HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

I call upon you, Russian hockey nuts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-09-2011, 08:12 PM
  #1
zellthemedic
Registered User
 
zellthemedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
I call upon you, Russian hockey nuts

http://imgur.com/a/9XLjd

Can anyone help me identify this jersey? Team, player name...age of the jersey itself? Anything?

It's been in my closet for over 10 years and I'd love to know who's on it.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 08:33 PM
  #2
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 50
I could be wrong but I think that is a veryyyyy old CSKA Moscow jersey.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 09:04 PM
  #3
zellthemedic
Registered User
 
zellthemedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
I could be wrong but I think that is a veryyyyy old CSKA Moscow jersey.
Using the power of Wikipedia, confirmed.

Also, I asked ****** the same question and this is what everyone came up with so far.

1) It's Pavel Bure.
2) CSKA Moscow.
3) Most likely between the years 1987 - 1991.

However, I still have some questions. The jerseys for CSKA Moscow in 1987 - 1991 were red with CCCP on the front. Is it possible this is a home/away while the other is the opposite? Could this be an alternate?

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 07:32 AM
  #4
Soldiers from Neva
Registered User
 
Soldiers from Neva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SPb
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
Using the power of Wikipedia, confirmed.

Also, I asked ****** the same question and this is what everyone came up with so far.

1) It's Pavel Bure.
2) CSKA Moscow.
3) Most likely between the years 1987 - 1991.

However, I still have some questions. The jerseys for CSKA Moscow in 1987 - 1991 were red with CCCP on the front. Is it possible this is a home/away while the other is the opposite? Could this be an alternate?
Where did you get this? It seems to me to be an unofficial jersey, sold on a rinook or outside a match. I can't remember any CSKA jerseys like that, that is not to say it is not cool. Oddly enough there is a market for things like this from the 90s due to nostalgia. Though I could be completely incorrect. What does the tag say?

Soldiers from Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 09:00 AM
  #5
zellthemedic
Registered User
 
zellthemedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldiers from Neva View Post
Where did you get this? It seems to me to be an unofficial jersey, sold on a rinook or outside a match. I can't remember any CSKA jerseys like that, that is not to say it is not cool. Oddly enough there is a market for things like this from the 90s due to nostalgia. Though I could be completely incorrect. What does the tag say?
The tag itself says Made in St. Petersburg, Russia in English (Also says 100% Polyester). So I'm guessing it's not a real jersey. Doesn't bother me that much though. I want to wear it to a Preds game or two this season.

Rinook?

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 09:34 AM
  #6
Soldiers from Neva
Registered User
 
Soldiers from Neva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SPb
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
The tag itself says Made in St. Petersburg, Russia in English (Also says 100% Polyester). So I'm guessing it's not a real jersey. Doesn't bother me that much though. I want to wear it to a Preds game or two this season.

Rinook?
Rinook is a street market, i think the compareable term would be a flea market, but it is a bit different as there are meats, produce, breads and stuff sold there as well.

If it says St Petersburg it was obviously made in 1992 or after, but I can't think of a place that would have made a jersey here!

Soldiers from Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
  #7
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 50
Still a nice vintage jersey none the less.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.