HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Kagee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblerone View Post
I remember reading a little article about Hamhuis (3-5 maybe?) years ago and it was one of those quick question/short answer type of thing. And while talking about his roommate, Suter, he mentioned that Suter didn't really enjoy playing games in Canada. It's been a few years and people do change...but I think the chances of Suter signing here are very, very slim...I think he will be Detroit's big defensive signing next summer.
There are approx. 29 other teams who do not want Suter on Detroit after them dominating the market for over 15 years.

A team with massive cap space will pay Suter the max.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:15 AM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Oshie for Raymond and Schroeder/Sauve.
A bit too premature to start including Raymond in trade proposals. He's not close to returning and we don't know if he's the same player as he was a couple of years ago. Also, this trade sucks for the Blues. Raymond and Schroeder/Sauve does not solve anything that the Blues need, which is solid proven talent.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
There are approx. 29 other teams who do not want Suter on Detroit after them dominating the market for over 15 years.

A team with massive cap space will pay Suter the max.
A GM will hamstring his own team's success by overpaying a player so he doesn't go to Detroit? If this were Sidney Crosby or Ovechkin it might be possible, but anyone who would sign Ryan Suter to the maximum salary is a moron.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
A bit too premature to start including Raymond in trade proposals. He's not close to returning and we don't know if he's the same player as he was a couple of years ago. Also, this trade sucks for the Blues. Raymond and Schroeder/Sauve does not solve anything that the Blues need, which is solid proven talent.

Of course, this is assuming Raymond gets back to pre-injury form. I'm not suggesting trading an injured player (should have been more clear on that).

As to the needs of the Blues, I think a Raymond+Sauve swap absolutely addresses their needs. If you look at the team as they are structured on paper, they don't need Raymond. Clearly, Perron and McDonald should cover the top6 on the left side. However, we know they cannot be relied upon. Both have significant concussion issues now and moving forward. As a result, the LW for them will tend to be in flux. Currently, they have Sobotka and Porter in their spots. Is that "solid proven talent"?

Basically, the Blues need stability in their top 6. More importantly, they need stability in their top 3. With Raymond they could have that. Perron and McDonald would then be seen as players that are luxuries to return - which they are at this point. Even if they do return, you can't rely on them to stay. They also have a need for left side Dmen coming up to take spots from guys like Huskins and Colaiacovo. Granted, they don't really need Schroeder due to Schwartz. Still, I think the talent going back is on par.

We see Raymond play every game, so to us, his flaws are more apparent. We forget/dismiss that Oshie has flaws too. He has never played a full season. He's more of a two-way forward than a dangler (but he does have ability). Though I'd say Raymond seems more comfortable on the PP. He has had problems with his left ankle throughout his career. He also has missed two practices I believe (was scratched for it), and was benched I think the game before the Van meeting for poor play. Like Raymond, he's a player that tends to leave you wanting more. Both are 40-50 point forwards with good two-way games, each playing different positions. And I just see Raymond taking off with Berglund if paired together.

With Raymond returning to form, and Oshie's continued struggles, I can see a deal like this going down. As soon as next year, it's very possible that Oshie gets pushed down to the 3rd line RW, and then getting value for him will not be as easy. If he continues to play the way that he has, then I could see him being traded this year.

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:25 PM
whoshouse

Quote:
TJ Oshie. He's the number one target IMO. He is a mixed bag in that he plays a bigger game than his body is built for, which results in a lot of injuries. He's also go immaturity issues. But for shoring up that RW spot, he's the ticket. With him in the fold the top6 would be set.

Raymond would be a good asset to send the other way because of the uncertainty surrounding Perron and McDonald, year to year. Both have significant concussion issues. Meanwhile, Oshie is already playing behind Stewart on RW. Next year, Tarasenko should challenge for a RW spot also. So they have the organizational depth to make a deal for a LW spot. Getting a versatile player like Raymond on the LW could benefit them more in the long run. Add a LD like Sauve/Alberts or a prospect like Schroeder, and it has the makings of a solid deal for both sides IMO.

Oshie for Raymond and Schroeder/Sauve.
I'd love for the Canucks to poach Oshie. He has so much potential and plays an "in your face" type of style. There's no doubt he'd become a fan favorite over here. But hes so inconsistent and injury prone that it'd be a huge gamble and a risky acquisition. There are enough players on this team that are injury prone. If the team were to add more injury prone players then who's to say that what happened to the team in the playoffs won't happen again? The value to acquire a player the stature of Oshie wouldn't be worth the risk of assets. Trading away a player like Raymond would most definitely hurt the team. You said so yourself, Raymond is a valuable player. He is comfortably suited to the system and can play on any line making him very versatile. These are the types of players the team needs in the playoffs. And sending out Schroeder without even trying him on a line with Kesler would be incompetent managing. How do you know that Schroeder isn't already the piece that is needed in the top 6? Wasn't Schroeder at par with Hodgson in the preseason? In my opinion, Schroeder fits perfectly on the second line. He has above average ability to create plays and skates like the wind! Perfect fit with Kesler and Booth. Trading him away (a potential top 6) for another forward who could be a top 6 forward would be counter-intuitive. Sort of smells like another Grabner trade..

Trying to get Teddy Purcell is a lot easier since Tampa makes perfect trading partners with Vancouver. They're in need of a goalie and Vancouver has an abundance of them. Purcell is bigger than Oshie, has produced in the playoffs, has been much healthier in the past, and could be had somewhat cheaper than Oshie.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshouse View Post
I'd love for the Canucks to poach Oshie. He has so much potential and plays an "in your face" type of style. There's no doubt he'd become a fan favorite over here. But hes so inconsistent and injury prone that it'd be a huge gamble and a risky acquisition. There are enough players on this team that are injury prone. If the team were to add more injury prone players then who's to say that what happened to the team in the playoffs won't happen again?

True. He would add to the injury concern. But that and his inconsistency are why he'd be on the trade block in the first place. He has drawbacks, just like every player in the league.

Quote:
The value to acquire a player the stature of Oshie wouldn't be worth the risk of assets. Trading away a player like Raymond would most definitely hurt the team. You said so yourself, Raymond is a valuable player. He is comfortably suited to the system and can play on any line making him very versatile. These are the types of players the team needs in the playoffs. And sending out Schroeder without even trying him on a line with Kesler would be incompetent managing. How do you know that Schroeder isn't already the piece that is needed in the top 6? Wasn't Schroeder at par with Hodgson in the preseason? In my opinion, Schroeder fits perfectly on the second line. He has above average ability to create plays and skates like the wind! Perfect fit with Kesler and Booth. Trading him away (a potential top 6) for another forward who could be a top 6 forward would be counter-intuitive. Sort of smells like another Grabner trade..

Schroeder won't be playing the wing in the bigs IMO. He's a top 6 C or bust. Or at least, that's what he has shown so far in the AHL. He's much better at C than on the wing.

And for risking assets: You have to give to get. It's quite possible Schroeder goes to St. Louis and explodes, or Raymond consistently puts up 60 points with loads of ice-time. It goes with the territory of trading that these things could happen.

Quote:
Trying to get Teddy Purcell is a lot easier since Tampa makes perfect trading partners with Vancouver. They're in need of a goalie and Vancouver has an abundance of them. Purcell is bigger than Oshie, has produced in the playoffs, has been much healthier in the past, and could be had somewhat cheaper than Oshie.

True, Purcell would seem easier to acquire. He's also bigger and has stayed healthier - much better shot as well. Obviously not as versatile, but a good target overall. Here's the thing: If Schneider is dealt, the organizational depth of the Canucks is such that they absolutely need a Dman prospect back, first and foremost.

Beyond Tanev, there are lot of question marks for the Canucks D prospects. They have Sauve, Erixon, Tommernes, Andersson, Conauten, Price, McNally, Polosek as hopefuls. None of which are definite NHLers. If they deal Schneids, the target should be a good D prospect coming back++ - unless of course they get a great offer for a younger established player ala Evander Kane (unlikely).

