HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-08-2012, 02:48 PM
KISSland

vCash: 500
Isnt Vancouver not on Nashs list of teams ?

How about pending Webers situation:

Florida: Luongo
Vancouver: Weber
Nashville: Edler

Base of the deal. Add picks, prospects, roster players to make it work.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Decent proposal, although I am loathe to give up a 1st. This is supposed to be a really deep draft, so even with the 25+ overall pick we might still pick up a potential star.
Good point.

On the flip side of this however, it also might be a reason as to why Columbus would go for something like this.

Farhan Lalji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Farhan Lalji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post

To the best of my knowledge, Nash did list Vancouver as one of his desired destinations.

As far as Weber goes, my only concern for that is both Vancouver and Florida would have to give up some very significant pieces in that proposed 3 way deal. Weber will command more than Nash as he is a more proven player......and unlike Nash, is the very best player at his position in the league (or atleast top 3).

Florida would have to give up Gudbranson and I don't think that's something they'd be willing to do. We would probably have to throw in Kesler.

Old
07-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Farhan Lalji*

I'm also wondering if Lou would be willing to go to Anaheim?

If so - then the Ducks could throw Bobby Ryan and Hiller Columbus' way.

To Columbus: Ryan, Hiller.
To Vancouver: Nash, Mason.
To Anaheim: Luongo, Raymond.

Or something like that? I don't know.....

Old
07-08-2012, 03:32 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Would this be a TSN turning point if it were to happen?

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
ddawg1950

As far as three ways go, it's a decent proposal.

But three ways rarely happen...either in the NHL world or Barney Stinson's world.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Also I don't think the other teams would do this, but I would do all for it as a vancouver stand point.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:36 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Where the heck did Farhan find this site? Did Mackenzie lure him in here?!

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
Where the heck did Farhan find this site? Did Mackenzie lure him in here?!
Remember bob's legendary thread, can't find it

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan Lalji View Post
I'm also wondering if Lou would be willing to go to Anaheim?

If so - then the Ducks could throw Bobby Ryan and Hiller Columbus' way.

To Columbus: Ryan, Hiller.
To Vancouver: Nash, Mason.
To Anaheim: Luongo, Raymond.

Or something like that? I don't know.....
I find that to be very lateral for the Ducks. Luongo yes is better than Hiller, but it certainly isn't to the degree of the difference between Ryan and Raymond.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Remember bob's legendary thread, can't find it
Lol the one where he called some Calgary fan an @$$ clown?

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:59 PM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Florida doesnt want Luongo and his contract
orly?

Quote:
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
@Real_ESPNLeBrun says Panthers ownership has okayed taking on a salary like Roberto Luongo's. (June 26th)

King of Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:39 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
Given how the salary cap seems to be rising, which has resulted in more lucrative contracts for players, I don't think Nash's cap hit will be TOO bad in a few years.

Weber will probably get Crosby type money (8.7 mill).

As far as Nash goes, lets face it: He's been in Columbus and 99% of players there would not be at full motivation. Look at how Kovalchuk performed in New Jersey this year......compared to his last few seasons in Atlanta.

There is probably a reason why Nash played so well at the Olympics.

Nash is 27, and has never been in a position to win a Stanley Cup or play with top-tier linemates during the regular season. If he came to Vancouver, you would have to think that he'd be pumped beyond belief.

Nash wouldn't have to score 40+ goals while being here. His presence alone however, would ensure that either.....

1) The Sedin line would be so dominating to the point where even top shut down 'D' and/or shut down centers from elite teams would have a tough time containing them.

2) Nash, alongside a healthy Kesler, would give us two #1 lines.......which would prevent opposing teams in the playoffs from just totally zero'ing in on the twins.
i think everything you say here is possible. but i also wonder whether if what you describe is the best case scenario.

nash is a wonderful talent, no doubt. when he's on his game, he could be a winger version of kopitar.

i don't think kovalchuk is a good comparison. kovalchuk had seven top ten scoring seasons, and four top fives before he went to new jersey. he was/is a very special talent and a clear step above nash. nash has never scored 80 points in a season. kovalchuk had more than 40 goals six years in a row going into his mega-deal with jersey. nash has topped 40 goals exactly once (41).

but i would refer you again to the guy we used to think was better than kovalchuk: dany heatley. when he left atlanta, and ottawa traded hossa for him, the thinking was, "well sure he's done stupid crap before, but if we surround him with professionals maybe he can turn into a professional. but when the playoff came around, heatley got his points but was a non-factor." the team canada heatley never emerged when it counted in the NHL. and when things got rough, there was heatley bailing on his team again. the sens gambled that it was just extraordinary circumstances that made him want to leave atlanta, even though there was a minority among us at the time who thought, "gee atlanta has done everything for this guy. he had a support system around him that included slava kozlov, who went through the exact same situation as he did when he was a kid and helped him through it. why would he now turn around and want out?" the answer they found out is because he's a quitter.

do i know that nash is a quitter? of course not. but i've seen him dog it like '04 bertuzzi with my own eyes. that game i saw him play in, his team was down 5-2 going into the third. he was a complete non-factor all game and, as i said, basically skated sculls while scratching his balls, which you don't see on tv because the camera's not on him when he's away from the play. in the third period, he got his points. two goals, one was a beautiful highlight goal. end result: his team lost 6-4 and he was the second star of the game. that's not a guy i want.

maybe nash starts trying when he's got the sedins in front of him and kesler on his line, and edler feeding him breakout passes? sure, maybe. but was heatley worth a damn when he had thornton, marleau, boyle, pavelski, clowe, etc.? no, he was still the same p.o.s. they basically had to give away to gamble on an injury prone and enigmatic martin havlat.

me personally, i'm all for reclamation projects if the guy had some rough years due to injuries or bad luck or an unfavorable situation but still gave it his all. i don't think booth is a great fit necessarily, but i'm willing to see what he does this year because his struggles to my eyes haven't been for lack of effort. but i'd be loathe to gamble on a reclamation project who has basically vince cartered his team for the last few years. wouldn't you rather have a guy that has never dogged it, no matter how hopeless his team? if i were florida in '07 i would have never gambled on bertuzzi. if i were san jose, i would have never gambled on heatley. i'm not in the semin camp, and i certainly don't want nash either. i know they can't all be shane doan, but at the same time aren't we all clamoring for more shane doans on our team?

now weber, we can probably assume that he will need a very similar contract to what nash got, and as you say maybe a higher cap hit. but none of these character issues are in play with weber. the guy is a blood and guts leader, and he's flat out a better player than nash. in terms of cap hit, if you're negotiating an extension with edler, it's much easier to say, "you've seen the guy. you respect the guy and you want to play on his team. he's proven himself and is a two-time first team all-star. we can't give you weber money."

now if you're negotiating an extension with the sedins in a couple of years, it would be potentially much harder to say, "no you can't have rick nash money." because their agents will say, "these two guys have won you scoring championships, MVPs, henrik captained you to game seven of the cup finals, and these guys are integral parts of the community. and you'll give $7.8 million to that fat lazy batard until 2018 but you want your franchise players to take a hometown discount? i'll call you back; i've got burkie on the phone."

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
KISSland

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, Nash did list Vancouver as one of his desired destinations.

As far as Weber goes, my only concern for that is both Vancouver and Florida would have to give up some very significant pieces in that proposed 3 way deal. Weber will command more than Nash as he is a more proven player......and unlike Nash, is the very best player at his position in the league (or atleast top 3).

Florida would have to give up Gudbranson and I don't think that's something they'd be willing to do. We would probably have to throw in Kesler.
As much as I would enjoy Nash on my team if we have to overpay for Weber I would.

And the value for Weber really depends on where he wants to play. They can play it out like the Staal situation where they try and re-sign him and if he disagrees for an extension then ask him where he wants to go. If Vancouver's his destination then I don't think we would have to overpay.

Weber really has all the power here.

Florida: Luongo, Raymond
Vancouver: Weber, Upshall
Nashville: Edler, Jensen, 1st, Florida's 1st, Bjugstad

We would have to shed Ballards salary but it is doable.

Best case scenario would be to sign him if he hits ufa but I dont think it gets to that.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

Quote:

Might want to start with Florida actually giving up something...

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:41 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:

Nice deal for Florida

If Van could get something like Bjugstad too, I'd be all over this
But Nash wants more, Fla would want to send back cap ...it gets complicated

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:51 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Nice deal for Florida

If Van could get something like Bjugstad too, I'd be all over this
But Nash wants more, Fla would want to send back cap ...it gets complicated
I don't mind waiving any of Florida's dead weight.

Weber on his own is worth Luongo, Edler. No way you add Kesler to the deal and kill your 2nd line with no insurance.

And I'd be willing to make that move even without Bjugstad.

Honestly if it were up to me I would just sign him to an offersheet and handcuff Nashvilles hand...

If Nash is on our list then I'd go for it, but it kills my Weber dream so unless Weber is not willing to come here I'd have to turn the idea of Nash down.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Florida doesnt want Luongo and his contract
You are sure going to eat your words when Luongo gets traded there Monday or Tuesday.

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:20 AM
YotesFan47

Mason Raymond to Phoenix

What would it take to get Raymond's rights to the Coyotes? His production has decreased the last 2 seasons but would you accept a 2013 3rd and the rights to Tikhonov for him? We couldn't give up any NHL forwards, only defensive prospects otherwise.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:21 AM
BoHorvatFan

OMG just take him please. I saw this title and got excited thinking something was close. 3rd round pick.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

Yandle for Raymond?

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:23 AM
biturbo19

Rundblad plz.

thanks.

Seriously though, as much as Raymond is a whipping boy around here...Tikhonov + 3rd doesn't make any sense for Vancouver. Unless we do somethign else that puts us right up against the cap, Tikhonov is probably not a real upgrade on Raymond...even if he pans out and plays in NA. And with a 3rd round pick, you're still lucky to get a player of Raymond's ilk.

So as much as some fans here will be willing to throw Raymond away for the cost of a bus ticket down to Phoenix...i seriously doubt he'd be available for a package that doesn't make the Canucks better now, or provide a potential future upgrade.

Something around Goncharov would potentially intrigue me.

Last edited by biturbo19: 07-09-2012 at 12:31 AM.
biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:24 AM
JanBulisPiggyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Yandle for Raymond?
For the new ownership deal to fall through and Shane Doan to sign with the Canucks

JanBulisPiggyBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CCF
This is the year....

He's yours.

Thank you.

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTechnik
Showtime

Here I am thinking Raymond just got traded for realz...

Just give us a 2012 3rd.

MTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote