HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2011, 07:38 AM
  #951
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,879
vCash: 1340
Clearly when a Montreal player has been wronged, the authorities must intervene!

No, but seriously, Cherry is an idiot, I'm pretty sure getting insulted by him is almost a compliment.

InglewoodJack is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM
  #952
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,336
vCash: 500
Dunno if they can or actually will sue him, but keep the pressure on. Cherry is almost never accountable for the crap he spews, so making him sweat in whatever minor way they can is worthwhile. It might not matter to him. It might matter to the CBC.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
  #953
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
I hope none of your fathers, grand-fathers are called a ''puke'' or ''hypocrite'' by Cherry... I'm sure some of you would be pissed (to those who are ok with Cherry calling some ex-NHLers puke and hypocrite on national television).


Cherry vs Subban:
Last year Cherry spent so much time trying to get everyone in the NHL to hate Subban. He wouldn't stop repeating ''one of these days, I tell ya, Subban's really gonna get it, just watch''. (it was Cherry who wanted to see Subban get injured or beaten up, just 'cause Cherry can't stand Subban... even Subban stayed classy by
saying he has nothing against Cherry).

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 07:52 AM
  #954
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,303
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Cherry vs Subban:
Last year Cherry spent so much time trying to get everyone in the NHL to hate Subban. He wouldn't stop repeating ''one of these days, I tell ya, Subban's really gonna get it, just watch''. (it was Cherry who wanted to see Subban get injured or beaten up, just 'cause Cherry can't stand Subban... even Subban stayed classy by
saying he has nothing against Cherry).


Not that it's really on topic, but that's what you're talking about.

PhysicX is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 07:57 AM
  #955
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post


Not that it's really on topic, but that's what you're talking about.
Can't see it...my connection is not functioning right now for YouTube!

I'll assume it hsa something to do with Cherry getting everyone to hate Subban...

Cherry went on about Subban on at least 5-6 different segments...
It was obvious...Cherry was the one who hated Subban since he went on and on about it...wanted to remind everyone to hate Subban.

Cherry would be kissing Subban (you know where) if Subban were a Leaf.

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 08:12 AM
  #956
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
It's because he's black, and yes, I'm serious.

McNuts is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 08:33 AM
  #957
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Those are insulting terms, but so what? I don't see how they damage those individuals, so I don't see what a lawsuit would achieve besides producing more income for the attorneys.
Using Nilan specifically...He's featured in a movie called the Last Gladiator. Now he's a hypocrite and a puke. The argument can be made that Cherry's comments would cause his followers to not see the movie. That could be construed as damaging.

Grimson is a lawyer. Yep, works with the same law firm that has issued the statement regarding Cherry. I'm sure they can't see it as a positive PR move when their employee is called a puke.

There's grounds and unless Cherry grovels on the air, CBC (who is implicated regardless of their statements) may be forced to cut ties with him. I see it as a happy day. I'm sure he can run around Canada playing the victim after that. Fine by me.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
  #958
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
It's because he's black, and yes, I'm serious.
No dude, if he was white and played the same way he'd be just as hated

neofury* is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
  #959
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Still baffles me how this biggot is still allowed on air, on the CBC no less...but then again, his 'act' appeals to many hockey fans, so it's not really surprising.

417 is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:12 AM
  #960
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I can't stand Cherry, but that's pathetic by the group of former enforcers. Guaranteed that law firm contacted the boys and explained to them how they should pursue legal action.

Habs is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:16 AM
  #961
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
That Cherry video was great. Bashes PK for the way he plays and then praises Marchand for the way he plays. They were doing the same exact thing. I don't get it.

MJG is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:23 AM
  #962
76ftw
24
 
76ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Those are insulting terms, but so what? I don't see how they damage those individuals, so I don't see what a lawsuit would achieve besides producing more income for the attorneys.
The point is is that a lot of people look up to and listen to Don. That means they'll take wahtever he says as gospel. If a little kid hears him saying this, they'll take his side. He's just being harmful to get his point across, which isn't good. I don't know if suing him is the answer, but whatever, I have very little sympathy for Don.

76ftw is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:31 AM
  #963
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
That Cherry video was great. Bashes PK for the way he plays and then praises Marchand for the way he plays. They were doing the same exact thing. I don't get it.
You don't? Look deeper, it's lying there right beneath the surface...

417 is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:51 AM
  #964
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,955
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You don't? Look deeper, it's lying there right beneath the surface...
beneath the surface? Hell it's not even skin deep.

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:54 AM
  #965
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
In the Marchand/Subban case, I suspect it's more a matter of jersey color than skin.

MathMan is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
  #966
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
In the Marchand/Subban case, I suspect it's more a matter of jersey color than skin.
It's a combination of alot of things...jersey color and skin being amongst them.

417 is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
  #967
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post


Not that it's really on topic, but that's what you're talking about.
Nah, not really racist. You switch players and he would have given Marchand a hard time had he been on the habs doing that.

I don't care for Cherry and no one should. When you're a senile, old, delusional, incompetent man who stresses covering the points, but never clues in to leaving the slot open, then you shouldn't be on tv. You should even be allowed to write in a paper.

Biggest waste of money.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 10:31 AM
  #968
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It's a combination of alot of things...jersey color and skin being amongst them.
Cherry is really the most basic human being. I think he dislikes euros a lot more than he dislikes PK or black players in general. But do I think some type of subconscious bias is taking place? You're damn right I do, whether it's because of his bleu blanc et rouge or the color of his skin, like you said it's probably both. At least he isn't coming out and saying it's because he's black, god only knows why that isn't okay but it is okay to openly bash Euros though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Nah, not really racist. You switch players and he would have given Marchand a hard time had he been on the habs doing that.

I don't care for Cherry and no one should. When you're a senile, old, delusional, incompetent man who stresses covering the points, but never clues in to leaving the slot open, then you shouldn't be on tv. You should even be allowed to write in a paper.

Biggest waste of money.
You're probably right that it's more to do with anti-hab bias, but I still can't believe some folks don't realize a lot of the general hate towards PK you hear is due to the media and/or racism. You have to be pretty naive to think otherwise, most youtube comments will paint a pretty clear picture that a big part of it is race.

I pretty much agree with you on Cherry though he doesn't have the best track record regarding prejudice/bias. That having been said I think if PK was on Boston he would have called Richards a pansy for whining about a good hockey player

neofury* is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
  #969
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I can't stand Cherry, but that's pathetic by the group of former enforcers. Guaranteed that law firm contacted the boys and explained to them how they should pursue legal action.
I don't think there's anything pathetic about it.

Imagine someone on TV misunderstood you completely, misquoted you and then insulted you. All in front of how many millions of people watching?? We're also not talking about some random TV show that you have no association with. It's not like it was some clueless dude on MTV talking about this.
It's on Saturday Night Hockey on CBC.

They have every right to do so. Personally, I'm glad they did it. Not because I think they should get an apology, but because it's time for CBC to take the F... up and fire Cherry already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
In the Marchand/Subban case, I suspect it's more a matter of jersey color than skin.
I agree. I'm sure he'd be saying the same things about Marchand if he were a Habs.


Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 10-11-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Merged
Kriss E is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
  #970
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think there's anything pathetic about it.

Imagine someone on TV misunderstood you completely, misquoted you and then insulted you. All in front of how many millions of people watching?? We're also not talking about some random TV show that you have no association with. It's not like it was some clueless dude on MTV talking about this.
It's on Saturday Night Hockey on CBC.

They have every right to do so. Personally, I'm glad they did it. Not because I think they should get an apology, but because it's time for CBC to take the F... up and fire Cherry already.



I agree. I'm sure he'd be saying the same things about Marchand if he were a Habs.
Do you honestly think CBC will fire Cherry as long as he is bringing in ratings?

The bottom line is what dictates taht he is still there, not that they agree with his views or ridiculous rants.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
  #971
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Do you honestly think CBC will fire Cherry as long as he is bringing in ratings?

The bottom line is what dictates taht he is still there, not that they agree with his views or ridiculous rants.
I wasn't aware this guy was bringing in ratings. Who listens to that crap? It's worse than our local shows.

I think CBC will get more ratings this week, as I'm sure they did last week, because people are tuning in to see what will Cherry respond. Drama. People love it.

But no, I don't think CBC will fire him. They would have already. But one can only hope..

Kriss E is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:19 AM
  #972
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,226
vCash: 500
Yea it does seem there was cliques back then and Gainey/Gauthier cleaned house and got team players since.

It's pretty obvious.

However didn't Grabovski get into multiple practice fights with his teammates in Toronto?

HH is online now  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:24 AM
  #973
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,935
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
However didn't Grabovski get into multiple practice fights with his teammates in Toronto?
Got into it with both Blake and Beachemin in seperate occasions.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
  #974
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Yea it does seem there was cliques back then and Gainey/Gauthier cleaned house and got team players since.

It's pretty obvious.

However didn't Grabovski get into multiple practice fights with his teammates in Toronto?
Sure he did. But he's still there while the other 2 aren't.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
  #975
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,907
vCash: 500
Hockey Night in Toronto is one of the most compelling reasons to cut funding to the CBC.

Agnostic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.