HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise, where might he go?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
  #26
siddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Thinking he'd sign anywhere but Toronto is just wishful thinking. The amount of pull Brian Burke and Ron Wilson have with american players is tremendous.

You can stop dreaming now Kings, Rangers, Sabres fans.
If he wants money, he's not going to the Leafs. They won't do a 10 year 80 mil deal like other teams might do

siddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
  #27
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
New Jersey?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:28 PM
  #28
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Kings have his buddies from the Olympics in Brown, Johnson, and Quick.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:32 PM
  #29
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
You say the rangers fans should stop dreaming? Because Burke has Pull with American players? LOL typical leafs fan thinking they are superior to anyone else. How is that Brad Richards signing working out for you guys? Oh right, the RANGERS GOT HIM and didnt even need to "show up" to the bidding and got him for CHEAPER. LOL

If the Rangers want someone and have the cap space, they are contenders. Maybe wont mean they will "GET EM" but you cant discount the fact they are Original 6, play in NEW YORK CITY, and have a GREAT TEAM THATS UP AND COMING. We have NO Goalie Issues, have a great first line center, great scorer in Gaborik, great leader in Callahan, have a great defense, and a hell of a second line.. OUr fourth line is pretty decent too. Our third is OK.

I am not advocating for Parise. But to say the Rangers are OUT OF IT because your beloved moron GM who babbles his mouth off when he should be shutting up and eating humble pie, likes american players is absurd. NYR likes american players too. And guess what? WE PLAY IN AMERICA.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:34 PM
  #30
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
You say the rangers fans should stop dreaming? Because Burke has Pull with American players? LOL typical leafs fan thinking they are superior to anyone else. How is that Brad Richards signing working out for you guys? Oh right, the RANGERS GOT HIM and didnt even need to "show up" to the bidding and got him for CHEAPER. LOL

If the Rangers want someone and have the cap space, they are contenders. Maybe wont mean they will "GET EM" but you cant discount the fact they are Original 6, play in NEW YORK CITY, and have a GREAT TEAM THATS UP AND COMING. We have NO Goalie Issues, have a great first line center, great scorer in Gaborik, great leader in Callahan, have a great defense, and a hell of a second line.. OUr fourth line is pretty decent too. Our third is OK.

I am not advocating for Parise. But to say the Rangers are OUT OF IT because your beloved moron GM who babbles his mouth off when he should be shutting up and eating humble pie, likes american players is absurd. NYR likes american players too. And guess what? WE PLAY IN AMERICA.
I'll bet you a Caps Lock button that he isn't playing for Toronto or New York next year.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
  #31
Csonked Out
Registered User
 
Csonked Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'll bet you a Caps Lock button that he isn't playing for Toronto or New York next year.
I will raise you with a shift button as well..

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:40 PM
  #32
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Blues, Wild, Avs all seem like viable places where he may end up. Blues and Avs have a good, young cores or with the Wild he can return home.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
  #33
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
 
Megan Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddy View Post
If he wants money, he's not going to the Leafs. They won't do a 10 year 80 mil deal like other teams might do
It doesn't matter.

Parise wants the Leafs and the Leafs probably want Parise. He'll take five years at 7.5 per and that's all there is to it.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
  #34
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
You say the rangers fans should stop dreaming? Because Burke has Pull with American players? LOL typical leafs fan thinking they are superior to anyone else. How is that Brad Richards signing working out for you guys? Oh right, the RANGERS GOT HIM and didnt even need to "show up" to the bidding and got him for CHEAPER. LOL

If the Rangers want someone and have the cap space, they are contenders. Maybe wont mean they will "GET EM" but you cant discount the fact they are Original 6, play in NEW YORK CITY, and have a GREAT TEAM THATS UP AND COMING. We have NO Goalie Issues, have a great first line center, great scorer in Gaborik, great leader in Callahan, have a great defense, and a hell of a second line.. OUr fourth line is pretty decent too. Our third is OK.

I am not advocating for Parise. But to say the Rangers are OUT OF IT because your beloved moron GM who babbles his mouth off when he should be shutting up and eating humble pie, likes american players is absurd. NYR likes american players too. And guess what? WE PLAY IN AMERICA.
You just got trolled buddy. Meagan Fox is the biggest troll on this board. There's a reason why so many people have him blocked.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:42 PM
  #35
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 24,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
It doesn't matter.

Parise wants the Leafs and the Leafs probably want Parise. He'll take five years at 7.5 per and that's all there is to it.
I will leave these forums forever, if Parise signs with Toronto.

Whens the last time a Big FA ever went to Toronto.

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
  #36
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
I will leave these forums forever, if Parise signs with Toronto.

Whens the last time a Big FA ever went to Toronto.
Mike Komisarek?


Or prize of the off-season, Tim Connolly!

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:45 PM
  #37
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,208
vCash: 500
megan fox has toe thumbs


Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
  #38
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'll bet you a Caps Lock button that he isn't playing for Toronto or New York next year.
Oh I COMPLETELY agree. Dont get me wrong. Thats why my first post in this thread said NEW JERSEY and had the "help sign" because I thought it was so painfully obvious he will be with New jersey.

But if you want to talk about a bidding war breaking out, you cant discount the Rangers especially because the player can keep his u in either nyc or new jersey (wherever his house is located) and STILL get paid big dough and play for the rangers.

But again, IT AINT HAPPENING. But to discard them by a Leafs fan because Burke likes American players is absurd to say the least

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
  #39
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin
 
Darrelle Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 500
He'll get a huge offer from the Rangers, but I bet Parise will stay with the Devils.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
  #40
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
megan fox has toe thumbs

THAT IS NASTY. Shes off MY list.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
  #41
FlamesFan18
Registered User
 
FlamesFan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 945
vCash: 500
If he were a center Flames would be all over him. But with Iggy and Tanguay taking the wings on our first line I cant see him wanting to come to Calgary.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
  #42
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,440
vCash: 50
I would guess the most prominent teams legitimately interested would be:

NYR
TOR
BOS
LA
MTL
MIN

Possibly interested:

WSH
TBL
COL
NYI

Every team in the NHL would want Parise on their roster, but I would expect him to go to one of the teams on the first list - if he doesn't stay with NJ, of course, which is what I think will happen.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
  #43
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
THAT IS NASTY. Shes off MY list.
how will she survive.....

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
  #44
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
You just got trolled buddy. Meagan Fox is the biggest troll on this board. There's a reason why so many people have him blocked.
Thank you duly noted. He/she/it is going on IGNORE. Thanks.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
  #45
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
I swear to god, if Parise ends up on the Rangers... I'm driving down to Newark and ***** slap Lou so hard he'll start growing hair again.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:53 PM
  #46
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I swear to god, if Parise ends up on the Rangers... I'm driving down to Newark and ***** slap Lou so hard he'll start growing hair again.
LOL.

I was listening the Xm channel 92 today and they were talking about how Lou Lam' is and how he is not such a great capologist. How Bobby Clarke realized how the NHL was becoming with the Cap and how he was not good with cap type numbers and got out of the league. They were saying Lou Lam' should do the same or get a GOOD capologist on their team.

Now I am not saying thats MY opinion. I am just saying what XM NHL Channel 92 was saying today during the afternoon talk before they played the 20016 Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final between Carolina and Edmonton.

Just sayin.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:57 PM
  #47
threeVo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
is parise really good friends with drew stafford?

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
  #48
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny
 
Koobs11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
I would love for the Isles to sign him but that isnt going to happen, I would love for him to Join the Wild and really help them out and return home

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:03 PM
  #49
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moon
Country: United States
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
With the cap space that we have coming off the books and the cap space we saved this year i think that Montreal would be highly interested.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
  #50
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
LOL.

I was listening the Xm channel 92 today and they were talking about how Lou Lam' is and how he is not such a great capologist. How Bobby Clarke realized how the NHL was becoming with the Cap and how he was not good with cap type numbers and got out of the league. They were saying Lou Lam' should do the same or get a GOOD capologist on their team.

Now I am not saying thats MY opinion. I am just saying what XM NHL Channel 92 was saying today during the afternoon talk before they played the 20016 Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final between Carolina and Edmonton.

Just sayin.
Anyone who thinks Lou is still a top GM is smoking something good.

The Devils currently spend over 18M on Left Wingers, and that's not including a 4th line LW.

As everyone knows the LW is the most crucial position in hockey.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.