HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Comeau and Bailey trade idea

Old
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Comeau and Bailey trade idea

As of now, if the Isles are sold on Nino making the roster this year, it looks like Comeau will be the odd man out. Our top-9 would look something like...

PAP - Tavares - Moulson
Okposo - Nielsen - Grabner
Nino - Bailey - Rolston

I don't see the Isles wasting Comeau on the 4th line, so it only makes sense they will try to use him to address their need for a top-4 defender. However, I've seen a lot of Isles fans shooting high with these proposals. Adding Blake with a greater package to bring in a possible top-2 guy. I don't think I'd go that route if I were the Isles. I would probably look to a team like LA and try to work some sort of deal out involving a Comeau for Alec Martinez+ swap. But if I'm the Isles I would try to add enough to where the Kings would be willing to give up their 1st. The Kings are a very young team coming off a playoff appearance, and will probably be open to unloading their 1st if the price was right. Maybe something like...

Comeau, Ullstrom, 2nd in 2012
for
Martinez, 1st in 2012

I know a lot of people will get mad at this idea, saying we need to move on from the draft pick days and start winning, but this plan is basically a combination of both. A few things have to go our way for this plan to work out, but if it does we will have a playoff(or borderline playoff) team with a pretty high draft pick as well.

If I had to guess, I'd say the picks will probably be 15th and 20th. Now, another key to this will be the seasons that Josh Bailey, Frans Nielsen and Casey Cizikas have. These guys are the future as far as our 2nd and 3rd line centers go, IMO, and next year will be crucial for each of them: If Nielsen has another solid year, he will secure himself as the 2nd line center for this team, pretty much regardless of what Bailey does. However, if Bailey has a breakout season and shows that he can be a legit top-6 center in this league, that will do 2 things:

1. Increase his value around the league, and
2. Make him available on the trade market

With Cizikas waiting in the wings as our 3rd line center of the future, the Islanders can afford to deal him off in the right package. Even if the Isles wanted to keep him, with JT needing a new contract and the defense needing repair, it's highly doubtful the Isles will spend big money on their 3rd line center. Now, we tie Bailey in to my main point...

It's clear, probably even moreso now after the "NO" vote, UFAs just aren't going to sign here. Especially not the good ones. With names like Zach Parise and Shea Weber possibly popping up next offseason, we'd be fooling ourselves to think either of these guys would seriously consider coming here. This is even if we make a playoff run. With our future in question, I don't see how any UFA would unless the money is just ridiculous.

Therefor, I think we need to take advantage of the draft ONE more time. We have the offense with guys like JT, Grabner, Okposo, Nino, Strome, Moulson, Nielsen, etc. Our defense is what is in question. Hamonic, MacDonald and de Haan are a nice core, but we need one more legit guy. Even if you include Streit, who I love but who knows how much longer he will A) be here, and B) play at the level he has played with this team so far. We need to shoot for the stars in next year's draft and go for one of Ryan Murray, Nick Ebert, Griffin Reinhart or Jacob Trouba. All 4 of these kids are going to be "elite" defensive prospects and all 4 have top-2 potential(IMO, the first two have "franchise" potential). So, if I'm the Isles I offer out something like this:

Josh Bailey, NYI 1st Round Pick(15th), LAK 1st Round Pick(20th)

...and try to get up into the top-4 or 5. It is conceivable, especially if a team is high on Bailey and has fell for a player expected to go later in the 1st round. Let's say for arguement sake we walk away from this with Nick Ebert. Our defensive core now is: Hamonic, de Haan, MacDonald, Ebert and possibly Martinez. As long as we have those first 4 in our lineup we shouldn't have any problems filling the remaining two spots. Streit will obviously take one, and down the line we could either go with Martinez if he plays well, we could go for the cheap-bottom-pairing UFA, or test our luck with whatever prospect is developing nicely; whether it be Mayfield, Donovan, Kichton, etc. Defense will no longer be considered a weakness for this team.

As far as the loss of Bailey and Comeau hurting us after a deal like this, it could hurt, but as of now both of these guys are playing in bottom-6 roles. It is very possible that both Cizikas and Rakhshani could step into these roles in 2012-13 and not skip a beat. The best part out of all of this is, we could go a very, very long time without signing a high priced UFA and still be a very competitive team. In one to two years, our lineup could look like this:

Strome - Tavares - Moulson
Okposo - Nielsen - Grabner
Niederreiter - Cizikas - Rakhshani/Lee/UFA
Martin - Reasoner - Haley

Streit - Hamonic
de Haan - Ebert
MacDonald - Martinez/Donovan/UFA

Poulin
Montoya/Nilsson

As you can see, the only possible UFA additions are at 3rd line wing and 3rd pairing defense... not exactly tough spots to fill. Either way, I'm sure this is a pipe dream that will never happen, but I'm bored as ***** right now with no hockey and no hockey news to speak of so I figured I'd get all fantastical on your *****. Let me know what you think of the plan, if you think it could work, if you think it could work but will just never happen, or if you just think I'm out of my noodle and are pissed that I typed up something so incredibely long for you to read.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:21 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I don't like any of those ideas to be honest.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
StrongIslanders90

you have done a lot of thinking and planning and Ill give you that....But I think its we are better off trying to trade for an already proven dman.....No question Ebert and the other 2012 dman are highly touted prospects, but thats all they are....Vlasic and Greene are already proven players who would be top 4 on our team.....Also as much as I think La would lovew to have comeau I dont see them giving up a first, and if we would be getting a prospect from them I would want Forbert who there on not letting go..

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:11 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Starting to get tired of listening to the Bailey/Comeau trade proposals. We need to give Bailey one more shot, and Comeau had a career year last year. Why can't we be happy with the team we have now? We played great last season with the exception of that awful losing streak.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
Starting to get tired of listening to the Bailey/Comeau trade proposals.
This isn't even a proposal for a player. It's just a roundabout way to pick in the lottery again... and again... and again.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
islandersfan1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
This isn't even a proposal for a player. It's just a roundabout way to pick in the lottery again... and again... and again.
aka the mike milbury way

islandersfan1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:14 PM
majormet

I honestly think it should be simpler.

Blake Comeau is a player ready to breakout and should be playing on the first line with JT and Moulson.

Our 2nd line is fine with Nielsen/KO/Grabner

3rd line with Nino/Bailey/Rolston

Which leaves Parenteau out.

Vancouver needs to dump salary and the Islanders now have to pay the penalty for gambling on Erhoff and other top 4 guys and get Ballard to pair with Streit. Vancouver with Kesler hurt, needs another forward and PAP is a 50 point scorer and very cheap. It is the perfect type of trade

Parenteau for Ballard.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:38 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

On Comeau for Martinez that is more in line of what we need to do. I'd debate you that we are giving up too much for Martinez, but let's imagine for a second that it is an even forward for defenseman swap, both of whom fit long term goals for both clubs. Ok, that I'd at least consider.

Using LA's 20+ pick, our possibly high end pick, and Bailey to move into the top 5 pick area... no. First off we may get there with a few key injuries anyway. It isn't like we did much upgrading, in fact we lost Radek which is going to hurt. Second, what is your end game? Trading for a teenager to fill a need on defense is not wise. Defense men take time to reach their peaks - which is too long in this case. They need a defenseman who is ready right now to be a top 4. If they do anything it will be trade for a guy in his mid 20s who is established to some degree.

After the Nassau vote, I am not confident they will even do that.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Blake Comeau is a player ready to breakout and should be playing on the first line with JT and Moulson.
Comeau playing with Tavares just hasn't worked.

Old
08-07-2011, 05:28 AM
WangMustGo
NYI

I have an even better idea, lets keep Comeau and Bailey!!! Seems like everyone is ready to toss these guys on the next flight out of town, let them continue to develop, they are crucial to our 3rd line this season, and both have plenty of upside.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 07:55 AM
majormet

Quote:
Comeau playing with Tavares just hasn't worked.
Oddly, it worked well at the end of 2009/10 and hasn't been tried much since then. Remember JT was in a huge point drought in his rookie season and the Isles took Okposo off that line and replaced him with Comeau and they had a strong finish to that season and the team did well.

I was thinking it was personal chemistry but I think JT was in Comeau's wedding party this summer, so I guess it wasn't that.

Comeau holds the puck too much, whereas PAP is good at getting to loose pucks on dump ins. But Comeau is superior in talent to PAP.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Veteran journeyman

Seems like we're suckers for prospects and potential, but are never satisfied with what they turn into if they don't end up scoring 40 goals a year. Comeau is a player that the Isles have developed for years in the system, and it's finally paying dividends -- and he still hasn't reached his ceiling -- but so many people want to trade him away. Some of the proposals seem to be practically giving him away. He's a 24-goal scorer who puts up better numbers every year, and did it last year with barely any help. He scored his goals with Schremp/Bailey at center and with Joensuu/Sim/DiBenedetto on the other wing. As of right now, going into this season, if playoffs are really the goal, Comeau is a better option at forward than Nino, Bailey, Strome, Kabanov and all the young prospects we drool over. Stat-wise, he even blows the doors off of Rolston, whose best years are clearly behind him. He shouldn't be untouchable, but he shouldn't be the hot potato we're dying to get rid of either.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 09:05 AM
TennesseeJedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran journeyman View Post
Seems like we're suckers for prospects and potential, but are never satisfied with what they turn into if they don't end up scoring 40 goals a year. Comeau is a player that the Isles have developed for years in the system, and it's finally paying dividends -- and he still hasn't reached his ceiling -- but so many people want to trade him away. Some of the proposals seem to be practically giving him away. He's a 24-goal scorer who puts up better numbers every year, and did it last year with barely any help. He scored his goals with Schremp/Bailey at center and with Joensuu/Sim/DiBenedetto on the other wing. As of right now, going into this season, if playoffs are really the goal, Comeau is a better option at forward than Nino, Bailey, Strome, Kabanov and all the young prospects we drool over. Stat-wise, he even blows the doors off of Rolston, whose best years are clearly behind him. He shouldn't be untouchable, but he shouldn't be the hot potato we're dying to get rid of either.
Nowhere in any thread have I read the bold to be the case, the fact that he scored24 goals and has gotten a little better each year is what gives him value. We need a top 4 Dman, there is no debating that, you can't let Martinek, Hillen and Gervais walk without replacing an open spot in our top 4.

Now how do we get that Dman? Well we all saw what happens when we court the top UFA defensemen available, so it's a no go there, so what is the only option?

We will have to find a trade partner to get the guy we need, now if you think we get a top 4 Dman in return for Bailey, good luck with that. You have to give something to get something and to many (most?) Comeau is a good "give" to get, and with his 1 year 2.5 million deal he is even more attractive to a team looking for secondary scoring at a bargain.

We have players we can fill Comeaus spot with, we dont have anyone to round out our top 4 D. How this makes Comeau a "hot potato we're dying to get rid of " I personally don't get, trades are 2 sided and the team we are trying to work with will want something back.

TennesseeJedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Islanders1932

If anyone is the odd man out, PAP should go before Comeau....i freaking love Comeau and his numbers keep getting better and better each year. It's possible he hits 30 goals this season.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 09:43 AM
IslandersFan

Just look at every trade proposal thread for the last 2 seasons - they nearly all include Bailey or Comeau so I don't think the "hot potato were dying to get rid of" assessment is off the mark at all.

IslandersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:26 AM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan View Post
Just look at every trade proposal thread for the last 2 seasons - they nearly all include Bailey or Comeau so I don't think the "hot potato were dying to get rid of" assessment is off the mark at all.
I agree with you, far to many of us want to get rid of Comeau or Bailey. I really think both have way to much potential to trade, wait until atleast next season to trade Comeau, and wait a few more seasons to see what Bailey has.

Old
08-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

I see more of a deal like, for example,:

Comeau and Donovan

for

Gilbert and Hartikainen

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Veteran journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeJedd View Post
Nowhere in any thread have I read the bold to be the case, the fact that he scored24 goals and has gotten a little better each year is what gives him value. We need a top 4 Dman, there is no debating that, you can't let Martinek, Hillen and Gervais walk without replacing an open spot in our top 4.

Now how do we get that Dman? Well we all saw what happens when we court the top UFA defensemen available, so it's a no go there, so what is the only option?

We will have to find a trade partner to get the guy we need, now if you think we get a top 4 Dman in return for Bailey, good luck with that. You have to give something to get something and to many (most?) Comeau is a good "give" to get, and with his 1 year 2.5 million deal he is even more attractive to a team looking for secondary scoring at a bargain.

We have players we can fill Comeaus spot with, we dont have anyone to round out our top 4 D. How this makes Comeau a "hot potato we're dying to get rid of " I personally don't get, trades are 2 sided and the team we are trying to work with will want something back.
I'm horrible at trade proposals, so I can't really say how we get that d-man, but I do know that we landed Wiz last season for a third rounder, and received just a second rounder for him when we flipped him to Montreal. I bet if we had been making trade proposals last year to get Wiz from Anaheim, we'd have had a lot more than a third rounder going the other way...it probably would have been Comeau and Bailey! When we propose trades, we always look for what we think is equal to both sides, but that's not always the case in the NHL. There are a number of factors that come into play when a player is traded from one team to another. Look at what Kovalchuk was traded for when he went from Atlanta to the Devils. I'd have told you to get your head examined if I was responding to that deal as a trade proposal here. But Atlanta simply had no leverage in that particular situation.

My point, if I even have one, is that it may be possible to get what we need without giving up a player that this organization has put a lot of time into developing like Comeau, if the Isles can find the right deal in the right situation. I don't think Comeau needs to go the other way in every deal, and you'd be hard pressed to find a proposal here that doesn't include him. I've seen people wanting to trade Comeau for Ballard...that guy was a healthy scratch in the playoffs behind Aaron Rome and Andrew Alberts, and has an albatross contract that Vancouver would probably like to shed. Again, I'm not good at the trade proposals, but it seems like we'd be doing them two favors in that deal...taking Ballard and giving them Comeau.

Old
08-07-2011, 11:09 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Right now the lottery is the only reason we have a (semi)competitive team. If you think we will be able to make a big splash in the UFA market then you must know something that I don't. As of now the only way this team will be adding any quality players is either through the draft or hitting the jackpot on another Moulson, Grabner or Streit. As good as Snow has been finding these hidden gems I don't think we can count on that continuing.

As far as the "hate" Comeau and Bailey are getting, I think people are misunderstanding why they keep showing up in these proposals. These are the 2 guys on our roster who have both value and are expendable. As of now and the forseeable future, Comeau's role on this team is as a 3rd line winger. Okposo, Moulson, Grabner and one of Nino or Strome will fill the top-6 spots. Bailey's role right now and for the forseeable future(unless Nielsen completely falls off) is as this team's 3rd line center. Tavares and Nielsen aren't going anywhere, and with Cizikas waiting in the wings as the 3rd line center of the future, I don't see how you can NOT trade Bailey if he was the deciding factor in obtaining a top-5 pick in an elite draft year. Especially considering that this team has NO other way of obtaining elite talent.

Whether or not you like Comeau and Bailey is irrelevant. The bottom line is these guys are stuck in bottom-6 roles for us(you can argue Bailey could be a 2nd line center for us, but I think he would have to significantly outperform Nielsen in order for that to happen). Without Comeau and Bailey we still have Tavares, Okposo, Grabner, Moulson, Nielsen and potentially Nino and Strome to put up points for this team now and in the future. Defensively, as much as we may really like the young guys we have, it's obvious that we could use at least one more top-end prospect to solidify our core going forward. If the price to get that is Bailey and Comeau, two bottom-6 players(FOR THIS TEAM), I'm all for it.

I understand the frustration with picking in the lottery year after year, but if we only have ONE more lottery pick in a year where we potentially are a playoff team, I don't see the problem in that.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Veteran journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Right now the lottery is the only reason we have a (semi)competitive team. If you think we will be able to make a big splash in the UFA market then you must know something that I don't. As of now the only way this team will be adding any quality players is either through the draft or hitting the jackpot on another Moulson, Grabner or Streit. As good as Snow has been finding these hidden gems I don't think we can count on that continuing.

As far as the "hate" Comeau and Bailey are getting, I think people are misunderstanding why they keep showing up in these proposals. These are the 2 guys on our roster who have both value and are expendable. As of now and the forseeable future, Comeau's role on this team is as a 3rd line winger. Okposo, Moulson, Grabner and one of Nino or Strome will fill the top-6 spots. Bailey's role right now and for the forseeable future(unless Nielsen completely falls off) is as this team's 3rd line center. Tavares and Nielsen aren't going anywhere, and with Cizikas waiting in the wings as the 3rd line center of the future, I don't see how you can NOT trade Bailey if he was the deciding factor in obtaining a top-5 pick in an elite draft year. Especially considering that this team has NO other way of obtaining elite talent.

Whether or not you like Comeau and Bailey is irrelevant. The bottom line is these guys are stuck in bottom-6 roles for us(you can argue Bailey could be a 2nd line center for us, but I think he would have to significantly outperform Nielsen in order for that to happen). Without Comeau and Bailey we still have Tavares, Okposo, Grabner, Moulson, Nielsen and potentially Nino and Strome to put up points for this team now and in the future. Defensively, as much as we may really like the young guys we have, it's obvious that we could use at least one more top-end prospect to solidify our core going forward. If the price to get that is Bailey and Comeau, two bottom-6 players(FOR THIS TEAM), I'm all for it.

I understand the frustration with picking in the lottery year after year, but if we only have ONE more lottery pick in a year where we potentially are a playoff team, I don't see the problem in that.

Nino and Strome haven't proven anything though. I don't see the point of moving out Comeau, who could fill a top-six winger role (I'd rather have him in the top-6 than Parenteau, personally), in favor of two players who maybe, might be able to put up the same numbers Comeau did last season two or three years from now. I think that's moving backwards if the goal this year is the playoffs, which it should be in year 4 of the 5-year rebuild. Let Comeau play until someone takes his spot by clearly outplaying him. Don't get rid of him to reserve a spot for someone who hasn't earned it yet, based only on the almighty potential. If Comeau builds on last year and puts in close to 30 goals, and maybe finds a bit more consistency, players like Nino and Strome will have a lot of work to do to dislodge him, and that's a good thing. Make them earn it.

Even if Comeau is destined for the third line, I don't see the issue with having that kind of scoring coming from the third line as long as he's not a horrible defensive liability and as long as his salary's not preventing us from locking up a top-six forward, which it's not. Florida just gave a whole roster of third liners more money than Comeau is costing us this year. If we were bumping off of the cap ceiling, I'd get it, we would need to move Comeau in order to sign Tavares. But we're probably at least four years away from having to worry about the ceiling. Let's enjoy a talented core of forwards while we can afford them, be they on the first, second or third line.

Old
08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Here is why I am so against trading them

Comeau: Who are we going to replace him with for this season? Is Nino ready to put up 40+ points in the NHL? While playing good defensively and playing a physical game? In my opinion the answer is no, he could potentially play in the NHL, and have a decent season, but IMO he should be sent down for one more season of junior.

It would be great if we could trade Comeau, and get a top 4 defenseman to fill that hole, but than we need someone to replace Comeau. I see Comeau being a lot more expendable after this season is over, because Niederreiter could fill the hole that is left by Comeau, and Comeau could fill a need for a top 4 defenseman if traded.

Bailey: Who will replace Bailey? I really don't see anyone that is ready. Strome is at least a year away, most likely 2 years away. Ullstrom while being a good prospect, likely is a 3rd line center at best. Plus we have all seen the flashes of great play that Bailey has shown. I say keep him 2 more years, see what he can do, and after those 2 years are over if he hasn't made any big strides forward, than trade him.

Old
08-07-2011, 12:25 PM
hskates21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Here is why I am so against trading them

Comeau: Who are we going to replace him with for this season? Is Nino ready to put up 40+ points in the NHL? While playing good defensively and playing a physical game? In my opinion the answer is no, he could potentially play in the NHL, and have a decent season, but IMO he should be sent down for one more season of junior.

It would be great if we could trade Comeau, and get a top 4
defenseman to fill that hole, but than we need someone to replace Comeau. I see Comeau being a lot more expendable after this season is over, because Niederreiter could fill the hole that is left by Comeau,
and Comeau could fill a need for a top 4 defenseman if traded.

Bailey: Who will replace Bailey? I really don't see anyone that is ready. Strome is at least a year away, most likely 2 years away. Ullstrom while being a good prospect, likely is a 3rd line center
at best. Plus we have all seen the flashes of great play that Bailey has shown. I say keep him 2 more years, see what he can do, and
after those 2 years are over if he hasn't made any big strides forward, than trade him.
It is unlikely that niño comes in a scores 40 points but he's not that much of a downgrade if he scores 30 points while playing physical and well defensively and we trade someau for a top 4 dman is it worth it that being said I do think niño should go back to juniors but it sounds like snow wants to keep him up, also that Bailey trade is a trade at the draft and next year we may have a third line center available in our own system whether it's cizikas strome or maybe a fa it's not a hard spot to fill

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post

It would be great if we could trade Comeau, and get a top 4 defenseman to fill that hole, but than we need someone to replace Comeau. I see Comeau being a lot more expendable after this season is over, because Niederreiter could fill the hole that is left by Comeau, and Comeau could fill a need for a top 4 defenseman if traded.
IMO, having a strong top four defense is more important than whatever contributions offensively Comeau can bring to the third line. Teams can go deep in the playoffs utilizing defensive minded, but offensively mediocre, players on their third line, but they don't go far if they have a massive hole in their top four on defense.

Obviously if you guys can acquire a top four defenseman without dealing Comeau, that's the ideal scenario: you get your top four D-man and you get to keep your 20+ goal winger for your third line. But if Comeau is going to be dealt for a top four defender, I think that makes perfect sense in terms of which is a higher priority to have for a contending club.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Right now the lottery is the only reason we have a (semi)competitive team.
All you're doing is moving the young players that the Isles do have, that are developing, and dialing back the clock to get... more young players that haven't developed yet at all. I can understand moving a player to address a need (like a defenseman, or a top 6 forward) but you suggest moving all theses pieces while bringing in nothing to help the team right now. It just seems like a perpetual cycle of draft picking. Why? I guess the idea of top 5 picks a full year before the draft makes people excited.

Besides, I don't see how anyone can claim that the lottery is the only reason the Isles are "competitive". The team has a grand total of one player picked in the top 5 that has had any sort of impact at all at the NHL level.

Old
08-07-2011, 03:38 PM
IslandersFan

Quote:
The bolded part is the crux of the whole discussion my friend. It would appear that for nearly every poster like yourself that views Bailey or Comeau as "expendable" there is a poster such as myself that thinks thats hogwash.

It never ceases to amaze me how posters on this board are in agreement how steep of a hill this team has to climb before they will make the playoffs, yet they would be so willing to deal players like Comeau and Bailey that haven't/aren't being put in the optimal position to be successful.

A rebuild is a rebuild. I'm craving for this organization to be successful as much as everyone else here but now isn't the time for shortcuts. If the Isles couldn't acquire a top-4 D-man via free agency, and they haven't found a deal to their liking yet -so be it. Stay the course.

IslandersFan is offline   Reply With Quote