HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal - Los Angeles

Old
08-07-2011, 01:16 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - Los Angeles

Montreal

Alexander Avtstin
4th round pick

for

Los Angeles

Marc-Andre Cliche
Andrew Campbell

I think it would be ideal to get another right handed centerman for the future. He could potentially play 3rd - 4th line minutes. Enough time until Eller can try to find a groove to be a 2nd line center. Campbell would be a good addition to a backend that could use a defensive minded dman and be good for the future. Good size.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Mtl6

Having fun?

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:22 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Kings say no. The Kings organization is high on Campbell, hoping he can be a replacement for Scuds or Mitchell in the next couple of years as a shutdown dmen.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Cliche and Campbell are likely to be on assignment waivers this fall? I don't see too much point in trading for them at this point?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
jonnybullit4390

No from Mtl pov !! Cliche Will never be in The nhl ... He is a ahler ... It sad cause I really liked him in Lewiston !! Atsvin will be a good RW he is still young and Mtl doesn't need an other dman prospect in Campbell we have enough

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:27 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
Having fun?
Its for adding depth to the prospect pool and also filling some holes in Hamilton. I know Trotter was brought back, Dawes, Boyd had both left. I think it would a good addition with bringing in a guy like Campbell to have a guy who could be ready in a year or two. I think it would be a good prospect addition this move.

Defense

Tinordi
Beaulieu
Mitera
Diaz
Nash
Stejskal

Campbell*

Forward

Leblanc
Engqvist
Schultz
Nattinen
Blunden
Palushaj
Conboy
Berger

Cliche*

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybullit4390 View Post
No from Mtl pov !! Cliche Will never be in The nhl ... He is a ahler ... It sad cause I really liked him in Lewiston !! Atsvin will be a good RW he is still young and Mtl doesn't need an other dman prospect in Campbell we have enough
Cliche has already played a game in the NHL so you're already off on the wrong foot. If the Kings weren't so deep at center already, he'd be the Kings 4th line center easily.

As for the original deal, I'd do it.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:39 PM
jonnybullit4390

I know he played few game in the NHL but what him saying is that he will be a guy Nigel Dawes with less skill .. He will always go up and down every year !! Stop with the dept ... It just meen that he isn't good enough to play in the NHL ... If he would he woulda have made is spot by winning a spot on the wing or at center ... + he had alot of injury couple past years

Old
08-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Kings say no. The Kings organization is high on Campbell, hoping he can be a replacement for Scuds or Mitchell in the next couple of years as a shutdown dmen.
No offense but you seem to think every Kings prospect is a replacement for either player X or player Y. Even when that player is a fringe prospect.

I like the Kings depth very much but lets not get crazy. Andrew Campbell for Christ's sake...a soon to be 24 year old defenseman who hasnt even seen NHL surface yet is now untradeable too ?

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
I know he played few game in the NHL but what him saying is that he will be a guy Nigel Dawes with less skill .. He will always go up and down every year !! Stop with the dept ... It just meen that he isn't good enough to play in the NHL ... If he would he woulda have made is spot by winning a spot on the wing or at center ... + he had alot of injury couple past years
I fail to see any comparison with Nigel Dawes. Perhaps with NHL 2011 on your Nintendo and even that is hard to understand.

Old
08-07-2011, 02:17 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I fail to see any comparison with Nigel Dawes. Perhaps with NHL 2011 on your Nintendo and even that is hard to understand.
Of course you can't compare him to Nigel Dawes. At least Dawes can score in the AHL. Cliche can't even do that.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 02:30 PM
jonnybullit4390

Quote:
Dawes have way more skill then cliche !! Cliche will be on waiver sooner than later !!stop overrating your prospect and tell me what did cliche do in the ahl or in the NHL ?? He will never be more then a fourth liner !!

Old
08-07-2011, 02:41 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
No offense but you seem to think every Kings prospect is a replacement for either player X or player Y. Even when that player is a fringe prospect.

I like the Kings depth very much but lets not get crazy. Andrew Campbell for Christ's sake...a soon to be 24 year old defenseman who hasnt even seen NHL surface yet is now untradeable too ?
No, I don't. The KINGS believe he will be the replacement for one of them. I don't see it. But this deal is pointless to me. I'd rather have my meh than the Habs meh.

Old
08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Dawes have way more skill then cliche !! Cliche will be on waiver sooner than later !!stop overrating your prospect and tell me what did cliche do in the ahl or in the NHL ?? He will never be more then a fourth liner !!
Oh sorry my friend ! Nigel Dawes has more skill than Trevor Lewis too ! Trevor Lewis is playing NHL hockey ! Stop whining about your fanboy and tell me when Cliche kicked your dog ?!

Seriously now....I dont care one bit about either Cliche or Dawes.

Just say that you think that Cliche is scrub. That makes more sense than saying he's a Nigel Dawes with less skill. Cliche is much bigger and plays a totally different game. I'm not talking about NHL potential.

Old
08-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Halifaxhab*

I wouldn't do it. Avtsin only played 1 season pro and he played hurt so I would give him a couple more years, especially seeing as how MTL lacks alot of depth at RW in the pros.

Cliche, he's a tweener....at best, and the only reason I could see that some MTL fans would want him is because of where he is from.

And if Cliche spends his time kicking dogs....that is not what we need....although it is smarter than pushing an LAPD cop.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 04:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

I would take this if i was La I really don't see Campbell cracking our defense Theres at least 5 ahead of him on the depth chart. As for Cliche hes a meh player He may get a cup of coffee If theres a serious flu going around and hes healthy at the time [lol] The 4th in a very deep draft may turn out to be the best player. With the Kings getting better at drafting I would take this deal and run.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 04:42 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I would take this if i was La I really don't see Campbell cracking our defense Theres at least 5 ahead of him on the depth chart. As for Cliche hes a meh player He may get a cup of coffee If theres a serious flu going around and hes healthy at the time [lol] The 4th in a very deep draft may turn out to be the best player. With the Kings getting better at drafting I would take this deal and run.
Dean Lombardi loves Campbell so I doubt he gets moved because he has a low trade value but a high value to the Kings brass.

Old
08-07-2011, 04:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

I've never heard Dl speak about him but im not doubting you. You must admit chances of him making the main roster is slim. We have alot of defenseman ahead of him Fobert hickey voylov muzzin Deslauriers and more i can't think of.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 05:02 PM
markisonfire

For reasons I'm unsure of, the Kings organization is VERY high on Campbell. He doesn't bring much offense and his defense is decent, so he must have "intangibles". What those are, I'm unsure, but the Kings organization certainly does like him.

I'm not opposed to trading Cliche though, the Kings have a lot of centers.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Montreal

Alexander Avtstin
4th round pick

for

Los Angeles

Marc-Andre Cliche
Andrew Campbell

I think it would be ideal to get another right handed centerman for the future. He could potentially play 3rd - 4th line minutes. Enough time until Eller can try to find a groove to be a 2nd line center. Campbell would be a good addition to a backend that could use a defensive minded dman and be good for the future. Good size.
Chances are Cliche and Campbell will probably never make it as a full time king due to depth in their respective positions. So, yeah, I would probably do that deal.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:36 PM
BacklundtoBartschi*

No from either team.

BacklundtoBartschi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Treb

vCash: 702
Avstin is a possible Top-6 RW.....

Cliche is a possible 3/4th liner and Campbell a possible 3rd pairing defenceman.....

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:48 PM
PATCHESx67

Avstin had a bad year in the AHL last season but dont give up on him throwing him for bottom players he will adjust to NA and be a top 6 player in 2years hes still very young

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Avstin and Campbell are equally valuable. Campbell has an NHL skillset better than average size and plays a solid stay at home game. He has proven that he can make the next step but will likely level out at a 4/6 stay at home guy with a nice edge.

Avstin has a long way to go to prove that he can be a pro player but it looks like he has the skill. There isn't any need to add the 4th or Cliche.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Treb

vCash: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Avstin and Campbell are equally valuable. Campbell has an NHL skillset better than average size and plays a solid stay at home game. He has proven that he can make the next step but will likely level out at a 4/6 stay at home guy with a nice edge.

Avstin has a long way to go to prove that he can be a pro player but it looks like he has the skill. There isn't any need to add the 4th or Cliche.
Campbell is 23, Avstin is 20...

Montreal has a ton of D prospects, but a limited number of RW.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote