HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Toronto

Old
08-03-2011, 09:45 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

vCash: 500
I use to love Komi, now he go pound salt.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Finnish your Czech
BestPosterAvailable

vCash: 50
we have the cap space for this season, so it would be pointless to move him out, however we can either:

1) buy him out which would cost us ~2mil for 2 years + 1.66 mil for 2 years, which isn't TOO bad
2) He regains his value by bouncing back, and we can move him for a 3rd rounder, or a cheaper dman
3) He continues to play like a #5 dman, but since he has a lower salary than cap hit by 1mil, then 2mil, we can trade him to a team trying to reach the cap floor for a conditional 7th

Now is not the time to move Komi. Injuries are inevitable, and to have someone like Komi step in, and replace someone is a great luxury. He also has potential to bounce back.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Honestly man I got to thinking about it and I think he could potentially be better than Spacek this year if given the right circumstance. He just wasn't ever a fit in TO. He's been proven with Markov in the past. It's one of those high risk high reward moves. It isn't like Kovalev who is in his late 30s.

I'm not saying I would do it, just saying I think it's a deal some people might actually consider.
Why not let the Leafs keep Komi and spend some of the money Komi would take on Hannan? We have the cap space this year, and get to watch Spacek go next year for some cap room to sign Subban and Price. Getting Komi would hurt us long term far more than Spacek hurts us currently.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:11 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
i would rather give komi another shot, people think he is done and over with

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 05:56 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Some people, aka leafs fans, might consider this but I sure as hell would not and I doubt Gauthier would either which is more important.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Some people, aka leafs fans, might consider this but I sure as hell would not and I doubt Gauthier would either which is more important.
Give up a pick to clear up cap space that we currently don't need? why would any fan do that? might as well hold onto him and hope he either regains value or in the worst case scenario send him to the minors. Money is the last thing that concerns Leafs management or the fans. We're talking about the Leafs here a.k.a the richest team in the league.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Woll Smoth

Leafs say hell no.

Leafs aren't in cap trouble, there are no good FA's left to spend on, it'll be easier to trade Komi without giving up so much next year when he makes 3.5mil actual $$, chance to improve upon last season.

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Komisarek is not THAT bad. Decent proposal but I think Toronto would prefer to hold onto him.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I would pass from the Habs' POV.

Spacek has been a better player than Komisarek the last couple seasons. This is not saying much, and having one player or the other on your bottom pairing probably doesn't make any tangible difference in the standings.

There is a small chance that Spacek could be better than he has been to date as a Hab, if he gets past his vertigo or string of health ailments and finds a groove of some sort, but at his age, this is not likely. There has to be a better chance that Komisarek rebounds... if not to his All-Star game level, then at least to being a solid and sometimes intimidating shot-blocking shut-down defender again. A guy legitimately worth $2-3M, say.

So Spacek > Komisarek, very slightly, in recent play.

Komisarek > Spacek in terms of "upside"/rebound-potential

I'd look past those two factors and let the decision be based on contract status alone. When Spacek's deal expires next summer, I'll look forward to seeing the Habs use that cap space effectively. I won't want to see another $4.5M burden tied around our necks for another 2 years instead. It's not worth the risk. If Komisarek does rebound, so be it, but I'd still feel like I could spend that $4.5M well on the open market, so I don't lose anything if I do pass up and he bounces back. (Well, I lose the draft pick in the trade proposal, no biggie, not worth the risk factor involved).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

There is no way that I would do this from a Habs' POV. Komisarek, since his fight with Lucic, has never been the same... not counting his salary! I wouldn't want him if they gave him to us. Pass.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 08:53 AM
otto bond

Komisarek took a ride next to Markov and did all the dirty work defensively wile Markov moved the puck out and swiftly.
It was a match made in heaven and it worked till one day, Lucic took a run at Komisarek, Almost pope that shoulder right then and there or maybe his hip.
They went at it and even during the PO but Komisarek had the last laugh that year and we moved on wile the Bs wen golfing.
That was not enough for ego maniac Komisarek....he needed to prove something and we all know what happen....pope goes the shoulder, confidence and soon after, he trades his Hab jersey for the Leafs' one.
I would like to take him back but I think he can never get back up to where he was 4 fricking years ago and at 4.5 cap hit, that's a lot and for 3 more years and with that bang up shoulder not a chance....the ship has sailed IMO.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 09:15 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
Yeah, because it's such a nightmare having Komi around considering he's 7th on our depth chart and barely plays, and when he does it's sheltered minutes and he honestly plays at a typical bottom-pairing level. People just freak out at his cap hit, but that doesn't matter because the Leafs can obviously afford it and don't have a player on our line-up due for a significant raise outside of maybe Grabovski if he has another good year. We really have no need for cap space at this point.

So you're essentially asking us to give up a pick, up to a 2nd rounder, for nothing. That would be "proposterous" from any fanbase.
Leafs fans not caring about a 4.5 million player that isnt capable of playing on their lineup and no need for cap space because theres no one to hire, unreal!

its a sad state of affairs...

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
wedge

no thanks. no need for Komisarek now. we need the money to resign price and subban next summer. at least spacek won't be on our payroll anymore.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Finnish your Czech
BestPosterAvailable

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
Leafs fans not caring about a 4.5 million player that isnt capable of playing on their lineup and no need for cap space because theres no one to hire, unreal!

its a sad state of affairs...
... There is no one to hire, and we have enough cap space if we are making a trade for a high salary forward.

If we're moving komi, it's next season.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

No way for MTL, I rather keep Spacek for this season, and throw 4M on someone how like Tim Gleason rather than spending it on Komisarek.

But I'll tell you this, if the Leafs ever want to bury Komisarek in the AHL, we'll give you a 7th pick just to make sure he spends his AHL days in Hamilton not Toronto

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Volcanologist
Used Register

I don't think the leafs will be paying picks to dump Komi. there is no pressing need for cap space as Burke won't be bringing in any more expensive free agents. it's a bad contract, but not one Burke is in a desperate rush to get rid of.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 11:51 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Why would Montreal want his sorry ass back??
No thanks

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote