HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Transitioning Ice to Inline and skate question

Old
08-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Transitioning Ice to Inline and skate question

Hey guys I have a question, I just a started playing roller again after about a 7 year hiatus(still playing ice though) and I'm having a tough time transitioning back to roller. Basically just with the skating(turning, crossing over, ect.) Is there anyone out there who also made this transition that could also help out?

Also a skate question, for ice I'm using Vapor 25's and going back to roller I've used Mission Wicked 7's but they feel like cinder blocks on my feet and just very clunky. Is there a reasonably priced skate out there that mimic's an ice skate that will help me out weight wise?

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:04 AM
hskates21*

I remember when I went from ice to roller I feel down so much

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:54 AM
AIREAYE

What do you mean when you say 'mimic an ice skate' ?

If you like the Vapor XXV's, they should be on clearance at most if not all places and you could look at buying another pair and converting them to roller using your chassis/wheel from your Missions (assuming the holes line up, this should be something done at your LHS)

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
What do you mean when you say 'mimic an ice skate' ?
If you like the Vapor XXV's, they should be on clearance at most if not all places and you could look at buying another pair and converting them to roller using your chassis/wheel from your Missions (assuming the holes line up, this should be something done at your LHS)
like back in the day it was the v-form or whatever it was called that tilted the wheels in, since the wheels are so wide compared to a blade is there anything to out there to mimic that blade feel on the rink.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 09:07 AM
AIREAYE

Don't know much about roller so we'll wait for a more knowledgeable person to chime in here.

I'm sure you already know but just make sure your hardness rating on your wheels match up with the way you skate and your weight. (Harder wheels for heavier players etc.)

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote