Bob McCown - "Three current Winnipeg Jets players want out"

Old
08-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Bogosian is probably waiting to see what kind of contract his comparables (ie. Schenn, Doughty and the recently arbitrated Weber) get before resigning.

IMO, he's going to get the same contract Schenn gets.
Bogosian Ready to Bring It On With Jets

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zach Bogosian is excited about the move from Atlanta to Winnipeg.

The last restricted free agent for the Winnipeg Jets figures itís only a matter of time before he signs a new deal with the Silver and Blue, and sets up shop in the Manitoba capital.

ďIím looking forward to it,Ē Bogosian said Tuesday in Ottawa. ďIíve never been there so I canít comment on the city, but Iíve heard nothing but great things about the city. Iím looking forward to going there.Ē

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/08/0...t-on-with-jets

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
TMussolani

Another Rumor

Couturier didn't get drafted by the Jets because in the interviews before the draft he stated he wouldn't want to play in Winnipeg.

How's that for a rumor?

P.S. I made that up completely. How long before that ends up on the Bob McCown show?

TMussolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:47 PM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post

The last restricted free agent for the Winnipeg Jets figures itís only a matter of time before he signs a new deal with the Silver and Blue, and sets up shop in the Manitoba capital.

ďIím looking forward to it,Ē Bogosian said Tuesday in Ottawa. ďIíve never been there so I canít comment on the city, but Iíve heard nothing but great things about the city. Iím looking forward to going there.Ē

Maybe this will put the Bogo trade rumours to rest. Makes you wonder who the mystical three are if Bogo isn't one of them? I can understand Oduya being one as his contract will not sit well for a 5/6 d-man.

I wanna see Bogo develop and hopefully this latest comment goes a long way to getting him in a Jets jersey. Give him a couple years and then we can make our own opinions of him.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:

I'm looking forward to seeing Bogosian play in Jets colors this winter!

Can we please stop the "Bogo wants out of Winnipeg" rumors?

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:37 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

There we go and thank you for digging this up Puckschmuck!! Music to my ears I am happy Zack is looking forward to his fresh start. These things take time and when Chevy finished the deal with Blake Wheeler he said that he felt Zack's deal would not get done until late august but that it would get done

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:38 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing Bogosian play in Jets colors this winter!

Can we please stop the "Bogo wants out of Winnipeg" rumors?
Yes X 2

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 09:05 AM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Why the heck is Gary Lawless still writing about this one full week after the statement was made? You know, I've been reading posts in this forum claiming that we are no longer living in your fathers Winnipeg, that we are more confident and more assured of ourselves. Yet lawless continues to stir the pot. One outsider makes a statement that is viewed as an attack on our city and we go on forever about it. It really speaks about our doubts about ourselves, our insecurities. Come on folks, let's move on.

And Gary, don't you have anything better to write about? Go break a real hockey story.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...127648968.html

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 08-13-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added link
AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 10:08 AM
KingSalamon

Perhaps this is Gary's insecurity about his own journalistic skills. He wants to generate some buzz with this negative article. Is this due to the lack of Jets news or is it his own old-school Winnipeg mentality? Makes you wonder.

Ah well... I for one, feel quite proud to be a Winnipegger myself!

Old
08-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Primetimey

He dismissed all the points of McCown so I don't understand what is wrong with Gary's article.

Primetimey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 11:32 AM
mondo3

it would have been a much better article if he had spoken with some of the players in question

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 12:28 PM
BrianL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Perhaps this is Gary's insecurity about his own journalistic skills.
Reading Lawless is like listening to a 10 year old tell his classmates what he did over the summer. Just a boring recitation of events with no insights and no style.

BrianL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 12:42 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
McClown is an idiot. So is Gary for adding to the shelf life of this "story".

The only thing new here is Ladd's reaction to the question, esentially; GTFO if you don't like it.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 02:11 PM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
The only thing new here is Ladd's reaction to the question, esentially; GTFO if you don't like it.
And a big AMEN to Ladd for his comment... I think players lose sight of being payed oodles of cash to play a game. The ones who play here will be treated like superstars... if they don't like it, the fans will figure it out and they will be taken care of.

On another note, I 'think' Oduya was in town a week ago. I saw a possible player walking down portage with an TNSE rep and the guy looked like Oduya but was it really him? I dunno... it was a brief glimpse of the guy and quite frankly, there aren't too many african-american people walking around with TNSE reps in all fairness. lol

And speaking of walking past people downtown... before Huddy was hired I remember walking down Portage in front of MTS and there was a guy in a suit waiting for his ride and a TNSE rep came up to him to direct him to Donald Ave to wait for his ride. At the time, I wasn't sure who it was... some bald guy... hell I'm 99% sure it was Huddy! lol

Give it some more time and when I see a Jet player/coach I'll know better. lol Right now they are enjoying some degree of being unrecognized.

Old
08-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Has anybody considered that McCown was correct and that the Jets dealt with the three guys by either release or coming to terms?

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 06:42 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Quote:

On another note, I 'think' Oduya was in town a week ago. I saw a possible player walking down portage with an TNSE rep and the guy looked like Oduya but was it really him? I dunno... it was a brief glimpse of the guy and quite frankly, there aren't too many african-american people walking around with TNSE reps in all fairness. lol
...And even more rare, African-Scandinavians walking around downtown Wpg with TNSE reps.

Old
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 100
Someone had mentioned to me they heard Oduya was in town. Take it with a grain of sand because it was heard from a friend of a friend

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
vivianmb

Andrew Ladd has just became my favorite player in the league.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:37 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

I think its Oduya, Stuart and Antropov, but I say package them up for Zajac

Anyways, off topic, I see Cormier spending his Career with the Jets and becoming Captain and such, just speculating, something like Doan almost.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:59 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Alexander Burmistrov tweet a couple of hours ago....

Burmi8 Alexander Burmistrov
Great news , AUG 30 will come to Winnipeg, so excited )))
4 hours ago

Old
08-15-2011, 12:39 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
I think its Oduya, Stuart and Antropov, but I say package them up for Zajac

Anyways, off topic, I see Cormier spending his Career with the Jets and becoming Captain and such, just speculating, something like Doan almost.
Can't say I see the same future for Cormier. I think he'll be a valuable third liner but not with the skill set to warrant a comparison to Doan. I think Kane is far more likely of a candidate.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:05 AM
dobiezeke*

Lawless is the Dreger of Winnipeg media - pouts when he is not the first to break a story.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Fidel Astro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
...And even more rare, African-Scandinavians walking around downtown Wpg with TNSE reps.
That's more accurate, yes.

Fidel Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Perhaps this is Gary's insecurity about his own journalistic skills. He wants to generate some buzz with this negative article. Is this due to the lack of Jets news or is it his own old-school Winnipeg mentality? Makes you wonder.

Ah well... I for one, feel quite proud to be a Winnipegger myself!
Lawless is not even from Winnipeg and I think has only been here since 2002 or so.

He was against the notion of calling the team the Winnipeg Jets (before Chipman's announcement at the draft) and actually preferred that they go with the Manitoba Moose name instead.

He wasn't around here during the original NHL Jets tenure and admitedly said he never followed them and was a Habs fan.

When Gino Reda from TSN asked Lawless about the Kane-Hull number 9 issue, Lawless barked back, vehemently, saying "this is a new franchise! They will honour the numbers - not retire them!".

Warhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post
Lawless is not even from Winnipeg and I think has only been here since 2002 or so.

He was against the notion of calling the team the Winnipeg Jets (before Chipman's announcement at the draft) and actually preferred that they go with the Manitoba Moose name instead.

He wasn't around here during the original NHL Jets tenure and admitedly said he never followed them and was a Habs fan.

When Gino Reda from TSN asked Lawless about the Kane-Hull number 9 issue, Lawless barked back, vehemently, saying "this is a new franchise! They will honour the numbers - not retire them!".
He was very confrontational on XM radio when the announcement was about to happen, the hosts asked about the bond issue and he started getting angry with it. Probably the worst person to be going on TV and radio to represent Winnipeg sports journalists, since he's more of a sensationalist than anything.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 03:26 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post

I spoke to Gary about a week before the draft, in the height of the "Whats the team name?" frenzy. He was pretty confident that it was going to be Jets at that point. And he certainly made it sound as though he was in favour of it. At one point saying "Obviously it's gotta be the Jet, we're Winnipeg".
He may have prefered Moose but he came off as wanting the team to be the Jets.