HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Proto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys.

A few things that went into my proposal:
1. I know Kesler is the best player in the deal. If it's a non-starter for a cup contending team to deal away "the best player" in a trade, that's understandable.
2. I wouldn't consider Luongo <-> Nash a wash. In my proposal, Luongo was a moderate upgrade to Mason while serving as a dump for your team to get him off the books and go with Schnieder. That's provided Schnieder can get a contract extension.

I don't think Columbus would do a Schnieder for Johansen + 1st swap. Johansen is the only bright spot in this season for the team and is developing quite nicely. A young potential #1 center holds more value than a young, potential #1 goaltender. Schnieder has proven more but also has 1 year on his contract as you are aware. Additionally, the 1st has a good likelyhood of being a top-3 pick and as such Columbus could draft a franchise forward or defenseman and then take a flyer on a free-agent goaltender (every year there seem to be plenty).

If a deal were to be between Vancouver and Columbus concerning Schnieder, I highly doubt Johansen would be the piece moved. It'd likely be Brassard/Vermette or something else.

Thank you once again for looking at my proposal. I overlooked how much Vancouver was still in "cup contention" mode despite a lukewarm beginning, as well as overlooked the value Luongo still holds for the team.
So... Top 3 goaltender in the NHL for the past decade for the worst starting goaltender (with 150+ starts) in the past 15 years is a "moderate upgrade".

Uh huh.

Schneider is the only goaltender I can see the Canucks moving, and even then I don't think it would be for someone like Vermette. Gillis will likely wait until the draft and move Schneider as part of a package to land a bigger piece (defenseman would be my guess)

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:04 PM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
Two proposals that I would like to see:

Columbus gets: Corey Schneider
Vancouver gets: John Moore

Islanders get: Keith Ballard
Canucks get: Blake Comeau

Sedins-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Comeau
Booth-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Rome/Alberts-Moore

Luongo
Lack

sdbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbullet View Post

Sedins-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Comeau
Booth-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Rome/Alberts-Moore

Luongo
Lack
I like John Moore but I don't think he's enough to give up Schneider for.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:17 PM
ugghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbullet View Post

Sedins-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Comeau
Booth-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Rome/Alberts-Moore

Luongo
Lack

In the short term, neither of those trades helps the Canucks much, if at all. Once Raymond is back, Comeau would likely be in the press box.
Moore is not ready for top-6 minutes, or at least not more ready than Tanev, imo.

Columbus is unlikely to move Moore -- although I guess they are getting desperate.

Ballard has to have very little value around the league. Comeau, while very streaky, and definitely not a top-6 player at this point, has some value coming off a 20+ goal season.

ugghhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:27 PM
sewellda

As posted around these boards...

Ottawa gets:Raymond and Schneider
Vancouver gets: Neil and Cowen, 2nd

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows
Booth, Kesler,Higgins
Malholtra ,Hodgson,Hansen
Neil, Lappiere,Weise

Edler,Salo
Hamhuis,Bieksa
Cowen, Ballard

Luongo
Lack

Last edited by sewellda: 11-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.
sewellda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:40 PM
YogiCanucks

THis team needs less Neil. He's a guy, I think, that looks like a perfect fit but would end up being a square peg in a round hole (a la Bernier and more recently Ballard).

Do Not Want.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 03:55 PM
ugghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewellda View Post
As posted around these boards...

Ottawa gets:Raymond and Schneider
Vancouver gets: Neil and Cowen, 2nd

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows
Booth, Kesler,Higgins
Malholtra ,Hodgson,Hansen
Neil, Lappiere,Weise

Edler,Salo
Hamhuis,Bieksa
Cowen, Ballard

Luongo
Lack
There's no way Ottawa gives up Cowen for Raymond unless he comes back and shows no ill effects, and even then it's a long shot considering that they have a goalie for the future in Lehner. If I was Ottawa I would pass.

Old
11-09-2011, 03:58 PM
ugghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
THis team needs less Neil. He's a guy, I think, that looks like a perfect fit but would end up being a square peg in a round hole (a la Bernier and more recently Ballard).

Do Not Want.
While that's obviously possible, the two examples you give have no bearing on how Neil would fit onto this roster.

Neil's best approximation would be Raffi Torres, who fit in well last year. Neil is a better fit, imo, because he is much more consistently physical and is more willing to fight/stand up for his team mates. I think his skill set is exactly what is missing from the bottom 6.

Old
11-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Ballard
Booth
Schroeder
2nd

Rick Nash

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:57 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugghhh View Post
While that's obviously possible, the two examples you give have no bearing on how Neil would fit onto this roster.

Neil's best approximation would be Raffi Torres, who fit in well last year. Neil is a better fit, imo, because he is much more consistently physical and is more willing to fight/stand up for his team mates. I think his skill set is exactly what is missing from the bottom 6.
maybe, but giving up Schneider+ (even if we get Cowen back) is just piss poor asset management.

Old
11-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Bleach Clean

Nash won't be coming here with his 8m cap hit. Forget about it, ain't happening.

Some of these proposals are interesting, but they don't account for team needs: The Canucks need a right-shot, right side dman and a right shot, right winger. These are the traits the nucks need in a player, so proposal targets should follow suit. Moore is a left shot, as is Cowen. And these guys won't help now either.

Guys like McBain, Oshie, Downie, Dalpe, Boyes, Kostitsyn (plays right wing) and Comeau make good targets. Or players of that ilk do.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:46 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

I would target Purcell from the Lightning as he fits those attributes, and has size too. Not sure how he is defensively, but with AV as coach I'm sure he could work on that here. We need some real skill in the lineup.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:41 AM
GreenLantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Nash won't be coming here with his 8m cap hit. Forget about it, ain't happening.

Some of these proposals are interesting, but they don't account for team needs: The Canucks need a right-shot, right side dman and a right shot, right winger. These are the traits the nucks need in a player, so proposal targets should follow suit. Moore is a left shot, as is Cowen. And these guys won't help now either.

Guys like McBain, Oshie, Downie, Dalpe, Boyes, Kostitsyn (plays right wing) and Comeau make good targets. Or players of that ilk do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I would target Purcell from the Lightning as he fits those attributes, and has size too. Not sure how he is defensively, but with AV as coach I'm sure he could work on that here. We need some real skill in the lineup.
I like Purcell the most out of this list; good scoring (even into the playoffs) and a bigger boddy than Downie. I'm guessing Gillis would be sending Schneider the other way? Eh...I don't really like the idea of Schneider going for anything less than some awesome defenseman (cough Weber). Maybe they can take Ballard (not as a slam to Ballard).

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Bleach Clean

Forgot Purcell. But I'd be a bit weary about him. Lecavalier is a good passer, and they have chemistry. It may be that Purcell's numbers are a by-product of that. I don't believe Kesler passes as well as Lecavalier, so there is that to consider.

Proposal:

Ballard = Comeau + Jurcina

Would you do it?

Old
11-10-2011, 05:21 PM
whoshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Forgot Purcell. But I'd be a bit weary about him. Lecavalier is a good passer, and they have chemistry. It may be that Purcell's numbers are a by-product of that. I don't believe Kesler passes as well as Lecavalier, so there is that to consider.
Purcell is a pass first player. He'd work wonderfully with Kesler and Booth. Although I believe something would have to be added from Tampa's end if Schneider were involved.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshouse View Post
Purcell is a pass first player. He'd work wonderfully with Kesler and Booth. Although I believe something would have to be added from Tampa's end if Schneider were involved.

He's a pass first player playing with Lecavalier, who is a better passer than Kesler. What I'm saying is that Purcell's chemistry with Lecavalier is a big reason why he's doing well in TBay. Could be that he doesn't have that compliment here. Still, good target nonetheless.

Old
11-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

but downie seems to be struggling at 3 points in 15 games though.

Last edited by Vancouver_2010: 11-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:31 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
but downie seems to be struggling at 3 points in 15 games though.
struggling a BIT but I see people talk about this guy like he's a PPG player... KESLER isn't even that.

Old
11-12-2011, 07:34 AM
turkulad

As I've seen minimal NHL hockey this season I'm at a loss when thinking about upgrading our D.. so I have no idea how to estimate the value of all of these Dmen that people have thrown into proposals in a way to get upgrade the Ballard spot.

So what's to like about Jamie McBain?
What's to like about Tim Gleason?
And since we've been speculating a lot about a Columbus trade.. what's to like about Marc Methot?
And what about them viable New Jersey Dmen, meaning Andy Greene?

I'm just thinking a trade in the format of:

Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard

for

[Young D upgrading Ballard now and maybe taking a Top4 spot now, at least in the long run]
[Prospect that'll provide good call-up depth for us and step up next year (if Young D not high value enough)]
[A backup for Luongo (if there is an available one in the other team's roster)]

.. would be only in-season trade scheme that works for "unloading" Schneider. How far am I off? I'm just looking at our forward depth right now and don't see how adding another forward, no matter how awesome intangibles, would help our team's chemistry?

turkulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Catamarca Livin

Tim gleason would be a great catch. Played well in the olympics for the usa. Also is tough saw him win a fight lucic. Have no idea what it would take to get him. Obvoiusly he would be ballards replacement.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Tim gleason would be a great catch. Played well in the olympics for the usa. Also is tough saw him win a fight lucic. Have no idea what it would take to get him. Obvoiusly he would be ballards replacement.
The hurricanes must be looking for changes and they seem to have alot of d. Gleason playing well in the olympics is huge as ballard was not considered and Gleason was above Whitney on depth chart. Seems mobile and good one on one player.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post
To Islanders: Ballard
To Canucks: Comeau

To Hurricanes: Raymond
To Canucks: Gleason

To Flames: I dunno like a pick or something
To Canucks: Sarich

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Hodgson
Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen
Comeau-Lapierre-Wiese

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Gleason-Sarich

Loungo
Schneider

Ex - Rome, Alberts, Volpatti

BAM!

You're welcome Gillis
If possible would be great Comeau is a more complete player than RAYMOND Gleason is better than BALLARD and Sarich is a very good depth dman. Gleason and Comeau while getting rid of Ballards contract would be heaven

Old
11-19-2011, 10:35 PM
CaNuCKSForEVER WOOT

To Vancouver:Ryan Ellis
To Vancouver: Mason Raymond, Keith Ballard , (if needed alberts or rome)

I think this pretty fair they get some forward help and a d-man we need some help for edler and if you've seen him play he has great talent and his salary is lower and more convienient for us
at $1.440m im not saying its going to be him but if we get a d-man in a trade it will be a prospect not a multi million d-man like weber or doughty. The only way we get one like that is if possiblely hamhuis's generosity rubbed off on weber (Put that on your Christmas lists guys) I hope you like my trade . (sorry it not ekman larson related)

Last edited by CaNuCKSForEVER WOOT: 11-19-2011 at 10:50 PM.
CaNuCKSForEVER WOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:13 PM
ZyggZagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNuCKSForEVER WOOT View Post

I think this pretty fair they get some forward help and a d-man we need some help for edler and if you've seen him play he has great talent and his salary is lower and more convienient for us
at $1.440m im not saying its going to be him but if we get a d-man in a trade it will be a prospect not a multi million d-man like weber or doughty. The only way we get one like that is if possiblely hamhuis's generosity rubbed off on weber (Put that on your Christmas lists guys) I hope you like my trade . (sorry it not ekman larson related)
Wow! What a deal for Vancouver!

ZyggZagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNuCKSForEVER WOOT View Post

Last edited by CaNuCKSForEVER WOOT: Yesterday at 11:50 PM.
Just for poops and snickers, I'd be curious to read the unedited version of your post.

btw- there are plenty of options/solutions crammed in between "prospects" and "multi million dollar D-man like Weber and Doughty on the D-man spectrum.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote