HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2012, 09:16 AM
  #501
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,646
vCash: 500
Franson is a slug.


Downie for Raymond seems fair enough, but it seems like a trade for the sake of making a trade from TBay's perspective. They give up grit and playmaking, for speed, dangles and shooting. They've got enough skill in their top6 already so I'm not sure Raymond helps them...


For TBay, it would have to be a Dman going their way in order to give up Downie IMO. I'm not sure what Ballard's value is to Stevie Y, but if he thinks he can get more out of him, then there is a basis for a deal here. I doubt it of course. He dealt Meszaros for a 2nd, so I don't think he would be enamoured with Ballard's game. Other than that, I'm not sure these two teams make good trading partners.


Both teams want Dmen.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
  #502
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,440
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Franson is a slug.


Downie for Raymond seems fair enough, but it seems like a trade for the sake of making a trade from TBay's perspective. They give up grit and playmaking, for speed, dangles and shooting. They've got enough skill in their top6 already so I'm not sure Raymond helps them...


For TBay, it would have to be a Dman going their way in order to give up Downie IMO. I'm not sure what Ballard's value is to Stevie Y, but if he thinks he can get more out of him, then there is a basis for a deal here. I doubt it of course. He dealt Meszaros for a 2nd, so I don't think he would be enamoured with Ballard's game. Other than that, I'm not sure these two teams make good trading partners.


Both teams want Dmen.
Tampa doesn't just need D-men, they need goaltending and also scoring depth.
There is a reason why they are very low in the standings.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
  #503
ProstheticConscience
XTORT
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
To
Jeff Carter
Derek Mckenzie
2012 1st Round

To
Cory Schneider
2012 1st Round

fair deal plus we have a shot at getting the #1 pick in the upcoming draft.
Not even remotely close to fair for CBJ.

And we don't need another centre.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
  #504
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Not even remotely close to fair for CBJ.

And we don't need another centre.
Carter is adapt at playing wing, as well as Kesler.

Though considering the offer is quite low from Vancouver, and I agree CBJ wouldn't agree.
Derek McKenzie would be redundant and I believe put us over the contract limit.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:36 PM
  #505
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,440
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Carter is adapt at playing wing, as well as Kesler.

Though considering the offer is quite low from Vancouver, and I agree CBJ wouldn't agree.
Derek McKenzie would be redundant and I believe put us over the contract limit.
Ask any Flyers fan, Carter really doesn't play well on the wing. He's only good when he plays center.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:44 PM
  #506
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Ask any Flyers fan, Carter really doesn't play well on the wing. He's only good when he plays center.
I think the more obvious problem to that proposal is the cap, but other than that i dont see why that would not work? Last time I check Kesler can play wing as well.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
  #507
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I think the more obvious problem to that proposal is the cap, but other than that i dont see why that would not work? Last time I check Kesler can play wing as well.
I'm sure between the two of them, one would be quite adequate on the wing.

In the offseason, if we lose this playoffs and Luongo is the problem(such as we get outscored heavily) I'd for sure want to look at a Carter for Luongo trade if CBJ would consider.

They acquire a proven starting goaltender with a playoff record. CBJ could even re-sign Sanford, and re-unite the tandem.

Vancouver acquires yet another 25-40 goal scorer for the Top 6. Easily gives Vancouver one of, if not the deepest 6 of Top 6 players in the league.

I'd even be willing to accept Mason back, since we'll need a back up goaltender with NHL experience.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
  #508
Reverend Mayhem
Registered User
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I think the more obvious problem to that proposal is the cap, but other than that i dont see why that would not work? Last time I check Kesler can play wing as well.
Where does Hodgson fit in all this?

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:05 PM
  #509
Proto
Registered User
 
Proto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I'm sure between the two of them, one would be quite adequate on the wing.

In the offseason, if we lose this playoffs and Luongo is the problem(such as we get outscored heavily) I'd for sure want to look at a Carter for Luongo trade if CBJ would consider.

They acquire a proven starting goaltender with a playoff record. CBJ could even re-sign Sanford, and re-unite the tandem.

Vancouver acquires yet another 25-40 goal scorer for the Top 6. Easily gives Vancouver one of, if not the deepest 6 of Top 6 players in the league.

I'd even be willing to accept Mason back, since we'll need a back up goaltender with NHL experience.
Oh god this is gross on every level. I don't like anything about this. Sorry. :barf:

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:45 PM
  #510
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,905
vCash: 894
Luongo won't waive his NTC because they aren't going to ask him to. They are trying to adhere to a code of conduct.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:14 PM
  #511
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Saw the base of the trade in the trade forum & thought id add to it:

Vancouver
Mason Raymond
Ballard
+

for

Colorado
Kyle Quincy
David Jones

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
  #512
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,440
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
Saw the base of the trade in the trade forum & thought id add to it:

Vancouver
Mason Raymond
Ballard
+

for

Colorado
Kyle Quincy
David Jones
The difference between Quincy and Ballard is much larger than the difference between Raymond and Jones.
We would definitely need to add.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 06:06 PM
  #513
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,121
vCash: 814
To
Cory Schneider
Ketih Ballard

To
Pavel Kubina
Steve Downie

Royal Canuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:42 PM
  #514
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
To
Cory Schneider
Ketih Ballard

To
Pavel Kubina
Steve Downie
God no.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
  #515
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
To
Cory Schneider
Ketih Ballard

To
Pavel Kubina
Steve Downie
no offense, but all of your proposals are so bad

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:07 AM
  #516
brandon4679
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
fistric to van

To Van:

Mark Fistric

To Dal:

2nd round pick

brandon4679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:23 AM
  #517
Bombsy
Registered User
 
Bombsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Good point.

Bombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:18 AM
  #518
Steveorama
Registered User
 
Steveorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombsy View Post
Good point.
Disagree.
Waaaaaaay too much analysis in that post. Sometimes, you can over-think an idea, you know?

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:30 AM
  #519
Proto
Registered User
 
Proto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,597
vCash: 500
I will offer my response in a new thread!

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:41 AM
  #520
Jrtu
Registered User
 
Jrtu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon4679 View Post
To Van:

Mark Fistric

To Dal:

2nd round pick
We have way too many left-handed defenseman as it is...
No need to waste a 2nd rd pick on another.
What we need is a top-4, right-handed defenseman.

Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
  #521
deckercky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtu View Post
We have way too many left-handed defenseman as it is...
No need to waste a 2nd rd pick on another.
What we need is a top-4, right-handed defenseman.
Alternatively, a left-handed defenceman who can play on the right side works just as well (as Ehrhoff did). Not sure how Fistric works on the right side.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:53 PM
  #522
nuckfan insk
Registered User
 
nuckfan insk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: saskatoon Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
does he still take a ton of bad penalties ?

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 01:46 PM
  #523
Steveorama
Registered User
 
Steveorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I will offer my response in a new thread!
I literally LOL'd...

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
  #524
TacitEndorsement
Registered User
 
TacitEndorsement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombsy View Post
Good point.

TacitEndorsement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:12 PM
  #525
IKEA
Registered User
 
IKEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
NYI needs some stability and nhl players; VAN could use cap space to sign a true top four defensive man.

trade to new york islanders
raymond (rfa)
ballard

traded to the vancouver canucks
mark martin
4th round pick (2013)


With salo possibly hanging out the skates; if i could have any say i would go after matt carle, a UFA; offer a 4.5 mil x6 years identical to hamhuis' & re-up Rome in case tanev isn't ready for a full season.

martin could play as a key bottom six player, with ZK hopefully making strides to enter the top 6.

the d would be be a stabilizing force

hamhuis - bieksa
elder - carle
tanev - MAG
rome


Last edited by IKEA: 03-01-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: realized NYI traded the 2012 4th earlier
IKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.