HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2011, 09:00 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

vCash: 500
At least Boucher is a complete moron when choosing his shootout selections. lol @ Thompson and Moore when you have Stamkos and MSL.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:04 PM
SB164

Grabovski remembers a vastly different dressing room environment in Montreal during his early NHL days.

"Everybody made a group," he said, "and they [stayed] in groups; French guys with French guys, Czech guys with Czech guys. Here [it's] better because everybody's together. It doesn't matter what kind of nationality.

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=377822

Old
10-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Grabovski remembers a vastly different dressing room environment in Montreal during his early NHL days.

"Everybody made a group," he said, "and they [stayed] in groups; French guys with French guys, Czech guys with Czech guys. Here [it's] better because everybody's together. It doesn't matter what kind of nationality.

Saw that as well. Though prepare to read how Grabovski is a little puke, a moron and a cancer instead of really trying to find out or at least have a discussion as to who's at fault here BESIDES Grabovski being a little puke....

Old
10-10-2011, 09:09 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:

I believe some of that probably had to do with the coach. He wasn't a real engaging guy.

In fact he probably had a clique of his own with Kostopoulos.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:

I'm sure it didn't help that all the Belarussians wanted to kill each other at one point or another.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
At least Boucher is a complete moron when choosing his shootout selections. lol @ Thompson and Moore when you have Stamkos and MSL.
He's being doing that for a while now and it usually pays off.

Last season:

Moore was 50% in SO. 3/6
St-Louis is 20% 1/5
Stamkos 0% 0/7

Old
10-10-2011, 09:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Saw that as well. Though prepare to read how Grabovski is a little puke, a moron and a cancer instead of really trying to find out or at least have a discussion as to who's at fault here BESIDES Grabovski being a little puke....
Yah, but its normal for guys to talk to ppl they can relate to. I heard at the time that was a great dressing room, all guys went out together for team dinners, and now this guy says otherwise. Both are overblown.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Wouldn't go that far. I don't think it's a shock that Mtl had cliques before. Although, I did see Gabro in those dies at Opera with a bunch of other players. I even spoke to him, although I'm not sure he understood me in my drunkeness.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:24 PM
neofury*

Grabovsky is a little puke

Old
10-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I'm sure it didn't help that all the Belarussians wanted to kill each other at one point or another.
Grabovsky was traded at the end of the 07/08 season. A season that saw the Habs finish first in the Eastern Conference.

Him claiming that there were chemistry issues on that team is a load of crap.

The 09 team, when things went down hill, absolutely... there were issues there. But not on the 08 team.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Grabovsky was traded at the end of the 07/08 season. A season that saw the Habs finish first in the Eastern Conference.

The 09 team, when things went down hill, absolutely... there were issues there. But not on the 08 team.
he should keep his pie hole shut. what kind of chemistry issues exist on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 6 years. i wonder

Old
10-10-2011, 09:33 PM
neofury*

Quote:

He didn't fit in cause he had entitlement issues and people thought he was a ***** cause of it.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:

You know that you can win games, series and all with the crappiest chemistry ever. There are tons of stories from hockey, to football, to baseball where it happened. So Grabovski is talking about chemistry...not about the talent of the team, their power play or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
he should keep his pie hole shut. what kind of chemistry issues exist on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 6 years. i wonder
Again, as far as I'm concerned, he's only talking about chemistry. He's not saying "We had an awful chemistry, the only reason why we sucked so much". Possible that the Leafs have a great chemistry and still finish because of something called talent. That could and should happen. But chemistry is the only topic here. And quite frankly, he's not the only one who had said it.

And another thing, this ultimate cancer that was suppose to be Grabovski, I know a lot of people counted the days he'd still be a Leaf. Based on the fact that he was such a cancer and on the fact that Burke isn't really a Euro fan.....Those people are still counting.

And another thing....I'm sure this bunch THIS YEAR, is not the same as the Leafs had for the last 6 years.

Last edited by Mike8: 10-11-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: merge
Old
10-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
You know that you can win games, series and all with the crappiest chemistry ever. There are tons of stories from hockey, to football, to baseball where it happened. So Grabovski is talking about chemistry...not about the talent of the team, their power play or whatever.
None of the stories about bad chemistry were there in 2008. All the stories were how this 07/08 team was a united room and that cleaning out the cliques of Rivet/Souray and Theo/Ribs/Dagenais had made a huge difference.

Of course things blew up in 2009 and once things went down hill they couldn't be stopped.

But here's the thing in sports.... Winning cures all. When there are cliques in the room, and the team is winning, those cliques don't divide. Yeah, Kovalev and Markov and Kosty might go to dinner together, while Higgins, Komisarek and Ryder went to a different restaurant.... but there was no infighting, because the team was winning. Winning unites and losing divides. A winning room is happy, has less pressure, etc...

Old
10-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I'm not sure Andrei and Sergei wanted to kill each other, but maybe I'm wrong. If they did, I can imagine the conversations in the locker room already:

MG "What the **** was that out there? I was wide open! All it needed was a simple pass."
SK "Bull**** you were. You were surrounded and I put it right on your stick. Learn to play hockey."
MG "It only found my stick because I reached back 6 foot to get it."
SK "Rubbish. You ruined a fine set up. Get your eyes tested."
MG "Hey! Who are you to tell me how to play hockey?"
SK "I'm the guy who set you up perfectly. I am Sergei Kostitsyn!"
AK *raises hand* "...andrei kostitsyn..."
MG "Why don't you ask your brother? He'll tell you your pass sucked."
SK "Okay then. Andrei, what did you make of that play?"
AK "I get puck, shoot puck. Score on net..."
MG "Shut up. No way you'd have scored on that pass."
AK "...Sometimes shoot from blueline, maybe red. I think Sergei make bad pass."
MG "You see!"
SK "Get lost. Whose side are you on?"
AK "I stay onside. Get puck, then shoot."
MG "I told you that pass was off. My mother could have made that pass."
SK "Mikhail, your mother couldn't collect $200 if she passed go. And as for you, big brother, your mother is so stu... erm... well, I love her actually... *pause then mutters* ...can't believe I came from the same womb as you..." *shakes head*
AK "Sergei. Why you always angry? Is cos I am better hockey player? Shoot puck harder? Hit player harder?
*Sergei leaves the room*
AK "I think he angry cos he not mothers favourite. Andrei mothers favourite. Andrei drafted before Getzlaf, not in 7th round, make mother proud."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
You'd be surprised. You may think that they have all kinds of issues, but you'd actually be wrong. They are a tight knit band of brothers, united in battle. And that shows through because they have failed to make the playoffs for 6 years together. There were no individuals on that team sneaking into the playoffs on their own, trying to seek glory at the expense of the rest of the team. They all put their team first and should be commended for doing so. As the saying goes: "Win as a team, lose as a team." Or in Toronto at least it's "Lose as a team. You play golf?"

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 10-10-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old
10-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
None of the stories about bad chemistry were there in 2008. All the stories were how this 07/08 team was a united room and that cleaning out the cliques of Rivet/Souray and Theo/Ribs/Dagenais had made a huge difference.

Of course things blew up in 2009 and once things went down hill they couldn't be stopped.

But here's the thing in sports.... Winning cures all. When there are cliques in the room, and the team is winning, those cliques don't divide. Yeah, Kovalev and Markov and Kosty might go to dinner together, while Higgins, Komisarek and Ryder went to a different restaurant.... but there was no infighting, because the team was winning. Winning unites and losing divides. A winning room is happy, has less pressure, etc...
The stories about how united the room is are the stories we hear EVERY YEAR that this is the tightest group ever, that they all love each other and so on....But then, once people leave the team, you start to hear a different tune. And the biggest tune out there coming from everybody who loves the captain hard work and great battle with cancer is that as a captain, he was exemplifing what hard work and commitment on the ice was all about. NOBODY from the most cancerous guys to the most nice and cute ones, talked about how Saku was a great leader off the ice and how he often got the guys together and make sure everything was great. Now personnally, I will not choose to solely blame Koivu, 'cause if a captain might have a tougher time, his assistant should do it. And if they can, you don't need a letter to do so. And if coaches can't see it, they have to share the blame as well.

You're saying that there was no stories about the chemistry during that year. I'm saying that they were. And frankly, with Carbo in charge, probably one of the most egocentric guy on the planet, I am not surprised. And this is coming from THE greatest Carbo fan, the hockey player. Clearly not the coach though.

And this great winning team during the regular season, CLEARLY didn't deliver during the playoffs. Surely due to some other things then chemistry, but we can't pretend that it didn't affect them based on regular season and just forget what happened during the playoffs.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:30 PM
RE-HABS

Why Grabovski is saying anything about the Habs dressing room make no to little sense, as the dressing room is about 80% different since he was there.

And, for a guy to criticize a team on "cliches" and how they act really dumbfounds me, as this is the guy who fought in a bar in the Olympics with a everyday person, and also fought Sergei Kostitsyn how many times as his own countrymen couldn't stand him...Toronto stardom has swelled his little head.

On a side note, Chorney in Edmonton is on waivers and is only $735,000...should the Habs bite?

Old
10-10-2011, 10:44 PM
KerryFraser

+1 to Whitesnake

and should i remind you that saku and Carbo was both thanked for their services by Bob Gainey himself.

I don't think they were the core problem in the team at the time but both had no idea to manage the trouble in this team.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:54 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
+1 to Whitesnake

and should i remind you that saku and Carbo was both thanked for their services by Bob Gainey himself.

I don't think they were the core problem in the team at the time but both had no idea to manage the trouble in this team.
I too am a gigantic Carbonneau fan, he exemplifies solid work ethic and a hockey IQ second to none. Koivu is a legendary figure in Montreal and for all the right reasons, he is a good hockey player and a genuinely good person. I don't think Koivu is given enough attribution for his role, or lack of role, in team leadership though.

The team had no chemistry and he was the captain. I was glad he was gone because there was no way we could have kept Koivu and stripped him of his captaincy and it is becoming increasingly apparent that his removal from the club atmosphere was required. Fresh air, and all that.

Old
10-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I'm not sure Andrei and Sergei wanted to kill each other, but maybe I'm wrong. If they did, I can imagine the conversations in the locker room already:

MG "What the **** was that out there? I was wide open! All it needed was a simple pass."
SK "Bull**** you were. You were surrounded and I put it right on your stick. Learn to play hockey."
MG "It only found my stick because I reached back 6 foot to get it."
SK "Rubbish. You ruined a fine set up. Get your eyes tested."
MG "Hey! Who are you to tell me how to play hockey?"
SK "I'm the guy who set you up perfectly. I am Sergei Kostitsyn!"
AK *raises hand* "...andrei kostitsyn..."
MG "Why don't you ask your brother? He'll tell you your pass sucked."
SK "Okay then. Andrei, what did you make of that play?"
AK "I get puck, shoot puck. Score on net..."
MG "Shut up. No way you'd have scored on that pass."
AK "...Sometimes shoot from blueline, maybe red. I think Sergei make bad pass."
MG "You see!"
SK "Get lost. Whose side are you on?"
AK "I stay onside. Get puck, then shoot."
MG "I told you that pass was off. My mother could have made that pass."
SK "Mikhail, your mother couldn't collect $200 if she passed go. And as for you, big brother, your mother is so stu... erm... well, I love her actually... *pause then mutters* ...can't believe I came from the same womb as you..." *shakes head*
AK "Sergei. Why you always angry? Is cos I am better hockey player? Shoot puck harder? Hit player harder?
*Sergei leaves the room*
AK "I think he angry cos he not mothers favourite. Andrei mothers favourite. Andrei drafted before Getzlaf, not in 7th round, make mother proud."
I can totally see this convo happening haha.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Mr. Hab

Cherry may be sued

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Cherr...147/story.html

Old
10-11-2011, 07:18 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Why Grabovski is saying anything about the Habs dressing room make no to little sense, as the dressing room is about 80% different since he was there.

And, for a guy to criticize a team on "cliches" and how they act really dumbfounds me, as this is the guy who fought in a bar in the Olympics with a everyday person, and also fought Sergei Kostitsyn how many times as his own countrymen couldn't stand him...Toronto stardom has swelled his little head.

On a side note, Chorney in Edmonton is on waivers and is only $735,000...should the Habs bite?
Interviewer: So Mikhail, compare the atmosphere in the Toronto dressing room compared to when you were in Montreal?

Old
10-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Teufelsdreck

Those are insulting terms, but so what? I don't see how they damage those individuals, so I don't see what a lawsuit would achieve besides producing more income for the attorneys.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
LeHab

More publicity for Cherry

Old
10-11-2011, 07:38 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Even though I hate Don Cherry, it would be hilarious if he decides to insult them again on Tuesday. He's got ammo to do so with this possible lawsuit... I think it's going a bit too far, but it's true Cherry should've apologized last Saturday. It's like 10 seconds of your time on air old ******, grow some balls and admit that you went too far piece of scheisse.

Closed Thread