HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The how good were they thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2004, 06:55 AM
Super Reverse Homer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
The how good were they thread

After asking about McSorely last time, I realize there were more players in my younger days that I got to watch only sporadically, and were never quite familiar with what sort of players or how good they actually were. So if y'all don't mind I still have these players I want opinions of.

Russ Courtnall
Geoff Courtnall
Brian Bellows
Craig Muni
Dave Hunter
Don Beaupre
Blaine Lacher

Old
08-07-2004, 09:14 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpenguin
After asking about McSorely last time, I realize there were more players in my younger days that I got to watch only sporadically, and were never quite familiar with what sort of players or how good they actually were. So if y'all don't mind I still have these players I want opinions of.

Russ Courtnall
Geoff Courtnall
Brian Bellows
Craig Muni
Dave Hunter
Don Beaupre
Blaine Lacher
Russ Courtnall - great speed, among the fastest players in the game while he played. Not the greatest hands.

Geoff Courtnall - Didn't have his brothers speed, but had the far better hands. Big part of Canucks playoff run in 1994. Best years were had in Washington.

Brian Bellows - Didn't quite live up to the billing he had coming out of Jr's as the 2nd overall pick, but had a very solid career. Not the greatest wheels, but a very consistant goal scorer for a decade. Had a great playoffs for the North Stars to help knoock off league powers Chicago and St. Louis on the way to the Finals.

Dave Hunter - Good physical, grinding type winger. Think a Darren McCarty .. with a bit less skilled.

Craig Muni - Big, solid defensive defenseman. Unspectacular, but usually got the job done.

Don Beaupre - Stand-up angle goalie, more of a journeyman. Rarely an undisputed #1 goalie. Had one good playoff run with the North Stars and another in Washington.

Blaine Lacher - Great college goalie. Led Lake Superior St. to an NCAA title. Had a good rookie season with the Bruins, during the lockout shortened season. The following year the Bruins traded for Bill Ranford, and that was essentially the end of Lacher's career.

Old
08-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Thanks. What happened to Lacher after the shortened season? Did anyone else sign him?

Closed Thread