HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-19-2012, 05:57 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

vCash: 500
I'd rather see Pavel Bure on one leg than Brendan Morrison.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:03 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenayfan View Post
How old is he now? I actually would not mind seeing him as an injury replacement/ mentor type player..the season is long and seems we can use a guy like him at times.
37 this year.

I think BMo is just about done.

Had a good year in 10/11 with Iginla/Tanguay... but last year traded by the Flames after 28 games. Played 39 games last year with 11 points, -5... less than 50% faceoffs and only playing 14 mins/game.

Other UFA centers make better fits for 3rd line:

-Arnott
-Langkow
-Moore

All better options.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Barney Gumble

Would've been useful a couple years ago when he had a tryout but sadly the coaching staff went another direction.

Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Anodyne

Even if we were having this conversation a couple of seasons ago, Alain would never.

Anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 50
Maybe as an assistant for the Wolves.

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Jyrki21
Trade request DENIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
No. That ship has sailed.
I'm not saying I'd sign him, but why is this always the immediate reaction whenever someone mentions bringing back a former player? What relevance does it have if he once played for the team before?

Jyrki21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:36 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Haired Shanks View Post
i was just wondering if you think morrison could be our 3rd line center. he was really good for us when he played here and now he just isnt being given a chance with his new teams. a couple years ago he had 43pts in 66games while posting a +13 on a bad calgary team. he could fill in for kes while he is out he has the skill set to do so and he can be our 3rd line checking guy.

3rd line of : Raymond-Morrison-Hansen.
they can shut down teams and put up points. i would offer him 1year @ 1mill, then he can retire a canuck

so what do you think would you risk going after him
why not just bring back Nasland and Bertuzzi as well? Morrison is a 4th liner on a bad team at best

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:04 AM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
No. That ship has sailed.
Not only has that ship sailed, but it capsized and leaked fuel into the Pacific Ocean.

There were no survivors.

King of Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:19 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
I'm not saying I'd sign him, but why is this always the immediate reaction whenever someone mentions bringing back a former player? What relevance does it have if he once played for the team before?
I really don't think this has anything to do with the fact he used to play here, but rather that anyone who saw his excursion in Chicago knows he's done in the NHL.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:26 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
I'd rather see Pavel Bure on one leg than Brendan Morrison.
Who wouldn't.

Brendan Morrison is done, and I'd be extremely disappointed if he was penciled in as the third line center for next season, as I wouldn't even like to have him centering the fourth line.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:25 AM
mstad101

82 percent against Morrison signing.
If he signed a pro try out and was in some preseason games for nostalgia than that may be worth seeing, but man he was not even bad, but down right terrible in Chicago last year.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 05:13 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Missing out on every FA that didn't grow up in BC isn't a story is it? Surely the naptime advice and splendid buffets make up for wreckage like Ballard? Vancouver is a destination team, right? What about the coaching certainty?

At least Gillis isn't on the hook for Doan. Adding age is folly! FFS!

If Gillis really wants to improve the team he must convert assets into useful pieces. Non fits Ballard and Luongo must be converted into promising youngsters that address team weaknesses.

As much as Gillis refuses to acknowledge it, it cannot be denied any longer that the Sedins need a bodygaurd on the ice with them at all times. Kesler's line is not balanced in the traditional sense. Really, the top six is a top four with one guy on both lines! Clone Burrows or make changes!

Gillis might not be the right guy. I think he is proving that, now. His stubborn refusal to play the game has cost the team very harshly. The league is not moving towards his fantasy model! In fact, it is moving away from the Gillis projections! Perhaps it is time to move away from Gillis?

Fire Gillis. Hire Roy. Trade Schnieder and Edler for a top six fix. Ottawa has the pieces to make this work.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Reverend Mayhem

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
^ Boy, that escalated quickly.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Missing out on every FA that didn't grow up in BC isn't a story is it? Surely the naptime advice and splendid buffets make up for wreckage like Ballard? Vancouver is a destination team, right? What about the coaching certainty?

If Gillis really wants to improve the team he must convert assets into useful pieces. Non fits Ballard and Luongo must be converted into promising youngsters that address team weaknesses.

As much as Gillis refuses to acknowledge it, it cannot be denied any longer that the Sedins need a bodygaurd on the ice with them at all times. Kesler's line is not balanced in the traditional sense. Really, the top six is a top four with one guy on both lines! Clone Burrows or make changes!

Gillis might not be the right guy. I think he is proving that, now. His stubborn refusal to play the game has cost the team very harshly. The league is not moving towards his fantasy model! In fact, it is moving away from the Gillis projections! Perhaps it is time to move away from Gillis?

Fire Gillis. Hire Roy. Trade Schnieder and Edler for a top six fix. Ottawa has the pieces to make this work.
Then we don't have a goalie and our defence is terrible. Come up with a better plan

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:49 AM
crazycanuck

Quote:

Wow, someone is overreacting...

Getting Doan was a long shot, he wants desperately to stay in Phoenix. As long as Phoenix has a hope of having stable ownership Doan will be a Coyote.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Scurr

Before Gillis, we weren't getting any FA's, not even the guys from here. I have no idea how anyone could crap on the GM in the middle of the best run in team history. Baffling.

Scurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

vCash: 814
Here's a couple Luongo proposals worth an opinion from the thread;

To
G Roberto Luongo
VAN 2013 1st

To
TML 2013 1st
C Matt Frattin
C Tyler Bozak

To
D Jake Gardiner
TML 2013 2nd

To
G Roberto Luongo

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:24 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Greetings Nucks fans!

Curious Coyotes fan coming in peace, here.

It was pretty well reported that Vancouver was Shane Doan's second choice behind Phoenix during his free agency. As we all know, he elected to stay home in the Valley.

Since that time the political climate in Glendale has changed fairly significantly and hope for an agreement with our latest potential owner and the City of Glendale is pretty slight. I won't bore you with the details, but there are several enormous hurdles yet to be cleared and soon the will need to be cleared in an extremely hostile environment and without further rent payments made to the NHL. In short: I expect the Coyotes will be relocated. Given the progress made in Quebec, I expect QC will get the team, rather than Seattle who is at least a year behind.

I don't expect Shane Doan will be willing to move to Quebec. I do expect there are three or four other teams he would be willing to move to. Teams like Dallas, Los Angeles, San Jose, and of course..........Vancouver.

Do you guys guess that there would still be interest in Doan, given the way his contract is structured?

If so, what do you think the Canucks would be willing to give up in a trade?

Thanks.

11-15-2012, 10:33 AM
StringerBell

Mind saving us lazy folk from having to look up how his contract ended up being structured? I imagine there would still be interest.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:41 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Mind saving us lazy folk from having to look up how his contract ended up being structured? I imagine there would still be interest.
4yrs, 5.3m cap hit

1. 6.05m (2m of this deferred until AFTER his contract expires, which is retirement incentive)
2. 5.55m
3. 5.05m
4. 4.55m

Full NMC.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:48 AM
dave babych returns

I don't know that I'd give a lot. I might be willing to move salary for salary (eg. a guy like David Booth or maybe Keith Ballard if we had another deal worked out to replace him) but I wouldn't be keen on giving up prospects and picks to take on that deal - which in my opinion is a substantial risk.

Each year is worth less than the last and I doubt the team and thus Doan would move until at least year two of the deal, more likely year three.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
StringerBell

What is Phoenix looking for? Forward help I imagine? It would have to be a largely futures package, given the team's intent to compete now, obviously.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:02 AM
ginner classic

Quote:

Given how fast the rebuilding clubs have come on I do not disagree with the panic shown in this post. This is our last year to compete for the cup with the current squad. Given that, I would also not be opposed to moving Schneider as I don't see him re-signing here if we are in the midst of a rebuild.

Kesler and Edler are the other chips. For me the panic moment is Edler. If Gillis keeps him for a cup run only to lose him, he is doing this team a tremendous disservice. Either sign him, or move him.

I like the Philly style rebuild better than the Edmonton model, and that involved trading players in their prime. Granted, Edmonton may one day be dominant, but at what price.

Ballard also has value, but it must be seen if Edler can be signed or not. If he can, Ballard can be traded.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Yeah, I'd love to have Doan, but I wouldn't offer a huge package at this point. I assume the management would likely acquiesce and trade him virtually anywhere he wanted after waiting as long as he did to see where Phoenix was going.

A futures package like Schroeder, 2nd, a 1st in 2014 if we make the SCF in any of the next two years, and Ballard(salary reasons).

Something like that is what I'd expect if things go sour.

It's a shame, though as I really like Phoenix as a team, and I hope somehow things work out.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Ballard (as much as I love the guy) is probably a no go, considering the potential log-jam at D.

I'm sure the Nordiques will be looking to throw some money around during Free Agency, so I wouldn't expect a roster player is totally necessary in return. I know Phoenix management was really, really high on Gaunce at the draft, but I'm not sure that'd matter much in this scenario. Obviously Jensen would be tremendously appealing, but I can't believe Vancouver would part with him, at this point.

Also, the deal could potentially be expanded to include guys like David Rundblad, Connor Murphy, Max Goncharov, David Schlemko, Chris Summers, Mike Stone, etc. Looks like you guys are prospect deep on F and we are prospect deep on D. Could make some sense.

Something simple like picks could also work, I suppose.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote