HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Clidefr0g

vCash: 500
(proposal)multi trade

First of all I PROFUSELY apologize for putting this in the wrong forum, I spent hours and hours writing this up to post it and found out that it wants me to wait FORTY FIVE DAYS before I can post in the proposal thread.. and well I didnt want to

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, though I have been reading for quite some time. I have been paying very close attention to the vancouver canucks for many years now and I do love our team. I think they have a lot of the right pieces to have a very good team for a lot of years but I do think some changes could be made. I know gillis' mantra is not to sign big ticket names, but more of a moneyball strategy. I however hope he reads this or thinks of it as well because I think a few big name players could really help us out. Everything in this proposal is "possible" but it obviously isnt easy and would take a bit of luck and for a few gut feelings to turn out right.

First I want to address our defense, while I think edler is going to be amazing, I still think we can upgrade.

Edler + Mason raymond + first to nsh for a signed weber (This is not a deal for webers rights, that would be stupid.) I think it is obvious that weber doesnt want to be in nsh, and it is possible we get him for this.. im thinking 7million over 4 years or 6 million over 8 years. I put 6.5million to split the choice and the reason i chose these numbers and nothing higher is because of a few reasons: I dont think he wants to play in nsh, and I think he DOES want to play NEAR BC, and that limits the teams quite considerably, gillis has gotten contracts signed with hometown discounts before and I have faith he can do it with weber.

Sign suter from nsh for 6.5million - Suter is a UFA, some of his best friends are weber and hamhuis, if we can sign weber, suter is more likely to play for us. And with a decent pay raise could be quite happy here.

Now for offence:

trade david booth and keith balard for matt moulson +2nd rd pick from NYI (I personally would like to keep booth, but his cap was the odd one out since I really wanted suter for shutdown D paired with bieksa since hamhuis is the only left side shutdown d we have.) I think both of these players could drastically help NYI

Luongo + 2nd to chicago for kane, kane struggled a bit this year, his trade value is a little lower than it normally would be which flows nicely with gillis' moneyball techniques and chicago REALLY needs a decent goalie. Id rather toews, but.. i think hes untouchable. (keeping in mind I love luongo, but for this trade to work we need to clear that cap space)

NHL salary cap = 64300000 (should go up for this season to approx 65+ million)
$63.631 million - $669 thousand left

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Matt Moulson ($3.133m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Samuel Pahlsson ($2.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.613m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Shea Weber ($6.500m)
Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Marc-Andre Gragnani ($0.605m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($3.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.660m)

If we can find a way to fit salo, I want to keep him for at least another year.

Kane is an amazing playmaking winger, something kesler and the canucks have gravely needed in years past. And brings numerous different elements to our 5v5 and power play options.

Youl notice there is no malhotra, and while i love him, and his faceoff specialties, i think sami pahlsson does his job better and for less money, allthough with slightly less faceoff awesomeness. With that said I would trade him for a high 2nd pick or 2 3rds or include him in the weber or kane trades if needed.

Thanks for reading, those of you that actually have an attention span that is.

Clidefr0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Blob

Although I suppose anything is possible, I can't imagine Luongo going to Chicago.

Although I suppose anything is possible, I can't imagine Kane coming to Vancouver.

Although I suppose anything is possible, I can't imagine Vancouver ending up with Weber and Suter.

Even one of those things happening seems highly unlikely.

Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

i want what you're having

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Gillis would never trade Luongo to Chicago, and Suter has been quoted as saying he won't play in Canada.

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Regal

I know you put work into this, but it seems like it's more something that might work on NHL12 but wouldn't in real life.

The main points:

*Weber is making 7.5 million this season and is gonna be 27 next season. I really can't see him taking a paycut, and considering he could be elite for close to another 10 years, I don't see anything other than a lifetime contract bringing down his cap hit. I think Nashville will push hard to keep him, and I haven't seen anything about him not wanting to be there. If anything I think Suter might leave but Weber will stay. If he had to be dealt, I think something around Edler might be a good option but I still think they would want more than Raymond and a later first added.

*Suter isn't coming here. He seems to want to play in the States, doesn't really have any ties to the team that would suggest he'd come for anything short of a huge deal, and I think he's easily getting 7million +

*I disagree with people that think there's no way Luongo would get traded to Chicago, but there's no way it would be for Kane. I think Luongo has decent trade value despite his contract, but he's not getting a star player in return, let alone one who's 10 years younger and scored his team's cup winning goal only 2 years ago. I'm assuming this stems from the Miller for Kane idea thrown about this season, but most people passed that off as ridiculous from the start as well

Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:38 PM
ProstheticConscience
Blodsvept

--If Nashville signs Weber, they're 99.999% likely to keep him imho.

--Just getting Weber would be pretty much a pipe dream, Weber and Suter is pure fantasy. Nashville's trending up, and I can't see it likely that the Canucks or any other team will pry one or the other out of there now, much less both.

--On one hand, Chicago would be a good destination for Luongo because they actually have good players to trade back unlike the crap sandwiches Toronto keeps trying to foist off on us in the trade forum. On the other, it gives a team I hate and a big rival of the Canucks the steady goaltending they're missing. Kane would be an impossible dream.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Clidefr0g

Ahh i never saw any quotes about suter not wanting to play in canada, thats too bad.

But on the other hand ive heard quotes of weber saying he wants to play closer to home, and the canucks are a very desirable team to play for they get a lot of amenities that other teams do not. A lot of players have signed for a lot less money then they could be getting, and while i completely agree with you that maybe they will still want more money I still think he should try.

Not to mention if you told them of your intentions i think they would be quite happy at the thought of having that strong of a team.

The signing of weber would be conditional of course to being traded to vancouver, It is done all the time to ensure that the team trading doesn't get screwed over in 2 weeks time. And it may take more to get kane, but I dont think much more, if they gave up Kcon that would probably be enough.

Clidefr0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:53 AM
mstad101

What do you guys think would be the limit where Dallas wouldn't match an offer sheet for Jamie Benn?

Maybe a structured deal where he get a nice signing bonus and like a 5 million dollar cap hit?

Young guy, with good size and puck possession skills who can score 25-30 goals while being able to sub in at Centre while Kesler is out, and than could switch to his wing.

I'd offer 5 years 25 million, where he gets a nice 5 million dollar signing bonus and like 4 million salary.

Any other thoughts?

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:41 PM
My Account
Rookie User

To Toronto
Luongo

To Vancouver
Schenn
Scrivens
2nd

To Stl
Edler
Raymond
2nd (Toronto)
3rd

To Vancouver
Oshie
Perron

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Perron
Higgins Oshie Hansen
Malhotra Lappiere Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Schenn
Tanev Salo

Schneider
Lack/Scrivens

My Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Account View Post
To Toronto
Luongo

To Vancouver
Schenn
Scrivens
2nd

To Stl
Edler
Raymond
2nd (Toronto)
3rd

To Vancouver
Oshie
Perron

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Perron
Higgins Oshie Hansen
Malhotra Lappiere Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Schenn
Tanev Salo

Schneider
Lack/Scrivens
I'd rather get Kadri+ than Schenn + Scrivens. Both are redundant, as we have Lack, and we can sign Garrison. Not to mention that our D is pretty lacklustre.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'd rather get Kadri+ than Schenn + Scrivens. Both are redundant, as we have Lack, and we can sign Garrison. Not to mention that our D is pretty lacklustre.
I'm confused, (it happens a lot) your last sentence seems to conflict with the first two.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I'm confused, (it happens a lot) your last sentence seems to conflict with the first two.
Schenn is a good dman, but is no replacement for Edler. He's slower(what I meant by lacklustre) and doesn't really suit our style of play. Edler-Garrison is the pairing I've been hoping for so far, so I am not a huge fan of this trade. Kadri would probably fit in better than Schenn would imho, if we did this.

Old
05-25-2012, 07:57 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Schenn is a good dman, but is no replacement for Edler. He's slower(what I meant by lacklustre) and doesn't really suit our style of play. Edler-Garrison is the pairing I've been hoping for so far, so I am not a huge fan of this trade. Kadri would probably fit in better than Schenn would imho, if we did this.
Not to mention Garrison is ultimately more versatile than Luke Schenn.
Garrison can play both sides of the ice, brings the same size but smarter defensive game, while owning the big shot on the PP

Van would have 2 great pairings in Edler Garrison as offense, and Hamhuis Bieksa defensive.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
natowar

I'm with mstad Garrison (and Schultz hopefully) can give our back end the versatility needed to be able to make a real hockey trade.

I'm of the opinion that Steve Yzerman is full of poo and would love nothing more than to acquire Luongo, for reasons too obvious to mention he's not going to publicly gush over the guy.

To Tampa- Luongo,Raymond,Edler

To Vancouver- Malone,Hedman,10th overall pick

natowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:00 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natowar View Post
I'm with mstad Garrison (and Schultz hopefully) can give our back end the versatility needed to be able to make a real hockey trade.

I'm of the opinion that Steve Yzerman is full of poo and would love nothing more than to acquire Luongo, for reasons too obvious to mention he's not going to publicly gush over the guy.

To Tampa- Luongo,Raymond,Edler

To Vancouver- Malone,Hedman,10th overall pick
I don't wanna give up Edler. Hedman to me is unproven if he could play in a market like Vancouver. Plus I don't think Tampa will give up Hedman.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crossbar View Post
I don't wanna give up Edler. Hedman to me is unproven if he could play in a market like Vancouver. Plus I don't think Tampa will give up Hedman.
I would take Malone and the 10th overall for Luongo. Even throw in Raymond just because.

No reason to get greedy trying acquire Hedman, it's useless, since again he'd be a left hand left side D who is not as proven as Hamhuis and Edler. I wouldn't even put Hedman ahead of Ballard, since one knows the system and the other doesn't.

At least with Malone, you got a guy who can play in the Top 9 anywhere and provide some very necessary size and strength to a mid sized slightly non physical Top 6 we have.
The foot speed may be a concern, but a guy who can hit like a truck and play bigger than anyone else on our team would be a welcome addition.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
sithoutcast

2012-2013 Canucks

Would this work?

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / David Booth ($4.250m)
Zach Parise ($6.750m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($7.727m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Jason Garrison ($2.750m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Marc-Andre Gragnani ($0.605m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($3.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.660m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,237,273; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster):- $937,273

sithoutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Don't want Vinny.
Also, I think the cap is 70.3.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:24 PM
sithoutcast

Quote:
Don't want Vinny.
Also, I think the cap is 70.3.
Kesler would be out half the year with injury.

sithoutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

October isn't half the year, and Vinny's contract makes Luongo's look like a steal.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Burke just flew into Vancouver tonight. Arrived just after 9:00.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Hopefully he has something good to offer...I would rather trade Luongo to Florida for a bit less so I don't have to see the Leafs make the playoffs.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
Quote:
Not saying I don't believe you, but source?

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Was this from ******* ********?

Old
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Not saying I don't believe you, but source?
Quote:
Was this from ******* ********?
Nope, this is from YVR airport, first class flight that landed at 9:16 last night. Leafs fans were quick to point out that his wife is from here so that may be it but he was on the flight last night. He's not a guy you stop and ask for a photograph in first class from while he is talking on the phone before take-off.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote