point. Hes also an efficient skater who can lead the rush out of the zone. On top of being a surprisingly good offensive defenseman, Kondratiev is solid in his own end as well. While not overly physical, Kondratiev manages to be a very efficient defender. Hes strong enough to keep track of the bigger forwards and not appear overmatched. Sometimes Kondratiev will try to be a little to cute with the puck and will make poor decisions in his own end. However, as he learns to balance out his game, those mistakes will fade.

Old
08-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Chief

I think Tyutin will get top minutes on our squad this season. I don't think there's any reason not to have Kondratiev on the third D pairing. If he shows he can handle more ice, then slide him up.

With the lockout looming and the lack of a new IIHF agreement I don't know that Drats will even be signed and come over this season.

From what I've seen of Drats (only a few games), he's a bit on the small side but plays a physical game. I didn't see any offense from him and he didn't get a sniff of PP time. That said, at least one other person on this board has mentioned he's got some offense in his game. We'll see soon enough.

For the record, here's Tyutin and Kondratiev's NHL and AHL resumes:

Tyutin: 25 NHL games and 43 AHL games

Kondratiev: 7 NHL games and 18 AHL games

Old
08-06-2004, 02:00 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
I think Tyutin will get top minutes on our squad this season. I don't think there's any reason not to have Kondratiev on the third D pairing. If he shows he can handle more ice, then slide him up.

With the lockout looming and the lack of a new IIHF agreement I don't know that Drats will even be signed and come over this season.

From what I've seen of Drats (only a few games), he's a bit on the small side but plays a physical game. I didn't see any offense from him and he didn't get a sniff of PP time. That said, at least one other person on this board has mentioned he's got some offense in his game. We'll see soon enough.

For the record, here's Tyutin and Kondratiev's NHL and AHL resumes:

Tyutin: 25 NHL games and 43 AHL games

Kondratiev: 7 NHL games and 18 AHL games
i'm pretty sure he kondratiev signed a contract with the leafs and has to report to the rangers.

Old
08-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Chief

That would make sense but I'm not sure how his "out clause" which allowed him to return to Russia affects things.

Old
08-06-2004, 03:25 AM
xander

his out clause allowed him to return to russia if he didn't make the NHL squad, so it will only come into effect if he doesn't make the team and decides to go home rather than play in the AHL.

Old
08-06-2004, 03:29 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
his out clause allowed him to return to russia if he didn't make the NHL squad, so it will only come into effect if he doesn't make the team and decides to go home rather than play in the AHL.
Wasn't that only for 1 year?

Old
08-06-2004, 03:34 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

thanks for all the help guys!
also, if i have a draft comming up soon, who are some rangers you think will get some good icetime?
jessiman
lundmark
balej

Old
08-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Wasn't that only for 1 year?
As I understand, you are correct...if he comes over this year he would have to negotiate with the Rangers as to whether he could return to Russia

Old
08-06-2004, 08:19 AM
dumpsathernow*

Kondratiev is a must to get over here. At Hartford or on the big club. No more Russia for him. Time to play over here.

Old
08-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Ocelot

Quote:
also, if i have a draft comming up soon, who are some rangers you think will get some good icetime?
jessiman
lundmark
balej

I am thinking that Lundmark will be on the second line.

Old
08-06-2004, 09:32 AM
NYR469

Quote:
jessiman
lundmark
balej
lundmark & balej should both get top 6 minutes...but it is extremely unlikely that jessiman will be anywhere near ny...he'll either be in hartford or back at dartmouth

Old
08-06-2004, 09:38 AM
NYR469

on kondratiev playing in hartford...

i think the fact that he'd be able to play with tyutin should make him more willing to play in hartford (and that isn't just on the ice, it applies to having a friend off the ice too)...

and i also think unless they are idiots, kondratiev and his agent will recognize the opportunity he has right now to make the big club in ny (almost the complete opposite of his chances in toronto) and if he is smart he'll know that playing in hartford during the lockout would give him an opportunity to be right at the front of the list to get one of the nhl spots when the season ends. whereas if he is back in russia, it might be an 'out of sight, out of mind' situation and he'd run the risk of getting bumped down the depth charts by guys like lampman or liffiton if they play well in hartford

Old
08-06-2004, 11:20 AM
gkrangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
on kondratiev playing in hartford...

i think the fact that he'd be able to play with tyutin should make him more willing to play in hartford (and that isn't just on the ice, it applies to having a friend off the ice too)...

and i also think unless they are idiots, kondratiev and his agent will recognize the opportunity he has right now to make the big club in ny (almost the complete opposite of his chances in toronto) and if he is smart he'll know that playing in hartford during the lockout would give him an opportunity to be right at the front of the list to get one of the nhl spots when the season ends. whereas if he is back in russia, it might be an 'out of sight, out of mind' situation and he'd run the risk of getting bumped down the depth charts by guys like lampman or liffiton if they play well in hartford
I was going to post this but you covered it for me.

This isn't the Toronto situation.

Kondratiev will have alot of incentive to play in Hartford if there is no season, or evne if he doesn't make the team out of camp. He knows hes in the Rangers plans and will be the first call up. Playing in Hartford would get him accustomed to the "system" and make him more accessible to the Rangers...

Old
08-06-2004, 11:46 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
jessiman
lundmark
balej
Lundmark should start with 12-14 minutes a game. Increasing it if he proves he's NHL-worthy (which he hasn't yet). He has to break out in ALL categories... this includes showing that he has ANY of the playmaking skills and scoring touch we drafted him for... he has to show that he can play in traffic, shoot harder than 10mph, take a hit, improve his defense, try to get quicker. He's apparently really hitting the weights... better hit them HARD.

Balej should have around 17 a game. I'd like to predict his scoring if he has a healthy season and plays 78-82 games... I say 15/21 = 36P

Jessiman - I think Sather, Schoenfeld and Renney really want him to sign and play in Hartford, but it's entirely up to him. Either way, I don't see him playing in the NHL for at least one more year. He still has to work on his conditioning, balance, and defensive game. The good thing is that he has a great mind, and he knows exactly what he has to do to hone his game to the NHL level.

Old
08-06-2004, 12:58 PM
barnaby63

Only 36 points for Balej? I can see him getting 15-20 goals and 25-30 assists.

Closed Thread