HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Preds sign Jack Hillen

Old
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Predictable veteran signing for NSH's blueline. Poile obviously didn't want to pay Hannan's asking price.
Argggggggghhhhhh. I got tricked by another JawandaPuck spam posting. Argggghhhh. I feel so stupid for clicking on it. Mail me back my 4.2 cents. There is nothing about Hannan's asking price in that link. It just uses the words "Hannan's asking price" in the article. Arrrrgggghhhhh. Is there an HF rule against these blogspam posts?

Does any legit poster have any legit knowledge or rumor of Hannan's asking price?

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 400
Nice to see a team giving Jonas Hiller's american cousin a shot.

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:44 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I'm happy for Hillen. I wasn't sad to see him go but I didn't want to see him not get a job this season.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:49 PM
seabass45

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Edge View Post
Nice player who might be one of the better skaters in the league. Undersized but some untapped potential in my opinion.

Was really improving and saw possible potential as a 3/4 guy before getting creamed in face by slapshot. Showed some guts coming back as early as he did. BAD injury.

The Preds might have gotten lucky here. I wish him luck...
Yep. Hillen was shaky after the Ovie slapper but I thought he showed signs of the old Hillen late in the season. Wish we had the flexibility to keep him as a 6/7.

seabass45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:10 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
he has a lot of offensive talent (all based on his incredible skating), and he will be a terrific depth d-man for the Preds...I think he could be a real solid pick-up.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Argggggggghhhhhh. I got tricked by another JawandaPuck spam posting. Argggghhhh. I feel so stupid for clicking on it. Mail me back my 4.2 cents. There is nothing about Hannan's asking price in that link. It just uses the words "Hannan's asking price" in the article. Arrrrgggghhhhh. Is there an HF rule against these blogspam posts?

Does any legit poster have any legit knowledge or rumor of Hannan's asking price?
Rumor has it at the beginning of FA period he wanted serious term (4-5 years) at around 4 million, I'm guessing at this point he'd settle for 1x2 or something like that to prove himself. Since Sharks signed White for 1 mil and Hannan > White, he probably can't be had for something that low though. If anyone gets him for 3 or under for a year they get a steal. I'd be doing cartwheels if he replaced Schultz but that won't happen since it seems like McPhee dicked him like he dicks over all FA's he doesn't wanna resign.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Decent pick up. Plays 'light' and his posture and stride are kind of funny, but he's technically a fine skater.

His big offensive problems lie in the first pass and actually what he does once he approaches the opponent's blueline. That's where he usually has his problems.

For most his time as an Islander he almost ALWAYS put himself into a position to be destroyed by opponents along the boards, which they happily did. Thankfully, he improved in that department to end last season. It's one thing to sacrifice yourself to make a play, it's another to consistantly put your body in danger when there are a number of ways to avoid that.

Don't know what role he'll play for the Preds, but the kid still has upside.

He was not necessarily made heavy use of on the PP, so his 22 points were kind of just 'along the way'. Maybe Trotz can find a nice role for him.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote