HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Bailey apparently has little interest in going back to long island

Old
09-16-2011, 12:15 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Bailey apparently has little interest in going back to long island
sucks for him cause he's going back

Old
09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
sucks for him cause he's going back
Yea! Laughed this morning when I heard it..
Bad timing.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:56 PM
BLONG7

Would you guys trade Max Pac and Subban for Doughty???

Old
09-17-2011, 02:16 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
That's an overpayment, not out of this world, but we're better off with Maxpac and Subban.

Old
09-17-2011, 02:30 PM
JackZap

Quote:
I wouldnt. Wasnt there some chatter about him being somewhat lazy last yr?! Dont get me wrong hes an awesome player but I love the PK

Old
09-17-2011, 03:06 PM
sheed36

Quote:
I wouldn't.. Doughty is a very good player but I'd rather keep both PK and Pacioretty going forward..

Old
09-17-2011, 03:14 PM
neofury*

I wouldn't trade PK straight up and I fully accept that this makes me the biggest homer and I still don't care. I still believe Subban could get a lot better.

I believe he can be as good as Doughty.

Old
09-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would trade Subban and Pacioretty for Doughty.

Subban might or might not become better than Doughty, and Pacioretty might not be more than a 30-20 player. If Doughty is a perennial Norris nominee, this trade seems great for us.

But...

That's a lot of IF's and if Doughty honestly wants more than 7M/year, then no, this is a terrible trade. Better off with Subban and Pacioretty.

Old
09-17-2011, 03:25 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post

Subban might or might not become better than Doughty, and Pacioretty might not be more than a 30-20 player. If Doughty is a perennial Norris nominee, this trade seems great for us.

But...

That's a lot of IF's and if Doughty honestly wants more than 7M/year, then no, this is a terrible trade. Better off with Subban and Pacioretty.
It's the type of deal I see backfiring big time. Add Pacioretty to LA and he'll for sure be a 30-30 guy. Add Subban to LA and I don't doubt he'll put out Doughty numbers. That being said I think Subban could achieve very good numbers on Montreal too. Seems like a huge risk to get an potentially overpaid Doughty.

Old
09-17-2011, 03:59 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It's the type of deal I see backfiring big time. Add Pacioretty to LA and he'll for sure be a 30-30 guy. Add Subban to LA and I don't doubt he'll put out Doughty numbers. That being said I think Subban could achieve very good numbers on Montreal too. Seems like a huge risk to get an potentially overpaid Doughty.
I don't think I would make the deal either, but that's what the Kings would probably want......Doughty and his agent seem to be over-valuing his worth asking for more than 7M? He is a good player, but should have taken the 6.8M per for 9 years....he is good, but not that good, I personally don't feel he has proven enough yet to command that kind of money....I hope they make him sit all year!

Old
09-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
All these fat jokes, seems Byfuglien is lighter than last season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375992

Old
09-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post

But...

That would be a mistake.

The only reason people aren't as high on PK yet is because he wasn't drafted #1 or 2. Otherwise, the hype around him would have been as high as it was for Doughty.

There's no reason to believe PK won't be a Norris candidate down the road. Even if he isn't it doesn't mean he won't be at Doughty's level. Markov's never been a candidate, still, before his injuries, I'd consider him top 10, arguably top 5 in the NHL.
PK is already an amazing Dman, with only one season under his belt. I'm more impressed by PK's rookie year than I was Doughty's. Once PK becomes more disciplined and is matched with a proper partner, I'm sure he will be as solid as any other Dman in the NHL.

Giving him away on top of MaxPac would be foolish. Even though Max got injured, saying he might just be a 20-30pt player is so negative it's unrealistic.

Old
09-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
That would be a mistake.

The only reason people aren't as high on PK yet is because he wasn't drafted #1 or 2. Otherwise, the hype around him would have been as high as it was for Doughty.

There's no reason to believe PK won't be a Norris candidate down the road. Even if he isn't it doesn't mean he won't be at Doughty's level. Markov's never been a candidate, still, before his injuries, I'd consider him top 10, arguably top 5 in the NHL.
PK is already an amazing Dman, with only one season under his belt. I'm more impressed by PK's rookie year than I was Doughty's. Once PK becomes more disciplined and is matched with a proper partner, I'm sure he will be as solid as any other Dman in the NHL.

Giving him away on top of MaxPac would be foolish. Even though Max got injured, saying he might just be a 20-30pt player is so negative it's unrealistic.
Agreed, lets eyeball PK for another season. I believe we have something special going on around here & it would be a shame to give him to LA for a guy that's better right now, but perhaps equal in another year. I like the personality as well, the new side of Montreal, less ties on Sat eve games, more everyday people.

Old
09-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
That would be a mistake.

There's always the possibility of PK coming back down to Earth, but I agree with everything you've said. We're in a nice spot, we shouldn't dig ourselves into a whole we don't need to.

Old
09-17-2011, 07:34 PM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Agreed, lets eyeball PK for another season. I believe we have something special going on around here & it would be a shame to give him to LA for a guy that's better right now, but perhaps equal in another year. I like the personality as well, the new side of Montreal, less ties on Sat eve games, more everyday people.
One thing about Subban is that he seems to thrive in the limelight. The fans and media of hockey-mad Montreal might just be overwhelming to some. I have no idea if Doughty could handle the immense pressure of being a star in Montreal but it really looks to me like Subban can thrive in this pressure cooker.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:47 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Turris and the Coyotes seem to be worlds apart in negotiations. Some pretty harsh comments from Maloney:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=588756

Quote:
"Kyle is not here and we are proceeding without him," Maloney said. "I don't anticipate any conversations at this point … we're so dramatically different in our positions at this point.

"Everyone has their own contract arguments and issues. Last year, (center) Marty Hanzal came down to a signing at the last minute. But we were always in the same country, let alone neighborhood. It was just a matter of a few dollars here and there. (Turris' position) is just so illogical, from our standpoint. The position he's taken makes absolutely no sense to me. We're going to proceed and, hopefully, at some point, they re-evaluate their stance and realize there is a process to get the kind of number that he's looking for."

[...]

"We have no intention of trading him, whatsoever," Maloney said. "We think he's a young, talented player but he's still developing. Once you are a proven 30- (to) 40-goal, 80-point guy yes, you can get the brass ring … but that's what makes America great, he doesn't have to settle (for less). He can stay at home and watch ‘Oprah.'

"We're open-minded we'd like to have Kyle back. We wish he was here today. But we're going to move forward and not going to think about him again until some point before I'm a hundred."
And then I saw this:

Quote:
"We've signed Kyle Chipchura
I had no idea, I thought he was still in Anaheim.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:10 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

We should trade Gomez for Turris while the iron is hot.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:14 AM
neofury*

Quote:
That would be a mistake.

You misunderstood him. He said he was a 50pt player. He said 30-20 aka 30g-20a-50p.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:15 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
if we trade gomez he will get 80 points, it always happens

Old
09-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
You misunderstood him. He said he was a 50pt player. He said 30-20 aka 30g-20a-50p.
Ah, well, I'm content with MaxPac if he cracks 30G consistently.

Old
09-18-2011, 03:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
wow... harsh words for turris

i have this feeling that 'we don't want to trade him' schtick is to raise turris' value. but i have this weird feeling that the 'yotes management is gonna pull a 'yashin' on him - in which case i'd be fine with it. 4 mil a year? really kyle? like maloney said, go home watch oprah

and subban will never leave montreal simply because that would break up the biggest (and completely not gay) bromance in the league

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 09-18-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Merged
Old
09-18-2011, 09:10 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
I wouldn't trade PK straight up and I fully accept that this makes me the biggest homer and I still don't care. I still believe Subban could get a lot better.

I believe he can be as good as Doughty.
I wouldn't trade PK heads up for Doughty either but it has nothing to do with thinking PK has more upside. It has to do with the same reasoning why I think Gomez has been more valuable to this team than Koivu.

It's about team chemistry, common attituded, beliefs and all the intangibles.and

Old
09-18-2011, 09:20 AM
BLONG7

Didn't realize, Brad Richards will make 12M each of the next two years, his cap hit is 6.67M... but wow, 12M??? Gotta love the Rangers...

Old
09-19-2011, 09:39 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
From the Trade boards, it looks like McCabe signed with Vancouver, since he's on the team's official site now:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8459462

Closed Thread