HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Time to place your bids for Joe Thornton...

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Where?
this explains it

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamer
For the 417th time, no one said he was the best young defenceman.

To cover up for his mis-reading of the post, the guy just edited the quote in his post to make it look that way. (Which I think he should be banned for, that is something terrible to do, especially editing out a word germane to the subject of the sentence.)

Old
08-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
It's Thornton. not thorton.
I sawwy forgive the lack of an n.

Old
08-08-2004, 10:10 PM
XcessiveForce

Tanguay, Svatos, Sauer, 1st 05, 2nd 05

Old
08-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Zednik

Koivu, Komisarek and a 2nd pick ?

Old
08-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer
For the 417th time, no one said he was the best young defenceman.

To cover up for his mis-reading of the post, the guy just edited the quote in his post to make it look that way.
This is true I have been reading/participating in this thread since the start the original guys meaning definetely & clearly that Leopold was ONE OF the best.

The Mis-quoter should not be banned but should apologise.

Old
08-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Johnnybegood13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov Fan
I'm not going to get into an argument, but yes, it is below average. Take a second and think here... how many players can Leopold clear from the front of the net? Not many. Don't get me wrong, he's a very skilled young player, but he's not worthy of being on the top defensive pairing. You can throw stats at me... but you have to look at what the player can do to analyze him, stats are only part of the answer. Also, 15 minutes is what I'd expect Leopold to play... he brings a lot to the table... there's no sense in keeping one of your only creative players off the ice.
Please!!
I forget what game it was in the finals(5th?) but Leopold made 3 defensive plays that were highlights,John Davidson was mesmerized with his smarts,went as far to call him a young Nicklas Lidstrom in the making,he may not be the biggest and toughest but he gets the job done with his brain.
The pairing of Regehr and Leopold won't be easy to score agains't,so as a Flames fan i say a BIG NO to a flakey Thorton involving a trade for Leo...not worth the money or problems IMO.

I think people forget he won the Hobey Baker award for a reason 2 years ago!!

Old
08-09-2004, 01:34 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
Please!!
I forget what game it was in the finals(5th?) but Leopold made 3 defensive plays that were highlights,John Davidson was mesmerized with his smarts,went as far to call him a young Nicklas Lidstrom in the making,he may not be the biggest and toughest but he gets the job done with his brain.
The pairing of Regehr and Leopold won't be easy to score agains't,so as a Flames fan i say a BIG NO to a flakey Thorton involving a trade for Leo...not worth the money or problems IMO.

WHOAH
JD Said hes the next lidstrom. he must be then
take off your homer hat. Thornton > 10 Leopolds. Leopold is a good young defenseman with offensive insticts that are great. Saying you wouldnt consider him in a trade for Thornton is just plain idiotic.

Old
08-09-2004, 01:41 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T

Jason Krog won the Hobey Baker award just 5 years ago. Does that skyrocket his value? I thought not.

Old
08-09-2004, 02:19 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
Thornton > 10 Leopolds.
I don't know about that. An army of Leopold clones might be able to do some damage against Big Joe. I know I'd be pretty scared if I saw 10 of the best young defenseman in the NHL running after me.

:beatup:

Old
08-09-2004, 03:28 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Enough Flames fans. Enough!!!!!. This thread is getting so freaking tedious because of you. Its supposed to be about Thornton. So post your offers and be done with it. If the people here think they suck, well tough that is their choice, get over it.

ARGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
08-09-2004, 03:59 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
This is true I have been reading/participating in this thread since the start the original guys meaning definetely & clearly that Leopold was ONE OF the best.

Initially it was "Leopold was one the best", hence all the confusion.

Old
08-09-2004, 07:07 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
Please!!

I'm sorry, but Nicklas Lidstrom he is not. I don't see Leopold becoming a dominate force on both sides of the puck and becoming one of the best overall dmen in the league. He's got the next ten years to prove me wrong, but I can say with strong enough convinction that good 'ole JD was being a homer when calling Leopold the next Nick Lidstrom in the making. I think Flame fans are starting to overrate their two young dmen just a tad.

