HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - New Jersey

Old
08-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
Can't be measured in a vacuum, and it's not the same anyway. Varlamov was the backup because he got hurt a few times. He went into the season as the starter, and had, until that year, been tagged as the goalie most likely to be the team's new Kolzig, until Holtby really broke out.

His glove had been corrected after the Pittsburgh series. He tried a new glove type, worked more on the fundamentals, and what was a hole became more of a non-issue. His biggest flaw is overextending, where his body (groin) can't cope with what he's doing to it. When he can reign himself in, no more issue.

Not only does lateral "equivalence" not really exist, the simple difference between the date of the Varlamov trade and today is enough to drastically change the trade market, the ever-shifting goalie market is already a shot in the dark again, and all that said, Varlamov proved more in Washington than Schneider has (especially thanks to the postseason).

I doubt Schneider returns a mid/early first, let alone multiple picks or a blue chip prospect.
Funny because the Avs reportedly offered the 11 th overall pick for Schneider but it was declined.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
No, his value is greatly diminished being a backup....Just like Hasek's was when he was behind Belfour...Stephane Beauregard and a 4th round pick got Hasek who played about exactly as much for Chicago as Schneider has for Vancouver.
You do realize Montreal acquired a first round pick, ranked 13th overall, in Lars Eller when they dealt Halak, yes? Many admittedly felt that was less than his actual value, with speculations looming that Montreal traded too quickly and teams like San Jose and Philly were interested. Likewise the entire league knew the situation wherein neither Price or Halak wanted to play behind one another, which undoubtedly helped diminish the value. Regardless, why would you now claim Schneider could not net at least a first when Varlamov and Halak did? I would not call I mid to high first "diminished value."

The point is Vancouver will not move Schneider unless it fills a need. If that means he remains stuck behind Luongo, then so be it.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 02:37 AM
HTFN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Funny because the Avs reportedly offered the 11 th overall pick for Schneider but it was declined.
Funny how I just got done saying that in my eyes the goalie market is already way different than it was two months ago.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
Funny how I just got done saying that in my eyes the goalie market is already way different than it was two months ago.
Well next summer they'll be a couple teams in need of a goalie, so I think the goalie market will be right back to where it was at the beginning of this summer.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote