HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Orszagh signed(official)

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2004, 01:43 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Orszagh signed(official)

Any news? Anyone?

Is this thing on?

Old
08-05-2004, 02:10 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I think I heard Orszagh is seeking 1.35 mil. I hope they just let him walk

Old
08-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

From what I gather the judgement will be announced tomorrow

Old
08-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think I heard Orszagh is seeking 1.35 mil. I hope they just let him walk
1.35 is too much?

Old
08-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
1.35 is too much?
For a player who has yet to score 40 points in the league, in 1 season...yes, I know part of it is Arkhipuff's fault...but he should have collected 40 points this year playing with Erat

Old
08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
predperson

yeah, the arbitrator has 48 hrs to come back with a recommendation....I would guess he's going to come back somewhere in the middle of what Preds were offering and what Orszagh wanted.

Old
08-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
I think 1 mil. is not too much for Vladdy...

Old
08-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I would be dissapointed if we walked away from anything less than 1.5 million. We will be under 30 million, almost certainly, and he is still good value at that price. If we had to move him, why not just deal him later on in the season. I can guarantee somone will snag him almost immeadiately, if we walk away from a ruling, especially at such a low price range...

Fedotenko received 1.5 million from the arbitrator the other day, so Orszagh will likely be under that, especially if he is only seeking 1.35 million. Anyways, what is so bad about paying a player that is gritty, good leadership qualities.....at least his play would seem that way, and who you KNOW is going to give you 15/20 each year. Seems very fair to me.......in fact, its a bargain in my mind. I guess I am just the minority in that aspect .

08-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I would be dissapointed if we walked away from anything less than 1.5 million. We will be under 30 million, almost certainly, and he is still good value at that price. If we had to move him, why not just deal him later on in the season. I can guarantee somone will snag him almost immeadiately, if we walk away from a ruling, especially at such a low price range...

Fedotenko received 1.5 million from the arbitrator the other day, so Orszagh will likely be under that, especially if he is only seeking 1.35 million. Anyways, what is so bad about paying a player that is gritty, good leadership qualities.....at least his play would seem that way, and who you KNOW is going to give you 15/20 each year. Seems very fair to me.......in fact, its a bargain in my mind. I guess I am just the minority in that aspect .
What he said

Old
08-05-2004, 01:29 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

If it's less than 1.5, sign him. I still have visions in my head of his head slam into the post goal in the playoffs. Add to that he played all 82 games last season, I have a feeling he'll score 5-10 extra points this season.

Old
08-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Ekman just recieved ONLY 1.2 million. He had 55 points in the regular season......he sucked in the playoffs, but still.....wow!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=93721

I'm feeling a bit more confident that Orszagh will be around the 1.2 mark as well, which is extremely fair for a superb 3rd line player with good offensive instincts and the ability to grind all night long.

Old
08-05-2004, 03:21 PM
tulsytrid1

Orszagh is as good as signed. From the cityt paper: Shero did state firmly that, whatever the decision, the Preds will keep Orszagh. In some arbitration scenarios, the team can walk away from players who win excessively large amounts and allow them to become unrestricted free agents instead.

“The amount the player submitted was less than the walk-away number, so there’s no chance of that,” Shero said.

You have to look at more than the points when looking at Orszagh. He not only chips in points, but he is also an undrated defender and brings a physical presence to the line up. He also played a lot on the pentalty kill 4th highest forward in PK ice time on our team behind Walker, Sully, and Johnson.

Old
08-05-2004, 03:31 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
That's great to hear. I wonder where that leaves Pivko because he seems almost penciled in to the Preds roster next year. Unfortunately for him, he has 6 wingers(Sullivan, Walker, Hartnell, Hall, Orszagh, Erat) ahead of him. I just don't see him passing any of them. I guess it is 4th line duty for Pivko unless of injuries or if we convert Hall to center (just a random rumination). He's going to have to battle the likes of Tootoo, Stevenson, McKenzie, and Severson for one of the final two winger spots.

Old
08-05-2004, 04:27 PM
predhead1

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trotz try Hall at center again. I think that the coaches and management have made it clear that we need to get bigger and stronger up the middle, and if we can't sign/trade for a big centerman prior to the season, moving Hall over might be a good solution, given the depth that we have at wing.

Old
08-05-2004, 07:29 PM
LPC2008

Send a message via AIM to LPC2008 Send a message via Yahoo to LPC2008
I believe Orszagh deserves every penny of at least $1 million. A full season of determination and skill... This guy has a great future with the predators. Great chemistry with Erat. He was a key player last year. He was the 1st to score in the Motor City comeback, scored a hat trick and had an assist so he keyed in to every goal by the preds when they played the Sabres. A risky dive to score in the playoffs (still cringe whenever I see that goal) Along with a lot of other key times (1st SH goal of the season, etc.) True he didn't have 40 points last year, but 37 is pretty dern close enough for me. I know the Preds will sign him (according to Ray Shero) and I hope they keep him for the long run.

Now who can tell I'm a big fan of #33??

Old
08-05-2004, 07:46 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC2008
I believe Orszagh deserves every penny of at least $1 million. A full season of determination and skill... This guy has a great future with the predators. Great chemistry with Erat. He was a key player last year. He was the 1st to score in the Motor City comeback, scored a hat trick and had an assist so he keyed in to every goal by the preds when they played the Sabres. A risky dive to score in the playoffs (still cringe whenever I see that goal) Along with a lot of other key times (1st SH goal of the season, etc.) True he didn't have 40 points last year, but 37 is pretty dern close enough for me. I know the Preds will sign him (according to Ray Shero) and I hope they keep him for the long run.

Now who can tell I'm a big fan of #33??
Agreed, he has good chemistry with Erat, but I'm not sure how long that will last. Erat is primed for full-time second line duty, and I'm not sure that's the role we want Orszagh in.

Old
08-05-2004, 09:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed, he has good chemistry with Erat, but I'm not sure how long that will last. Erat is primed for full-time second line duty, and I'm not sure that's the role we want Orszagh in.

agreed. we have a couple of right wings who wouldn't really benefit from playing on the third line(upshall, in particular) and i'd rather have a highly-regarded prospect developing than a guy that...let's face it...a much-loved stopgap.

as for moving hall to center, i think we're going to see that full time,this year. he's clutch with faceoffs(remember the last second vancouver miracle, at the end of the season? that was all due to a key adam hall faceoff win) and he could center hartnell and (segal? pivko?)

Old
08-05-2004, 09:53 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

biscuithead and I chatted today and we both see Orszy back for one more year, tops. Too many prospects about to graduate. Sure, I really like his grit and determination, but if the team is getting bigger and stronger, one of the prospects will be held back after this year if we don't open a wing spot.

Old
08-06-2004, 07:33 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
a future line of hartnell-hall-segal

Old
08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone heard anything?

Old
08-09-2004, 10:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Anyone heard anything?

nope. the fact that they haven't announced anything makes me wonder if he was signed...and Nashville is just slow to announce it(as they always are.) It seems like everyone else from the 4th has been announced.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
nope. the fact that they haven't announced anything makes me wonder if he was signed...and Nashville is just slow to announce it(as they always are.) It seems like everyone else from the 4th has been announced.
NHLPA site shows Vladdy making $950,000. I do know that the Predators don't announce until they have a contract in hand.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
NHLPA site shows Vladdy making $950,000. I do know that the Predators don't announce until they have a contract in hand.

it said 0.00 as of this morning,so i think we have our answer. Good price, I say.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
it said 0.00 as of this morning,so i think we have our answer. Good price, I say.
agreed...as much as I want him gone, that's a great price...double that and you'll probably get Martin Erat's price for this coming year.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
agreed...as much as I want him gone, that's a great price...double that and you'll probably get Martin Erat's price for this coming year.

that wouldn't make sense, though. Orszagh has consistently scored 16 goals. Erat did it...once, last year. Erat should get around the same amount. There's no way he gets almost 2 million for one good season.

Closed Thread