HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Turris

Old
08-03-2011, 02:25 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
How about:

Raymond
Schneider
1st

For

Turris
Gormley

This trade only happens when players are healthy.

Phoenix gets number one goalie, a 50+ point winger and a 1st in a deep draft.

Vancouver gets a center who could play on Kesler's wing and center the second powerplay unit. Also get a top dman prospect who would excel with Edler in a couple of years. I also think he might be nhl ready.

What do you guys think?
Wow.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Easy answer. Was never a bust and the Coyotes need centers.
His PPG in the last 3 years says otherwise

I am not saying he cant turn it around, but he needs some serious work

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:56 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post

He never should've played in the NHL in his rookie year, clearly wasn't ready. Last season was essentially his rookie year. 25 points playing on the 4th line all season with Paul Bissonnette and no powerplay time is pretty good if you ask me. Tippett isn't going to play him unless he plays defense, which he started doing late in the year. His offense is fine. Put him with Doan the whole year and he'll give you 40-50 points.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:

Did you actually watch the games - or basing your entire evaluation on PPG?

Ask anyone who watched a PHO game last year - and they'll tell you that Turris was underutilized on an offensively challenged team. Add in that he was rushed to the NHL WELL before he was ready physically, and it's not a surprise that he struggled.

I did watch a bunch of PHO games, and the glimpses of what Turris will bring were there. Wiht the combination of his potential, along with the team's need for a scoring line center, I don't think there is any reasonable way he gets moved at this point in time.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Did you actually watch the games - or basing your entire evaluation on PPG?

Ask anyone who watched a PHO game last year - and they'll tell you that Turris was underutilized on an offensively challenged team. Add in that he was rushed to the NHL WELL before he was ready physically, and it's not a surprise that he struggled.

I did watch a bunch of PHO games, and the glimpses of what Turris will bring were there. Wiht the combination of his potential, along with the team's need for a scoring line center, I don't think there is any reasonable way he gets moved at this point in time.
I watched a few Phoenix games and have seen turris

He was practically invisible and the fact that he was on the 4th line on an offensively challenged team speaks volumes about what he was able to accomplish.

If he cant crack the top 6 in phoenix, what makes you think he will on any other team?

Old
08-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
I watched a few Phoenix games and have seen turris

He was practically invisible and the fact that he was on the 4th line on an offensively challenged team speaks volumes about what he was able to accomplish.

If he cant crack the top 6 in phoenix, what makes you think he will on any other team?
Because the vast majority of the time it was Tippett's decision. This is the same guy that would rather play AHL'ers like Ebbett than give a guy like Turris a chance.

And how much offense can anyone produce playing 7-9 minutes a night with Bissonette? How is PPG a reasonable measure for a guy who was in that situation?

Trying watching more than a few games before passing judgement on a young kid who should have been in his rookie season. I'm not saying he's the second coming of TGO or anything like that - just that he wasn't physically mature enough to be playing in the NHL when he was originally brought up.

Old
08-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Because the vast majority of the time it was Tippett's decision. This is the same guy that would rather play AHL'ers like Ebbett than give a guy like Turris a chance.

And how much offense can anyone produce playing 7-9 minutes a night with Bissonette? How is PPG a reasonable measure for a guy who was in that situation?

Trying watching more than a few games before passing judgement on a young kid who should have been in his rookie season. I'm not saying he's the second coming of TGO or anything like that - just that he wasn't physically mature enough to be playing in the NHL when he was originally brought up.
Tippet did what he had to, to provide the best possible team

Turris didnt play because he was unable to produce.

I dont watch many Phoenix games but I have seen quite a few, i have seen flashes of good things from turris but mostly he is invisible

Old
08-03-2011, 09:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

HAHA. I'm pretty sure he was the points per minute leader on the team.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Tippet did what he had to, to provide the best possible team

Turris didnt play because he was unable to produce.

I dont watch many Phoenix games but I have seen quite a few, i have seen flashes of good things from turris but mostly he is invisible
Tippet was short sighted IMO. The "best possible team" is only going to happen is Turris develops. Playing him 7-8 minutes a night with guys like Bissonette doesn't do that, which hurts the team long term.

I respect Tippet for getting the Yotes to play over their heads the last couple years - but he's slowed the development of some key younger players, which will potentially come back and bite the organization in the arse this year.