HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 - Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Ubercron9000

vCash: 500
This year the 2 canadian teams are in last place in their divisions. I just hope that Montreal will have a good team. I don't have much confidence in saputo. But it will take a few years until the team really rises imo.

Old
08-04-2011, 03:38 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Yeah we can get some french star player to come here but lets not forget Montreal has a pretty big Portuguese and Italian community to. Theres Boston, Toronto and then us. I'm sure it can be attractive to foreign veteran stars. After all Montreal is considered to be most euro city of all N-America.
well your dreams might come true pretty soon, the impact has no decent farm club and joey is going to put his hands pretty deep in his pockets like a wealthy leprechaun if they are to have a watchable team on the field. thats right, only to have a watchable team.

with nick desantis driving the boat, there are fun times ahead. The guy benched the best player on his team during a playoff final for the sake of a personnal powertrip. Then, got promoted as technical director. scary stuff. With him playing an important role, I can't see the impact going anywhere.

montreal has to buy its way to success. its the only way. that's what they have always done anyways.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 08-04-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
well your dreams might come true pretty soon, the impact has no decent farm club and joey is going to put his hands pretty deep in his pockets like a wealthy leprechaun if they are to have a watchable team on the field. thats right, only to have a watchable team.

with nick desantis driving the boat, there are fun times ahead. The guy benched the best player on his team during a playoff final for the sake of a personnal powertrip. Then, got promoted as technical director. scary stuff. With him playing an important role, I can't see the impact going anywhere.

montreal has to buy its way to success. its the only way. that's what they have always done anyways.
saputo is a billionaire and has the funds to 'buy' a team if necessary. i expect de Santis to be gone sooner than later

Old
08-04-2011, 06:33 PM
BLBarmada

We can compete with the Galaxly and the Red Bulls for top tier talent, we have deeper pockets the. TFC and the Whitecaps.

Old
08-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
We can compete with the Galaxly and the Red Bulls for top tier talent, we have deeper pockets the. TFC and the Whitecaps.
Seattle was able to compete right away, they have deep pockets. I do believe there's a cap so smarts is more important than cash. Toronto is all over the place & has been terrible for all 6 years & they have plenty off cash, so....

Old
08-04-2011, 11:16 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
A couple of years back the Whitecaps were poised to represent Canada in the CONCACAF Champions League. All they needed was for Montreal to not lose by 4 goals or more. Coincidentally, it did not happen as Montreal lost the game 6-1! Lets just say Whitecaps fans have not forgotten the event and thought that Montreal threw the game so TFC would not be embarrassed.
I was mad at my team for losing in such a disgraceful way. Not because the Whitecaps didn't win the tournament but mostly because they let their biggest rivals humiliate them and raise the trophy in their stadium. That day, I sang De Santis, Démission and I still do when I go to the stadium.

But if I were you, I'd be mad at your team too. The weaksauces that played for the Whitecaps that year lost the game right after the 6-1 game (vs Montréal, in Montréal) and they lost twice in the finals. They choked pretty badly.

Old
08-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Player 61
#Winning

This showed up on twitter this eve, guess they're gearing up for the new logo in 2 days. Not Sid Lee, kinda lame just kicking the ball around downtown.

Old
08-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Woland

. The Sid Lee campaign will start on Monday ......so I've been told

Old
08-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
. The Sid Lee campaign will start on Monday ......so I've been told
Good, they need help. After that vid...

Seriously. Sid Lee is good, they took the STM or Montreal Transit out of the 70's & turned then friendly & green & bilingual. The TTC should use them, they'll do a great job, no doubt!

Old
08-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 1582
Any details about number of divisions next year in the MLS? Or is it too early? The Impact need a pure goal scorer. When was the last time they had a top scorer?

Old
08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Woland

ohhhh NDS just opened a can of worms he will deeply regret.

he basically said that those who disagree with him are not real fans....

Old
08-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Squonk

Quote:
ohhhh NDS just opened a can of worms he will deeply regret.

he basically said that those who disagree with him are not real fans....
Wow... when, where and in what context did he say that? Link?

I'm going to my first Impact game of the season tomorrow and I am looking forward to the announcement of the new logo. I really can't wait until next season starts.

There have been so many changes to the roster this year that, knowing these players won't be back next year, I really don't care much about this season. The only positive is watching my favorite player (Sebrango) showing that he still has it and retiring on a high note.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Woland

at about 7 min. http://www.ckac.com/audioplayer.php?mp3=108159.

because we don't support him, we are not real fans. The ego on the man is ridiculous.

Old
08-06-2011, 01:01 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

I ****ing hate this guy. I'll be there tomorrow chanting ''De Santis Démission'' and other chants. **** him, what a gigantic ******* piece of ****, he's a *********.

Old
08-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
at about 7 min. http://www.ckac.com/audioplayer.php?mp3=108159.

because we don't support him, we are not real fans. The ego on the man is ridiculous.

Seriously, how far can he take this? I think the Ultras should work on a huge banner saying "De Santis, Démission." Sad thing is, it probably wouldn't be allowed in the stadium. De Santis should try to look for 'real fans'. I doubt he'll find many of them.

What a shame.

Old
08-06-2011, 09:01 AM
GoodKiwi

Secured my season tickets a few weeks ago!

Old
08-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

I can't believe there was no leak at all for the logo...

Old
08-06-2011, 03:20 PM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Yeah it is pretty surprising especially since they're not only unveiling the logo but also they start selling merchandise with the new logo at halftime tonight.

Old
08-06-2011, 03:40 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Knowing the Impact, they're pretty good at censoring and not leaking things. Not for nothing that Ultras had a banner saying "Dictateur technique".

I really hope Impact fans will open their eyes. The thing with the Impact is that they always filter things to make it seems that all is well, the sun is shining et que c'est la vie en rose! Fans at the stadium never if ever ask themselves questions about how the club is run. They prefer talking about their weekends and tell themselves that the Ultras are paid by the club to animate the crowd....

Old
08-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

MLS is a blast if you take it for what it is. You are not getting Premiership calibur teams, and you may not even be getting 2nd division calibur teams, but the fan experience is pretty cool.

I think luring the henry type of players would be very difficult because most of those guys only know of LA and NY as desirable places to play, but the added french factor could help montreal.

In Vancouver, its been a bit of a bummer because the two marquee players in the league never suited up at Empire. Henry was injured and Beckham was suspended.

Anyways, enjoy the MLS...I have a feeling that montreal will be one of the stronger mls organizations.

Old
08-06-2011, 06:28 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
This. I jumped on the bandwaggon, did some research, apparantly the first overall pick decided to join a current MLS team leaving MTL to draft the person that was suppose to go second overall (since there's no real clear cut) but that #1 overall pick that left was supposed to be the first overall but bailed. Don't know if someone understands what I mean and if you can explain

Also will this game have a stream or will it show on Radio Can?

Old
08-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Gary320

The games on Radio Canada.

Anyone can tell me why the Ultras left the game?

Old
08-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Rakuten06

Should be good! I recently visited Montreal recently this March. So yeah, I'll be looking forward to visit Montreal again to support the Montreal Impact again!!!

And I'm glad that I finally have a favorite team to root for in MLS because I'm in Vermont, the land of French-Canadians lol

Old
08-06-2011, 08:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuten06 View Post
Should be good! I recently visited Montreal recently this March. So yeah, I'll be looking forward to visit Montreal again to support the Montreal Impact again!!!

And I'm glad that I finally have a favorite team to root for in MLS because I'm in Vermont, the land of French-Canadians lol
Yes but are you a Habs fan?

No logo news?

Old
08-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Yes but are you a Habs fan?

No logo news?