HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi-la

Old
08-06-2011, 08:39 PM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I know this puts me somewhat in the minority among Islanders fans, but I personally don't see a problem with splitting AMac and Hamonic. They did play very well together last season, no doubt, but I still think both would benefit from playing with a veteran on their pairing. I would like to see Hamonic with Streit on the top pairing as a strong 2way pairing, and then either of Vlasic or Greene with AMac to form a shutdown pairing. I prefer Vlasic as well, and Greene is not exactly ideal, but I think he would work also.
You have a point Im not against splitting them I just feel like we have somthing that works, sort of like Grabs-neilson-okposo and thats hard to find with this team....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
The Kings are not in a position to subtract from their roster. They're looking to move prospects for help now. If the Isles are interested in one of Martinez, Hickey, Voynov or Muzzin then I think a deal is there to be made. But dealing Greene sets the Kings back.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Why wouldn't they fit together? Streit is a creative offensive defenseman but is still very good defensively. Greene can help him be more creative offensively by having his back on defense. I think they would make a very good pairing. Plus he's a right handed shot, that helps a lot.
good point, and I guess striet could take more chances and pinch in with a reliable dman....

Old
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The Kings are not in a position to subtract from their roster. They're looking to move prospects for help now. If the Isles are interested in one of Martinez, Hickey, Voynov or Muzzin then I think a deal is there to be made. But dealing Greene sets the Kings back.
Whos the most NHL ready out of those???

Old
08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
No thanks.

Martinez and Moller for Comeau sure. Doubt that makes the Isles bite.

Greene is too big of a part of the defense to deal away.
What?!

Maybe it's just cause I'm a Martinez fanboy, but after the promise he show'd in his ROOKIE season, I'd never move him in a deal like that. He's been better than JJ.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Comeau's an RFA again next year. If he has a good year, you can bet Garth signs him to at least a 3 year contract. If he doesn't have a good year he'll be traded by the deadline, Garth isn't going to let him walk as a free agent.
Ahh okay, I see, I wasn't sure how him and the Isles were working the terms

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Martinez had a very solid rookie season, Muzzin showed good promise in the few games he played, and Voynov will most likely be the 7th d-man this year, either him or Muzzin.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Tarpit*

Crazy even to think to trade your biggest and toughest defenseman, what's even crazier is thinking that Hickey or Voynov could fill in for Greene and do the same job he does.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
What?!

Maybe it's just cause I'm a Martinez fanboy, but after the promise he show'd in his ROOKIE season, I'd never move him in a deal like that. He's been better than JJ.
I'd much rather deal Hickey or Muzzin for Comeau but you have to give to get, and as much as Martinez impressed me this year, I'd deal him for a 20 goal scoring winger to complete the top 9.

Old
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Martinez spent most of the year with the Kings last year, Muzzin had a cup of coffee with the Kings to start the year.

Old
08-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Hipster Doofus

Isles have no interest at all in Hickey. None. If they are moving Comeau its packaged for a proven 2-way guy otherwise they will go with deHaan. Greene's value hinges on them wanting a more stay at home guy (which, judging by who they have made runs at, is unlikely). Martinez has interest though if only because he actually played some games at the NHL level and can move the puck.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Anonymous028

~40 games regular season, and the San Jose series under his belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Isles have no interest at all in Hickey. None. If they are moving Comeau its packaged for a proven 2-way guy otherwise they will go with deHaan. Greene's value hinges on them wanting a more stay at home guy (which, judging by who they have made runs at, is unlikely). Martinez has interest though if only because he actually played some games at the NHL level and can move the puck.

Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 06:05 PM
markisonfire

If a package could be worked out based on Martinez+ for Comeau, I would definitely do it. What else would it a take? A pick or prospect? Martinez + 3rd 2012? Martinez + Moller? Martinez + Cliche?

For what it's worth, Martinez basically controlled our second powerplay unit and has a very shoot first mentality. Always got pucks through, which always created rebounds, often leading to goals. Great second or third pairing guy in my opinion.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 07:13 PM
hskates21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
Crazy even to think to trade your biggest and toughest defenseman, what's even crazier is thinking that Hickey or Voynov could fill in for Greene and do the same job he does.
What's even crazier is the concept of trading something of value to get something of value back

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 07:44 PM
SFKingshomer

Id be ok with Martinez + for Comeau because I believe Hickey will surprise at camp and make him expendable. Not sure where that leaves VV

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

After reading everyones comments, how about the following adjustment:

Matt Greene and a 3rd for Blake Comeau and Rhett Rakhshani.

I've added Rhett because the Kings likely could use some winger depth in Manchester this year that can step up to the pro level in cause of injury. If NYI fans feel the 3rd is to low, it can be upgraded to a 2nd, whoever it does seem the general consensus is that Greene's value is slightly higher than Comeau's, thus I feel a 3rd for Rakhshani is likely doable as well.

It seemed most NYI fans would rather have had a pick instead of Richardson, which is why I removed him and put in a 3rd instead.

Thoughts?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Stoll + 3rd for Comeau

if we trade for comeau we can't give up Richarson.
Except we plan to play Loktionov.

Comeau would mean a top 9 and bottom 3
instaed top 6 and bottom 6.
In this case we can't keep Stoll as center because of lack of offfense and hockey skills.

Comeau would mean soemthing like that

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Brown
Parse - Richardson/Loktio/ - Comeau

Clifford - Lewis - speedy, gritty youngster

looks betetr for me than every top6-bottom6 lineup i saw the last days

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
Why do the Islanders need Stoll?

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:39 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
We really dont...We need a top 4 dman and really thats all we are looking for unless an oppurtunity comes up for a winger to play with JT

Old
08-08-2011, 03:45 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Stoll + 3rd for Comeau

if we trade for comeau we can't give up Richarson.
Except we plan to play Loktionov.

Comeau would mean a top 9 and bottom 3
instaed top 6 and bottom 6.
In this case we can't keep Stoll as center because of lack of offfense and hockey skills.

Comeau would mean soemthing like that

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Brown
Parse - Richardson/Loktio/ - Comeau

Clifford - Lewis - speedy, gritty youngster

looks betetr for me than every top6-bottom6 lineup i saw the last days
Stoll is just as valuable as Comeau for different reasons, but I fail to see how a downgrade at center (let's be honest here, Stoll is better than Richardson or Loktionov in a third line role) is for the betterment of the top-9.

Stoll's production will stay around the same I think, even though his minutes are going down. Opposing teams will have to worry about Kopitar and Richards, leaving Stoll with a lot of opportunities. I think there are other ways (that NYI would like more as well) to obtain Comeau.

I would suggest Thomas Hickey + Martin Jones for Comeau, or like I mentioned previously, Martinez and Moller.

It would be foolish for the Kings to get rid of Stoll. Lewis and Richardson are not good enough at faceoffs to take over that third line role. Stoll won 57.5% of his faceoffs last year. Richardson won 50% (and 48% the year before) and Lewis won an abysmal 39%, with Loktionov not far above him at 42%. Whether you like it or not, this team needs Jarret Stoll, and he is pretty well liked in the locker room. Not to mention, he had the greatest statistical shootout performance of all time last year.

Old
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Quattro

Quote:
They don't. Kurrilino just hates him

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
disregard that one.

Martinez+ for Comeau seems like a pretty solid idea.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Reaper45

Seems like the Isles are looking for a PMD with NHL experience, and Martinez fits that bill more than other options out there. With the Kings surplus of defensemen ready for the NHL, it makes a ton of sense.

Old
08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

Quote:
Seems like the Isles are looking for a PMD with NHL experience, and Martinez fits that bill more than other options out there. With the Kings surplus of defensemen ready for the NHL, it makes a ton of sense.
I had this conversation with another Kings fan, there is no way I'd be good with that deal. Martinez wasn't trusted by his coach to average more then 15:16 minutes a game. Comeau is worth much more then that.

Old
08-08-2011, 06:47 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
I had this conversation with another Kings fan, there is no way I'd be good with that deal. Martinez wasn't trusted by his coach to average more then 15:16 minutes a game. Comeau is worth much more then that.

Kings coaches place a puck mover with a defensive defenseman, and the top two puck moving defensemen are Doughty and Johnson. Martinez was third among Kings defensemen in PP TOI/G, and the Kings leaned on him heavily down the stretch. If Doughty - Johnson was a pair, Martinez would probably see top-4 time. It wasn't that Martinez wasn't trusted - it was more of, who are you going to take ice time away from?

Old
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post

Kings coaches place a puck mover with a defensive defenseman, and the top two puck moving defensemen are Doughty and Johnson. Martinez was third among Kings defensemen in PP TOI/G, and the Kings leaned on him heavily down the stretch. If Doughty - Johnson was a pair, Martinez would probably see top-4 time. It wasn't that Martinez wasn't trusted - it was more of, who are you going to take ice time away from?
I don't care who you take ice time from, the point of trading Comeau is to find a top 4 dman who can slide in with Streit for even strength. Mark Streit in the 2009-10 season played a lot with MacDonald and Gervais and they had between 16:40 and 17 minutes of ES ice time with Streit getting 18:41 minutes of even strength time on ice, why should Martinez, a 6th defenseman on the Kings be expected to play more ES time on the top pairing then he did all together last year on the bottom pairing? It's not a good match and even if you add a 3rd or 2nd rounder, the package isn't worth Comeau. Instead of trading for that package they'd be better off signing Scott Hannan.