HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Grabovski definitely seems like he's done a lot of growing up. Too bad it couldn't have been with us, but he's a likeable player so I'm glad his head seems to be on straight.
Good on him for taking the high road.

Old
09-06-2011, 01:54 PM
zx81

Latendresse shows up slimmed down.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/129167908.html

Looks like he will play with Cullen and PMB.

Old
09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Winnipeg Jets new jerseys

Old
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Latendresse shows up slimmed down.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/129167908.html

Looks like he will play with Cullen and PMB.
Truth is, he probably had a colonoscopy or an intestinal worm.

I find it hilarious that the article title is "hungry"

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Jets uniform is ugly.
Lats will get injured after game 4.

Old
09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Jets uniform is ugly.
Lats will get injured after game 4.
I like the Jersey colors and stripes (marine is my fav color), but the logo is meh

Old
09-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Stradale

Everytime I see that Jets logo, it reminds me of this:

Old
09-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/3d/8d/741f82f74a48a698f0031d30e17a.jpeg
The vertical arm stripe for the away's should've stopped at the horizontal stripes, but I guess most of that will be covered by gloves anyway.

I know the Nordiques have a history with the baby blue, but I think the new Jets should've gone with a colour scheme like this:

If you're gonna go all RCAF with the logo, might as well go all the way with the colours.

Old
09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
Could have done something nicer, not a big fan of those jerseys and logo

Old
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
macavoy

:I like to eat. Everybody knows it

lol Lats

Old
09-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
:I like to eat. Everybody knows it

lol Lats
Oh yeah! ...we know that Tender...we know that..

Old
09-07-2011, 07:20 AM
MarkovsKnee

Apparently, Lucic got himself into a spot of trouble yesterday, although he wasn't charged for anything:

"from Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa with Megan Johnson of the Inside Track at the Boston Herald,

Stanley Cup hero Milan Lucic was questioned by police early yesterday after he and his girlfriend got into an altercation in the North End.

According to a police report of the incident, the Bruins left winger was “highly intoxicated and hostile” after he and his galpal argued outside a Starbucks on Commercial Street shortly before 1:30 a.m.

Witnesses told police the 6-foot-4, 220-pound hockey player was yelling at his girlfriend, who was on the ground, and at one point threw her shoes and purse at her. However, the woman told police she was not physically assaulted and “was adamant about not being harmed,” the report states. Police “did not observe any visible injuries,” the report says, and Lucic was not charged.

Bruins spokesman Matt Chmura confirmed that the team was “aware of an incident that took place in the North End early Tuesday morning involving Milan Lucic.”

“We are addressing the matter internally,” Chmura said. “At this time we have no further comment.”

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...th_girlfriend/

Old
09-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Apparently, Lucic got himself into a spot of trouble yesterday, although he wasn't charged for anything:

"from Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa with Megan Johnson of the Inside Track at the Boston Herald,

Stanley Cup hero Milan Lucic was questioned by police early yesterday after he and his girlfriend got into an altercation in the North End.

According to a police report of the incident, the Bruins left winger was “highly intoxicated and hostile” after he and his galpal argued outside a Starbucks on Commercial Street shortly before 1:30 a.m.

Witnesses told police the 6-foot-4, 220-pound hockey player was yelling at his girlfriend, who was on the ground, and at one point threw her shoes and purse at her. However, the woman told police she was not physically assaulted and “was adamant about not being harmed,” the report states. Police “did not observe any visible injuries,” the report says, and Lucic was not charged.

Bruins spokesman Matt Chmura confirmed that the team was “aware of an incident that took place in the North End early Tuesday morning involving Milan Lucic.”

“We are addressing the matter internally,” Chmura said. “At this time we have no further comment.”

In the Herald it says the cops went over to his condo to question him and he slammed his cell phone on the ground and yelled "do you know who I am?".

Im not even shocked. Between him and Marchand they are really building the true representation of what a Boston Bruin is. Classless.

Old
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Maybe his girl said I'd rather be with PK?

After everything that's happened in the NHL in the past couple of weeks you would think the players would be a little more low key. Well done Milan

Old
09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Protest the Hero

I was going to ask how people can't seem to handle their alcohol in public places like this when they're well-known individuals, but then again this is the guy who sucker punches people often.

Old
09-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post

Someone called 911.

In Boston.

Amazing

Old
09-07-2011, 08:33 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I was going to ask how people can't seem to handle their alcohol in public places like this when they're well-known individuals, but then again this is the guy who sucker punches people often.
He's 23 and got into an argument with his girlfriend. It happens all the time. He never touched her or harmed her. He's guilty of poor judgement in arguing with her in public. It shouldn't happen again as seeing this get publicized should scare him away from doing it again.

I hate the guy with a passion, but he is still a kid. Now if he ever lays a hand on a woman, that's a much different story.

Old
09-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Ridiculous story to even report. You mean to tell me a young adult, who was drinking, got into an argument with his girlfriend? And he was yelling too? Say it ain't so!

What's next? He burns an omelette, and decides to avoid having his house smell like bad eggs, so he throws his garbage out on the curb. Little does he know, garbage day is tomorrow and he gets a ticket. BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic fined by city for disrespecting the garbage law.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Ridiculous story to even report. You mean to tell me a young adult, who was drinking, got into an argument with his girlfriend? And he was yelling too? Say it ain't so!

What's next? He burns an omelette, and decides to avoid having his house smell like bad eggs, so he throws his garbage out on the curb. Little does he know, garbage day is tomorrow and he gets a ticket. BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic fined by city for disrespecting the garbage law.
Quote:
Witnesses told police the 6-foot-4, 220-pound hockey player was yelling at his girlfriend, who was on the ground, and at one point threw her shoes and purse at her.
Quote:
As the officer continued to question Lucic, he “slammed his cell phone to the ground and yelled ‘Do you know who I am?’ ” the police report states. At which point, the officer asked for identification
Him standing over his girlfriend, on the ground, throwing shoes at her, and then trying to intimidate and power trip over the police officers who responded? Not a small deal.

Old
09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

well done devils advocate

next time your in a starbucks and some guy is belligerent standing over a woman throwing stuff at her, you can say "cool story bro".

Old
09-07-2011, 09:52 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
Him standing over his girlfriend, on the ground, throwing shoes at her, and then trying to intimidate and power trip over the police officers who responded? Not a small deal.
Hmm. And after all the jokes about the Habs and purses over the last couple of years. I wonder how it makes a celebrity feel when they pull out the "do you know who I am?" and the cop actually doesn't. This story is all kinds of hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Everytime I see that Jets logo, it reminds me of this:

Always reminds me of curling rings.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-07-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: merge
Old
09-07-2011, 10:23 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Lucic is a great hockey player, but he has serious problems. He's done a lot of things that could have really hurt people and just got lucky about it.

Kinda funny that after saying ' Do you know who I am' cop was probably like ' lol, no. I.D please.'

Old
09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

next time your in a starbucks and some guy is belligerent standing over a woman throwing stuff at her, you can say "cool story bro".
I wish. I would try to defend her so Lucic can kick my ass good. Easy money with the lawsuit afterward

Old
09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

nice to see that there are some people with at least a shred of decency/common sense on this board.

people trying to defend a guy (a who the hell cares wether it was lucic or anyone else) who stands over his girlfriend screaming at her and throwing **** at her in public (do you really think he's less of a bully in private???), must be blind to how incredibly pervasive violence against women still is in our society.

1/2... yes, 50% of Canadian women above the age of 16 have suffered at least one incidence of physical or sexual violence... HALF!!!

some facts you apologists should consider before coming to the defense of a 6'4 220pd "kid" bullying his girlfriend...

http://www.cdnwomen.org/EN/section05...nce_facts.html

Last edited by Miller Time: 09-07-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old
09-07-2011, 01:02 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
He's 23 and got into an argument with his girlfriend. It happens all the time. He never touched her or harmed her. He's guilty of poor judgement in arguing with her in public. It shouldn't happen again as seeing this get publicized should scare him away from doing it again.

I hate the guy with a passion, but he is still a kid. Now if he ever lays a hand on a woman, that's a much different story.
She was probably thrilled to go home with him, so they could have some privacy... Milan is still showing his conditional bravery...

Closed Thread