HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Is Our New Scapegoat?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2011, 12:47 PM
  #26
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 12,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Yea... until he starts requesting a trade and being a ****** to his teammates
By all accounts, he was a terrific teammate in SJ. I don't anticipate much of a fuss over him. As long as he scores a goal before Christmas (which Havlat couldn't seem to do), I'll be cool with The Heater.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:15 PM
  #27
walloftvs
Registered User
 
walloftvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 228
vCash: 103248
I don't think the NHL reduced the height of the goals down to 2.5' this offseason.

Backstrom it is.

walloftvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:23 PM
  #28
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,015
vCash: 500
I'm still going to blame any and all failures on Sheppard, personally.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:39 PM
  #29
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Martin Sk... err.. I mean Marek Zidlicky.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:06 PM
  #30
BLBarmada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Gotta be Zidlicky.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
  #31
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,903
vCash: 50
you jackwagons will blame Nystrom for everything.

personally i've been blaming Zidlicky for 3 years now and I don't think that's going to change this year unless someone out-underperforms him significantly.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
  #32
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
you jackwagons will blame Nystrom for everything.
I can't blame him anymore since he has now Twitter.

It's a miracle!

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:05 PM
  #33
Dampland
Registered User
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: town
Country: United States
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 50
Nick Schultz - Last year he was horrible. He needs to start earning his paycheck.


Matt Cullen - same situation at Schultz, better start earning that big $$$


Backstrom - he NEVER deserved the $6m a year, of course I blame this more on DR's inepitude.



You can never blame a 4th or even 3rd liner, unless they are making big bucks.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
  #34
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Nick Schultz - Last year he was horrible. He needs to start earning his paycheck.


Matt Cullen - same situation at Schultz, better start earning that big $$$


Backstrom - he NEVER deserved the $6m a year, of course I blame this more on DR's inepitude.



You can never blame a 4th or even 3rd liner, unless they are making big bucks.


He probably played the best defensively out of all the defensemen.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:25 PM
  #35
MNWILDFAN001
Registered User
 
MNWILDFAN001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 727
vCash: 500



I always think it's Nordy's fault

MNWILDFAN001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:31 PM
  #36
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,919
vCash: 500
^WinRAR

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
  #37
Dampland
Registered User
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: town
Country: United States
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post


He probably played the best defensively out of all the defensemen.
He might have been the Wild's best defensemen last year, but he still had his worst year I can remember.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
  #38
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
He might have been the Wild's best defensemen last year, but he still had his worst year I can remember.
You should get your memory checked.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:30 PM
  #39
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,390
vCash: 50
I'm gonna blame Cullen. I may also ride Lats if he plays like a fatty.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
  #40
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,574
vCash: 500
Casey Wellman obviously

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:23 PM
  #41
El Nino22
Registered User
 
El Nino22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
I would say Brodziak if he plays in the 2C role. I love Brodziak and what he offers, but i think with increase in our top 6 talent, speed, and especially goal scoring Brodziak's slow play and stone hands are going to be very noticeable. Obviously Brodziak will always hustle and play hard in his own zone, but i can't see him being able to keep up with the creativity and skill of our top 6 this year.

If not I would say Zanon over Zidlicky. Yes Zidlicky sucks defensively but he will absolutely carry the offensive load from the blue line. Whereas Zanon looks lost trying to play Rick Wilson's system and his willingness and ability to block shots isn't going to be enough of an excuse.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:56 AM
  #42
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,927
vCash: 500
Clutterbuck if hes not first in hits after every team has had 10 games. Trolling aside, I'd go for Poutindresse.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:30 AM
  #43
Persian Wild
Persia 4 Parise
 
Persian Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany (Cologne)
Country: Iran
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
probably Gillies if he makes the team!

Persian Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:28 AM
  #44
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Marek Zidlicky, though I've hated him since his HIFK days.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:32 AM
  #45
dempster333
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Ireland
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
I would say Brodziak if he plays in the 2C role. I love Brodziak and what he offers, but i think with increase in our top 6 talent, speed, and especially goal scoring Brodziak's slow play and stone hands are going to be very noticeable. Obviously Brodziak will always hustle and play hard in his own zone, but i can't see him being able to keep up with the creativity and skill of our top 6 this year.

If not I would say Zanon over Zidlicky. Yes Zidlicky sucks defensively but he will absolutely carry the offensive load from the blue line. Whereas Zanon looks lost trying to play Rick Wilson's system and his willingness and ability to block shots isn't going to be enough of an excuse.
Players that play like Brodziak typically aren't the scapegoats. It's hard to hate on a player that gives it his all, but is put in a position that doesn't suit his skills. Players that get scapegoated are lazy players and players that don't bring much to the table other than offense, but don't put the puck in the net.

dempster333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:57 AM
  #46
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,903
vCash: 50
"typically" "shouldn't be blamed" re: grinders is absolutely correct, but it doesn't stop people *****ing about them all year long. just go back through game day threads for an entire year. Shouldn't blame a guy like Nystrom or Staubitz but do...problem is we have Clutterbuck who is one of the best bottom six players in the game and everyone wants the other five to be just like him. Brodziak is playing above his talent level and doing a pretty great job considering. If he's there and doesn't do as well this year...Well, he's a third line center playing a scoring role--some people seem to take it out on the player and not the situation that has forced him into the role.
I think everyone knows it isn't rational, but it won't stop them from complaining all season about how "useless" so-and-so is all year.
There does seem to be one or two players everyone focuses on though.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:09 AM
  #47
Spawnisen
Believe.
 
Spawnisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Probably Zidlicky or Cullen. Both underperforms..

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM
  #48
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
"typically" "shouldn't be blamed" re: grinders is absolutely correct, but it doesn't stop people *****ing about them all year long. just go back through game day threads for an entire year. Shouldn't blame a guy like Nystrom or Staubitz but do...problem is we have Clutterbuck who is one of the best bottom six players in the game and everyone wants the other five to be just like him. Brodziak is playing above his talent level and doing a pretty great job considering. If he's there and doesn't do as well this year...Well, he's a third line center playing a scoring role--some people seem to take it out on the player and not the situation that has forced him into the role.
I think everyone knows it isn't rational, but it won't stop them from complaining all season about how "useless" so-and-so is all year.
There does seem to be one or two players everyone focuses on though.
While people will criticize players like Staubitz or Nystrom, I don't think they do it enough to call them scapegoats. No one says things like "we would have won if Nystrom had just scored on his one chance" or "if Staubitz had set Almond up better, we could have tied it up!" However, the reason I don't think Brodziak would be a scapegoat is because of his swapping with Cullen. If he's playing 2C, that's because Cullen isn't able to do it, which would likely make Cullen the goat (especially with his contract). If he's playing 3C, he's a third liner being paid 3rd/4th line money. It's hard to get too upset with him. I think Cullen and Latendresse are the only forwards who might be made into the goat. To put it all out:

Koivu - The untouchable one who no one ever criticizes
Heatley - New guy, grace period
Setoguchi - New guy, young, grace period
Bouchard - Can't hate on the guy who is still getting back into things after that concussion
Latendresse - Poutine
Cullen - Overpaid and hasn't been meshing well with linemates. My most likely goat.
Brodziak - See above
Clutterbuck - Fan favorite. Could be -24 after 10 games and people would still love him
Powe - Well defined role with a tasteful name that fans will love
Gillies - Young guy who "finished growing into [his] man body"
Nystrom - Hard worker on a decent contract on 4th line
Almond - Young guy on the 4th line gets a free pass
Staubitz - Enforcer, does his job and isn't a complete disaster of a hockey player

If it's not Cullen or Latendresse, it'll be a defenseman.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:30 AM
  #49
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,459
vCash: 50
Just for the hell of it, you should choose a player who doesn't play for you.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 09:01 AM
  #50
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,390
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Just for the hell of it, you should choose a player who doesn't play for you.
Well if you wanna go that route, Todd Bertuzzi is the root of all the leagues problems.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.