Old
08-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:

In all honesty, I just never saw the word 'one' there, and thats probably because to me, the sentence 'one the best young defensemen' doesnt make any sense. In my quote, I seriously dont know how the word 'one' disappeared, but I do apologize for the 'mis-quote'...but you do have to admit 'one the best' doesnt make sense at all, and its not my job to interpret what he was trying to say.

Old
08-09-2004, 09:25 AM
BBB

Quote:
More reasonable than the original Spezza-Redden-1st (which was extremely stupid from an Ottawa point of vue, Mucks isnt the best GM but he's not Réjean Houle)

Havlat - Redden - White - Eaves for Thornton - Boynton - Girard

Old
08-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
Enough Flames fans. Enough!!!!!. This thread is getting so freaking tedious because of you. Its supposed to be about Thornton. So post your offers and be done with it. If the people here think they suck, well tough that is their choice, get over it.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB
Havlat - Redden - White - Eaves for Thornton - Boynton - Girard

So, let's assume that Boston wants to move their top center (probably for $ reasons). Do you think they would want to move their best young dman in the same deal as well?

Old
08-09-2004, 12:03 PM
barnaby63

Maxim Kondratiev, Hugh Jessiman, 2005 3rd round draft pick and a 2006 1st round draft pick for Joe Thornton and Kris Vernarsky.

Bruins get a top-4 defenseman who is capable of being a physical defenseman who can chip in 10-20 points on offense, a potential 1st line scoring PF and 2 high draft picks.

Deal?

Old
08-09-2004, 12:04 PM
frenchfan

joe thornton is not a team's players and for this reason a never won joe in my
team . bruin have great players but no team .

Old
08-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Maxim Kondratiev, Hugh Jessiman, 2005 3rd round draft pick and a 2006 1st round draft pick for Joe Thornton and Kris Vernarsky.

Bruins get a top-4 defenseman who is capable of being a physical defenseman who can chip in 10-20 points on offense, a potential 1st line scoring PF and 2 high draft picks.

Deal?

Old
08-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Flamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
In all honesty, I just never saw the word 'one' there, and thats probably because to me, the sentence 'one the best young defensemen' doesnt make any sense. In my quote, I seriously dont know how the word 'one' disappeared, but I do apologize for the 'mis-quote'...but you do have to admit 'one the best' doesnt make sense at all, and its not my job to interpret what he was trying to say.
To tell you the truth, it's pretty sad if you couldn't figure out that the word "of" was accidentally omitted from the sentence.

And also, words don't magically disappear out of quotes, you deleted it. Just admit it and move on.

Old
08-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Don Draper

So what is antoine vermettes potential? Can Joe sakic reach 1700 points for his career if their is a lockout? Who would you rather have, kovalchuck or Heatley? Would the NHL be more successful with a hard cap, or no cap at all? Can ben stiller come out with a good movie that doesnt involve a wilson brother, ferrell or black? Are two prunes enough, or is three too many? Is it suicide to go to the food court then step on the gravitron? Will Family Guy be as funny the second time around? Since this thread has gotten completely derailed, I thought I would try and get some answers to these mind benders.

Or we can start talking about Big Joe again, either or.

Old
08-09-2004, 01:34 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
That helps.

Old
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer
To tell you the truth, it's pretty sad if you couldn't figure out that the word "of" was accidentally omitted from the sentence.
As I said before, its not my job to interpret what he was trying to say..perhaps he initially had 'one of the best young defensemen' in there, and then decided to change it to 'the best young defenseman', and forgot to erase the word one.....its not my fault he cant type.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2

Threads evolve, get over it.

Old
08-10-2004, 07:12 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Threads evolve, get over it.

Evolved? More like devolved.

Closed Thread