Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob McCown - "Three current Winnipeg Jets players want out"

Old
08-06-2011, 01:15 PM
wilty00

vCash: 1004
Three pages of people attacking McCown and I can count on one hand the amount of people who actually entertained the idea that it might be true.

wilty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Jets4Life

vCash: 500
I can actually believe what McCowan was saying about housing, although he is not exactly correct when he says there is hardly any nice upper class housing in Winnipeg. Judging by from what I learned when I lived in Calgary, it seems most players and ex-players prefer to live in larger lots outside the city (especially between calgary and Cochrane).

I can see many Winnipeg Jets looking at places like West St. Paul, River Road area in St. Andrews, East St Paul, and other areas that are in the Winnipeg CMA, but not in the city proper. I know there is a very low housing vacancy rate now, but I'm sure the players can find something in an area with almost 800,000 people.

Jets4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 02:22 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
He is highly critical of the NHL and it's business practices as well as the current direction of the league in general.
You should have heard him earlier this week after he had interviewed Ed Snider, owner of the Flyers. Called him a bore and was sort of making fun of him. Of course after the interview when Snider couldn't hear him say it.

I listen to PTS mostly because of Bobcats (McCowan's nickname for himself) personality. He's a caustic sort of fellow and acts like someone would who is the leader in his field in the country. He does't take too much bull from anyone. And if you really upset him you're in the famous Bobcat "Black Book". Josť Bautista made it there afew weeks ago for being late for an interview. Gary Bettman pi$$ed him off a couple years ago because he wouldn't answer some pointed questions and ever since he's been in the Black Book, never to appear on the show again. Of course Bettman hates his guts too, so the feelings are mutual.

You guys need to get a bit of a thicker skin about this so called attack on Winnipeg. If you listen to the segment it started as a discussion of the Islanders plight. Some of the panelists on the Friday round table mentioned that a whole lot of players don't want to play in Nassau because of the poorly run organization. Then they talked about other places (Edmonton was one of the examples) and that is when McCowan brought up Winnipeg and the supposed 3 players not wanting to come here. So that talk wasn't an attack on Winnipeg as much as it was a discussion about players not wanting to play in certain environments. If you listen to the bit, you'll hear Elliotte Friedman mention that Mark Chipman knows that he has to create the right environment for players to want to come to Winnipeg. Other generic statements about the conditions players wanted, giving Detroit as an example and saying the winning always solves everything.

I'd hate hear what people say about McCowan on soccer boards. He absolutely hates everything about soccer and is always making fun of it anytime he gets a chance.

This thread is really much ado nothing.

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 08-06-2011 at 02:34 PM.
AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 02:29 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
If that is indeed the case I certainly take back my comment regarding him. I honestly just thought it was something he did to boost his ego even more. I still think he's a bit of a goof but that's just me, consider it personal taste in regards to tv/radio if you will.
It's true, as I had mentioned before.

Old
08-06-2011, 02:39 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Bob McCown dresses most of the time as if he is headed out for a night at the disco in Miami... in 1982. That should invalidate pretty much all that he says, or at least it should. He excels at the all sports format because a tacit knowledge of any individual sports in not required when discussing them in such an ancillary fashion.

I'm actually thinking of changing my username to BobMcCown'sHairpiece.
could you post a pic of yourself so we can see how the "acceptable" people dress..........and hey gumper you've already desecrated two of the greats no need to add McCown to the list..perhaps Gagas0wnGoebbels might be more appropriate if it's all about the cool

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 02:48 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
You should have heard him earlier this week after he had interviewed Ed Snider, owner of the Flyers. Called him a bore and was sort of making fun of him. Of course after the interview when Snider couldn't hear him say it.

This thread is really much ado nothing.
Was it untrue? Snider almost made my head explode, talk about 9 minutes of nothing piled on more nothing, sheesh! Oh and don't worry Snider heard him loud and clear, as his minions would've been listening after he was pushed off the island. This is the same Bobcat who called Bettman a liar on the air

and yeah you're right about the thread much ado bout nuthin

btw and somewhat OT "the hotline" would've torn up the NHL in their day

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Bob McCown's words don't upset me in the least. If an Antropov or a Hainsey (for example) does not want to play here, then they are welcome to not report.

I don't find it upsetting that some players may feel this way about Winnipeg, rather, I find it refreshing that TNSE can easily identify them internally and dispatch them elsewhere at the appropriate time. The future in Winnipeg will be dictated by kids like Scheifele and Lowry, not by players that would prefer not to be here.

Hopefully one of these players that supposedly doesn't want to be here will soon be replaced by someone with an attitude more like this...
http://shawnmullin.wordpress.com/201...ry-guest-blog/

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
This is the same Bobcat who called Bettman a liar on the air
Unfortunately, that was before I got hooked onto PTS. But I would have LOVED to have heard that program. Classic.

Quote:
Hopefully one of these players that supposedly doesn't want to be here will soon be replaced by someone with an attitude more like this...
Okay folks, let's get positive and start a 4 page thread on this statement made by Adam Lowry...

"Becoming a member of the JETS organization was something I was extremely excited about. Being able to experience the thrill that their fans have because their team is returning is something I am very excited about."

As Monty Python sang, "always look on the bright side of life, da dedum, dum, dum, dum..."

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 08-06-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old
08-06-2011, 03:48 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Great interview with Chevy by Swift Current Broncos Play by Play Broadcaster Shawn Mullin on the next page of that blog.

http://shawnmullin.wordpress.com/201...m-talks-lowry/

Old
08-06-2011, 05:20 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Welcome to a Canadian market I'm assuming here (forgive me if I am incorrect) that you are from Atlanta. Go visit any of the other Canadian team's forums. We are insane about hockey, and our home towns. There are going to be plenty of moments of insanity here.

It won't take long for the glow of having a team back wears off and we are being hypercritical of everyone and everything to do with this team.

Don't worry, Jets fans are EXTREMELY familiar with losing.

My only regret from my comments yesterday is that I was perhaps a little bit harsh. I am fiercely protective of Winnipeg and that will NEVER change. I've travelled all over North America, have lived in several other cities and know where this town stacks up.

The people who really annoy me are people who comment without any REAL knowledge of this place. The player comment was meant to convey that anyone who is so simple minded as to reject somewhere out of hand without even knowing anything about it can take a hike afaic.

Yes, I'm from Atlanta and yes, I know about the Canadian markets, and yes, the insane love-hate in pro sports exists here too, only not with hockey so I know the deal.

I'm semi-sarcastic when I infer, "Here we go" about the team in Winnipeg.

The love was immediate but the bubbling leading to boiling up is starting sooner than I figured, lol. At least wait until the team blows a third period, 3 goal lead to Edmonton again

Not trying to offend anyone, just on the outside looking in, I think I'm going to get a lot of kernals stuck in my teeth this winter, lol.

PS...anyone hear from Toby?

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 08-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.
ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
davemac1313

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post

Yes, I'm from Atlanta and yes, I know about the Canadian markets, and yes, the insane love-hate in pro sports exists here too, only not with hockey so I know the deal.

I'm semi-sarcastic when I infer, "Here we go" about the team in Winnipeg.

The love was immediate but the bubbling leading to boiling up is starting sooner than I figured, lol. At least wait until the team blows a third period, 3 goal lead to Edmonton again

Not trying to offend anyone, just on the outside looking in, I think I'm going to get a lot of kernals stuck in my teeth this winter, lol.

PS...anyone hear from Toby?
I dunno....Winnipeg has somehow become....ALL ABOUT WINNIPEG....creepy almost leaf-like.

No doubt that the first blown lead will turn to allot of GRRR'S....
BUT for the first time, maybe in forever, Winnipeg no longer permeates with the smell of people believing they are victims of something, they believe in themselves.

The Football team was 4-14 last year, yet they sell a record number of ST this year (and pack the stadium every game), the Jets virtually sellout in minutes, at above average NHL ticket prices, I might add. They are even cheering on and supporting the Ice Caps with pride, this ain't your momma's Winnipeg!!

This NOW is WINnipeg. the karma has become real...it is scary looking from the outside. To steal a phrase....Swaggerville.

I am "WOW" in awe, I know this town...where'd they get the balls?? It's real and if TNSE has the foresight they will bring these guys here early and take them down to Swagger Manor to see what the city is about. This was a loser football team that wore the city's moniker, rather than get down on 4-14, they rose and filled the seats on behalf of the city and have played a huge part in elevating the team to 5-1 TY.

I believe that the JETS will win games BECAUSE of the fans and the city. This will be the most exciting atmosphere in the NHL. Sit back, relax and shake your head in awe when the team skates onto the ice in October......Win or Lose.....they will leave the ice knowing where they are and what it means to be from/a part of Winnipeg. The city is Electric Everywhere. I moved away years ago and recently visited, the whole attitude/mantra/sentiment of the city is different. There is no inferiority complex there...it is now a @#$%'em if they don't wanna be a winner perspective.

Forget the popcorn....get beer...there's gonna be lotsa celebrating if your a JETS fan, this is WINNERpeg now.....do ya feel the Swagger?

davemac1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:37 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac1313 View Post
I dunno....Winnipeg has somehow become....ALL ABOUT WINNIPEG....creepy almost leaf-like.

BUT for the first time, maybe in forever, Winnipeg no longer permeates with the smell of people believing they are victims of something, they believe in themselves.

The Football team was 4-14 last year, yet they sell a record number of ST this year (and pack the stadium every game), the Jets virtually sellout in minutes, at above average NHL ticket prices, I might add. They are even cheering on and supporting the Ice Caps with pride, this ain't your momma's Winnipeg!!

This NOW is WINnipeg. the karma has become real...it is scary looking from the outside. To steal a phrase....Swaggerville.

I am "WOW" in awe, I know this town...where'd they get the balls?? It's real and if TNSE has the foresight they will bring these guys here early and take them down to Swagger Manor to see what the city is about. This was a loser football team that wore the city's moniker, rather than get down on 4-14, they rose and filled the seats on behalf of the city and have played a huge part in elevating the team to 5-1 TY.

I believe that the JETS will win games BECAUSE of the fans and the city. This will be the most exciting atmosphere in the NHL. Sit back, relax and shake your head in awe when the team skates onto the ice in October......Win or Lose.....they will leave the ice knowing where they are and what it means to be from/a part of Winnipeg. The city is Electric Everywhere. I moved away years ago and recently visited, the whole attitude/mantra/sentiment of the city is different. There is no inferiority complex there...it is now a @#$%'em if they don't wanna be a winner perspective.

Forget the popcorn....get beer...there's gonna be lotsa celebrating if your a JETS fan, this is WINNERpeg now.....do ya feel the Swagger?
Enjoyed this post! I have to agree, that people around town seem more upbeat. Our city is doing great, NHL is back, first in the CFL, a real estate market that don't slow down, a nice summer with no skeeters and plenty of solid infrastructure being built to make the city a better place. Im not hearing anyone talking about leaving our city as much as I used to so its a great time to be a pegger!

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Yeah I honestly don't see what would be so wrong about playing in Winnipeg. Passionate fans... the city has a reputation of being pretty friendly while everybody will know who you are. Even if you don't like the climate (hottest summers, coldest winters), players don't spend tons of time in the city they are based in anyways. Sure, the nightlife "scene" won't be huge because Winnipeg isn't .. but you'll be the biggest attraction everywhere you go.

The best word to describe Winnipeg to a young player would be "fun".

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:

Pretty much man. The Peg been on the upswing for a while, and the breakthrough is happening right now. Jets are back, Bombers don't suck, downtown developments, solid weather, no mosquitos etc. Basically the best summer in Winnipeg history. There's been some sweet shows as well

Old
08-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Crazed Fan

Good on ya davemac.

Love this city.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:50 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Just for laughs, who could these players be?

-not Ladd or Wheeler, both just re-signed with us.
-not Kane, Mason, Byfuglien, Pavelec, Enstrom, Stapleton, Burmistrov, Slater, Hainsey or Cormier, who have all publicly commented positively/favorably to the prospect of playing in Winnipeg.
-not Fehr or Gregoire, because they're Winnipeggers.

That leaves Bogosian (hasn't re-signed yet), Oduya (hasn't played well since he left New Jersey), Antropov, Stuart, Thorburn and prospects.
One thing we in Atlanta had to come to grips with, sooner or later, are that players will say pretty much anything good publicly while they're in your market. They may not necessarily be completely honest when they say it.

When they're out of your market, all bets are off. Batten the hatches, because bombs (like Heatley being "happy to play in a real market" after his trade to Ottawa) could very well fly.

Just a little food for thought. Some players may be genuinely happy, like Chris Mason. Others may be saying what they are for the fans.

Perhaps by showing the unhappy players that they'll be treated far differently by management in Winnipeg than they were in Atlanta, they'll soften their positions a bit and wish to remain.

Time will tell, but it's not exactly a ridiculous assertion to say a few players are unhappy. I'm sure some of them expected to play here next year, after all.

dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
Great interview with Chevy by Swift Current Broncos Play by Play Broadcaster Shawn Mullin on the next page of that blog.

http://shawnmullin.wordpress.com/201...m-talks-lowry/

Thanks for posting this!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
One thing we in Atlanta had to come to grips with, sooner or later, are that players will say pretty much anything good publicly while they're in your market. They may not necessarily be completely honest when they say it.

When they're out of your market, all bets are off. Batten the hatches, because bombs (like Heatley being "happy to play in a real market" after his trade to Ottawa) could very well fly.

Just a little food for thought. Some players may be genuinely happy, like Chris Mason. Others may be saying what they are for the fans.

Perhaps by showing the unhappy players that they'll be treated far differently by management in Winnipeg than they were in Atlanta, they'll soften their positions a bit and wish to remain.

Time will tell, but it's not exactly a ridiculous assertion to say a few players are unhappy. I'm sure some of them expected to play here next year, after all.
That's fair. I'm sure a lot of players are feeling uncertain at best about moving to Winnipeg, and dreading it at worst.

Change sucks. Winnipeg winters suck. We know this.

As a Jets fan all I ask is that players give it an honest effort. If they try out winnipeg and decide they can't stand it here, well, it's not for everyone. But if players make that honest effort to get to know the city I do think most (though not all) will enjoy their time in the Peg.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:16 PM
hockey momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
These players don't want 4-5-6 million dollar mansions. Not sure why people are concerned about "upscale" housing. Remember, this team is full of players under the age of thirty and they are millionaires but not making eight million a year. $500,000 - $850,000 condos would be more to their liking.
I am hearing guys are having a hard time finding rental condos. Most don't want to buy in Winnipeg. Maybe the team should buy a block of condos and rent them out to the players, just a thought.

hockey momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:04 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:

This is a great post and does kind of capture the mood that has been building in Winnipeg for about the past 3 to 5 years and culminated with us getting back into the NHL and has carried on into this "best summer ever" to be from the Peg!

I think we will look back and say a turning point was that when the Jets 1.0 left it didn't kill us. Slowly over the 15 years our city hung on then we started to grow. we built the ball park, built the MTS centre and it was very successful. Our cities population increased it's growth rate, allot of people began moving back and the usual negative comments and inferiority complex issues began to slow and a new dialogue started to compete for airtime. As it became more costly to live in the Vancouver's, Toronto's, and Calgary's all of a sudden Winnipeg started to make more sense. We still lost people and had our detractors but we began to have more people who believed and more importantly would feel comfortable saying it in public. It had kind of become cool to like Winnipeg and this was before we got the NHL.

Davemac I am sitting in Your town at my cottage tonight and completely agree with your post.....best quote is "this ain't your momma's Winnipeg". Case in point last year at the office the bombers were 4-14 and people were kind of pumped with them?????? they were saying we are pretty good we have just lost allot of close ones?? I had to run out and check my license plate and make sure i was in the right province.

It's never been a better time to be from the Peg and I get we ain't New York but here is the key we aren't the old Winnipeg anymore either.....our best days are no longer around the turn of the last century our best days are ahead of us ...new NHL team, new football stadium, new museum, new and improved Zoo on the way, new airport, SHED development and real downtown change and that is just the beginning. Peter Sullivan could tell you better but our population growth is exceeding expectations and at a perfect pace IMHO "controlled growth"

All this might seem strange if you are from another city....it may seem weird for us to be talking about this but if you are from the Peg you get it......this renaissance is about away more than a Hockey team, that has just been a force multiplier for a movement that has been building for some time!

There has always been pride in Winnipeg but most people kept it in the closet.....for once there is a collective pride that is being worn on our sleeves and I think it is really healthy for the City. It's not going away either, we have left some demons behind and although there will be detractors, they exist in every city, but now, finally, they will be the marginalized few in our city that have been replaced by the proud majority

not just the Jets 2.0 but more importantly Winnipeg 2.0

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:18 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

I was in Winnipeg this past weekend, nothings changed...still the same as how I remember it. Your choice if you want to live there, no one is stopping you from doing so.

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:36 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
This is a great post and does kind of capture the mood that has been building in Winnipeg for about the past 3 to 5 years and culminated with us getting back into the NHL and has carried on into this "best summer ever" to be from the Peg!

I think we will look back and say a turning point was that when the Jets 1.0 left it didn't kill us. Slowly over the 15 years our city hung on then we started to grow. we built the ball park, built the MTS centre and it was very successful. Our cities population increased it's growth rate, allot of people began moving back and the usual negative comments and inferiority complex issues began to slow and a new dialogue started to compete for airtime. As it became more costly to live in the Vancouver's, Toronto's, and Calgary's all of a sudden Winnipeg started to make more sense. We still lost people and had our detractors but we began to have more people who believed and more importantly would feel comfortable saying it in public. It had kind of become cool to like Winnipeg and this was before we got the NHL.

Davemac I am sitting in Your town at my cottage tonight and completely agree with your post.....best quote is "this ain't your momma's Winnipeg". Case in point last year at the office the bombers were 4-14 and people were kind of pumped with them?????? they were saying we are pretty good we have just lost allot of close ones?? I had to run out and check my license plate and make sure i was in the right province.

It's never been a better time to be from the Peg and I get we ain't New York but here is the key we aren't the old Winnipeg anymore either.....our best days are no longer around the turn of the last century our best days are ahead of us ...new NHL team, new football stadium, new museum, new and improved Zoo on the way, new airport, SHED development and real downtown change and that is just the beginning. Peter Sullivan could tell you better but our population growth is exceeding expectations and at a perfect pace IMHO "controlled growth"

All this might seem strange if you are from another city....it may seem weird for us to be talking about this but if you are from the Peg you get it......this renaissance is about away more than a Hockey team, that has just been a force multiplier for a movement that has been building for some time!

There has always been pride in Winnipeg but most people kept it in the closet.....for once there is a collective pride that is being worn on our sleeves and I think it is really healthy for the City. It's not going away either, we have left some demons behind and although there will be detractors, they exist in every city, but now, finally, they will be the marginalized few in our city that have been replaced by the proud majority

not just the Jets 2.0 but more importantly Winnipeg 2.0

Damn straight.

Old
08-07-2011, 12:37 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
I was in Winnipeg this past weekend, nothings changed...still the same as how I remember it. Your choice if you want to live there, no one is stopping you from doing so.
The "city" change is in development. The attitude change is quite obvious.

Old
08-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Fact: the overwhelming majority of The Jets roster is thrilled that they are in Winnipeg, especially since they've been playing in front of small crowds for the past three seasons thanks to the incompetence of Atlanta Spirit.

Fact: there are some guys that did not fit in with Atlanta, and are still "square pegs" (get it???) in Winnipeg. This is not a reflection upon Winnipeg - this is a reflection upon what these players want to achieve.

1.) Bogosian has homesickness and travel sickness issues. He ideally wants to play for a NY team or MTL/OTT/TOR/BOS. Ottawa is closest to his home.

2.) Antropov and his family especially will want to be in a large US city. There could be opportunities in the NY area teams.

3.) Oduya has no future in the organization, and would love to get a chance playing in the top four again if the opportunity is available.

In all of these cases, it has nothing to do with the players actively disliking Winnipeg; although I would say that the type of neighborhood that they lived in as a Thrasher cannot be found in Winnipeg ( most of them were in warm, lush, gated communities on a golf course).

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:11 AM
davemac1313

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Fulgur View Post
Fact: the overwhelming majority of The Jets roster is thrilled that they are in Winnipeg, especially since they've been playing in front of small crowds for the past three seasons thanks to the incompetence of Atlanta Spirit.

Fact: there are some guys that did not fit in with Atlanta, and are still "square pegs" (get it???) in Winnipeg. This is not a reflection upon Winnipeg - this is a reflection upon what these players want to achieve.

1.) Bogosian has homesickness and travel sickness issues. He ideally wants to play for a NY team or MTL/OTT/TOR/BOS. Ottawa is closest to his home.

2.) Antropov and his family especially will want to be in a large US city. There could be opportunities in the NY area teams.

3.) Oduya has no future in the organization, and would love to get a chance playing in the top four again if the opportunity is available.

In all of these cases, it has nothing to do with the players actively disliking Winnipeg; although I would say that the type of neighborhood that they lived in as a Thrasher cannot be found in Winnipeg ( most of them were in warm, lush, gated communities on a golf course).
1)Bogo needs his hand held??.....c'mon..is he a professional or future AHL'er...fine trade him to the leafs....NY? If he needs a big market..he just got one...if he wants one where he can hide...we'll take Yandle and Mclean.

2) Antropov.....we'll take Kadri and a 1st...thank you Brian

3) Oduya....this organization is all about opportunities...you want top 4...earn it....no problem.....

really...are you trying to say that they are a bunch of kids who have issues without ever being in Winnipeg? If that is the case then fine...trade and get some value with guys who WANT TO PLAY, in Winnipeg or anywhere....because they want to be PROS. To me the KHL is calling prima donnas who want it their way.....sorry..these are all lame ass excuses to me.

NY...these guys have been hiding in plain sight for a couple years now they want the spotlight? Andropov couldn't handle it before.... Bogo...I have heard it said that that he struggled last year....yea its all forgiving in those markets for a struggling defenceman....Oduya....loads of skill and finesse...consistency and heart are required on all teams, to be Top 4 anywhere else, you need to show it. You can easily earn Top 4 in camp....try

Sorry.....but all garbage excuses....step up and say, my neighbor says Winnipeg sucks....so trade me or else try the experience. Your paid very well, if its not your gig...man up and say so. Lotsa guys want your opportunity. Homesickness...is this a under 14 team? Bad scouting if that is truly an issue.

davemac1313 is offline   Reply With Quote