HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Ridiculous story to even report. You mean to tell me a young adult, who was drinking, got into an argument with his girlfriend? And he was yelling too? Say it ain't so!

What's next? He burns an omelette, and decides to avoid having his house smell like bad eggs, so he throws his garbage out on the curb. Little does he know, garbage day is tomorrow and he gets a ticket. BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic fined by city for disrespecting the garbage law.
I've always defended the off-ice Lucic saying he's a polite and shy guy but looks like the guy has some anger management issue. No matter how old he is or drunk or not, you don't act like that in public. Throwing shoes and purse at a woman on the ground... Really?

Old
09-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

This year¨avatar¨ are going to be fun

Last edited by Rscorpio: 09-07-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
This ¨avatar¨ are going to be fun

Old
09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Read the article wrong. I thought SHE threw her shoes at HIM. Changes everything when a man throws a pair of shoes and a purse at a woman. In that case, I can't really defend his actions.

I've been in plenty of verbal arguments with my wife, out in public so that part doesn't really bother me. But if he can't control his anger, he needs some serious help.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
09-07-2011, 08:56 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Am I really the only one who thought of this when they read about Lucic throwing his shoes? "Who throws his shoe? Honestly!?"

Old
09-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Am I really the only one who thought of this when they read about Lucic throwing his ? "Who throws his shoe? Honestly!?"
He didn't throw HIS shoes, he threw HER shoes. He did throw his purse at her though.

Old
09-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

Am I really the only one who thought of this when they read about Lucic throwing his shoes? "Who throws his shoe? Honestly!?"

Talking about bad guy..... that asian dude (with the melon hat) is a real bad guy.

here http://blog.angryasianman.com/2008/1...gang-****.html

Old
09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
nice to see that there are some people with at least a shred of decency/common sense on this board.

people trying to defend a guy (a who the hell cares wether it was lucic or anyone else) who stands over his girlfriend screaming at her and throwing **** at her in public (do you really think he's less of a bully in private???), must be blind to how incredibly pervasive violence against women still is in our society.

1/2... yes, 50% of Canadian women above the age of 16 have suffered at least one incidence of physical or sexual violence... HALF!!!

some facts you apologists should consider before coming to the defense of a 6'4 220pd "kid" bullying his girlfriend...

http://www.cdnwomen.org/EN/section05...nce_facts.html
What if the girl was the one throwing shoes at him? It wouldn't have even sprung someone to call the cops probably.

I am against violence against woman, have never taken part in it myself. But the double standard is just as ridiculous, just as many men have been assaulted by women, either physically or emotionally.

Old
09-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
What if the girl was the one throwing shoes at him? It wouldn't have even sprung someone to call the cops probably.

I am against violence against woman, have never taken part in it myself. But the double standard is just as ridiculous, just as many men have been assaulted by women, either physically or emotionally.
There's a reason why there's a double standard. Lucic can get punched about a million times by his girlfriend, he'd probably barely flinch, but with one slap he could send her into a coma. It's not because a girl throws a shoe or even slaps you that it gives you a green light to do the same.

Women are generally much weaker physically than men, and absolutely no, there isn't as many men being abused as women, that's ridiculous, you can't possibly be thinking that.
I get the double standard (although I think it's warranted), but to think the abuse is equal is ridiculous. I need a solid, solid study in order to believe that.

Old
09-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

6'4 230 guy vs a 5'5 110 lbs girl.

Totally fair.

Old
09-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Totally fair.
Please don t start the ; Habs need to get stronger again...

Old
09-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
just as many men have been assaulted by women, either physically or emotionally.
if you really think that, I feel very, very sorry for the women in your life.

Old
09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Protest the Hero

Might as well do it:

This wouldn't have happened if she had hired a tough guy!

Old
09-08-2011, 08:54 AM
guest1467

Quote:

Totally fair.
You didn't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There's a reason why there's a double standard. Lucic can get punched about a million times by his girlfriend, he'd probably barely flinch, but with one slap he could send her into a coma. It's not because a girl throws a shoe or even slaps you that it gives you a green light to do the same.

Women are generally much weaker physically than men, and absolutely no, there isn't as many men being abused as women, that's ridiculous, you can't possibly be thinking that.
I get the double standard (although I think it's warranted), but to think the abuse is equal is ridiculous. I need a solid, solid study in order to believe that.

Quote:
First of all, I am talking about North America, because we all know there are parts of the world that are absolutely brutal towards women.

The lack of reporting or recognition of abuse against men is mostly in part of the feminist movement and the media. Little resources, government institutions, help, media, news, and research goes into abuse against men, and to me it is sickening. In addition, a lot of abuse against men goes unreported because of them finding it embarrassing, or it not seriously injuring them, ect.

But you should educate yourselves:

Quote:
In the 1999 GSS, Statistics Canada surveyed 11,607 men aged 15 years and older. It reported that of those men who had a current or former partner during the previous five-year period, 7% experienced some type of spousal abuse on at least one occasion, compared with 8% of their female counterparts.27 Like all previous studies of intimate partner abuse, the GSS findings indicate that abuse was not an isolated event: 54% of these male victims had experienced spousal violence more than once in the preceding period. In fact, 13% of them had experienced it more than 10 times.
Quote:
A Canadian survey conducted in 1987 asked 528 women, aged 18 years or older and married or living in common-law relationships, whether they had physically abused their intimate partners during the previous 12 months. Of the total sample of women, 23.3% reported that they had physically abused their intimate partners at least once in the previous year.31,32

Also carried out in 1987 was an Alberta telephone survey of 356 men and 351 women who were married or cohabiting. Of the men, 12.3% reported they had sustained abuse from their female partners in the 12 months preceding the survey; similarly, 12.5% of the women reported that they had inflicted abuse on their male partners.33
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ncfv-cniv...intima-eng.php

Quote:
A new Statistics Canada study on family violence suggest an alarming, and perhaps surprising, trend is on the rise. More women than ever before are attacking their domestic partners.

According to the 2003 edition of Family violence in Canada: A statistical profile, Statistics Canada says more women killed, hurt or threatened their partners in 2001 than in years before.
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CTVNewsAt1...tmen_20030713/

Quote:
The results reported in this paper are consistent with the first hypotheses -- that mutual violence is the most prevalent pattern, followed by Female-Only, and that Male-Only violence is the lest frequently occurring pattern. The results in the section on prevalence rates add cross-national evidence to the already overwhelming evidence from North America which has found that about the same percentage of women are physically violent to their partners as men, and for young women the percentage is higher than for men (Archer, 2000). In none of the 32 nations studied was Male-Only violence the largest category. In many of the national contexts it was less than 10 percent of violent couples. The predominant pattern was one in which both partners were violent. The second largest category was couples where the female partner was the only one to carry out physical attacks. These results apply to severe violence such as punching and hitting with objects, as well as to minor violence. This contradicts the widely held belief that partner violence is predominantly a crime committed by men. Indeed, almost every treatment and preventive effort is based on that assumption, which these results suggest may be false.
http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mas2/ID41E2.pdf

Quote:
Women are more likely than men to stalk, attack and psychologically abuse their partners, according to a University of Florida study that finds college women have a new view of the dating scene.

“We’re seeing women in relationships acting differently nowadays than we have in the past,” said Angela Gover, a UF criminologist who led the research. “The nature of criminality has been changing for females, and this change is reflected in intimate relationships as well.”

In a survey of 2,500 students at UF and the University of South Carolina between August and December 2005, more than a quarter (29 percent) reported physically assaulting their dates and 22 percent reported being the victims of attacks during the past year. Thirty-two percent of women reported being the perpetrators of this violence, compared with 24 percent of men. The students took selected liberal arts and sciences courses. Forty percent were men and 60 percent were women, reflecting the gender composition of these classes.
http://news.ufl.edu/2006/07/13/women-attackers/

Quote:
This bibliography examines 282 scholarly investigations: 218 empirical studies and 64 reviews and/or analyses, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners. The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 369,800.
http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

Old
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
BLONG7

Cory Stillman about to retire...wow, I am surprised at this news, thought he might play somewhere for a 1M contract....good player, who had a quite type of good career...

Old
09-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Cory Stillman about to retire...wow, I am surprised at this news, thought he might play somewhere for a 1M contract....good player, who had a quite type of good career...
Surprised by this, I was sure he had a good year or 2 left in him and his a great veteran to have on your team as a 3rd liner. Our top 3 lines are pretty much stacked, would have been a good option if there was a spot available

Old
09-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
QFT

Every time some story comes out about a guy being abusive/''disrespectful'' if you want to his girlfriend, it makes the apologists crawl out of the woodworks for sure, and it makes me thankful that none of them are around me and my close ones.

The whole ''men's rights activists'' thing makes me laugh so much, mostly because it's the sexist equivalent to white supremacy tbh, but also because they do,sometimes, point out some problems, but then go they blame them on feminism/women instead of the standard of hypermasculinity that they probably encourage and perpetuate themselves.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 09-08-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: You don't need to use the R word to make your point.
Old
09-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Mike8

Guys, take this to PMs please. While this is the non-Habs thread, it's still supposed to be hockey-related.

I'll leave the above posts there just so people can respond directly to certain points in PMs if you wish.

Old
09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Totally fair.
If she was playing in the NHL she'd be listed as 5'8" 140lbs though.

Lucic looks closer to 6'2" 210lbs.

Old
09-13-2011, 01:08 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Bob McKenzie
Brad Winchester is going to Sharks camp on a pro tryout.

Old
09-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Bernier getting a tryout with the Devils, I wonder why the Habs have never shown interest with him. French, big, has some skills. Playing in front of his fans might give him so boost.

Old
09-13-2011, 05:09 AM
Mike8

Sykora and former Leaf Stralman (the next Lidstrom) are also at the Devils camp on a tryout basis.

Old
09-13-2011, 09:54 AM
BLONG7

Do you guys think there will be any holdouts? Marchand,Schenn, Doughty? The Leafs are in a real pickle with Schenn, he gets 20 pts and is a good stay at home dman, but they have Komi making 4.5M which is a brutal contract, but Schenn looks like he is a better player...I would think he is going to have to take around 9M for 3 yrs...same for Marchand, 3M per....as for Doughty, wow the guy thinks he is deserving of more than 6.8m for 9 years? Wow....

Old
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Sykora and former Leaf Stralman (the next Lidstrom) are also at the Devils camp on a tryout basis.
I saw that and was just thinking, "quite a fall for the next Lidstrom".

Old
09-13-2011, 10:15 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Bernier getting a tryout with the Devils, I wonder why the Habs have never shown interest with him. French, big, has some skills. Playing in front of his fans might give him so boost.
Yes and no....

Darche is cheaper and was more productive than him last season.

Bernier has played on four different teams so far in his young carreer... What's wrong with him ?

Closed Thread