HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Preds fan here. Things are beginning to look grim in Smashville. If Suter won't re-sign, it looks like Weber is planning on following him out. If he is going to walk as a UFA next summer, we might as well trade him now and get some serious value back.

We need a #1C, something you have two of, as well as a top 4 D replacement if he leaves to eat up a few minutes. Would something around Weber+Spaling for Kesler+Bieksa (or Edler, you pick) work for you guys? Spaling can play some of the PK minutes Kesler did and is a solid 3/4 center.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Preds fan here. Things are beginning to look grim in Smashville. If Suter won't re-sign, it looks like Weber is planning on following him out. If he is going to walk as a UFA next summer, we might as well trade him now and get some serious value back.

We need a #1C, something you have two of, as well as a top 4 D replacement if he leaves to eat up a few minutes. Would something around Weber+Spaling for Kesler+Bieksa (or Edler, you pick) work for you guys? Spaling can play some of the PK minutes Kesler did and is a solid 3/4 center.
Kesler has a NTC and it just kicked in on July 1st. Bieksa also has a NTC. Unless both of them decide to waive to it, I don't see them moving. In addition we are kind of weak down the center position. To prove it we are supposedly we are asking for Bjugstad, centerman from Florida for Luongo as the main piece coming back but Florida isn't bitting.

I have no problem offering Edler + in a deal for Weber. Go through our roster take a look, I think most our players can be had for Weber in a deal.

NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post
Kesler has a NTC and it just kicked in on July 1st. Bieksa also has a NTC. Unless both of them decide to waive to it, I don't see them moving. In addition we are kind of weak down the center position . To prove it we are supposedly we are asking for Bjugstad for Florida for Luongo as the main piece coming back but Florida isn't bitting atm. I have no problem offering Edler + in a deal for Weber.
Pass. Trading Weber is our only chance to solve our top line center problem. I totally understand why you won't trade Kesler (if I didn't think he was good I wouldn't be asking for him), but I'm sure someone around the league will offer one for Weber (Krejci, Lecavalier, Duchene/Statsny, etc.)

Old
07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Pass. Trading Weber is our only chance to solve our top line center problem. I totally understand why you won't trade Kesler (if I didn't think he was good I wouldn't be asking for him), but I'm sure someone around the league will offer one for Weber (Krejci, Lecavalier, Duchene/Statsny, etc.)
Trust me you don't want Lecavalier...that contract is awful. If you are one those people who think Luongo's contract is bad, take a look at Lecavalier's

Old
07-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Trust me you don't want Lecavalier...that contract is awful. If you are one those people who think Luongo's contract is bad, take a look at Lecavalier's
I actually don't see what is so bad about Luongo's contract, personally. If we didn't have Rinne, I'd love to get Lu.

I know Lecavalier's is awful, but if Weber and Suter both leave, we have 30 million dollars of cap space.....

Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
I actually don't see what is so bad about Luongo's contract, personally. If we didn't have Rinne, I'd love to get Lu.

I know Lecavalier's is awful, but if Weber and Suter both leave, we have 30 million dollars of cap space.....
Damn, that's a lot.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Damn, that's a lot.
We still have to re-sign SK, Wilson, Blum, and a few other guys, but we prepared as if we were going to re-sign Suter (8mil), Weber (8mil), and bring in offensive help like Parise, Nash, or Ryan (8mil). So we have tons of cash to play with

Old
07-02-2012, 09:53 AM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
We still have to re-sign SK, Wilson, Blum, and a few other guys, but we prepared as if we were going to re-sign Suter (8mil), Weber (8mil), and bring in offensive help like Parise, Nash, or Ryan (8mil). So we have tons of cash to play with
As much as I want Weber to come home. I hope you guys can keep him and build around him. If he's not a Canuck, I hope he stays a Predator. Let's hope you can get some offensive help. Nashville fans are a swell bunch and deserve a good team

Old
07-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Vancouver-Florida-Columbus. Nash-Luongo-Prospects/Picks

Vancouver-Florida-Columbus. Nash-Luongo-Prospects/Picks

Hey guys,

Here what I was thinking:

To Florida: Roberto Luongo
To Vancouver: Rick Nash
To Columbus: Prospect and 1st rounder from Florida, AND Prospect and a 1st rounder from Vancouver.

Let's face it. No team is going to give up whatever it is that Columbus is asking for Rick Nash. However, if TWO teams split that bill, then it makes it easier obviously......while CBJ gets what they want.

It's also obvious that Florida is only willing to give up a prospect and 1st rounder for Roberto Luongo (prospect NOT being Gudbranson) whereas Gillis is looking for more than that.

So - this proposal makes Florida happy as well.

The Canucks on the other hand, get their much needed Top 6 impact power forward that can either help the Canucks create an unstoppable top line with the twins, or two very good scoring lines with Nash supporting Kesler.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited by Farhan Lalji*: 07-08-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Farhan Lalji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Toastman

Florida doesnt want Luongo and his contract

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:03 PM
AvantiCanada*

I wouldn't go broadcasting that proposal, Farhan.

AvantiCanada* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
I'm sure the same was said about Campbell and his contract.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Canucks4CupPrettyPlz

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Somebody call GMMG!!! ;-)

Canucks4CupPrettyPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:14 PM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Sure. What the hell. And Florida's gotta hit the cap floor somehow.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Are you sure about this?

From what I've been hearing, Florida is definitely interested in having Luongo back but aren't interested in trading a top level prospect (Gudbranson, etc.) for Lou. They'd be willing to have Luongo back if the price/package is acceptable for them.

If Florida isn't interested, then use Toronto instead (as part of the 3-way package).

Old
07-08-2012, 02:17 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Huh? You know this, how?

As to the OP, you seem to have Columbus receiving a 1st rounder and a prospect from themselves. I imagine you mean from Florida?

So Florida gives up prospect and 1st rounder, gets Luongo.

Vancouver gives up Luongo, 1st rounder and prospect, gets Nash (steep!)

Columbus gives up Nash, gets two 1st rounders, two prospects (probably not enough?)

ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinka Dene View Post
I wouldn't go broadcasting that proposal, Farhan.
Why not? It seems pretty fair to me.

Columbus wants to unload Nash obviously, but no one team is going to give up what Columbus expects from a Nash deal. Hence - two teams can split that bill. Either way - Columbus gets two prospects and two 1st rounders.

Luongo gets to go home and Florida only gives up a prospect and a 1st.

The Canucks give up Luongo, 1st rounder, and either Schroder or Jensen, and get Rick Nash.

I think it seems fair, and all 3 teams would pretty much get what they'd want and expect. ???

Old
07-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I'm sure the same was said about Campbell and his contract.
Exactly. Another poster also made a good point, that Florida often struggles to to make/exceed the cap floor. A Luongo deal would help them in this regard.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:21 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Source?

07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
Huh? You know this, how?

As to the OP, you seem to have Columbus receiving a 1st rounder and a prospect from themselves. I imagine you mean from Florida?

So Florida gives up prospect and 1st rounder, gets Luongo.

Vancouver gives up Luongo, 1st rounder and prospect, gets Nash (steep!)

Columbus gives up Nash, gets two 1st rounders, two prospects (probably not enough?)
Yes, that is correct. I meant Florida (I have now corrected mistake).

And yes - you have the scenario correct. Florida would give up a prospect and 1st for Luongo.

Vancouver would be giving up Lou, a 1st, and a prospect for Nash, but realistically, it's only a 1st and a prospect for Nash since we already have Corey Schneider. Luongo at this point, is just an extra piece for us at this point.

You're probably right about Columbus. Maybe Florida can throw in Theodore and we can throw in Raymond?

Old
07-08-2012, 02:27 PM
vadim sharifijanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks4CupPrettyPlz View Post
Seems pretty reasonable to me. Somebody call GMMG!!! ;-)
i think farhan has MG's phone number...

seriously though, i've been proposing the exact same deal, only for weber instead of nash. not sure how realistic it is, given that i don't think we have any idea what poile or weber want to do right now, but i flat out don't want nash at that cap hit.

it's not like we're the kings and nash would be our fifth most important forward (like jeff carter, also an overpaid bum). if we get nash, we are counting on him to score 40+ goals. no thanks.

furthermore, the last thing i want to see is another '04 bertuzzi. from all the games i've seen nash play in recent years (excluding the olympics, but including a game that i saw in person and really noticed how he was basically doing sculls and scratching his balls when he was away from the play), the guy is a total disgrace. i kind of don't want nash at any cap hit. might as well trade for heatley; he's a one-shot goal scorer too.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:32 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan Lalji View Post
Yes, that is correct. I meant Florida (I have now corrected mistake).

And yes - you have the scenario correct. Florida would give up a prospect and 1st for Luongo.

Vancouver would be giving up Lou, a 1st, and a prospect for Nash, but realistically, it's only a 1st and a prospect for Nash since we already have Corey Schneider. Luongo at this point, is just an extra piece for us at this point.

You're probably right about Columbus. Maybe Florida can throw in Theodore and we can throw in Raymond?
I guess the problem is, for Columbus, the 1st round picks wouldn't be all that high most likely, and they wouldn't get anything to make their team better now. I believe they have received better offers than this and turned them down. It's not bad value, but it may not serve their needs to actually put a winning team on the ice this year. Raymond and Theodore don't help that much. We would probably have to sweeten the deal even more.

ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
i think farhan has MG's phone number...

seriously though, i've been proposing the exact same deal, only for weber instead of nash. not sure how realistic it is, given that i don't think we have any idea what poile or weber want to do right now, but i flat out don't want nash at that cap hit.

it's not like we're the kings and nash would be our fifth most important forward (like jeff carter, also an overpaid bum). if we get nash, we are counting on him to score 40+ goals. no thanks.

furthermore, the last thing i want to see is another '04 bertuzzi. from all the games i've seen nash play in recent years (excluding the olympics, but including a game that i saw in person and really noticed how he was basically doing sculls and scratching his balls when he was away from the play), the guy is a total disgrace. i kind of don't want nash at any cap hit. might as well trade for heatley; he's a one-shot goal scorer too.
Given how the salary cap seems to be rising, which has resulted in more lucrative contracts for players, I don't think Nash's cap hit will be TOO bad in a few years.

Weber will probably get Crosby type money (8.7 mill).

As far as Nash goes, lets face it: He's been in Columbus and 99% of players there would not be at full motivation. Look at how Kovalchuk performed in New Jersey this year......compared to his last few seasons in Atlanta.

There is probably a reason why Nash played so well at the Olympics.

Nash is 27, and has never been in a position to win a Stanley Cup or play with top-tier linemates during the regular season. If he came to Vancouver, you would have to think that he'd be pumped beyond belief.

Nash wouldn't have to score 40+ goals while being here. His presence alone however, would ensure that either.....

1) The Sedin line would be so dominating to the point where even top shut down 'D' and/or shut down centers from elite teams would have a tough time containing them.

2) Nash, alongside a healthy Kesler, would give us two #1 lines.......which would prevent opposing teams in the playoffs from just totally zero'ing in on the twins.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
I guess the problem is, for Columbus, the 1st round picks wouldn't be all that high most likely, and they wouldn't get anything to make their team better now. I believe they have received better offers than this and turned them down. It's not bad value, but it may not serve their needs to actually put a winning team on the ice this year. Raymond and Theodore don't help that much. We would probably have to sweeten the deal even more.
Good points.

My line of thought is this: Regardless of what happens, Columbus won't be putting together a winning team this year anyways. They are still quite far from that.

You have to believe that at some point, Columbus will realize that what they're asking for in return for Nash is simply unrealistic.........in a cap era.

2 prospects + 2 1st rounders + freed up cap space in a salary cap era isn't too shabby of a deal.

If we throw in Jensen while Florida throws in one of their top prospects (not Gudbranson), then that in itself should be a good foundation for Columbus. Columbus would also have their own 1st round pick as well.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Decent proposal, although I am loathe to give up a 1st. This is supposed to be a really deep draft, so even with the 25+ overall pick we might still pick up a potential star.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote