HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Another NSH - EDM Proposal!

Old
08-09-2011, 07:19 AM
nzoilerfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
And we all know an impending Free Agent would never garner that kind of return.

Nashville could be forced to make a move like this.
Lol @ Hemsky trade proposals!!!!

I am an edmonton fan but I try to be realistic. If Nashville is going to deal either Weber or Suter I guarantee it will be for a elite talent coming back.

That means a Hall/Eberle/Paajarvi/Nugent-Hopkins in Edmonton's case.

We all know Tambellini is too conservative for this "build from within blah blah blah" this mantra from ownership/management effectively means he can sit back, make sure thing deals when they come along (smyth, drafting first overall, waiting for an overpayment for Penner and MAYBE Hemsky if they find someone to bite). He does this and he is at no risk of losing his job. So if you were in his position what would you do? make the safe bet and keep your young guns. You can get blamed for trading away players, but how often do you see blame going around for a trade that never came to pass???

By no means does this mean that I think EDM should not try get Suter or anyone, but they will attempt to effectively rob teams in deals, which has been successful as of late with LAK.

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:44 AM
workedforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I don't know who you are replying to, but I've lived in Ottawa for well over 30 years, and would never want to live anywhere else. In terms of hockey, we have a world-class organization, and aside from ***holes like Yashin and Heatley, any player who's played here will tell you that. And even though we've JUST started a rebuild, if you think we'll be a bottom-feeder 5 years from now (you know, like the Oilers have been dead last in a 30-team league 2 years running, and counting), you are kidding yourself.

Then again, you've signed such superstars as Tjarnqvist, Tarnstrom, and Comrie... LOL (Props on such recent references by the way). Why don't you try, I dunno, finishing second-last instead of last for a change, then we'll talk. Fact is, the Sens, in by far their worst season since they first entered the league, still finished several spots ahead of you... again.
Why dont you try, I dunno, winning a cup. Then we'll talk.

workedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:06 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post

What cause McBain was enough for Hemsky? God, again show me one proposal from this off-season that has a ridiculous return for Hemsky coming back.

All we ever see is a bunch of crap and a mediocre prospect for him.

Nashville will not be able to ice a full roster next season if they have to sign Suter, Weber, Rinne, Blum and Wilson. They may be forced to trade Suter or Weber, and it may benefit them if they can get something up front. That's why.
Really? Is it impossible? I mean, we've only been running the numbers for this for months upon months now, and it seems possible from where we sit.

By the way, I don't know what kind of contracts you think Blum and Wilson will command, but shy of having absolutely spectacular years I'd imagine both players will be signed to their QOs. Each might see $1-$1.5m, but that's pushing it. That would put at, on the high end, $23m in those five players. A lot of money, but when you're talking about three of the five being stars/superstars it's to be expected.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:11 PM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallhopkinseberle View Post
lolz at hemsky being a top six winger name ten right wingers that have a higher PPG than hemsky since the lockout. Have fun
Congrats. You have a player thats talented when he's playing. WHEN. HE'S. PLAYING. That seems to be something your struggling with. Injury = Less Value.

theIceWookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:18 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

When you have to narrow it down to "name 10 right wingers with a higher PPG total since the lockout" you kind of seem like you're grasping at straws. Hemsky is a good player, there is no doubt about that. When you've only played 360 of the 492 games since the lock out, and your last two seasons don't even combine into one full season, issues start to come up. Health concerns play a big role in a player's value, not just where his PPG% compares to other right wingers in the past six seasons. He has missed over one and a half seasons worth of games in those six years.

Old
08-09-2011, 01:33 PM
bobbyt911
you must quote me :P

So yes Nsh does have the money to resign all the players if they spend the money. As we all know Nsh is a budget team and probably wont spend near the cap. So in reality Nsh does have the cash but won't spend it, that's gotta suck for Nsh fans.

bobbyt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 01:47 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

They don't have to spend near the cap to retain them all is the point.

Old
08-09-2011, 02:27 PM
bobbyt911
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
They don't have to spend near the cap to retain them all is the point.
Probably not right close to it but closer than they probably want to, I really could see them trading for picks prospects that are NHL ready. If they can snag a gem they can get a cpl great years out of a player for under a mil.

bobbyt911 is offline   Reply With Quote