HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arbitration is only hurting

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Arbitration is only hurting

The headline for NHL on Espn, claims that teams won't be paying their players "X" amount of dollars next season. After following the arbitration for a while I'm starting to notice that everyone's salary has gone up quite a bit. (except for a few) Arbitration doesn't seem to be helping the case for lost revenue to salaries especially when we all know there won't even be a season to bring in any cash. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there looks like there is an end to the nhl but it better be after i'm dead and gone.

Old
08-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Arbitration is taking place under the old CBA and is based upon relative salary relations. As they say in baseball, arbitration puts the team at the whim of the worst mistake of their competition. Arbitration is going to be interesting for the next couple of years because teams will argue that it is a new world, while player reps are going to continue to base their case upon existing contracts that may still be floating around...

basically arbitration cases are going to have a float period where it will take some time to equalize to a new CBA format.

Closed Thread