HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey Workout

Old
08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
RoeperRoger

vCash: 500
Hockey Workout

Hey Everyone I'm trying this new workout I found. I never tried Periodization so it intrigue me try it out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi52.htm

Was wondering if anyone has tried it yet and has any thoughts or anything to add to it thanks

RoeperRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeperRoger View Post
Hey Everyone I'm trying this new workout I found. I never tried Periodization so it intrigue me try it out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi52.htm

Was wondering if anyone has tried it yet and has any thoughts or anything to add to it thanks
Not sure how new it is....sounds like this is something from 10 years ago.

Good luck with it though.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 06:09 PM
chickennecker

The workout itself is OK, but i love the conditioning of the second phase. I actually recommeneded that in a post from a few days ago about fatigued legs. Doing those 3 conditioning workouts on a bike or elliptical really did help me. Personally I did the 1st and 2nd phases and liked it but there are def. better workouts you can do but if you put in the time with this you will see results.

chickennecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It looks incredibly intense, lots of hours in the gym. Reading ExRx.net, they prescribe no more than a couple sets per exercise. Interesting they link to studies that show that doing more than one set only gives up to 5% more gains.

I'd be interested to see what the conventional lifting theory would be in 20 years. Will it be higher rep, lower weight, higher sets...or will it be higher weight, fewer reps, fewer sets?

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote