HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM
  #126
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Grabovski definitely seems like he's done a lot of growing up. Too bad it couldn't have been with us, but he's a likeable player so I'm glad his head seems to be on straight.
Good on him for taking the high road.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 01:54 PM
  #127
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,529
vCash: 500
Latendresse shows up slimmed down.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/129167908.html

Looks like he will play with Cullen and PMB.

zx81 is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
  #128
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25
 
Habs4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: India
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Winnipeg Jets new jerseys


Habs4Lyfe is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
  #129
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Latendresse shows up slimmed down.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/129167908.html

Looks like he will play with Cullen and PMB.
Truth is, he probably had a colonoscopy or an intestinal worm.

I find it hilarious that the article title is "hungry"


Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Ozymandias is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
  #130
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,378
vCash: 500
Jets uniform is ugly.
Lats will get injured after game 4.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
  #131
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Jets uniform is ugly.
Lats will get injured after game 4.
I like the Jersey colors and stripes (marine is my fav color), but the logo is meh

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 02:48 PM
  #132
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Everytime I see that Jets logo, it reminds me of this:


Stradale is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 02:52 PM
  #133
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/3d/8d/741f82f74a48a698f0031d30e17a.jpeg
The vertical arm stripe for the away's should've stopped at the horizontal stripes, but I guess most of that will be covered by gloves anyway.

I know the Nordiques have a history with the baby blue, but I think the new Jets should've gone with a colour scheme like this:



If you're gonna go all RCAF with the logo, might as well go all the way with the colours.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
  #134
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,153
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
Could have done something nicer, not a big fan of those jerseys and logo

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
  #135
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,784
vCash: 500
:I like to eat. Everybody knows it

lol Lats

macavoy is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 04:54 PM
  #136
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
:I like to eat. Everybody knows it

lol Lats
Oh yeah! ...we know that Tender...we know that..

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 07:20 AM
  #137
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 500
Apparently, Lucic got himself into a spot of trouble yesterday, although he wasn't charged for anything:

"from Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa with Megan Johnson of the Inside Track at the Boston Herald,

Stanley Cup hero Milan Lucic was questioned by police early yesterday after he and his girlfriend got into an altercation in the North End.

According to a police report of the incident, the Bruins left winger was “highly intoxicated and hostile” after he and his galpal argued outside a Starbucks on Commercial Street shortly before 1:30 a.m.

Witnesses told police the 6-foot-4, 220-pound hockey player was yelling at his girlfriend, who was on the ground, and at one point threw her shoes and purse at her. However, the woman told police she was not physically assaulted and “was adamant about not being harmed,” the report states. Police “did not observe any visible injuries,” the report says, and Lucic was not charged.

Bruins spokesman Matt Chmura confirmed that the team was “aware of an incident that took place in the North End early Tuesday morning involving Milan Lucic.”

“We are addressing the matter internally,” Chmura said. “At this time we have no further comment.”


http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...th_girlfriend/

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 07:50 AM
  #138
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Apparently, Lucic got himself into a spot of trouble yesterday, although he wasn't charged for anything:

"from Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa with Megan Johnson of the Inside Track at the Boston Herald,

Stanley Cup hero Milan Lucic was questioned by police early yesterday after he and his girlfriend got into an altercation in the North End.

According to a police report of the incident, the Bruins left winger was “highly intoxicated and hostile” after he and his galpal argued outside a Starbucks on Commercial Street shortly before 1:30 a.m.

Witnesses told police the 6-foot-4, 220-pound hockey player was yelling at his girlfriend, who was on the ground, and at one point threw her shoes and purse at her. However, the woman told police she was not physically assaulted and “was adamant about not being harmed,” the report states. Police “did not observe any visible injuries,” the report says, and Lucic was not charged.

Bruins spokesman Matt Chmura confirmed that the team was “aware of an incident that took place in the North End early Tuesday morning involving Milan Lucic.”

“We are addressing the matter internally,” Chmura said. “At this time we have no further comment.”


http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...th_girlfriend/
In the Herald it says the cops went over to his condo to question him and he slammed his cell phone on the ground and yelled "do you know who I am?".

Im not even shocked. Between him and Marchand they are really building the true representation of what a Boston Bruin is. Classless.

Canadian_Brewtality is online now  
Old
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
  #139
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,153
vCash: 256
Maybe his girl said I'd rather be with PK?

After everything that's happened in the NHL in the past couple of weeks you would think the players would be a little more low key. Well done Milan

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
  #140
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
I was going to ask how people can't seem to handle their alcohol in public places like this when they're well-known individuals, but then again this is the guy who sucker punches people often.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 08:30 AM
  #141
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: location, location
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Apparently, Lucic got himself into a spot of trouble yesterday, although he wasn't charged for anything:

"from Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa with Megan Johnson of the Inside Track at the Boston Herald,

Stanley Cup hero Milan Lucic was questioned by police early yesterday after he and his girlfriend got into an altercation in the North End.

According to a police report of the incident, the Bruins left winger was “highly intoxicated and hostile” after he and his galpal argued outside a Starbucks on Commercial Street shortly before 1:30 a.m.

Witnesses told police the 6-foot-4, 220-pound hockey player was yelling at his girlfriend, who was on the ground, and at one point threw her shoes and purse at her. However, the woman told police she was not physically assaulted and “was adamant about not being harmed,” the report states. Police “did not observe any visible injuries,” the report says, and Lucic was not charged.

Bruins spokesman Matt Chmura confirmed that the team was “aware of an incident that took place in the North End early Tuesday morning involving Milan Lucic.”

“We are addressing the matter internally,” Chmura said. “At this time we have no further comment.”


http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...th_girlfriend/
Someone called 911.

In Boston.

Amazing

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 08:33 AM
  #142
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I was going to ask how people can't seem to handle their alcohol in public places like this when they're well-known individuals, but then again this is the guy who sucker punches people often.
He's 23 and got into an argument with his girlfriend. It happens all the time. He never touched her or harmed her. He's guilty of poor judgement in arguing with her in public. It shouldn't happen again as seeing this get publicized should scare him away from doing it again.

I hate the guy with a passion, but he is still a kid. Now if he ever lays a hand on a woman, that's a much different story.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 08:58 AM
  #143
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,154
vCash: 50
Awards:
Ridiculous story to even report. You mean to tell me a young adult, who was drinking, got into an argument with his girlfriend? And he was yelling too? Say it ain't so!

What's next? He burns an omelette, and decides to avoid having his house smell like bad eggs, so he throws his garbage out on the curb. Little does he know, garbage day is tomorrow and he gets a ticket. BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic fined by city for disrespecting the garbage law.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
  #144
skule123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Ridiculous story to even report. You mean to tell me a young adult, who was drinking, got into an argument with his girlfriend? And he was yelling too? Say it ain't so!

What's next? He burns an omelette, and decides to avoid having his house smell like bad eggs, so he throws his garbage out on the curb. Little does he know, garbage day is tomorrow and he gets a ticket. BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic fined by city for disrespecting the garbage law.
Quote:
Witnesses told police the 6-foot-4, 220-pound hockey player was yelling at his girlfriend, who was on the ground, and at one point threw her shoes and purse at her.
Quote:
As the officer continued to question Lucic, he “slammed his cell phone to the ground and yelled ‘Do you know who I am?’ ” the police report states. At which point, the officer asked for identification
Him standing over his girlfriend, on the ground, throwing shoes at her, and then trying to intimidate and power trip over the police officers who responded? Not a small deal.

skule123 is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
  #145
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Ridiculous story to even report. You mean to tell me a young adult, who was drinking, got into an argument with his girlfriend? And he was yelling too? Say it ain't so!

What's next? He burns an omelette, and decides to avoid having his house smell like bad eggs, so he throws his garbage out on the curb. Little does he know, garbage day is tomorrow and he gets a ticket. BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic fined by city for disrespecting the garbage law.
well done devils advocate

next time your in a starbucks and some guy is belligerent standing over a woman throwing stuff at her, you can say "cool story bro".

Canadian_Brewtality is online now  
Old
09-07-2011, 09:52 AM
  #146
nilan30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
Him standing over his girlfriend, on the ground, throwing shoes at her, and then trying to intimidate and power trip over the police officers who responded? Not a small deal.
Hmm. And after all the jokes about the Habs and purses over the last couple of years. I wonder how it makes a celebrity feel when they pull out the "do you know who I am?" and the cop actually doesn't. This story is all kinds of hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Everytime I see that Jets logo, it reminds me of this:

Always reminds me of curling rings.


Last edited by Mike8: 09-07-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: merge
nilan30 is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 10:23 AM
  #147
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
Him standing over his girlfriend, on the ground, throwing shoes at her, and then trying to intimidate and power trip over the police officers who responded? Not a small deal.
Lucic is a great hockey player, but he has serious problems. He's done a lot of things that could have really hurt people and just got lucky about it.

Kinda funny that after saying ' Do you know who I am' cop was probably like ' lol, no. I.D please.'

overlords is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
  #148
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
well done devils advocate

next time your in a starbucks and some guy is belligerent standing over a woman throwing stuff at her, you can say "cool story bro".
I wish. I would try to defend her so Lucic can kick my ass good. Easy money with the lawsuit afterward

Maverik is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
  #149
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
Him standing over his girlfriend, on the ground, throwing shoes at her, and then trying to intimidate and power trip over the police officers who responded? Not a small deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
well done devils advocate

next time your in a starbucks and some guy is belligerent standing over a woman throwing stuff at her, you can say "cool story bro".
nice to see that there are some people with at least a shred of decency/common sense on this board.


people trying to defend a guy (a who the hell cares wether it was lucic or anyone else) who stands over his girlfriend screaming at her and throwing **** at her in public (do you really think he's less of a bully in private???), must be blind to how incredibly pervasive violence against women still is in our society.

1/2... yes, 50% of Canadian women above the age of 16 have suffered at least one incidence of physical or sexual violence... HALF!!!

some facts you apologists should consider before coming to the defense of a 6'4 220pd "kid" bullying his girlfriend...

http://www.cdnwomen.org/EN/section05...nce_facts.html


Last edited by Miller Time: 09-07-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Miller Time is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 01:02 PM
  #150
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
He's 23 and got into an argument with his girlfriend. It happens all the time. He never touched her or harmed her. He's guilty of poor judgement in arguing with her in public. It shouldn't happen again as seeing this get publicized should scare him away from doing it again.

I hate the guy with a passion, but he is still a kid. Now if he ever lays a hand on a woman, that's a much different story.
She was probably thrilled to go home with him, so they could have some privacy... Milan is still showing his conditional bravery...

BLONG7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.