Old
10-30-2011, 12:05 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
Superstars are players who sell tickets/merchandise/TV ratings. They're goal scorers, usually, because that's what people pay to see.

Google search results for "Shea weber superstar" : 631,000
Google search results for "Jonathan toews superstar" : 1,110,000
Google search results for "Alex ovechkin superstar" : 2,260,000
Google search results for "Sidney crosby superstar" : 7,790,000

That's the difference between great players superstars. And that's also why we'd get him cheaper than you think.
The last two Art Ross trophy winners must only be great players (550k and 600k). Just when I thought we finally had some superstars.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
The last two Art Ross trophy winners must only be great players (550k and 600k). Just when I thought we finally had some superstars.
The Sedins good results are a result of differing phrasing though. If you google "The Sedins" you get 4.4 million hits. Even "Sedin Twins" will get you 750k.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
With Raymond returning to form, and Oshie's continued struggles, I can see a deal like this going down. As soon as next year, it's very possible that Oshie gets pushed down to the 3rd line RW, and then getting value for him will not be as easy. If he continues to play the way that he has, then I could see him being traded this year.
If I were the Blues, I'd give Oshie at least a couple of more seasons but I decide to make any sort of move. Oshie, at anything close to his full potential is a better player than Raymond. While Raymond is a nice player to have on your team, he's nothing more than a complimentary player at this point. Oshie has a chance to be more than that. I'd give him a few more chances.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:59 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
If I were the Blues, I'd give Oshie at least a couple of more seasons but I decide to make any sort of move. Oshie, at anything close to his full potential is a better player than Raymond. While Raymond is a nice player to have on your team, he's nothing more than a complimentary player at this point. Oshie has a chance to be more than that. I'd give him a few more chances.

I think Oshie is close to what he is going to be, as is Raymond. Potential factors in less and less at mid 20s and later. The Sedins at 25~ were first liners, and they were considered late bloomers. And this year, when Oshie should be at his best, he is floundering out of the gate. Don't get me wrong, he could very well rebound and put up great numbers, but I see him trending to a 40-50 point player. Which is not so different from Raymond. Actually, with prime minutes, and more importantly a playmaking C (which Kesler is not), Raymond is a good bet to beat 50.

Oshie and Raymond are not as far apart as one might think. In fact, I tend to think he gets really overrated on these boards.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:11 AM
B-rock

Quote:
I think Oshie is close to what he is going to be, as is Raymond. Potential factors in less and less at mid 20s and later. The Sedins at 25~ were first liners, and they were considered late bloomers. And this year, when Oshie should be at his best, he is floundering out of the gate. Don't get me wrong, he could very well rebound and put up great numbers, but I see him trending to a 40-50 point player. Which is not so different from Raymond. Actually, with prime minutes, and more importantly a playmaking C (which Kesler is not), Raymond is a good bet to beat 50.

Oshie and Raymond are not as far apart as one might think. In fact, I tend to think he gets really overrated on these boards.
Oshie has played 3 seasons in the NHL, only 1 of which was almost a full 82 games, the other 2 were injury shortened by about 30 games, and you're ready to write him off as fully developed already? That seems a bit rash to me.

Personally, I'd take Oshie over Raymond. Even if they were comparable skill-wise, which I feel they aren't, I'd take Oshie due to his willingness to get his nose dirty. Raymond's skating around with the puck while accomplishing little annoys me.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 03:56 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
Oshie has played 3 seasons in the NHL, only 1 of which was almost a full 82 games, the other 2 were injury shortened by about 30 games, and you're ready to write him off as fully developed already? That seems a bit rash to me.

Personally, I'd take Oshie over Raymond. Even if they were comparable skill-wise, which I feel they aren't, I'd take Oshie due to his willingness to get his nose dirty. Raymond's skating around with the puck while accomplishing little annoys me.

But that's just it, Raymond annoys you because his flaws are on full display here 82 games a year. You see him too much. Oshie also has flaws, but we don't micro-analyze them like we do Raymond's own because he doesn't play for the nucks. Your perspective on both is not balanced. Saying that, I agree that Oshie is slightly better, but not so much better as to dismiss the notion of a trade. If he finishes with 40-50 points getting first unit PP time, I'd say Raymond could beat that on the Blues. This is the year Oshie must establish what he is.

Oshie is nearing full development. In other words, the major components of his game are there. 25 is about that age. For one to expect him to keep developing into his late 20's would be akin to likening him to elite players like the Sedins/Datsyuk/Zetterberg etc.. Who all have added to their games even in later years.

Even Kesler showed that he was breaking out at 24. For reference, the Sedins had their best seasons in their late 20's, but projected as first liners at about this age (25~). At 24, Datsyuk had 51 points in 64 games. Zetterberg had 43 points in 61 games. If Oshie gets near a PPG this year, then you can make a case for him being a mis-cast 2nd liner. But until then...

By watching Zetteberg et. al. early, you could tell they were much more skilled as well. Oshie is not in the same ballpark. You knew Zetterberg was going to only get better because of inherent skill, with Oshie I'm not so sure. He plays a versatile game, but not a skill-based game like the aforementioned. Those players have the versatility _AND_ the skill to fall back on, not Oshie. So while he can mimic a .70 PPG over a 49 game sample, he can also give you 48 points over 76 games (.63). Which is the real standard? If he produces around 50 points this year, I'd say that's more in line with what to expect moving forward.

Old
10-31-2011, 04:39 AM
Lz68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
3,100,000 if you type in Sedin dive

Lz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:58 AM
B-rock

Quote:
But that's just it, Raymond annoys you because his flaws are on full display here 82 games a year. You see him too much. Oshie also has flaws, but we don't micro-analyze them like we do Raymond's own because he doesn't play for the nucks. Your perspective on both is not balanced. Saying that, I agree that Oshie is slightly better, but not so much better as to dismiss the notion of a trade. If he finishes with 40-50 points getting first unit PP time, I'd say Raymond could beat that on the Blues. This is the year Oshie must establish what he is.

Oshie is nearing full development. In other words, the major components of his game are there. 25 is about that age. For one to expect him to keep developing into his late 20's would be akin to likening him to elite players like the Sedins/Datsyuk/Zetterberg etc.. Who all have added to their games even in later years.

Even Kesler showed that he was breaking out at 24. For reference, the Sedins had their best seasons in their late 20's, but projected as first liners at about this age (25~). At 24, Datsyuk had 51 points in 64 games. Zetterberg had 43 points in 61 games. If Oshie gets near a PPG this year, then you can make a case for him being a mis-cast 2nd liner. But until then...

By watching Zetteberg et. al. early, you could tell they were much more skilled as well. Oshie is not in the same ballpark. You knew Zetterberg was going to only get better because of inherent skill, with Oshie I'm not so sure. He plays a versatile game, but not a skill-based game like the aforementioned. Those players have the versatility _AND_ the skill to fall back on, not Oshie. So while he can mimic a .70 PPG over a 49 game sample, he can also give you 48 points over 76 games (.63). Which is the real standard? If he produces around 50 points this year, I'd say that's more in line with what to expect moving forward.
You're right that I haven't seen Oshie as much as Raymond to see his flaws. But what I have seen from Oshie is a kid with a skill level higher than Raymond and a guy who runs players over that are twice the size of him. He doesn't shy away from contact, in fact he initiates it. That's the kind of player I want on the Canucks, especially in the playoffs.

I think you're selling Oshie short projecting him to top out at 50 points. Like I said he's only really played 1 full season. But even if he were to top out at 50, I'd still choose him over Raymond, who seems to be equally likely to top out at 50.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
You're right that I haven't seen Oshie as much as Raymond to see his flaws. But what I have seen from Oshie is a kid with a skill level higher than Raymond and a guy who runs players over that are twice the size of him. He doesn't shy away from contact, in fact he initiates it. That's the kind of player I want on the Canucks, especially in the playoffs.

I think you're selling Oshie short projecting him to top out at 50 points. Like I said he's only really played 1 full season. But even if he were to top out at 50, I'd still choose him over Raymond, who seems to be equally likely to top out at 50.

As a 2nd line RW, Oshie should get about 50. Do you see him producing more than that on the 2nd line for the Blues? If so, please explain why. 50 points from the 2nd line is excellent production. Unless you think he's a miscast 1st liner?

Also, do you see Perron and McDonald as consistent LWers for the Blues? If so, why? If not, how do you expect the Blues to remedy their top6 LW position because it certainly isn't happening within the organization?

This year, Oshie is playing behind Stewart. He was supplanted from his 1st line RW position. Next year, with Schwartz and Tarasenko coming over, it's possible Oshie gets pushed to the 3rd line RW position. What's he going to produce from there I wonder?

Edit: Ok revise to original deal: Ballard + Raymond for Oshie + 2nd???

Edit 2: Sign McCabe to replace Ballard.

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 10-31-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:

Edit: Ok revise to original deal: Ballard + Raymond for Oshie + 2nd???

Edit 2: Sign McCabe to replace Ballard.
I'd rather have Turris than Oshie. I wonder if Maloney has any interest in acquiring Ballard (would probably have to add) back?

I would also be fine with acquiring McCabe to replace Ballard. Give the second PP unit a decent dman if AV ever utilizes him correctly

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I'd rather have Turris than Oshie. I wonder if Maloney has any interest in acquiring Ballard (would probably have to add) back?

I would also be fine with acquiring McCabe to replace Ballard. Give the second PP unit a decent dman if AV ever utilizes him correctly

No way do you target Turris over Oshie. Absolutely not. Turris hasn't proven anything yet. At least Oshie you can say will default to 2nd/3rd line RW. With Turris, who knows what you'll get? No thank you.

All that said, Turris would be nice to acquire in addition to Oshie. But no in the place of.

The McCabe addition would be interesting. I eagerly await him donning the jersey only to have Burrows take his spot on the PP as an "AV special". I would laugh/cry . (And yes I know AV is not in charge of the PP, but he is ultimately in charge of all coaching decisions.)

Old
10-31-2011, 01:53 PM
LeftCoast

Quote:

Raymond has already had a 53 point 25 goal season. How many NHL players reach their peak production at 24? It's reasonable to project Raymond to peak at a 60 point 30 goal winger.

I really don't see their skill level to be all that different. Raymond gets lots of hate from fans here because of last year when played though a string of injuries (shoulder, broken finger) and on the 2nd Unit PP that didn't have a natural center. I expect that after his rehab he will start very slowly this season as well.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
No way do you target Turris over Oshie. Absolutely not. Turris hasn't proven anything yet. At least Oshie you can say will default to 2nd/3rd line RW. With Turris, who knows what you'll get? No thank you.

All that said, Turris would be nice to acquire in addition to Oshie. But no in the place of.

The McCabe addition would be interesting. I eagerly await him donning the jersey only to have Burrows take his spot on the PP as an "AV special". I would laugh/cry . (And yes I know AV is not in charge of the PP, but he is ultimately in charge of all coaching decisions.)
I don't know...I think Turris is the kind of player our second line could use more of. I am not sold on Kesler being a playmaker as some of you other guys are and we know Booth is a shoot first player too. Hodgson on the wing is a gamble, and I would rather have him center the third line. Outside the first line, we desperately need some creativity in our lineup and Turris would provide that.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
Raymond has already had a 53 point 25 goal season. How many NHL players reach their peak production at 24? It's reasonable to project Raymond to peak at a 60 point 30 goal winger.

I really don't see their skill level to be all that different. Raymond gets lots of hate from fans here because of last year when played though a string of injuries (shoulder, broken finger) and on the 2nd Unit PP that didn't have a natural center. I expect that after his rehab he will start very slowly this season as well.

Well said. I don't understand the thought that Oshie is more skilled than Raymond? Based on what? An easy way to see the differences in skill-set is the PP. Watch both on the PP and you'll see that Raymond relies on his stickhandling/shifty move set to gain space, while Oshie plays a more body-positioning/protect type game. And Raymond dangles at speed much better.

Peak production may not occur at 24-25, but you get a good idea about player ceilings at this age, usually. It's why I think Raymond is on par with Oshie. If Oshie finishes at 40-50 points this year, then I'm not sure there is much of a separation at all.

To top it off you pretty much know Raymond will get a lesser contract at the end of the year than he otherwise could have garnered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I don't know...I think Turris is the kind of player our second line could use more of. I am not sold on Kesler being a playmaker as some of you other guys are and we know Booth is a shoot first player too. Hodgson on the wing is a gamble, and I would rather have him center the third line. Outside the first line, we desperately need some creativity in our lineup and Turris would provide that.

That 2nd line could use Oshie before it needs Turris. First, Turris is not pushing Kesler out of the C spot. Second, Turris at wing is an adjustment for him, being a natural C himself. Third, Oshie is already more of a playmaking winger. Lastly, Turris is very unproven. Far more than Oshie anyways. I'd take the safer route for now and go for the more established 2nd liner.

And I agree with you that Kesler is not a natural playmaker, which is why suggested adding a pass-first winger.

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 10-31-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Well said. I don't understand the thought that Oshie is more skilled than Raymond? Based on what? An easy way to see the differences in skill-set is the PP. Watch both on the PP and you'll see that Raymond relies on his stickhandling/shifty move set to gain space, while Oshie plays a more body-positioning/protect type game. And Raymond dangles at speed much better.

Peak production may not occur at 24-25, but you get a good idea about player ceilings at this age, usually. It's why I think Raymond is on par with Oshie. If Oshie finishes at 40-50 points this year, then I'm not sure there is much of a separation at all.

To top it off you pretty much know Raymond will get a lesser contract at the end of the year than he otherwise could have garnered.
I guess it all depends on what type of player you want/best fits your team's needs. Even if they both end up as career 50 point players I'd personally prefer Oshie over Raymond just because of the edge he has to his game and his willingness to play in the hard areas and throw his body around. But its just personal preference, some people might prefer Raymond's blistering speed and nifty hands on the wing.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I guess it all depends on what type of player you want/best fits your team's needs. Even if they both end up as career 50 point players I'd personally prefer Oshie over Raymond just because of the edge he has to his game and his willingness to play in the hard areas and throw his body around.

If they both end up career 50 point players, I may be inclined to agree with you. However, I think Raymond reaches 60~ more often than not (with them, because he'd get the top spot). I see a points disparity between them. Give him Berglund and top PP minutes and he will do really well.

So if there is a solid point differential, is Oshie still favoured? I'm not so sure. Add to this that the Blues are generally a slower team, and their uncertainty on LW moving forward, and you can see why Raymond might be a player that interests them.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Canucker

Quote:
If they both end up career 50 point players, I may be inclined to agree with you. However, I think Raymond reaches 60~ more often than not (with them, because he'd get the top spot). I see a points disparity between them. Give him Berglund and top PP minutes and he will do really well.

So if there is a solid point differential, is Oshie still favoured? I'm not so sure. Add to this that the Blues are generally a slower team, and their uncertainty on LW moving forward, and you can see why Raymond might be a player that interests them.
I honestly don't think Raymond is a consistent 60 point player, just as I don't think Oshie is either, they may hit that mark at some point but I just don't see them hitting it consistently.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
How about:

Cory Schneider, Keith Ballard, Jordan Schroeder, 1st round pick for Zach Parise

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zach Parise ($6.000m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Cody Hodgson ($1.666m) / Mason Raymond ($2.550m)
Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Sami Salo ($2.000m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Aaron Rome ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / Eddie Lack ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,874,999; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $425,001

10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
That 2nd line could use Oshie before it needs Turris. First, Turris is not pushing Kesler out of the C spot. Second, Turris at wing is an adjustment for him, being a natural C himself. Third, Oshie is already more of a playmaking winger. Lastly, Turris is very unproven. Far more than Oshie anyways. I'd take the safer route for now and go for the more established 2nd liner.

And I agree with you that Kesler is not a natural playmaker, which is why suggested adding a pass-first winger.
I guess I don't see Oshie as a pass-first winger otherwise I would be inclined to agree with you and get the more established player.