HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Generals Road Trip to Long Island - March 10th - FINAL DETAILS SENT OUT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2012, 12:17 PM
  #251
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trade RyderZidHavlat
Country: United States
Posts: 19,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Lot of people not in the know thought it would be half empty. Isles still draw some big crowds. We helped them out tonight!:D
Yes, big time. Good seeing you out there last night as always and have a good one tonight.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:21 PM
  #252
Lou's Koolaid
I live here
 
Lou's Koolaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KWT660
Country: United States
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
Yes, big time. Good seeing you out there last night as always and have a good one tonight.
Don't have a seat yet. Hope i can grab one for 11$. Heard it from some ******** Isles fans and still felt bad for them lol!
If they ever get good their gonna be some serious ****heads to deal with.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:43 PM
  #253
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
For an Isle's/Devils game, there were a decent amount of Ranger fans at the game. 2 of them stood out in like 327, they were stupid and arrogant.

Edit: If Tony sees this, your not included xD
Those two fans took a verbal beating. Islander fans in 329 were chanting "Those fans swallow!" at them for a good bit, great to see.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
  #254
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Those two fans took a verbal beating. Islander fans in 329 were chanting "Those fans swallow!" at them for a good bit, great to see.
Good for them. Myself and the guys next to me exchanged some distance shouts and gestures with them as well. Talk about just looking to cause a problem.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:54 PM
  #255
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Good for them. Myself and the guys next to me exchanged some distance shouts and gestures with them as well. Talk about just looking to cause a problem.
I did as well walking through the concourse, not with those guys, didn't see them but other Ranger fans who were causing problems with both Islander and Devil fans.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:56 PM
  #256
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
I did as well walking through the concourse, not with those guys, didn't see them but other Ranger fans who were causing problems with both Islander and Devil fans.
I saw an absurd amount of Rangers fans last night, there was one in my row in the next section over, but he was an older guy, but plenty of *******s out yesterday.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:07 PM
  #257
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick Vinegar View Post
Hopefully whoever the drunk dude was that had to get carried off the bus is OK.
Wait. What, now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
For an Isle's/Devils game, there were a decent amount of Ranger fans at the game. 2 of them stood out in like 327, they were stupid and arrogant.
What kind of a pathetic loser shows up to an ISLANDERS and DEVILS game wearing a Ranger's jersey? My guess is either teenagers, or some rental fan that hasnt really rooted for the Rangers since Adam Graves was on the team.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
  #258
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Wait. What, now?



What kind of a pathetic loser shows up to an ISLANDERS and DEVILS game wearing a Ranger's jersey? My guess is either teenagers, or some rental fan that hasnt really rooted for the Rangers since Adam Graves was on the team.
Literally every age, saw a Dad with his 5-7 year old kids, 20-30 year olds and a group of older guys.

I don't understand at all why so many were there.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
  #259
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,583
vCash: 500
Those people just want attention.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
  #260
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Wait. What, now?



What kind of a pathetic loser shows up to an ISLANDERS and DEVILS game wearing a Ranger's jersey? My guess is either teenagers, or some rental fan that hasnt really rooted for the Rangers since Adam Graves was on the team.
Nah man, they were of all ages...

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
  #261
Vick Vinegar
TCOB
 
Vick Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Brunswick,NJ
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Wait. What, now?
not sure what happened, just know.somone was carried off the bus and was then Passed out in the grass. I think he was chugging a bottle of hypnotique

Vick Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:15 PM
  #262
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
I think we should invade the Caps next year.

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:16 PM
  #263
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Literally every age, saw a Dad with his 5-7 year old kids, 20-30 year olds and a group of older guys.

I don't understand at all why so many were there.
At Thursday's game there was a dad with his son and sitting next to me at the Rock - just angry the entire game and cheering against both teams. They would chant 'Lets go Rangers' whenever they showed the Senators/Rangers score on the game. The kid who was like 15 would just let out a random "Devils suck!" and I just turned and said, "So why are you guys even here? You just like paying to be angry all day?" They both seemed shocked at the confrontation and just shut up.

Some people are just miserable ****s I guess

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
  #264
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trade RyderZidHavlat
Country: United States
Posts: 19,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
At Thursday's game there was a dad with his son and sitting next to me at the Rock - just angry the entire game and cheering against both teams. They would chant 'Lets go Rangers' whenever they showed the Senators/Rangers score on the game. The kid who was like 15 would just let out a random "Devils suck!" and I just turned and said, "So why are you guys even here? You just like paying to be angry all day?" They both seemed shocked at the confrontation and just shut up.

Some people are just miserable ****s I guess
These attention seeking pests ensure that they Rangers suck chant will never go away at The Rock for all home games.

They are finally in first place past November for the first time in ages and they act like their BLEEP don't stink in an arena where their team is not even there that night.

I don't think Devils nor Islanders fans do this kind of stuff and if so it's a rarity, not commonplace.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
  #265
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Is there anyplace where all the pics and the group photos and stuff are?

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:56 PM
  #266
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,034
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Thank you to everyone who came out! I haven't had a chance to get anything together since I've been sick, but I will get a blog post up soon with pictures.

I'm open to suggestions for our next trip - I've heard both Philly and Washington (I prefer Washington).

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:07 PM
  #267
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
never been to see a caps game. thatd be cool.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:18 PM
  #268
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
I support Washington.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:09 PM
  #269
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trade RyderZidHavlat
Country: United States
Posts: 19,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Thank you to everyone who came out! I haven't had a chance to get anything together since I've been sick, but I will get a blog post up soon with pictures.

I'm open to suggestions for our next trip - I've heard both Philly and Washington (I prefer Washington).
Wash would be fun, their fans are civilized.
Philly would not be fun, I'll stop at that.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:14 PM
  #270
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
absolutely interested in a caps game. hopefully won't have any more random weddings on the same day.

selyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:15 PM
  #271
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,891
vCash: 500
You can take Bolt Bus or Megabus from NY Penn, which stops right by the Verizon Center, for $20 roundtrip.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:16 PM
  #272
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,034
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
You can take Bolt Bus or Megabus from NY Penn, which stops right by the Verizon Center, for $20 roundtrip.
But what fun is that if you can't all be on the same bus? And is Megabus those double decker buses?

*Edit - yes it is - those things scare me. Plus it's a matter of what time you go, and you're really relying on their schedule.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM
  #273
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
But what fun is that if you can't all be on the same bus?

Plus it's a matter of what time you go, and you're really relying on their schedule.
I guess I really didnt consider travel as part of the fun. Nevertheless they're cheap as all hell, and schedule isnt really a problem as they have buses departing pretty much every hour (or even 1/2-hour at times).

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
  #274
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,034
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I guess I really didnt consider travel as part of the fun. Nevertheless they're cheap as all hell, and schedule isnt really a problem as they have buses departing pretty much every hour (or even 1/2-hour at times).
Well, considering some of your most recent posts in other parts of this forum, fun really isn't your thing!

In other news, the bus trip out there, was actually part of the fun. Getting to meet new people, all traveling together to the arena, hanging out with other fans...we went out to LI at $20/person. That's not too bad. It will probably be a little more to Washington, but it's a longer trip.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:37 PM
  #275
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
I got to meet CJ, Tony, and Abo in person lol

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.