HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Whos the best of these RW

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Don Draper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklez
Good god, no love for St-Louis, he's easily better than Hossa right now. St-Louis is one of the best all-around players in the league. He kills penalties and led the league in SHG, won the scoring title, led the league in +/-, won the Pearson, won the Cup, played the point on the PP, and always came up big for his team when they needed him.
You put alfreddson on a line with a number 1 season, and hes getting heart nominations, lbp awards and the like. Take St Louis off his line and i dont know if hes any different a player than alfreddson.

Old
08-06-2004, 11:53 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
I understand. I must defend Marian Hossa to the end.
Hey i agree with you. People on this board are obsessed with what happened in the playoffs. If you dont count the playoffs, Hossa was better then Iggy last regular season.

Old
08-06-2004, 11:58 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
Hey i agree with you. People on this board are obsessed with what happened in the playoffs. If you dont count the playoffs, Hossa was better then Iggy last regular season.
So people should focus soley on what happens in the regular season and not the post season because it would help prove your point?

Hossa is a damn fine player, but he is not on Jarome's level yet, much less ahead of him.

Iginla was runner up for the Hart last year and won another Rocket Richard Trophy. I am assuming if he had a supporting cast like Hossa had in Ottawa (Alfredsson, Havley, Spezza, Bondra, Smolinski, Bonk) he would probably have more helpers.

Iginla has pretty much done it on his own.

Old
08-07-2004, 12:10 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

supporting casts like that also hamper ones performance
iggy got all the icetime, and played with conroy, so its not like he had no one
hossa had to split ice time with all of ottawas great players.

Old
08-07-2004, 02:06 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
So people should focus soley on what happens in the regular season and not the post season because it would help prove your point?
Once again, I must points out how Hossa has been dominant in the past two postseasons.

Hossa played regularly with Radek Bonk. That's it. And Bonk had an awful offensive season. Hossa carries his line pretty much, like Iginla.

Closed Thread